Brobs17 Updated FM12 4-3-3 Patch 12.1.1 V2

Hello guys, this is an update to my orginal 12.1.1 tactic because this fairs much better as is pretty much as close as the ultimate tactic that I can get for this patch. USE THIS ONE NOT MY PREVIOUS 12.1.1 Tactic. Sorry for making a new thread but the difference in the manner of results needs it.

It is pretty damn incredible once again, its been tried and tested with Thurrock (predicted bottom of the blue square south), Burnley (predicted mid table of the championship) And Wigan (relegation candidates in the premier league) and Southampton. After a season completed with Thurrock and Burnley I won both leagues with no signings. This is an incredible achievement for Thurrock because they are the worst team in the game and are currently bottom of their league in real life. I absolutely destroyed the league winning by about 17 points and having the best attack and defense in the league. Burnley I confortably won the league likewise with Southampton. With Wigan I only played 12 games or so to really give it a test and it worked really well. Beat alot of big clubs and currently joint second and a point behind city. (INCREDIBLE for wigan). I have put screenshots of the more impressive results that this can produce.

The Tactic is again on how I think Football should be played. Football is not about short passing but about selecting the right pass whether long or short - its about having a Plan B if Plan A is not working. The only way way that this tactic may slip up on is if the game cheats you out of a win and with the AI keeper having the game of this life which is pretty damn frustrating.

The Tactic is based on zonal positioning so the team know there jobs and positioning before a ball has even been kicked rather than basing marking on how the opposition set up and altering the positioning of the team depending on how AI plays i.e different opposing formations.

I also want to make a point of playing players who are fresher and have a better condition if possible. AI really takes the condition of players into account and the better the condition of the players the better they will perform. Try to have a squad of atleast 25 squad players who are all good enough to fill into the first team. And rest your better players if you have a big game coming up etc.

So down to the tactic:

It is a 4-1-2-3 formation (my specialty)

(make sure these settings/rules are followed):

PLEASE PLUG IN THIS TACTIC AT THE VERY START OF THE GAME OR IN PRE-SEASON IF YOU ARE IN YOUR SECOND SEASON.

Pitch Size: Minimum

Plug and Play tactic (classic)

NO Opposition Instructions

Team talks to assistant manager

No match shouts as it is a Classic Tactic.

Match preparation

Work Load: Average

Additional Area Focus: Defensive Positioning

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player requirements:

GK: Jumping, Reflexes, One on Ones and Rushing out

CBs Jumping, heading,stamina, tackling and marking

FBs Positioning Tackling Pace Heading Marking Team Work Workrate

DMC Passing, tackling, marking, stamina.

CMS Pass and technique and workrate

For 3 Strikers Pace,dribbling,technique, acceleration,off the ball and finishing.

PLUG AND PLAY TACTIC. Do not tinker with the tactic

Set-piece are set up in the tactic.

Give it 7-8 games to settle in and do not tinker with the tactic or put OI's on. Although it should be working quicker than this if you have plugged it in at pre-season. Please plug and play this and do not let the computer simulate results.

On team instructions I have ticked counter attack, use target man and use playmaker. It gets the ball up to the strikers more quicker by enabling this in the team instructions. There is no specific playmaker/target man so do NOT drag players into the 'playermaker' or 'target man' option.

If my team goes down to 10 men = Take a central midfielder off... its vital to keep 3 strikers in this tactic, due to the special marking upfront.

Let me know what you think of it, any enjoy the tactic especially those of you who prefer to manage smaller clubs! I'm certain you will enjoy it, have fun. (Tactic is at the bottom of the post)

Here is some proof of the tactic works:

<script src='http://img813.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=southamptonvastonvillas.png&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript>southamptonvastonvillas.png</noscript>

<script src='http://imageshack.us/shareable/?i=bluesquarebetsouthoverv.png&s=837' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript>bluesquarebetsouthoverv.png</noscript>

<script src='http://imageshack.us/shareable/?i=evertonvsouthamptonstat.png&s=706' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript>evertonvsouthamptonstat.png</noscript>

<script src='http://imageshack.us/shareable/?i=sunderlandvsouthamptoni.png&s=820' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript>sunderlandvsouthamptoni.png</noscript>

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/217/burnleyvtottenhamstatsm.png/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/853/burnleyvmanutdstatsmatc.png/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/141/englishpremierdivisionoa.png/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/820/thurrockoverviewteampol.png/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/851/burnleyvstokestatsplaye.png/

Tactic Link: http://www.gamefront.com/files/21257938/Brobs17+4-3-3+12.1.1+V2+%28Thurrock%2C+Sep+2013%29.tac

And if you have TWITTER FOLLOW ME:

https://twitter.com/#!/Brobs17

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers Brobs - have downloaded and will try it out later - what changes did you make between this one and the V1 version? And does it have poor conditioning at the end of matches like Hough's latest tactic? (Although his latest is a great tactic still!).

My best result yet with this tactic.

Bolton 12th in the Premier league vs Thurrock In league 2 now.

Fa cup third round

<script src='http://img28.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=boltonvthurrockinformat.png&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript>boltonvthurrockinformat.png</noscript>

Played 3 matches Brobs - won all 3 - am near the end of the season so it's even more remarkable seeing as I changed to it and have still kept winning - beat Man Utd in FA cup semi 2-1 - great result as they are running away with the league by about 15 points - dominated them with 19 chances to their 6 - players aren't getting knackered like on Hough's latest as well so don't have to worry about keeping them fit for 2 games a week.

Looks very impressive so far!

Thanks for the great feedback and great to hear your doing well. :-). Yep I Don't think I can do better than this tactic on this patch. I'm currently dominating the FA cup with an awful Thurrock squad.

Love it!

it's good mate what about team talks???

Jazeker :p Ik speel nu met ARC zelfs, haha :D

@Brobs: awesome tactic. Dominating the Topklasse (third league) with an poor squad. Amazing.

haha okey dan had x testje gedaan met harkemase boys haha was ook wel leuk zitten nu in de eredivisie bij mij zit nu zelf bij man city wou terug naar mijn clubbie ajax maar na vandaag ff geen zin in haha

kom jij wellus op fm united???? er zijn hier echt wel veel nederlanders op het forum

Jazeker :p Ik speel nu met ARC zelfs, haha :D

@Brobs: awesome tactic. Dominating the Topklasse (third league) with an poor squad. Amazing.

I know its great, i'm glad your having fun with it!! I feel like I'm cheating a bit using it Haha

Will give this a go with Arsenal when I get home;

Szczesny

Sagna

Koscielny

Vermaelen

Gibbs

Song

Ramsey

Arteta (until Wilshere is back)

Walcott

van Persie

Gervinho/Arshavin

Won't make any signings other than young prospects, may also give it a try at a club in the low leagues.

Will post results/feedback when I'm halfway through the season :thup:

Brobs17...........as you know i had great success with your FM10 tactic........i have been using Mr Hough rolls back the years with Chelsea.........but got bored with the save, so going to start with Wigan and use you tactic.........will come back when there is something to report.......

brobs-i have weiss,de bruyne and gylfi sigurdsson as attacking midfielders with great passing and technique but fairly low work rate could i play them in midfield or possibly upfront as it looks like you play lallana there.cheers

Yeah I personally play attacking wingers upfront. However I would normally sell these type players and generate transfer funds. Having said that Lallana was a real gem upfront and I eventually sold him for 30mil. Couldn't reject that.

Think this is the best tactic i've ever made on FM, even better than my V3 last year.

wow wow wow wow

Playwith a very very poor team from holland Almere City FC (second division) media prediction 16th (18)

With V2 just finished 1ST !!!!!!!!!!!

With two games left.

See how it goes in the Eredivisie.

Thank you very much

(beat PSV in the cup first round with 2-1)

I've found that the tactic works very well. Except if playing a stronger team who press hard and/or your playmaker is being tightly marked. If this happens, I found unticking the playmaker box helps somewhat. Also removing the DMC's forward runs in this situation , gives the midfield more options when going forward.

It can be exposed to a quick long ball counter, but quick defenders help with this.

I'm using an ordinary team, Vizela in Portugal. We have had success over the years (now in 2016/17) and achieved promotion to the Premier League, but we are very average team in the league. Was using Hough's tactics, but the midfield and full backs were exhausted and jaded by January/ February . Using this tactic, I'm in with a chance of a European place for next year, currently 5th with 4 games to go. But have to play both Porto and Sporting yet. Although I had beaten Benfica 2-0 when using this tactic, so, I quietly confident.

How does unticking playmaker box help when you're not using a playmaker per se? I mean you don't drag anyone to the box, does it really make a difference?

Because the playmaker box is ticked, for some reason the play is much more open without it ticked. The only thing I can think of, is that play is through the middle and the 2 MC's are getting the ball more frequently than most. As I said, when playing hard pressing opposition, they are very often getting caught in possession and losing the ball. Combine it the DMC often moving forward, the defense is exposed quickly.

With the box unticked, the play tends to get spread more to the FBs, then back to MC's. Or forward to wide ST who are cutting inside. I'm not sure why this happens, but I certainly noticed the change in playing style. I tend to watch the entire match for a new tactic, for at least 10 to 12 games. I have noticed the change after I altered it, perhaps after 3 or 4 games.

Just my observations within my game. Perhaps I have poor MC's ?

Because the playmaker box is ticked, for some reason the play is much more open without it ticked. The only thing I can think of, is that play is through the middle and the 2 MC's are getting the ball more frequently than most. As I said, when playing hard pressing opposition, they are very often getting caught in possession and losing the ball. Combine it the DMC often moving forward, the defense is exposed quickly.

With the box unticked, the play tends to get spread more to the FBs, then back to MC's. Or forward to wide ST who are cutting inside. I'm not sure why this happens, but I certainly noticed the change in playing style. I tend to watch the entire match for a new tactic, for at least 10 to 12 games. I have noticed the change after I altered it, perhaps after 3 or 4 games.

Just my observations within my game. Perhaps I have poor MC's ?

In previous versions I believe that the AI chose the player it thought should be the Playmaker if one was not in the list. So therefore one of your MCs is probably being selected. The same goes for the Target Man. It may be that when Brobs uses the tactic one of the 3 strikers (who are AML/STC or AMR/STC) are the more creative and so being selected as Playmakers by the AI.

If playermaker is selected and a player is not dropped into the box the team will attempt to find the most creative player (via creative freedom) in the team as quick as possible. In my tactic the most creative players are the 3 strikers (all 3 have the same amount of creative freedom) hence why it works so well.

If playermaker is selected and a player is not dropped into the box the team will attempt to find the most creative player (via creative freedom) in the team as quick as possible. In my tactic the most creative players are the 3 strikers (all 3 have the same amount of creative freedom) hence why it works so well.

Therefore, if the tactic is not working for someone, they should look for the most creative of their outside strikers and add them to the list of playmakers. It may also help to add the central striker as a target man.

Therefore, if the tactic is not working for someone, they should look for the most creative of their outside strikers and add them to the list of playmakers. It may also help to add the central striker as a target man.

I wouldn't suggest that as I tend to make tactics that are hassle free and easy to use plus I haven't tried that!

And thanks Miranda, this tactic is literally ridiculous, will make any team perform at a high level

Thanks for this tactic, it is working a treat for me. I unticked the playmaker and took away the DMs forward arrow and i am finding it better. I haven't played with it a lot but from what I have seen so far, it feels like the best I have used since the 12.1 patch.

Thanks for this tactic, it is working a treat for me. I unticked the playmaker and took away the DMs forward arrow and i am finding it better. I haven't played with it a lot but from what I have seen so far, it feels like the best I have used since the 12.1 patch.

sorry can you explain better your second tweaks please ?

sorry can you explain better your second tweaks please ?

Hmm not sure how to say it differently, you know the the deepest midfielder with the arrow going forward ? Called a defensive midfielder or anchor man ? Well i followed the poster aboves idea and removed the arrow going forward.

Won league with sporting :) 7 pts clear of benfica and 10 pts off porto

lost portuguese cup final vs porto 1-0

and won league cup vs national da madeira 3-0

out of europa league 1st knockout round vs man city 2-1 away won 0-3 lost home

not too bad ;)

bought and sold no players...

Managing Sporting CP, on the first season, I've moved the side strikers to the wingers position cause I had only two good strikers and the other forwards were much more like wingers and not strikers. Matias Fernandez was particularly awesome on the left.

It wasn't bad. I've won all the the trophies.

Now on the second I switched to your main tactic and it improved a lot despite of the new and better players.

Just used it managing Spain at the Olympics and totally outclassed Brasil in the second half - they had a lot much better team than mine. Used it too at the European Supercup against Barcelona and the same outcome...

For me it's particulary good at the second half, scoring about 60% of all goals.

So... Great job! Just loving it like last year's tactic.

Playing with Man Utd it seems that version 1 works alot better than this one. Haven't tried any additional tweaks though... Anyone else had the same experience??

does your v1 seems to score more? STC is set to near pot for v1 & 2 while Brobs17 4-1-2-3 12.1 has the DC is set to near post at corners

Managing Sporting CP, on the first season, I've moved the side strikers to the wingers position cause I had only two good strikers and the other forwards were much more like wingers and not strikers. Matias Fernandez was particularly awesome on the left.

It wasn't bad. I've won all the the trophies.

Now on the second I switched to your main tactic and it improved a lot despite of the new and better players.

Just used it managing Spain at the Olympics and totally outclassed Brasil in the second half - they had a lot much better team than mine. Used it too at the European Supercup against Barcelona and the same outcome...

For me it's particulary good at the second half, scoring about 60% of all goals.

So... Great job! Just loving it like last year's tactic.

if you play with wingers, how big is your pitch size?

Archived