International call-ups in the same day as very important game

Story told in few lines... Second season coaching Porto, after a very frustrating first season, loosing every possible title in the last weeks of competition. Great, no problem, the board didn't sack me, so prepared meticulously the new season.

All has changed for better, then comes this, in March, 6 games till end of Liga Zon Sagres and sitting top of the league, my place at the Portugal Cup finals already booked, still battling in Champions League, first round after group stage, lost first leg at home against Valencia 1-2, in the return match my lads thrashed them 1-6 at Nuevo Mestalla, it was a beauty, next game in line, semi-finals of league Cup against my most fierce rivals, SL Benfica, because of the latest run of excellent matches I saw some of my key players being called up for their national sides after long absences, like some kind of reward, at least that was what I thought. But in the end, it was a poisoned gift.

The semi-final of the league cup was scheduled for march 27th, the exact same day as World Cup Qualifiers, bugger, 15 players unavailable in first team, plus 32 of my youth players also unavailable due to international call ups, which left me with 4 players in the first team, plus 16 of my weakest youths who never played a match as professional. End result, got thrashed 4-0 at Estádio da Luz. Naturally... Oh.... And please note that the match with Valencia was played on March 20th, this will make more sense further ahead...

I had to accept the result as a sportsman, there was nothing I could do to fire up such a "team" to face the likes of Luisão, Artur Moraes and Pablo Aimar. But what annoyed me more than not seeing the game post-ponned due to international call ups (this I can blame SI), it was one question placed by a newsman in the post match interview: "Don't you regret leaving outside some of your key players after this result?"

"WTF?! Are you f****** kidding me? Get the f**** outta my face before I blast your sorry a*** into oblivion with my shotgun!!!" should be available as a valid answer. How dare this person to make such a question?

Gentlemen at Sports Interactive... After so many years, how can you allow this to happen? If I have no players to compose a team I should be able at least to propose a new fixture date to my opposition, if not propose, I should be able to beg on my knees and make a fool of myself. Sometimes I got matches re-scheduled because FM understands 3 days between matches are not enough to rest my players and in this case, a match that could grant me a spot at a final... Come on.... We had 7 days to play this. But noooooooooo..... In the same day as WC Qualifiers suits better.

The other option, there shouldn't be reporters as blind as Mr Magoo in the post match interviews, because IMO, that was what annoyed me more.

And I rest my case. So I guess I'm going out right now and drink to forget this and to forget that I will hate SI for the next 24 hours.

Revenge is the wicked pleasure of a small brain, so... My brain is really tiny, because I've tied my Liga Zon Sagres title in the ground of the enemy, Estádio da Luz, and left the competition 9 points behind, and thrashed Sporting CP in Taça de Portugal Final, so.... I'm ok now. :)

And it happened again... As the title of the thread suggests... Portuguese Cup Final 2014, for no reason whatsoever the final has been delayed 3 times, and as of result, the match is finally schedulled to June 11th, when all my internationals have already been called to their squads for the FIFA World Cup. :(

PS-I won the final against Sporting CP, being 1-0 the scoreline... Just lucky I guess... 11 absences this time, and my opposition with full-strenghth squad.

Archived