The way FM 'counts' injuries to your squad

Every time when I have three players in my squad for one position, one of those three is injured. There is no way that all three would stay not injured for even 1-2 months.

If I have just two players in rotation in for that position I can have whole season with no injuries. At least no long injuries.

And of course more players you have more injuries your squad is likely to get. But injuries hits just those position that have three players.

It get worse if you have versatile players. The game will 'count' that you have three players for many different positions and injury crisis is reality.

This have been the case with FM for many years now.

I never buy players that are prone to injury. I dont train them too hard. No hard tackling. Best backroom staff possible.

The way FM counts injuries to your team is frusrating. I cant buy versatile players and there is no benefits to have large squad. :thdn:

If you dont belive me, just go out there and buy that third one and see what happens. :lol:

Fm does not base injuries on the number of players you have in a certain position or because of the versatility. The theories some people can come up with are brilliant.

That's what SI says. This theory is based on my own observations. FM05 --> FM12 I dont even want to think how mutch time I have wasted to this game.

• 3 months later...

I'm so fed up!

I CAN PROVE MY THEORY.

Question is what kind of evidence do you want and need that you will belive me?

I have been trying to think that injuries dont work that way and bla bla. But these injuries keeps happening, almost only positions that I have 3 players for. These are long injuries. Latest one; my third AMR came back from leave of absense and bang my best AMR is 4 months out. That was enough! I cant pretend anymore, I have years of experience about this issue. I want you to realise/see it too so we could do something about it. I know that guys from SI keep saying that it doesnt work that way but I'm thinking that maybe they dont even know that code does this.

So tell me what you need to belive me?

I'm so fed up!

I CAN PROVE MY THEORY.

I have been trying to think that injuries dont work that way and bla bla. But these injuries keeps happening, almost only positions that I have 3 players for. These are long injuries. Latest one; my third AMR came back from leave of absense and bang my best AMR is 4 months out. That was enough! I cant pretend anymore, I have years of experience about this issue. I want you to realise/see it too so we could do something about it. I know that guys from SI keep saying that it doesnt work that way but I'm thinking that maybe they dont even know that code does this.

A lot of alcohol.

Following your logic wouldn't teams always have injuries to the goalkeepers?

I was about to use this example. I'm sure I've had spells of 5 straight seasons, or possibly more, of never having an injury to any of my goalkeepers.

Also the whole premise of this argument is confusing. If you have three players for one position, but one of those is always injured, then what's the problem? You have two others who are fit. Surely it'd better to have one of three players for each position injured simultaneously than have all three players of one single position injured at the one time. Injuries are part of the game, get used to it. A lot of people who use these forums are obsessed with things like 5 star coaches, and they all share training schedules, which are often very intensive. If you put your entire squad on intensive training, don't be surprised with the injuries rack up.

Also, if you compile a very good team, don't be surprised when the opposition go in on your star players hard. This is also a contributory factor to injuries. Just look at how many injuries during games Arsenal cop. If you have lots of good players and play a possession based game, don't be surprised when the injuries follow.

Following your logic wouldn't teams always have injuries to the goalkeepers?

First of all goalkeeper injuries are very rare in any case, unless they are prone to injuries. Sometimes I have three goalkeepers in my club but not in same squad. One of those three must be so young that he can play in under 19s or I loan one out.

You can also put all three in same squad but you must tick one available for reserve/under19. This is the only way to get around this issue.

i never make any of my players available for reserve/under19s and i have no problems.

i know i've already replied to this thread, but going through my current team:

3 keepers: Reina,Doni,Jones

3 left wingers: Downing, El Ganassy, Hoillet

3 strikers: Carroll,Suarez,Kuyt (i only play 1 up front)

3 right backs: Johnson,Kelly,Flanagan

very few injuries.

I'm so fed up!

I CAN PROVE MY THEORY.

Firstly, it isn't a theory, it is a hypothesis. Lamarckian Evolution is a hypothesis, Darwinian evolution is a theory.

In order to believe you, I would need a large number of people, playing as a large number of clubs with a variety of players, to show that this happens a significant amount of the time. They would need to document every single injury that happens to their club over a period of several seasons and note the whether or not the injury happened to a player who plays in a position where another player has just recovered from injury, and the number of senior players who can play in that position. There would need to be a sensible control training intensity, with special attention paid to the intensity of physical training.

Injury stats from all your saves from FM2005 - FM2012. If you want me to believe it happens "every time" and "for many years", then that's what you have to do. My own observations are that I rarely get injuries and always keep at least 3 players on my books for each position that I'd be happy to play in the first team if need be.

A few points.

About 80% of my injuries happen in during match.

99,99% of "three player" injuries happen during match.

I keep training sensible. I dont buy injury prone players or players with low physical attributes.

That doesn't change what you need to do to prove it. It seems too hard to ask for controls on player condition, when substitutes are made, and so forth.

i've never really considered that FM will "injure" my players due to the amount I have in that position or any other bizarre reasons. Most of the time, the injuries occur due to me not rotating the team and overplaying certain players, or because I rush a player back into the team after recovering from injury

I've got to say i've noticed this to a degree i have a save that stretched to 2045 and in a bigger squad i seemed to pick up a few more injuries in the same position but it can just be more players = more injuries. but i also have gone seasons where i've had 8 dm/cm and only lost 1 or 2 long term so i think it's got a degree of being unlucky and not coded into the game

Firstly, it isn't a theory, it is a hypothesis. Lamarckian Evolution is a hypothesis, Darwinian evolution is a theory.

In order to believe you, I would need a large number of people, playing as a large number of clubs with a variety of players, to show that this happens a significant amount of the time. They would need to document every single injury that happens to their club over a period of several seasons and note the whether or not the injury happened to a player who plays in a position where another player has just recovered from injury, and the number of senior players who can play in that position. There would need to be a sensible control training intensity, with special attention paid to the intensity of physical training.

This sounds dangerously like science.

I'm gonna say that this is a coincidence.

My players have tough training schedules, they are told to tackle tough, and their injuries are sporadic at best.

Archived