FMH 2013 Suggestions and Requests

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about releasing a larger version of the database/features for those with an ipad/tablet?

They can handle the load, and you could have a staggered pricing structure to compliment each game-size.

27mb is fine for a smartphone app, but those of us with tablets can handle something closer to the real thing.

How about releasing a larger version of the database/features for those with an ipad/tablet?

They can handle the load, and you could have a staggered pricing structure to compliment each game-size.

27mb is fine for a smartphone app, but those of us with tablets can handle something closer to the real thing.

Have you got any proof for that? From what I've heard then when it comes to power then tablets can be a bit of a nightmare to work with. (I can't find my specific sources as of now, but this/ is hinting at the same sort of idea. Instead of doing it for tablets/phones, why not do it on spec by spec? :p

Hi All,

New member but long-time reader.

I've been a fan of the series since 93/94 and love the ios version. I remember playing the magnificent 01/02 version to death and am delighted that the

ios version resembles that so closely.

Quick thing really but I'd love the 'cup' trophies that I've won to be listed individually rather than just as cups (currently it seems that the community shield is lumped in with the champions league, which doesn't seem quite right to me).

It would kinda be nice to have a club history and modern history option like cm 01/02 had but I guess this might be tricky due to memory constraints. A modern history under the player's management would be a decent addition though - surely that data exists somewhere in the game already.

Lastly, is it possible to get the players to make runs like in cm 01/02? I remember those runs were basically dotted lines with an arrow at the end.

Keep up the great work Marc et al - easily the best iphone app out there!!!!

First of all, terrific game, beautifully executed - thank you Marc and team at SI.

Additions to the game

1) May I add my vote for player comparison please? Side by side on screen would be perfectly adequate for me

2) Reserve team - like many here I would love for my reserve team to be competing and managed by me. Together with control of my academy (who does/does not get promoted). Perhaps you could make it an unlockable? Linked to achievement in terms of successful youth development?

Improvements

1) Player Ratings - as Rafa, I'd like to see more on the defensive players' contribution to team success in the season history. And particularly for the GK, it would be good to see detail on shots saved etc. Even the match summary is not very clear for the GK - an individual set of criteria for GK performance would be great in the match stats summary

While on GKs would be lovely to see them less harshly rated for goals conceded too. My GK recently played a stormer according to the 2D display with several great saves including a pen. Then in 80th minute 2nd pen against us - goal - GK rating after this? 6 Yet DC who conceded the pen comes away with an 8.

2) Manager Ratings - would love to see these improved too please. Not the points for trophies - the algorithm for this seems quite nicely done - but the rating for Domestic Bias, Youth and so on. I kept a screenshot of a recent England match in my game - 9 of my players were in the starting 11, 12 of them played in the match, 4 more of them on the subs bench, all the England goals came from my players. England have won their last 3 matches 6-0, 4-0, 3-0 with similar levels of contribution from my club's players. My Domestic Bias rating? 9 Enough said I think :-)

... you've created a fluid, elegant game here guys to keep my comments in the right context. So above all keep it lean and mean - thank you :-)

ha ha

No I always end up getting to my stop on the trip to work mid-game so have to have the game paused and on in the backgrouind for the entire day

Other games allow saves mid game (International Cricket Captain & iOOTP)

Is there any chance of adding crowd sounds like the old CM games e.g. in the build up to a scoring chance or a miss etc.

Would it be able to add information to help to decide on an appeal against a ban? Given that we do not have a match report there is no way to judge whether it's worth pursuing an appeal; although at present there doesn't appear to be any negative outcome for appealing.

Would it be able to add information to help to decide on an appeal against a ban? Given that we do not have a match report there is no way to judge whether it's worth pursuing an appeal; although at present there doesn't appear to be any negative outcome for appealing.

I have to agree with this. Sometimes the in game commentary can give you a clue but it would be helpful to know why a player is sent off.

"How predictable, boring and easy is the regen system after a few seasons? Very! The system is so obvious even the inclusion of beards to them wouldn't give them some depth! It needs a total revamp." - A FMH player

Many fans of the FMH series have questioned the regeneration system for players since it has been cracked many can identify a player easily and the attributes have made it somewhat easier to snap up players for cheaper than before who are young and obviously gifted. This makes the game quite simple to master even when in the lower regions due to players often regenerating at empty clubs (the lowest division promoted clubs).

I believe there is an answer or two in order to combat the system that may be easy to implement, however could work really well.

Randomise dates:

Most know 2 months after a player retires another one will appear, so a simple change of putting it between 0-24 months then players randomly appear over the time in order to prevent a massive influx during August.

Positions:

Everyone knows the main thing is positions in order to tell a players' regen but is there a way to stop it? Of course! Having a base position such as Beckham (M R/C) turning into a MR then having competent in M L/C in order to give variety. A bit of randomness and having the player based around one or two positions instead of his whole set would do wonders for the system.

Nationalities:

Personally I believe there are two things to this section - nationality of the player and where they appear.

Firstly, nationality of a player does change but I believe it doesn't do it enough - even if it is adding a second nationality to the player such as English/Irish from English. This along with the one above may help identifying players harder to do.

Another gripe for me is that English players only appear in English clubs where as we know players like Patrick Van Aanholt (Dutch) have appeared at Chelsea in real life so why can they not do this in game? I will leave you to draw your on conclusion on this one.

Attributes:

Again there are two problems with this - overpowering attributes and predictability.

Overpowering attributes at a young age can give you an unfair advantage if you scout and utilise it correctly. Players to the standard of Messi and Ronaldo can be picked up at 18 for a measly £250k where as the AI isn't smart enough to do this due to the club's they often play for. There's a few ways to combat this in my opinion with one being capping CA at a certain age for regens with a degree of randomisation but a bias towards the lower-middle section (say 0-130 and 40-70 is common).

The other option is of course to link CA/PA with club size, obviously there's a few exceptions as in real life but at the moment it is highly unrealistic for Dover to produce Champions League standard players consistently so limiting them according to their reputation would help vastly improve this section of the game.

The other main concern I have is predictability as if you see an Italian player with pace in SC it is Del Piero, it is too obvious! Now I am not saying randomise every attribute totally as then you can have a striker who's not a striker by attributes and that will be silly. What I propose though is keeping certain attributes marked such as randomising certain attributes but giving a bias so for a striker shooting is always high and then if they're given strength their favoured position is a TM, certain bias' but allowing randomisation will combat the obvious predictability the system is currently giving the game while allowing it to be realistic.

On a deeper issue it could allow trends in the market that may not be meant but will improve the game a lot - lots of DLPs for example lead to a passing game throughout the world for a decade or so.

What do you think about the regen system? Post below!

RE: What do you think about the regen system? Post below!

I have played FMH since it first appeared on the iOS and I have never (knowingly) found a Beckham regen or a Del Piero regen. I still don't know how to.

Whether this is the same thing or not, I don't know. I find signing young talented players to be really easy to do. Every so often, I will go to the player search filter. I will select a position in 'Customise' and then select a range of key attributes starting from as high as 20 to as low as 13. Quite often I will find a player who plays in the lower leagues that has a range of attributes that are considerably high for someone of his age and level (as I'm typing this, I'm now starting to think that I've been signing regens and not just realising it). I've found some quality youngsters who obviously improve with age. When I first started doing this, I found it to be a great way of finding talent at cheap, cheap prices. However, I now find this to be a tactic that slightly ruins the game.

For example, in my current career, I am manager of VV Venlo, a small club in the Dutch league. A day before the summer transfer window shuts, Sporting Lisbon offer 5.5M for one of my midfielders. Now this midfield is one of my best players but he isn't irreplaceable and is worth 2.2M. I gladly accept knowing the board will be happy that I have made such a big profit. However, I need to bring in cover and only have a day to do so. I follow the steps as detailed above and I find (without the need of my scouts) a quality midfielder who is 19, has ten green numbers, with the rest being blue. I offer 200K to guarantee his services (he was worth a lot less than that) and as soon as he is signed, his value shoots up to 3.5M. A great find!

The problem is signing players in this way makes playing the game easy. To build a quality team, or replace star players, I can easily rely on finding young talent at cheap prices. My scouts become redundant and as soon as a club comes in with a big money offer, I know that I can accept without worry as I know I’ll find a cheap alternative that will do just a good job.

Cheers for the response guys.

Dean - They are regens if their history starts after 2011-12 with some starting in that season too. I agree about it becoming too easy, hopefully my pitched system gets noticed by SI and it is intergrated in some way.

Tyler - I totally agree, what do you think about my system? I don't think the newgen system would be viable on the current devices though (iOS and Android), even more so on Android due to fragmentation.

I personally would love to see a trimmed down version of the game available to play, essentially like having different levels, with a quick option and the normal game the way it is now. I have bought every version from '04 through '11 but it just seems that there is just to much for the more casual gamer. When I saw the additions to '12 it just seemed to be getting even bigger and I had to end the streak. Don't get me wrong though, I love the game and while I don't mind the heavy in depth game, every now and then I would like the option of just being able to play a "dumbed down" (for lack of a better term) version. One where I don't have to have a press conference after every game, I don't want to allocate individual training for each player in the squad, I don't want to have to look at every players individual attributes to find out which type of role I should give him or how I should talk to him before, during, after and between games. Essentially, I don't want it to take me 3-4 hours to set up the team and play friendlies before I can start the season. I know I can just skip most of this stuff but I also know that by doing that it will mean the team doesn't perform quite as well and that is what I would like to change. An option to remove some of the more tedious, "chore-like" tasks without affecting the performance of the team would be great.

My suggestions to improve the regen system:

Some background

At the moment in FMH all players which are generated are "regens". This means the player has all of his stats based off a previous, retired player. Unfortunately this adds a layer of predictability to the game and removes some of the fun. For this reason the game should include newgens not regens.

However, with the small amount of processing power in a handheld device then it would be very clunky to generate stats for every single new player in the game, this would slow things down too much.

The solution

It's quite simple, as in Dr. Who the computer made everyone identical to save space, the game does not need stats for players that are not used or interacted with.

A newly generates player needs no stats, they are not being interacted with at all by anyone. It should not be until they're stats are first interacted with that they are generated, for instance when involved in a match (most players will not go straight into the team).

When a newgen is created it gets added onto a queue of starless players. These players can then be ranked on importance, which would be based off some polynomial judging they're reputation, player reputation, etc. to judge where in the queue they are added (quicksort is, as the name suggests, a fairly fast algorithm, with newgens you are unlikely to have a dataset too big to slow down the algorithm).

Then, as the game notices spare processing time, where it is not expected to do anything, for instance the player is looking at the news, then it will take the top player off the queue and generate stats for that player.

This should hopefully be a fast method of generating player stats, the main issue being in the importance vector taking up extra RAM, but the amount saved by players with no stats should displace this fact.

tl;dr newgens are nais.

I personally would love to see a trimmed down version of the game available to play, essentially like having different levels, with a quick option and the normal game the way it is now. I have bought every version from '04 through '11 but it just seems that there is just to much for the more casual gamer. When I saw the additions to '12 it just seemed to be getting even bigger and I had to end the streak. Don't get me wrong though, I love the game and while I don't mind the heavy in depth game, every now and then I would like the option of just being able to play a "dumbed down" (for lack of a better term) version. One where I don't have to have a press conference after every game, I don't want to allocate individual training for each player in the squad, I don't want to have to look at every players individual attributes to find out which type of role I should give him or how I should talk to him before, during, after and between games. Essentially, I don't want it to take me 3-4 hours to set up the team and play friendlies before I can start the season. I know I can just skip most of this stuff but I also know that by doing that it will mean the team doesn't perform quite as well and that is what I would like to change. An option to remove some of the more tedious, "chore-like" tasks without affecting the performance of the team would be great.

This is the handheld forum mate. FMH is a stripped down version of FM12.

Retraining

A message will display to advise if a first team squad player refuses to be retrained in a new position

.... No message is shown if a reserve player refuses this new position though

Can this be amended please

Sorry mate, only new to these forums, didn't realise there were handheld and PC sections.

If you have an iOS or Android phone, you should consider FMH based on your earlier suggestions. FMH is a stripped down version of it's big PC brother - similar to the old CM game

These may have already been suggested, but I would like a dark theme.

The reason for this being that the darker the screen image is, the lower amount of battery power consumed. This is particularly noticeable on AMOLED devices such as the Galaxy SII - upon which a black pixel means that it is completely OFF, and dark pixels are just that: dark, and therefore less power consuming.

This should help handheld users alike to squeeze some extra performance out of their batteries whilst playing FMHi 2013.

Also, a feature where you can choose to add extra leagues in the event that you only chose one or two whilst setting up the game. This would mirror the system on FM where you pick the league and it will then load at Christmas time. (Extra leagues such as MLS, Ukraine, Russia would be amazing too!)

Cheers!

I really think that there should be a first team, reserve team (who actually play in reserve leagues) and an under 21 team as i went out and bought about 40 regens and then i had no space in my squad left for more experienced players. Most of my regens were about 19 or 20 so they would have fit in it. Making reserve leagues means that you wouldn't have to send out all your players on loan. I also think that when the club expands the stadium there should be something more than just a bigger number on the general info page. Like you could gain money from every home game and expanding the stadium would gain more revenue.

Media coverage for more things is a must.

And lastly the ability to choose either more leagues to be able to manage in or choosing a continent (unlikely because of the database)

• SI Staff

Hi - implementing reserve leagues is unlikely to happen as it would eat up a load of extra memory (something that's in short supply on handheld devices) for a relatively small amount of benefit. Even though the game doesn't show stats for players in your reserve team, it does simulate them playing reserve-level football and they will develop accordingly. Of course, sending them on loan to somewhere where they'll play in the first team will be a lot more effective - but that would still be the case no matter how many reserve or youth leagues the game could contain.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a simple and easy change you can make. Well not a change really..... Anyways, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LET US MANAGE GERMANY NATIONAL TEAM!!! ALSO, BEING ABLE TO OFFESR CONTRACTS OR DO ANYTHING TO MAKE THOSE GREYED OUT, FAKE, SOMETHIMES A REPLACEMENT PLAYERS TO BECOME REAL!!! THOSE THINGS WOULD BE AWESOME!!!! Thanks.

• SI Staff
Here is a simple and easy change you can make. Well not a change really..... Anyways, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LET US MANAGE GERMANY NATIONAL TEAM!!!

This can't happen for legal reasons.

Changes to the virtual player system are currently being considered but may take a while to come to a firm decision on, we'll tell you if there's any further news on that.

Echoing some of the comments above, I'd really like to see some half time team talk option added some recognition via news/media if you win a major game against a rival team. I'd also like to suggest a minor UI update in the team selection screen so that if you click on a player it automatically allocates the next available open slot for the player in addition to the dragging and dropping or moving to the second screen. e.g I have an empty team, the first player i select should become the GK, then DL, DR, DC, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

I have two suggestions:

1. Postpone Matches, when too many players are on international duty.

Last Season i had to play 4 Matches with 15 Players on international duty, one of the matches was the Copa Libertadores final.

2. More different Names

I play in Season 2027 and started to coach Atletico Mineiro. Out of my 23 players 15 have the names de Souza, da Silva or dos Santos.

• SI Staff
I have two suggestions:

1. Postpone Matches, when too many players are on international duty.

Last Season i had to play 4 Matches with 15 Players on international duty, one of the matches was the Copa Libertadores final.

From what I understand, it isn't the case in real life that matches are postponed in Brazil because of international duty, and it's fairly common for teams to have to play competitive matches with missing players.

2. More different Names

I play in Season 2027 and started to coach Atletico Mineiro. Out of my 23 players 15 have the names de Souza, da Silva or dos Santos.

Agreed with this and there's already a request in to improve it.

From what I understand, it isn't the case in real life that matches are postponed in Brazil because of international duty, and it's fairly common for teams to have to play competitive matches with missing players.

Thanks, so it's a brazilian problem.

Adding to all the comments about improved media news items, I'd like more stories about shock results or happenings. Cup shocks, big teams missing out on Champs League, top international teams failing to qualify for tournaments or going out at group stages. Would all be good for immersion.

I'd also like to suggest a minor UI update in the team selection screen so that if you click on a player it automatically allocates the next available open slot for the player in addition to the dragging and dropping or moving to the second screen. e.g I have an empty team, the first player i select should become the GK, then DL, DR, DC, etc.

buy an ipad and it will ;)

• 2 weeks later...

2012 is great! The only things id really like are changes to the regen system.

The posts above on this by dec and co are awesome. Newgens would be ideal, but anything to make them less predictable would be great.

How about randomly swapping sides? So a mrc could become a mlc, randomly of course. My brain is tiny however so im sure you guys can think of better options.

The other thing is just more flavour. E.g. Ive had players score 70+ goals a season, which people would go crazy about in real life but it doesnt get any reaction in game.

Manager contracts - This is so that it can be harder/easier to get fired depending on your wage and years remaining, and would work similar to the PC way

More detailed finance - In real life the club accounts are released yearly so the manager does see what money has been spent on what and what income has come in, so a summary of the years finances in the finances section that's updated when you start a new season would show us whether we are making a loss/profit so we have a greater idea of what we can spend to not risk the clubs future, as just saying 'Rich' doesn't really give us an idea

I would like to see:

Better contract negotiations - bit more in depth with add ons - bonuses etc also between clubs too

Also the ability to do a deal prior to a particular transfer window even if you don't technically have cash in the back at that time. At the beginning of a season you will normally get a transfer budget and often in Jan window a little extra, so you should be able to make bids and do deals regardless of how much is in the bank at the time.

Archived