FMH 2013 Suggestions and Requests

-The ability to compare between players ( it will be the most helpful tool).

- choose name for save file.

- more than 4 save files.

more will coming after my first season of playing.

And I am with Lillywhite Dean (no in-app purchases).

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seriously? I did not know that. I unlocked it in FMH 2010. But I didn't know you could use it at the start of a new game.

Other thing: I would like to see achievements like on the Steam version.

did you know you can spam turn it off and on and the money just keeps going up and up

Scouting System - It's just kind of annoying because sending a scout to scout means you lose all the previous scouting reports. So the only way to actually build a scouting network is to manually scout everyone. That's just crazy busy work. Either that or remove the limit to the number of players you can scout at a time. That way at least I can mark everyone to be scouted at one time.

Training - The system is ok, but I don't think anyone fully understands it outside of SI. Maybe a better explanation in the game of what trains what would help. Does anyone really understand what the "Motivational" category is? Does it train a players leadership? Does it train nothing and just keep up morale?

Integrate first team & tactics button. If you go to first team, you can't set your player roles and such. The functionality of those two sections are so similar they could easily be integrated into one place.

Rework a players profile. At the very least allow us to change a players training from their profile. It's just kind of a pain to be looking at a player and think "Hey, I need to put him on a fitness schedule" and then have to back out and go to training and then search through a list of players to find that same guy again. If you could change it from their profile, it would be much more user friendly.

Is there any way of having off the field incidents?

Appreciate you probably couldn't do this with existing players for legal reasons, but when the regens start to come through. Players arrested for fighting on a night out/breaking curfews and drinking before matches - stuff like this

The 2 (very similar) features I would most like to see in future versions would be:

1: The ability to compare a players stats with another players.

2: The ability to compare a players stats with their own past stats. E.g. Check player X's current stats with his own stats from the start of the season/when you bought him/before you changes his training regime etc. This second feature would be especially rewarding when viewing the stats of a player you bought young and have developed over a few years- thats my favorite aspect of these type of games, seeing players develop, it's almost impossible to keep tract of every players stats (would be hundreds of figures to remember), hence this "Comparing feature" would be a nice addition.

I think the 2 above suggestions (essentially the same thing just executed differently) would be possible even with a small handheld screen. You could use something similar to the existing stats screen but have one players stats in red, the other in blue, with the highest of the 2 values in bold for example.

3: one very minor change, but one I think would be simple to alter, is the appearance of the stars when looking at a "Player's potential". There are about 6 stars (or around that) but they overlap each other. It's a small point but I would prefer it if they didn't overlap as it would be easier to count the stars, I think it would make the game look more polished :-)

Keep up the great work. Really enjoying the game. It's really great that the developer/s read and post on this forum!

• SI Staff
I think the ability to be offered a managerial role at a better club is an essential must for this game. Its what being a manager is all about really

This is something that is already in the game, though it might take you a little while to build up your reputation to the extent that bigger clubs get interested in you :)

New leagues are fine, but I want to see some flavour to what is otherwise simply a different database. You can do this through graphics and also different types of news report and media interaction. Managing in Italy for example should be an intense media examination of every game. I'd like to see far more media interaction with both newspaper reports at the end of games and favourite/antagonistic reporting. I also want to see interaction with other managers. Currently there isn't any.

For example, in a recent game my Lincoln team went to Man City and beat them 4-2 in an end to end thriller. As they are one of our main competitors I was expecting jubliation from the players, a pat of the back from the board, an angry reaction from their manager, some gloating from our fans. Instead there was nothing. Not one message about anything. It was a massive victory, but you just wouldn't know. This is what i want in the game and it's not like it's even hard to implement.

Fantastic idea.

I've said this before but I simply will not buy FMHi until it has these 3 features:

1. The ability to view the cup draws.

2. No 30 season limit - have an unlimited time on one save.

3. The ability to manually transfer in the correct team badges for the EPL etc.

I would also like to see iCloud usage for saves (I.e. be able to continue an iPhone save on my iPad).

gallery_1_1_5169.png

1. Mistakes

Mistakes by a referee are part of football now whether we like it or not. Sometimes these shape up a match but other times they're minor such as a dive getting a player a yellow card.

These are in FM but not FMH and form of a referee does affect the game play in this. It works both for and against you as your players can dive and get the opposition sent off, have an offside goal ruled as a goal and much more. However it also works against you to bring balance into the game as goals can be cleared off the line but ruled in or even the reverse in which your goals can be in but ruled not to be.

Should this be in FMH though? I believe so as it is a part of the modern game and will bring realism to the match engine; as long as it isn't weighted in one favour or to extreme in the amount of mistakes that occur. This isn't the end however as after the match you could go to the press after a good/bad game by the referee and slate or praise the referee or choose to decline to answer the questions. These will have an effect as after a so much bad press given to referees by you or in harsh circumstances you may be punished with a touchline ban, in which your options will be locked down during a match for a certain amount of games and the assistant does any changes.

2. Personalities

Different referee personalities could change your tactics and the emphasis of the game. A little message before the game will tell you what type of referee it is, this could then impact the way your team plays as for example a harsh referee may get his cards out a lot so playing committed tackling wouldn't be a good way to go. Another example could be a referee who doesn't deal with pressure that well so will favour the crowd that gets on his back, so you may want to play defensive away from home and avoid the offside trap.

I personally feel this will bring a new way of thinking to tactics and give the game a bit more depth within the match engine while making it less predictable. It is a pretty simple thing but it can make a big difference and bring an extra dimension into the game.

What do you think?

Perhaps in the 'mop-up' update we could be able to view how many appearances were loans and starts? It makes me a bit iffy that my striker Raul Gracia (regen) had 43 appearances and 46 goals 5 assists in one season, but 31 apperances 11 goals 4 assits in the next (where I played him as a substitute for 15 or so matches to close out the game/match fitness/happiness). In the next season, I started him more often and had 11 apearnces, 13 goals and 1 assist with maybe 3 or 4 substitute appearances. I don't think it accurately represents how valuable the player is.

Also Dec9363's posts are really in-depth. Worth a look I reckon.

• SI Staff
Referee's

Just so everyones aware - referee's will make mistakes in games and will (in rare circumstances) lose control of a game a little and become temperamental/snap a bit (had a highly aggressive match where the referee becomes card happy all of a sudden, thats whats happened).

With regards to personalities these are actually available - but at the moment referee's a all 'bland' because there wasn't the memory to store/display referee statistics over time ... without which I thought it was a little harsh to leave such things invisible until the match begins (ie. you not be able to take this into account when you select your team).

This might change in the future though ... time will tell.

Just so everyones aware - referee's will make mistakes in games and will (in rare circumstances) lose control of a game a little and become temperamental/snap a bit (had a highly aggressive match where the referee becomes card happy all of a sudden, thats whats happened).

With regards to personalities these are actually available - but at the moment referee's a all 'bland' because there wasn't the memory to store/display referee statistics over time ... without which I thought it was a little harsh to leave such things invisible until the match begins (ie. you not be able to take this into account when you select your team).

This might change in the future though ... time will tell.

I'm using Tevez upfront in a Man City save, and he *always* manages to dive and get penalties, or to force red cards.

Another vote here for being able to compare two players' stats, please. :)

Although there's prolly enough room on the iPad screen to do this, i guess it would be quite tricky on the iPhone/iPod Touch.

Perhaps there could be a side-by-side comparison for the iPad, while on the iPhone/iPod Touch there could be a button to quickly switch back and forth between one player's stats to the other; not ideal for the smaller platforms, but better than nothing?

Aside from my earlier suggestions (viewable cup draws, ability to import your own EPL team logos, no 30 season limit per save), I'd really like to see a bit more realism to freshen it up. For example, transfer deadline day is so exciting in real life as deals go through every hour until midnight and the rumours go overboard etc. In the game it just passes without any fuss - no attempt to inject any excitement or realism at all. Also, if you take a minnows side to the latter stages of the FA cup nothing is said about it whereas in real life there is a big commotion.

It's the little details like this that would make a big difference to me. Apart from a few new features every year it's essentially the same game from years ago. It doesn't feel like SI are trying anything to spice the game up a bit and make it "feel" like real life without including unnecessary items like agents.

Aside from my earlier suggestions (viewable cup draws, ability to import your own EPL team logos, no 30 season limit per save), I'd really like to see a bit more realism to freshen it up. For example, transfer deadline day is so exciting in real life as deals go through every hour until midnight and the rumours go overboard etc. In the game it just passes without any fuss - no attempt to inject any excitement or realism at all. Also, if you take a minnows side to the latter stages of the FA cup nothing is said about it whereas in real life there is a big commotion.

It's the little details like this that would make a big difference to me. Apart from a few new features every year it's essentially the same game from years ago. It doesn't feel like SI are trying anything to spice the game up a bit and make it "feel" like real life without including unnecessary items like agents.

Agreed :thup:

How do you effectively use scouts?

There are times where I would like a scout to go out and find me a RB or a LM. As I understand it, you can't actually do this on FMH can you?

Also, when I ask a scout to look for players by region, the results often return unrealistic targets i.e. players who's wage or value far exceeds my budget.

Is it possible to include a 'scout player filter' similar to the filter used in the player search screen? That way I could tell my scout to go out and try find me a LW, who earns no more than Xk per week and is worth no more than X amount.

Invert scrolling - the fat scrollbar doesn't right when I have to pull it in the opposite direction. Back in the old FMHi's then I could just drag it like I would a normal scrollbar...

Manager profiles are in the game, so in the hall of fame why must I go to the club page to access the manager stats and not just click on their name?

Suggestion, I understand that top players are added into the game for realism, and if you're playing ECC and stuff, but players that are ageing and without a club (for instance Cristiano Zanetti) don't make sense loading into the game if you're managing, say, Prestatyn in the WPL. This would allow you to load more players into the database that could be of use to the player.

I think this has been mentioned a few times before but the game needs to recognise rivialries. I think morale, board happiness and fans happiness should be greatly affected by the winning or losing to your fiercest rival. I also think there should be some media interaction implemented around this as well.

I love that you can loan out all players under a certain age now, although it's not much help when your star player is within that age bracket ;)

Maybe a slightly more useful feature would be to allow you to loan out all players in the reserves.

Lovin' the new version :D

This may be just me but I'd like the game to be a little harder. I find that once I get a suitable formation I can win everything and that obviously isn't the case in real football. Maybe more shock results and better AI would be the solution but either way, I think some formations are way overpowered

My main suggestion is definitely a bigger player database. I don't know if the leagues you choose at the start affects the players that you can sign within the game but I always see people who play the desktop version saying they found a star player from somewhere and when I go to try to check him out on the handheld then he isn't there. They aren't regens or from that odd a team. A lot of players are cut off from other teams for example if I'm Rangers then teams in Holland or something only has a few players in the teams that you can actually buy and things like that.

Also, option to buy from loans is a good idea and I agree that the game needs to be harder. I go Rangers most of the time and I've won the Champions League with in a couple of seasons and I've ended up with a team with Fabregas, Pato, Higuian and Wilshere in it before :lol:

More leagues as well cause I like going more obscure teams in the desktop version like Cluj, Mentalist and APOEL and things like that to see how high I can take them.

Great game though SI, just little things. :thup:

I've read *most* but not all of the replies, so apologies if any of my suggestions are boring repeats :o

* Rivalries: Seems like it would be a welcome addition and add alot of realism to the general gameplay. Theres nothing better than pulling off a shock result against local rivals!

* Offer to buy clauses in loan contracts: I'd definitely like to see this. It's most annoying when you loan an out of favour / fringe player from another team, only to improve his moral and increase his value, then lose him when he returns to his team (who are now unwilling to sell). I think it would be rare to secure future stars with offer-to-buy clauses but not so much for out of favour players.

* Loading custom formations in-match: I had a strong feeling that you could do this, but either its not there or I have just missed it. It's annoying when I want to shift to a custom defending to custom attacking formation (for example) mid game, but am forced instead to stick to the presets.

* Scouting positions: Would like to choose a particular position for scouts to concentrate on. Nothing worse than when your after a goalie in the next window but scouts keep offing up strikers!

---> As a side point I think sometimes the scouting setup produces players that are wildly unrealistic, either not interested in joining are far out of budget, but this seems like more of a FMH12 bug / quirk than a suggestion for FMH13.

Ant.

• SI Staff
On thing I would like though is the ability to block transfers in th first window (I don't think this exists)

Noted - I'll consider this for the future, would you want 'no transfers' from CPU clubs at all during this period? .... while it'd leave clubs with 'realistic' squads it might seem a bit odd, also would you still expect to be able to sell your players and buy other clubs players? (ie. I'm a tad concerned you could easily cheat using this).

I've read *most* but not all of the replies, so apologies if any of my suggestions are boring repeats :o

* Rivalries: Seems like it would be a welcome addition and add alot of realism to the general gameplay. Theres nothing better than pulling off a shock result against local rivals!

* Offer to buy clauses in loan contracts: I'd definitely like to see this. It's most annoying when you loan an out of favour / fringe player from another team, only to improve his moral and increase his value, then lose him when he returns to his team (who are now unwilling to sell). I think it would be rare to secure future stars with offer-to-buy clauses but not so much for out of favour players.

* Loading custom formations in-match: I had a strong feeling that you could do this, but either its not there or I have just missed it. It's annoying when I want to shift to a custom defending to custom attacking formation (for example) mid game, but am forced instead to stick to the presets.

* Scouting positions: Would like to choose a particular position for scouts to concentrate on. Nothing worse than when your after a goalie in the next window but scouts keep offing up strikers!

---> As a side point I think sometimes the scouting setup produces players that are wildly unrealistic, either not interested in joining are far out of budget, but this seems like more of a FMH12 bug / quirk than a suggestion for FMH13.

Ant.

I think this is a good condensed list of the most popular requests. The only thing I'd add, to which others have also commented on, is to make the game harder.

I would like it to be easier to see if a player is jaded or slightly tired. Maybe a "!" symbol?

And how does it work if a player has more than one issue affecting his happiness (e.g. Retiring at the end of the season + jaded?). Would be nice if we were able to see all conditions afflicting a player.

Finally, I would love see the defensive statistics (like tackles and headers) on the squad detailed view "Stats". We can't really judge how good a defensive player has been right now, except by average rating.

well i like more interactions with the player

a no season limits unlockable

more events i guess,if a referee did bad in a game,cause media uproar,or support from fans and directives

media,pre game or post game press conferences could be cool

more training and team instruction options,i like my team to play like barcelona does,keep possesion,and attacking a lot,and i feel like short attacking instrucitons dont fill up for that

and set piece training in a way

when you buy players,check the option for the second teams,or reserves...i buy a lot of players in young ages,and if i send them to the second team they get mad :s and was my option to build them there

keep tactics option on second team or reserve,i want to set the playstile the same as my major team,that way,if i promote a player,he does not need to learn how to play in a new system xD

when starting the game,choose the divisions in the tournament,i want to start unemployed in the adelante liga,but i want to get the chance to go to other lowers division in other countries if they offer me a job xD

the scout should give the option to search for a role or more tactical position,a left winger for example

a lot of things from others post are great,like the argentina and serbian tournaments,the argentina tournament is the best tournament of south america imho... or interactions with others managers,yeah tell x manager i hate them for getting my job at x club xD

compare players too

the option to disable the match engine,you know skip the date and give you the result of the game

and more presence in world tournaments,even the option to go and scout and see the stats of a player in a world cup could be so fun

the option follow the progression of a player,get news if he is injured or scored a hat trick

in tactics i like more options without feeling doomed,like using 3 defenders,or even with a lot of offensive midfielders and no true forward xD

wingers,i read somewhere that wingers arent good,and i found they all perform pretty bad.Fix this please! i hat to set the players as inside forwards always in my last game,fix this please! i actually like to use a old schools winger

and a lot more i cant remember now :(

i hope they get a few of this thing for the game

PS: english is not my home language,so sorry if i write something wrong xD

New leagues are fine, but I want to see some flavour to what is otherwise simply a different database. You can do this through graphics and also different types of news report and media interaction. Managing in Italy for example should be an intense media examination of every game. I'd like to see far more media interaction with both newspaper reports at the end of games and favourite/antagonistic reporting. I also want to see interaction with other managers. Currently there isn't any.

For example, in a recent game my Lincoln team went to Man City and beat them 4-2 in an end to end thriller. As they are one of our main competitors I was expecting jubliation from the players, a pat of the back from the board, an angry reaction from their manager, some gloating from our fans. Instead there was nothing. Not one message about anything. It was a massive victory, but you just wouldn't know. This is what i want in the game and it's not like it's even hard to implement.

Yep, I've mentioned this for years - a post match media and fan response (and opposition responses if possible) for every game just like in the PC version would add so much to the game. I'd much rather have this than any more leagues, tactics etc...The only time you get any comment on your team's match performance is during an email item telling you whether you've progressed or not in a cup game and even then it's when it's an unexpected result.

Scouting club and national tournaments would be good if possible as well. I'd also like to see more players in the squads of the top continental club sides.

2D match engin modifications:

You know the match is an important part of the game that can give you feel you are the coach of the team when you see your team performance and act depending on that, this will make the game more enjoyable.

So i want to put some ideas hoping they will be useful to bring that feel:

- Make an option to choose how long you want the match to be (for example , 5 min. match or 10 min. match) like football sim games. so, you can see the whole match as long as you like.

- You can make a color for the ball. for example, blue and make it light blue when the ball is closer to the ground and goes darker to represent how high the ball is. ( this will make the feel if it is pass or cross for exampl).

With these two modifications i think there is no need for text commentary anymore.

Thank you for this good game.

Note: Sorry if my english is not clear.

This maybe a stupid idea but what about relationships like a player who is single gets a girlfriend and the player has a morale boost and then after a while he could get married and get kids and stuff

and they could also get into arguments and have a huge morale decrease they also may need time out for " personal reasons" feel free to blast just a idea :p:)

I've seen a lot of requests from people who would like to see an extended or full 2D match engine in FMH.

Not sure if this is yet technically possible, but even if it is, I think it’s a bad idea.

FMH is supposed to be a lite version of Football Manager. One of the great aspects of FMH is the ‘pick up and play’ feature of the game. You could get through a whole season in one night if you had the time. Extending the match engine would start making FMH a more complex game which would require more of your time. I like the fact that I can whizz through a game in no time at all but still feel I’ve seen enough to make informed decisions that impact that the game and results.

I actually now switch off the 2D match engine.

I also saw someone suggestion the idea of being able to skip a game all together and just see the result. You can already do that by asking your assistant to take over your game. I think skipping the game goes against the whole point of playing it though

This maybe a stupid idea but what about relationships like a player who is single gets a girlfriend and the player has a morale boost and then after a while he could get married and get kids and stuff

and they could also get into arguments and have a huge morale decrease they also may need time out for " personal reasons" feel free to blast just a idea :p:)

Or players wont start due to family issues?

• SI Staff

Loving the way you mention a 'morale boost' when he gets a girlfriend ... but not when he gets married ;)

PS - More seriously this wouldn't be feasible as we're modeling real people and I wouldn't want to upset someone if they found they got a girlfriend in the game and are already married or gay, celibate or whatever ...

- Can we remove the appeal process when the person sent off has received 2 booking please

(Appeals should only be for straight reds I think)

- Please add the extra 2 substitutes for Spanish Cup games .... there are only 5 subs in the current game allowed to be picked when it should be 7 (same as League & Euro competions)

Archived