[FM11]Slavojkia must be a hell of a place!

emgergo

There's only one relegation place, and my intention is to leave it to Mihalovce (who are tipped 12th, we're 11th) or any other (un-)willing team.

Last time I saw our reputation, it was somewhere down in the gutter. We almost managed to sign a D RL who we needed very much. From Dubnica.

They just got relegated to the third tier, it tells you something about how attractive my club is.

So we gathered money-hungry mercenaries. I'd rather have collected money-hungry Slovakian mercenaries, but a very good left-sided utility player asked for something of an outrageous sum. So cheaper alternatives were shipped in.

Vasilj (M/AM L): should be first-choice left winger

vasilj.jpg

Urban (GK) can be good for the future, and a decent backup for now.

urbanm.jpg

Sharpar (DM/MC) will be needed alongside Bakari, as I plan to use two defensive-minded central midfielders.

sharpar.jpg

Mrevlje (M/AM RC) was a pre-arranged transfer, I don't know how he'll cope with the top league.

mrevlje.jpg

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The big signing is Maycon (AM L/ST), and he excelled in pre-season, too. Not that high attributes, but he seems to thrive in the deep-lying attacking duty forward position.

maycon.jpg

Chuchman (DC) is clearly Corgon Liga level, he'll compete with captain Kitas and Lukac for the starting spot.

chuchman.jpg

Chech teen Böhm (AM/FC) is for the future. He has talent for sure (great flair, good long shots, work rate, off the ball)

bhmaw.jpg

AUGUST

After an immaculate pre-season (8/8 wins) things looked like too rosy, so we lost Maycon with an injury for the first three matches.

Trnava (A) 1-1: For our first ever top flight game we were up against it, as they had much more quality and they showed it with a dominating midfield display. Trnava went one up late in the first half and we never looked getting back into it, until Croatian winger Vasilj came in in the 76th minute and scored with his second touch a minute later. We almost snatched it in the end from a counter, but I won't complain as we were outshot 16 to 4!

Mihalovce (H) 4-1: A crucial home tie against the only supposedly weaker team. Our stadium was near full and Mihalovce's players enjoyed our hospitality as well as the truly tiny and terrible pitch... The team was rampant: Guba scored in the 4th minute, Lukac added a second after a corner and Pavelka scored a brace, the second coming after a brilliant counter. They clawed one back just before half-time but they were dead, buried and gone by then. We could have added to the four (especially as they got a defender sent off) but were content with a very easy win.

Zilina (A) 1-0: Our win meant 11x money for those who bet on us :D Title holders Zilina poured forward all game and all we could do was hanging on to the goalless draw, but luckily they were not patient enough to make clear chances and we took our only chance late in the game: after a corner Guba sent a sharp header right in front of the goal and Pavelka headed it home from short distance. The pros of having two giant strikers ;) Amazing win...

...especially that we were outshot 17 to 4!

Flop side: Bakari got injured and is out for 3 weeks.

Senica (H) 0-1: Well, it was time our luck turned, as we lost a very even game. Both teams were shooting like the spaghetti western movie heroes (17 to 16), there won't be any tales told about the quality of finishing. Their goal was beautiful, however.

Kosice (H) 2-1: An almost packed stadium waited for our geographically closest top league rivals. They missed golden opportunities in the opening minutes of both halves and we punished them for it. In the middle of the second half centre-back Sharpar sent in a sharp ball from the near post and their defender deflected it in for an own goal, ten minutes later our captain Kitas headed the second in after a free-kick. They got one back something like ten minutes from time.

The conclusion of the month is that we can't play anything like quality football but it doesn't matter as we have the tallest squad and it shows :D 6 of our 8 goals were headers and/or set-pieces!

Standings: 1. Senica 13 pts, 2. Nitra 12, 3. Trebisov 10, 4. Slovan Bratislava 10... 12. (relegation) Moldava 1.

Was about to say, should do well with those players.

You should tell that to my players as well :D

OCTOBER

Ruzomberok (A) 0-1: I dread playing teams with both strikers on a barren run - they always seem to break their scoring duck. One of them did from a rebound, and we lacked the power to equalise.

Dunajska Streda (H) 0-0: A very unremarkable match, though we hit the post twice and them once, it amounted to two big zeros. Guba stroke the post in the 92nd minute, which was quite unfortunate.

Moldava (A) 0-1: They were struggling at the bottom of the table, so we kindly helped them up... Moldava scored after a nice counter and we missed the few chances coming our way.

Banska Bystrica (H) 0-0: I really hope my strikers score more off the field than on it. They can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo. Pavelka was one on one on the keeper in the 94th minute just to screw it wide. :mad:

Slovan Bratislava (A) 0-0: Still no goals, but I take an away draw at historically the strongest Slovakian team any time.

Cup: Bardejov (H) 4-3: Goal galore! :eek: Maycon scored his first ever for the club and followed it up by another three. After 4-1 up the team looked disinterested and we almost paid for it.

Nitra (H) 1-0: After 546 minutes (!) finally a league goal and it caused a shock to league leaders Nitra, too! We were outshot (6 to 17), outplayed and outperformed yet Pavelka smashed home a shot late in the game after some fine play by Maycon.

Trnava (H) 1-1: They went one up early and hung onto it despite us dominating. Maycon showed some skill and a precise shot in the 92nd minute to even things up, which was no less what we deserved.

Zilina (H) 1-0: Sold-out game against the title holders and we made it 2 out of 2 against them! They were the more dangerous team, but Maycon scored a superb goal at the death of the first half and we held firm afterwards.

Mihalovce (A) 1-3: We had a chance to keep Mihalovce at the bottom of the table, four points adrift from the 11th. So it was really infuriating how the team threw the game away, allowing Mihalovce to score thrice in 25 minutes. Maycon equalised their first but we couldn't find a way back.

Senica (A) 0-3: That was just crap. Next.

NOVEMBER

Ruzomberok (H) 0-1: We were heading for a 0-0 - which was what the look of the play suggested anyway - but conceded from a long shot, 12 minutes from time.

Cup Stara Lubovna (H) 2-1 aet: A non-league opposition seemed to be ideal for a confidence boost, but they played out of their skins. We went ahead by a wonderful goal from Pavelka, they equalised with a looping header in the 93rd minute. We punished ourselves with extra time - the last thing we needed as we had a host of injured players - and young centre-back Milan scored the winner after a corner. Phew!

By that point we lost our first three choices for central midfielders with injury and the strikers were also decimated.

Kosice (A) 1-1: Kosice are fighting for survival and we are in nowhere near safety, so I was satisfied with the draw, especially that we came back from behind by Gavala's first ever top flight goal.

Dunajska Streda (A) 0-1: A performance I don't want to see again. Awful. We were battered throughout the match, it could have been 4 or 5.

Moldava (H) 1-1: Moldava "took" the last spot from Mihalovce and this was a must-win for us. Slovenian midfielder Ziga Mrevlje put us in the lead 5 minutes on, then we missed several chances and Majoros had the absolutely bright idea of a two-footed challenge 20 metres from Moldava's goal... He saw red, and we immediately conceded after the break because of a bad mistake by Maycon. We just should not throw away points like these.

Banska Bystrica (A) 0-2: Did I say I don't want to see again something like the performance against Dun. Streda? Well I saw it yet again. We lost by 2, should've lost by 4.

DECEMBER

Slovan Bratislava (H) 2-1: Given our dreadful form I was not too positive about this match and as Slovan went in the lead, I lost further confidence. Then Maycon scored from a counter and we fought hard for a point. We were rewarded with three, as Pavlik - who missed a similar chance just moments ago - beat the keeper with a subtle finish in the 92nd minute. We somehow held onto it in the next four minutes, celebrating a win and the end of our winless run in the last league match of the autumn.

Cup Trnava (A) 2-0: Away at one of the best teams of the country - to be honest I couldn't really care about this match and put out a bit of an experimental side, which was easily beaten.

So we're out of the cup (not really bothered) and 8th in the league, which is decent. Our total lack of creativity is alerting, probably that causes the problems of the strikers, too. There are only 12 rounds to go and we're 12 points clear in front of Moldava in the only relegation place. That should be safe enough. So far 35 points were always enough to stay up, so we probably need at least 10 more - which can be achieved as we host 3 of the 4 teams below us. We badly need a new creative midfielder, a healthy Bakari (a rare sight!), an in-form striker (pleeeeease, guys) and actually turning up for the away games, as our record there is awful.

autumny.jpg

For Christmas I suggested the board that they should finally relay the pitch, as it is not far in quality from a first World War no man's land.

They told me basically to sod off.

I asked for improving youth & training facilities.

Same answer.

I have the feeling that the board wants to stockpile the money, as long as we're in the Corgon Liga :D

WINTER TRANSFERS

I received an offer for 4th choice young centre-back, Ivan Milan from Zilina. 100 K :eek:. With a 50% sell-on tag they're free to take him at the end of the season.

On the arrivals' side, meet the new playmaker.

balaban.jpg

Funnily enough we, Hungarians do not have very direct ties with Huns, but probably the Western chronicle writers were unable to distinguish between horsemen who come from the east, rob and kill everything, then leave in a flash :D

Atilla's power centre and supposed grave was here, though.

Yes, you're Magyars I believe.

Yup, and in the Turkish and southern Slavic languages the etymology is right (Macaristan, etc.).

But anyway, we kind of "take" the Huns, I've seen some weeks ago an "Attila - European Tour" T-shirt (battle dates on the back) which was well funny :D

Looks like a difficult league right there, but I'm sure with a few more signings, you can push for a top half finish. The playmaker looks okay too.

First I'd like to progress slowly, as it gives more chance to develop my youth internationals (Majoros, Pavlik, Babic, Guba, Cernak). Most of them signed full-time contracts just this winter, so we'll see how they develop - I'd really like to build a strong team around them.

Have you got some short term goals then? Over a 4 year course?

Sure. Survival for now, avoiding second-season slump next season, higher midtable afterwards. The main problem is that we're not yet a pro team (and I can't even request it), so over a championship season we're probably unable to keep up with the big clubs.

New signing Balaban failed to settle (he switched a Romanian hellhole for a Slovakian one, looking at the towns he's played in) and asked for a leave of abscence. Given.

It won't help his starting eleven position, though...

FEBRUARY-MARCH

We opened the spring fixtures with away games at Nitra (5th) and Trnava (2nd), so I expected 0 points. The team met my expectation :p

Nitra (A) 1-2: This was the better of the two matches - despite going 2 behind from two set pieces, we never really looked out of it. Maciaszek pulled one back with his first goal of the season, and our fate was in the hands (feet?) of Maycon, who missed two clear chances late in the game.

Trnava (A) 0-3: We conceded 3 in the first half, the rest was damage limitation. Next, please!

Mihalovce (H) 4-1: The attacking section turned up for a change, and we duly kicked Mihalovce's behinds yet again. Pavelka and Maycon scored in the first half, and after 2-1 Guba (who notched up his 6th post/bar earlier on) broke his scoring duck and hit a brace, the second coming from a wonderful free-kick.

Senica (H) 2-0: Senica are 6th but in miserable form, so I hoped for back-to-back wins. An unlikely player carried home the points: Poliacek, who is an AM LC but was the starting right winger due to everyone being injured. He was excellent on the right against Mihalovce (2 assists), this time he scored a brace.

MARCH–MAY

Zilina (A) 0-1: We've beaten the league leaders twice already (while being outshot about 10:40), this time no luck. But we were heavily outshot yet again :D

Kosice (H) 6-2: Who let the goals out? (who, who?). :eek: Balaban returned from his one month homesickness leave and debuted with a goal and three assists. Pavelka grabbed a hat-trick, Maycon and Chuchman added to the rout. By far the best I've seen my team play.

Ruzomberok (A) 1-1: finally an away draw, and we earned it, Maycon getting our goal.

Dunajska Streda (H) 0-0: A stinker of a match, we really should have re-funded the fans for this.

Moldava (A) 2-0: Good God, an away win! OK, it was against the bottom dwellers, but still. Pavelka and Lukac hit the back of the net, and the three points ensured survival mathematically.

Slovan Bratislava (A) 2-2: I got lucky, selecting teen Malian striker Nambala Bakayoko as the lone forward – he scored a beautiful brace to earn us a very creditable point.

Nitra (H) 3-0: Stadium attendance record broke as we sold out each and every place of the 3000. After a dull first half we rolled over them. Goals by Bakayoko, and own goal and Zrubec.

Banska Bystrita (H) 2-0: This one decided about whether we end up 8th, 7th or 6th. In front of a sellout crowd we triumphed with goals by Maycon - maybe our best goal in the season - and Vasilj, who thus scored the very first and the last goal of the season. As Senica lost, we went to the dizzying height of 6th. Great first ever season in the top flight, I guess. Now we just need to avoid second-season slump syndrome!

endofseason.jpg

graphfi.jpg

Honours: we got overachievers of the season (not surprising), furthermore I was voted for best manager, that was nice.

SQUAD BREAKDOWN

[TABLE=class: grid]

[TR]

[TD]Name

[/TD]

[TD=width: 86]Position[/TD]

[TD=width: 86]Apps [/TD]

[TD=width: 86]Gls [/TD]

[TD=width: 86]Ast [/TD]

[TD=width: 86]MoM [/TD]

[TD=width: 86]Av Rat[/TD]

[TD=width: 333]Comment[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Richard Bartos

[/TD]

[TD]D R[/TD]

[TD]31 (1)[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]6.96[/TD]

[TD]Very solid performance. He's not that good to step up to much better teams, so he can be a long time around.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Ferenc Gazsi

[/TD]

[TD]GK[/TD]

[TD]29[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]6.80[/TD]

[TD]Another good season from the Hungarian goalkeeper – he'll have competition from Urban in the coming year though. But for now he's first choice[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Ladislav Majoros [/TD]

[TD]D LC[/TD]

[TD]28[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]6.97[/TD]

[TD]Despite being played in a non-natural position – I've had no better left-backs – he was doing fine. Next year probably back in DC. He's not yet 20 and has 84 league appearances for the club![/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Vyacheslav Sharpar [/TD]

[TD]DC[/TD]

[TD]27 (1)[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]6.79[/TD]

[TD]Nothing spectacular, but he is a very defensive-minded DM and suitable in that role.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Peter Kitas [/TD]

[TD]DC, DM, MC[/TD]

[TD]26 (1)[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]7.01[/TD]

[TD]I always seem to have overachieving players, and team captain Kitas is just one of those: he should be a backup judged by his attributes, but he's a leader on the pitch. 143 league games for the club and counting, he'll probably make 200 as he's 29.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Karol Pavelka [/TD]

[TD]ST[/TD]

[TD]24 (4)[/TD]

[TD]9[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]6.98[/TD]

[TD]Gave what's expected of him – he'll never be a goal machine, but is able to score in the 8-12 range per year. Lots of unnecessary yellow cards. Next season his contract runs out and he's 31 – we'll see if he gets an extension.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Igor Chuchman [/TD]

[TD]DC[/TD]

[TD]24 (3)[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]6.92[/TD]

[TD]He debuted with an awful performance but picked up later. He's brutal and very strong, but has hard time dealing with tricky forwards.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Maycon [/TD]

[TD]AM L, ST[/TD]

[TD]23 (5)[/TD]

[TD]8[/TD]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]6.97[/TD]

[TD]He ran into some injury trouble but otherwise did why he was brought into the team, giving creativity and goals.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Kevin Bakari [/TD]

[TD]DM, MC[/TD]

[TD]19[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]7.02[/TD]

[TD]Injuries cut his autumn short but he's excellent, one of the best DM-s of the league. And he'll improve! Fortunately, no offers yet for him.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Miroslav Poliacek [/TD]

[TD]M/AM LC[/TD]

[TD]18 (4)[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]5[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]6.87[/TD]

[TD]One of the surprises of the season, somehow he found form on the right-wing despite being a playmaker.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Ivan Vasilj [/TD]

[TD]M/AM L[/TD]

[TD]17 (9)[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]6.67[/TD]

[TD]One of the not so pleasant surprises: goal in the first and the last round and a series of subpar performances in between.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Jozef Lukac [/TD]

[TD]DC[/TD]

[TD]17 (2)[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]6.82[/TD]

[TD]Did an OK job but hasn't convinced me that he should be in front of Kitas and Chuchman in the pecking order[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Ziga Mrevlje [/TD]

[TD]AM RC[/TD]

[TD]16 (4)[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]6.70[/TD]

[TD]Useful in right-wing and playmaker, but gave really average performances. He needs to step up a little.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Vladimir Guba [/TD]

[TD]AM C/ST[/TD]

[TD]12 (13)[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]6.71[/TD]

[TD]He could only score against Mihalovce. Something is missing, or he meets better centre-backs, as his efficiency went downhill. Still, at the age of 20, 95 matches/27 goals for the club is not bad.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Marek Babic [/TD]

[TD]D RL[/TD]

[TD]8 (5)[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]6.76[/TD]

[TD]Useful backup, will be nothing more.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Krzysztof Maciaszek [/TD]

[TD]M RL, AM R[/TD]

[TD]8 (5)[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]6.59[/TD]

[TD]He could be on his way out after next season. His contract is running out and it looks like he can't cut it in the Corgon Liga[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Ivan Zrubec [/TD]

[TD]MC[/TD]

[TD]7 (6)[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]6.87[/TD]

[TD]The same applies: he's getting older, he's not really suitable for the top level and lately we play with no MC either.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Alexandru Balaban [/TD]

[TD]M/AM C[/TD]

[TD]7[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]5[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]7.37[/TD]

[TD]The Romanian playmaker came, left homesick, came back, debuted with a goal + 3 assists match and has been a creative spark. A host of teams are bombarding me with offers – but they are all offering me 0K, so they can f*** right off![/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Jozef Pavlik [/TD]

[TD]M LC[/TD]

[TD]5 (11)[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]6.71[/TD]

[TD]I feel his development has stalled, so maybe he'll be leaving on a loan. Or I try to retrain him for AML[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Jan Vaculciak [/TD]

[TD]WB/M RL[/TD]

[TD]5 (4)[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]6.71[/TD]

[TD]He did a backup job, but he's past it and will be allowed out on a free.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Nambala Bagayoko [/TD]

[TD]ST[/TD]

[TD]4 (6)[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]6.91[/TD]

[TD]The young Malian forward came during the autumn and is showing promise – he might be our future centre-forward competing with Guba (this would meen a farewell to Pavelka)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Matej Urban [/TD]

[TD]GK[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]6.53[/TD]

[TD]The U21 national goalkeeper was somewhat of a disappointment, I expected him to challenge Gazsi outright. Has serious problems in defending the short corner, it seems.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Marcel Gavala [/TD]

[TD]ST[/TD]

[TD]3 (3)[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]6.58[/TD]

[TD]He's moaning about not getting a starting 11 place, but he was always underachieving. Will be sold in the summer.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Ivan Milan [/TD]

[TD]D RLC[/TD]

[TD]1 (4)[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]6.88[/TD]

[TD]The young D RLC did not see much action but got a good deal: Zilina buys him for 100K + 50%. Good for him, good for us.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Ivan Cernak [/TD]

[TD]M RLC[/TD]

[TD]0 (6)[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]6.67[/TD]

[TD]Another youngster who seems to be off from his potential. And he's an M RLC, now we don't play with a) ML, b) MC, c) MR.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]David Böhm [/TD]

[TD]AM/F C[/TD]

[TD]0 (1)[/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]6.90[/TD]

[TD]He's only 17, and he played well in the U18s and was rewarded with an A-team debut. Can be very good.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Tomas Lenarth [/TD]

[TD]MC[/TD]

[TD]0 (1)[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]6.60[/TD]

[TD]Not cut for this level, so he'll be cut.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

SEASON 2015–16

League: Corgon Liga (top tier)

Media prediction: 10th

Board aim: mid-table finish

We have funds in the kitty but are not really able to use them, as we are still semi-professional. I turned most of the team and backroom staff pro anyway. We have a new shirt sponsor deal, for about 10x much as before, that comes in handy!

TRANSFERS

Not many promising players on the market. I had pre-mediated deals for two young prospects, added one more and a DM. Still looking for a backup DR.

transfers1516.jpg

Babic (M/AM LC): not sure how he'll develop, but he can fill in quite a few positions. Poliacek is aging anyway.

babict.jpg

Urban (DL): a left-back was needed, as last year Majoros played there and he's more of a DC.

urbanq.jpg

Masa (M/AM RC): right winger is not one of our strong positions, so despite his age he'll be in contention for a starting spot.

masag.jpg

Smitran (DM/M C): I just needed a backup DM - last year luckily there was no time Bakari and Sharpar were both injured or suspended, but this can't go on forever. Comes from Slovenia.

smitran.jpg

Pre-season: the team was clueless about the new tactic, probably it didn't help that some of the staff was changed. We said goodbye to the ass. man (legend at the club), in came another legend of the club.

Senec (A) 1-1: Newly-promoted Senec were on the back foot most of the time but they took the lead. Karol Pavelka missed two golden chances and misses out half of the season as he suffered a serious injury. We were maddeningly unable to put the ball into the back of the net until Ziga Mrevlje found it from virtually the goal line after a corner.

Dunajska Streda (H) 4-0: Without a doubt one of the ugliest matches I've ever had in FM with loads of brutal and malicious fouls. 30 fouls, 10 yellows, 1 red. They missed a penalty at 0-0, Maycon got us in front and in the second half Guba scored a brace and Bagayoko finished them off.

Zilina (A) 0-0: Mrevlje was sent off after half an hour, so a goalless draw counts as a great result away to the league's strongest team.

Ruzomberok (H) 2-1: Balaban scored on 3 minutes, Bakari sent in a great free-kick 3 minutes from time, all in all a deserved win.

Banska Bystrita (A) 0-3: They beat us with three headers, which is particularly annoying as we sport the tallest squad of the Corgon Liga. Starting DR Bartos got injured, his backup, Babic was already injured after a U21 international match.

Slovan Bratislava (H) 3-1: Vladimir Guba opened the scoring in the 26th second and was inspired to the best performance of his carreer as he scored a hat-trick. Slovan pulled one back in the 84th minute, but we walked a big team! :eek: BTW we lost Bakari before the match with a sport hernia (2 months, and a recurring injury)

Mihalovce (H) 3-0: We were on a roll and it was an easy win, goals by Balaban, Maycon and Bagayoko

Kosice (A) 4-1: An even match was 1-1 with a goal by Masa on our part and an own goal. Ivan Vasilj came in, scored on his first touch in the 76th minute and we run them into the ground, Balaban and Chuchman gave us a great win - which took us to the top of the table!

Nitra (H) 0-1: We ran out of gas, conceded after a corner just before half-time and never really threatened. Especially when we finished the match with 9 men due to injuries.

Senica (A) 0-1: My backs were getting injured, left, centre and especially right. Our makeshift defence was working OK but they found a net with a screamer late in the game. The scorer has a long shot rating of 2, yet he hammered it in from 35 :mad:

Trnava (H) 0-1: They are somewhat of a bogey team, and I'd really like to see their Nigerian striker moving to a different league, as he always seems to put us to the sword. We had two sending offs (Bartos, Balaban) and couldn't push for an equaliser late in the game.

Senec (H) 3-1: The strikers still can't find form but the attacking midfielders gave us the win: Mrevlje, Masa and an own goal made it three, finishing our bad run.

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=width: 86]Pos

[/TD]

[TD=width: 122]Team [/TD]

[TD=width: 86]Pld [/TD]

[TD=width: 86]Won [/TD]

[TD=width: 86]Drn [/TD]

[TD=width: 86]Lst [/TD]

[TD=width: 86]For [/TD]

[TD=width: 86]Ag [/TD]

[TD=width: 86]G.D. [/TD]

[TD=width: 86]Pts

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]1st [/TD]

[TD]Slovan Bratislava

[/TD]

[TD]12[/TD]

[TD]8[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]26[/TD]

[TD]14[/TD]

[TD]12[/TD]

[TD]26[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2nd [/TD]

[TD]Trnava [/TD]

[TD]12[/TD]

[TD]8[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]26[/TD]

[TD]17[/TD]

[TD]9[/TD]

[TD]26[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]3rd [/TD]

[TD]Nitra [/TD]

[TD]11[/TD]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]25[/TD]

[TD]14[/TD]

[TD]11[/TD]

[TD]22[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]4th [/TD]

[TD]Trebisov [/TD]

[TD]12[/TD]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]20[/TD]

[TD]11[/TD]

[TD]9[/TD]

[TD]20[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]5th [/TD]

[TD]Zilina [/TD]

[TD]10[/TD]

[TD]5[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]17[/TD]

[TD]9[/TD]

[TD]8[/TD]

[TD]19[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]6th [/TD]

[TD]Kosice

[/TD]

[TD]12

[/TD]

[TD]5[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]5[/TD]

[TD]24[/TD]

[TD]23[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]17[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]7th [/TD]

[TD]Senica [/TD]

[TD]11[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]5[/TD]

[TD]14[/TD]

[TD]17[/TD]

[TD]-3[/TD]

[TD]14[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]8th [/TD]

[TD]Dun. Streda [/TD]

[TD]12[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD]15[/TD]

[TD]21[/TD]

[TD]-6[/TD]

[TD]14[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]9th [/TD]

[TD]Banska Bystrica [/TD]

[TD]12[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]5[/TD]

[TD]17[/TD]

[TD]25[/TD]

[TD]-8[/TD]

[TD]13[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]10th [/TD]

[TD]Michalovce [/TD]

[TD]12[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]7[/TD]

[TD]12[/TD]

[TD]22[/TD]

[TD]-10[/TD]

[TD]11[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]11th [/TD]

[TD]SFM Senec [/TD]

[TD]12[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]5[/TD]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD]12[/TD]

[TD]24[/TD]

[TD]-12[/TD]

[TD]8[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]12th [/TD]

[TD]Ruzomberok [/TD]

[TD]12[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]10[/TD]

[TD]14[/TD]

[TD]25[/TD]

[TD]-11[/TD]

[TD]4

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Looks like the Senec match was the anomaly. :(

Zilina (H) 0-1: We put up the fight but were clueless in front of the goal. Deserved away win.

Dunajska Streda (A) 0-3: Unacceptable, rubbish performance. It could have been even a heavier defeat.

Out of the last six matches five lost without scoring. That looks bleak (so does our play!). No strikers in form and we're playing in a Wednesday-Saturday rhythm, which surely does not help.

I might need quality, not only luck ;)

Ruzomberok (A) 1-0: Balaban scored from the spot in the added time of the first half, they went a man down, we held onto the lead.

CUP Trnava (A) 0-1: The squad was ravaged by injuries, so I couldn't give a rat's arse about this match. Played a B-side, almost snatched a draw. Maycon misses everything.

Banska Bystrica (H) 0-1: No goals, no party. My strikers are all useless, except for Maycon, who's even more useless and still misses every chance.

Mihalovce (A) 1-0: Centre-back Igor Chuchman headed home the (deserved) winner. Strikers still MIA.

Slovan Bratislava (A) 1-3: Actually we were up front in the break with a brilliant Balaban goal, but they came back hard on us.

Kosice (H) 1-0: I don't understand how it wasn't 3 or 4, but anyway, a win is a win and Maycon finally scored! Guba still waiting for a goal, he hit the bar, the post and a shot was cleared off the line - he's cursed.

(note: first goal from a striker in 2 months and 11 matches!)

finallyt.jpg

Nitra (A) 2-1: A really nice win, helped by a late challenge and a resulting red for a Nitra player in the 12th minute. We took the lead with Bartos' first ever goal for the club but they equalised. We looked to be heading for a draw but we stroke on a quick counter in the 93rd minute, youngster David Böhm getting his first ever senior goal!

Senica (H) 0-1: Back to earth - conceded in the first half and we were unable to come back, despite knocking on the door. Home record is 6-0-5, with a lot of 0-1s. I think it's partly to do with our ground being very tiny and opposition actually going for counter this time, unlike last year.

We're sitting fourth as the winter break comes, no danger at all, probably no chance of getting any better. BTW having 23 matches from August to the first week of December is a killer!

autumnlu.jpg

I feel your scoring pain. After three years in the Czech leagues I have experienced exactly the same situation, especially in those games against crap teams who fluke a goal but you just miss chance after chance. You can only dream of bringing in replacements with the budgets being so strict. Makes the game so much more fun though :D

SPRING SEASON

Trnava (A) 2-2: We are usually whipping boys at Trnava, but not this time: we turned it around from 0-1 to 2-1 with goals by Pavelka and Maycon, they just only managed to equalise. A very good point.

Senec (A) 3-0: Surprisingly easy, Maycon, Pavlik and Bagayoko got the goals.

Dun. Streda (H) 2-2: A dull first half was followed by a livid second, Poliacek and Masa twice got us in front, but they equalised twice - both times capitalising on Bartos' errors, who duly got a 3.6 rating.

Zilina (A) 0-2: When you go down in the first minute to the best team in the league, you know it's uphill. We conceded a second soon, the rest was damage limitation.

Ruzomberok (H) 7-1: Holy s***! :eek: We threw everything at them and then some more: Masa, Majoros and Bagayoko gave us a 3-goal lead within 30 minutes, Bakari, Maycon and Pavelka (twice) added to it in the second half. Bakari's goal is in contention for goal of the year, he simply smashed it from 30 metres or so.

Banska Bystrica (A) 1-5: Back to Earth. We'll be fighting them for the fourth spot, so a draw would have been nice, but everything they shot somehow went in. To give a classic Wengerian post-match commentary: we had more of the possession, shot more, shot more on target, so it's plain to see we've been the better team. Oh, and we lost 1-5. Bugger.

Mihalovce (H) 2-0: Our geographically closest rivals are usually easy prey at home, this time as well: Bakari scored a penalty right after the break and Maycon finished them off.

Slovan Bratislava (H) 1-3: It was a decent effort, but we conceded twice early on. Chuchman got one back, then we missed our chances for equalising and got punished on the counter.

With four rounds to go the top of the table is: 1. Zilina 69 pts, 2. Slovan 58, 3. Trnava 51, 4. B. Bystrica 44, 5. Trebisov 43, 6. Nitra 42. The rest doesn't really matter. No. 4 spot might mean European football, depending the outcome of the cup and the top five are rewarded with cash, which would be most welcome.

By the way: when does a club turn pro? Does it depend on bank account? The board's willingness? So far in my saves the team always turned pro in the top tier, not this time.

Boards willingness I think but bank account plays a big part. Hope you can keep Nitra off at least.

Well, I couldn't :(

Kosice (A) 3-1: For 75 minutes nothing was going on the pitch, then came a thrilling ending: we took the lead by a goal from Masa, they equalised it six minutes from time, just for Chuchman to head us into the lead in the 90th and Masa finishing them off in the 93rd minute.

Nitra (H) 1-2: That was an important one. Unfortunately we fell behind and though Guba equalised, they scored from an individual effort in the 89th minute. Somewhat of a deflating loss. Both Nitra and Banska Bystrica overtook us.

Senica (A) 1-3: Things were getting on track with an early Bagayoko goal. Then we found the self-destruct button and conceded thrice, two being own goals.

Trnava (H) 1-3: After 20 minutes we were two behind. Masa got one back but as we poured forward they hit on the counter. Ending the otherwise good season with three losses is... meh. So is the fact that we lost out on the prize money!

seasonendingtable.jpg

positionsjx.jpg

[TABLE=class: grid]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 155]Name [/TD]

[TD=width: 51]Apps [/TD]

[TD=width: 51]Gls [/TD]

[TD=width: 51]Ast [/TD]

[TD=width: 51]MoM [/TD]

[TD=width: 51]Yel [/TD]

[TD=width: 51]Red [/TD]

[TD=width: 58]Av Rat[/TD]

[TD=width: 253]Comment[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Maycon [/TD]

[TD]31 (2) [/TD]

[TD]7 [/TD]

[TD]5 [/TD]

[TD]3 [/TD]

[TD]5 [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]6.85[/TD]

[TD]I'm expecting much more. Too few good matches, too many bad ones.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Vyacheslav Sharpar [/TD]

[TD]29 (1) [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]1 [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]2

[/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]6.86[/TD]

[TD]Nothing fancy. Just tackling all over the place.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Zdenek Masa [/TD]

[TD]27 (1) [/TD]

[TD]7 [/TD]

[TD]6 [/TD]

[TD]5 [/TD]

[TD]3 [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]7.11[/TD]

[TD]Player of the season by far, he's been excellent. Czech clubs are sniffing around.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Ladislav Majoros [/TD]

[TD]27 (1) [/TD]

[TD]1 [/TD]

[TD]1 [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]7 [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]6.77[/TD]

[TD]Another OK season, he can play better – but he was forced to play in DL a lot of times[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Ferenc Gazsi [/TD]

[TD]27 [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]1 [/TD]

[TD]1 [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]6.81[/TD]

[TD]Solid as ever, no standout good or bad matches[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Alexandru Balaban [/TD]

[TD]26 [/TD]

[TD]5 [/TD]

[TD]3 [/TD]

[TD]1 [/TD]

[TD]2 [/TD]

[TD]1 [/TD]

[TD]7.05[/TD]

[TD]I'm actually surprised of his season average, as he's been very average after the great early form. Rumour is Rapid Bucuresti are willing to fork out 600K on him[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Peter Kitas [/TD]

[TD]24 (2) [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]1 [/TD]

[TD]1 [/TD]

[TD]4 [/TD]

[TD]1 [/TD]

[TD]6.87[/TD]

[TD]Solid season from the captain, no scoring this time, which is rather unusual[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Igor Chuchman [/TD]

[TD]23 (3) [/TD]

[TD]4 [/TD]

[TD]1 [/TD]

[TD]1 [/TD]

[TD]2 [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]6.77[/TD]

[TD]Ups and downs – scoring 4 is great, but he's been a liability in quite some games.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Richard Bartos [/TD]

[TD]23 (1) [/TD]

[TD]1 [/TD]

[TD]3 [/TD]

[TD]1 [/TD]

[TD]6 [/TD]

[TD]1 [/TD]

[TD]6.82[/TD]

[TD]With no challenger nearby, he's monopolising the DR position. Does quite well.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Pavol Urban [/TD]

[TD]22 (4) [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]1 [/TD]

[TD]3 [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]6.89[/TD]

[TD]The young left back had a good debut season for us, but he's so far ineffective in attacking.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Kevin Bakari [/TD]

[TD]16 [/TD]

[TD]4 [/TD]

[TD]6 [/TD]

[TD]2 [/TD]

[TD]1 [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]7.18[/TD]

[TD]Bakari is clearly our best player but with 3-4 injuries/year he won't make it very far. When healthy he's excellent[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Vladimir Guba [/TD]

[TD]14 (10) [/TD]

[TD]6 [/TD]

[TD]2 [/TD]

[TD]3 [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]6.82[/TD]

[TD]Some good games, some bad, some improvement – he needs to be sharper in front of the goal[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Dario Smitran [/TD]

[TD]10 (8) [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]1 [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]1 [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]6.77[/TD]

[TD]He came as a backup, will stay as a backup. Useful.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Marek Babic [/TD]

[TD]10 (1) [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]2 [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]6.69[/TD]

[TD]Same as Smitran. Useful backup, no more.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Ziga Mrevlje [/TD]

[TD]9 (11) [/TD]

[TD]2 [/TD]

[TD]2 [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]2 [/TD]

[TD]1 [/TD]

[TD]6.65[/TD]

[TD]Somewhat of a disappointment, Masa easily took his place at right winger and Balaban is a much better playmaker, so he's in trouble.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Nambala Bagayoko [/TD]

[TD]8 (10) [/TD]

[TD]5 [/TD]

[TD]2 [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]2 [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]6.82[/TD]

[TD]He's showing signs of good improvement and either I'll cash in on him or he'll be first choice next season.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Ivan Vasilj [/TD]

[TD]8 (8) [/TD]

[TD]1 [/TD]

[TD]3 [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]1 [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]6.78[/TD]

[TD]He's OK but we'll need a better left winger. Useful backup though.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Karol Pavelka [/TD]

[TD]8 (3) [/TD]

[TD]3 [/TD]

[TD]1 [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]6.70[/TD]

[TD]He started brightly after he sat out all autumn with injury, but that was that, he seems to be past it, and will leave on a Bosman.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Jozef Lukac [/TD]

[TD]8 (2) [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]1 [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]2 [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]6.70[/TD]

[TD]OK backup, but he can't challenge Majoros, Chuchman or Kitas for a starting spot[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Jozef Pavlik [/TD]

[TD]7 (6) [/TD]

[TD]1 [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]6.68[/TD]

[TD]He still needs more playing time to improve but I'm not sure I can give it to him. We'll see, he's a candidate for loan.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Matej Urban [/TD]

[TD]7 [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]6.47[/TD]

[TD]I can't get this guy. He has better attributes than Gazsi but performs sub-par. Time to cash in?[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Miroslav Poliacek [/TD]

[TD]4 (6) [/TD]

[TD]1 [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]6.58[/TD]

[TD]Out on a Bosman, as he's past it.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Peter Babic [/TD]

[TD]3 (8) [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]1 [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]1 [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]6.69[/TD]

[TD]If Pavlik won't leave on a loan, he might as he also needs more playing time.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Krzysztof Maciaszek

[/TD]

[TD]1 (4) [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]6.63[/TD]

[TD]He whines about more playing time but he's not good enough – out on a Bosman[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Zsolt Horvat [/TD]

[TD]1 (3) [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]1 [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]6.40[/TD]

[TD]Let's see next season, he had very little time to prove himself.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Robert Stano [/TD]

[TD]1 (1) [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]1 [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]6.70[/TD]

[TD]Only played out of necessity[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]David Böhm [/TD]

[TD]0 (3) [/TD]

[TD]1 [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]0 [/TD]

[TD]7.00[/TD]

[TD]Some flashes of talent and he'll be pushing for a first squad place next year.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Ivan Zrubec [/TD]

[TD]- [/TD]

[TD]- [/TD]

[TD]- [/TD]

[TD]- [/TD]

[TD]- [/TD]

[TD]- [/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]Poor guy never got a game. Out on a Bosman, he's old and not very good.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

We could have been easily 4th if not for our home record: last season's 10-5-2 went down to 8-1-8 which is quite horrible (35 vs 25 pts). Away form was up 10 pts, so we copied last season: 6th position and 46 points.

SEASON 2016-17, Corgon Liga

Media prediction: 8th

Board expectations: midtable

My expectations: midtable, bettering our points total from last year

OFF-SEASON

A ton of useless players left from the U19s, the aging players (Pavelka, Zrubec, Poliacek) and those who didn't cut it (Cernak, Maciaszek) left on Bosmans. In came four.

We forked out 95K on Cameroonian youth international Patrick Simo, but boy, does he look good on this level!

simok.jpg

Another 55K went for the best player of the third tier, Bohumil Ilko. He came from Bardejov. Attribute-wise he's nothing fancy, but last season he averaged 7.89, scored seven goals and gave four assists, while getting 15 MoM titles. He might be a flop but his averages are very good from earlier seasons, too - looks like the kind of player who's not rated very highly but constantly overachieves.

ilko.jpg

The Czech Republic is a breeding ground for good youngsters, and that's exactly what Patrik Kana looks like. A good box-to-box midfielder, especially for a Bosman transfer.

kanaf.jpg

Another freebie, from Serbia: Dejan Milicevic came through the academy of Vojvodina but never made it to the first team. He adds more creativity to the side and will probably replace Balaban - the Romanian playmaker is scouted by some clubs and rumours are teams are willing to pay 750K for him. No offers as of yet, though.

milicevich.jpg

We recieved a 600K + 40% offer for Majoros, whom I want to keep at the club at all costs. The chairman would have sold him over my head for Dunajska Streda, but he declined the contract. Right after that he signed an extension with us \o/

SEASON 2016-17

Senec (A) 3-0: Just as last season we started the league in Senec. But this time instead of a draw we recorded a very good win: they had a midfielder sent off in the 6th minute after a brutal challenge on Kana. We had the ball but not the edge, until the substitutions: Guba took the lead for us, while Milicevic offered a goal after his assist to make it 2-0. A starter, Maycon made it three from a counter just before the end.

Welcome to the Slovak leagues. Even the big clubs like Slovan and Spartak have crappy facilities and crumbling stadiums :D

Think Zilina's pretty much the only club in that situation but their newer stadium is countered by their lack of fans and therefore income

What are you goals? You gonna stay at Trebisov 'til you win the title? Or are you looking to move abroad or to a bigger Slovak club?

Welcome to the Slovak leagues. Even the big clubs like Slovan and Spartak have crappy facilities and crumbling stadiums :D

Think Zilina's pretty much the only club in that situation but their newer stadium is countered by their lack of fans and therefore income

What are you goals? You gonna stay at Trebisov 'til you win the title? Or are you looking to move abroad or to a bigger Slovak club?

I don't think I'd move to a bigger Slovak club. Either I'll be staying (but board needs to turn the team pro in 2-3 years for that) or jumping ship to a different country, preferably Hungary, Austria or Czech Rep. If the managerial position empties at a Hungarian club I like or I see a good challenge in them, I'll be probably taking it.

I don't think I'd move to a bigger Slovak club. Either I'll be staying (but board needs to turn the team pro in 2-3 years for that) or jumping ship to a different country, preferably Hungary, Austria or Czech Rep. If the managerial position empties at a Hungarian club I like or I see a good challenge in them, I'll be probably taking it.

You ever played in Hungary before? I considered starting a game as Ferencvaros and trying to take them back to the dominant position they belong in but haven't got round to it yet. It always seems as though Hungarian clubs seem to have the worst finances and budgets of any from that region on the game although I can't confirm it. Could be a decent challenge. You could always take over DAC who are basically the Hungarian nationalist club in Slovakia ;)

You ever played in Hungary before? I considered starting a game as Ferencvaros and trying to take them back to the dominant position they belong in but haven't got round to it yet. It always seems as though Hungarian clubs seem to have the worst finances and budgets of any from that region on the game although I can't confirm it. Could be a decent challenge. You could always take over DAC who are basically the Hungarian nationalist club in Slovakia ;)

Yes, DAC would be the only place to leave - but then everyone will get fired from there who doesn't speak Hungarian :D

I only had test runs in Hungary when I was researching data - being a Hungarian I know too well the scene. But when the scene changes and most of the current players "run out", I'm willing to give it a go.

But I'd never manage Ferencváros ;)

Archived