Olympique De Marseille - Droit Au But

Saint_Lane

Season 3

We won the league again, reasonably convincingly in the end. We got off to a shocking start and were sitting 11th after 5 games. Poor finishing and drawing a couple of the better teams were to blame. Lots of the start players complained about our league position, but I told them to take a chill pill and all would be well.

We got knocked out of the cups before the quarters. The second string guys played ok, but were unlucky to lose.

The champions league was a disater again. Once again we got Barcelona in our group, making it 3 times in 3 seasons. We got Olimpiakos and Fenerbache, which in real life would be a nightmare as they are tough places for the away fixtures. We got through but draw Bayern Munich in the knockout round. We went out 1-0 on aggregate so I was happy overall but would love to get past that fixture eventually. Somehow Glasgow Rangers went on a mission and cleaned up the likes of Barcelona and Arsenal to make the final losing 4-3 to Man Utd.

Ligue1Overview_Stages-3.jpg

International Offers

I was offered to Australia job before the season began. Despite knowing the team well as I reside there I turned it down.

Part way into the season I was offered the France job, which I took! I only had one game against Germany which I lost 2-1. I haven't done any International jobs in FM for years so this was a nice change.

Transfers

In:

Konoplyanka (Dnipro) 13mill

Corchia (Sochaux) 15mill

Bassong (Tottenham) 7mill

Kagawa (Dortmund) Free

A few more regens signed.

Konoplyanka was going to play as a left winger in my new wider formation, but things didnt work out so he backed up Remy and played pretty awesome. I knew him from my Dnipro save and like him IRL. Bassong was a monster and my best player depite mainly covering the LB position when Morel went down a few times. Corchia played OK covering the RB position. Kagawa did well covering Ben Arfa and boosting shirt sales abroad!

Out

Saliou Ciss 2.5mill

Shaquiri 15mill

De Bruyne Loan to Blackburn

Various no names released.

The Shaquiri offer came out of the blue and I wasnt sold on my new wide strategy so I went back to my usual 5 man midfield and never looked back!

No goal of the season award this year :(

• 1 month later...

Great thread, so glad someone had already decided to make one.

Just got a new computer, so was looking for a new team to start off with as i was getting bored of playing as Arsenal in every version of the game.

As an Arsenal fan i keep an eye on the french league anyway seems as our players always come from there and generally want to keep track of the up and coming french players.

Decided to join OM as i had always been a fan of Remy and A.Ayew so thought there probably going to be my best bet on building a side around.

Was abit dissappointed at first when i established that i was going to receive no money to spend at all, and a small wage budget.

I signed Mahamadou Diarra as back up for Alou Diarra, and Guti as a Flag ship player who would come into the side when playing lesser opposition to rest

a few players.

10 games into the league and im sitting top having won 6 drew 3 lost 1, Second in my group for champions league in which i drew Man Utd, Fc Copenhagen and Dinamo..I expect to finish 2nd after beating Copenhagen 5-2 away from home, but losing to Utd 2-0 away from home.

Im really struggling to find someone to put the ball in the net though, i have alternated between, Brandao (Target Man), J Ayew (Poacher/Complete Striker)

and Remy (Complete striker)...Ayew has done well scoring on the odd occasion Remy just bagged 2 against Copenhagen.

My current targets are

Capoue, M'vila, Moussa Sow

I aim to bring Koscielny back to France in the future years as hes one of my favourite players, and maybe some of the other french players now playing in other countries.

I have really enjoyed playing as OM, so i anyone is looking for a new game i defo recommend OM.

I am still going to post in here in the hope someone may find it interesting enough to start a game with Marseille.

Into the final of the cup beat PSG , Loic Remy hat trick...won 3-0.

I am now 24 games into the season, currently sitting top by 6 points.

Screenshot2012-08-01at073012.png

Athletico Madrid came in to buy my right winger Morgan Amalfitano offering 5m over 24 months and 3m up front, I declined and they ended interest, i then though umm

I'll offer to clubs for 11m outright and see if anyone wants him, Athletico came back with a bid of 10.5m straight, Although he had scored 7 in 20 games, he wasnt my first choice, as i see Remy as my first choice right winger when i can afford a decent striker. SOLD

Not wanting to spend the money to fast i decided to get in Alex Oxlade Chamberlain in on loan, Sandro (Tottenham) and Couqilan on Loan to as back up as the games will now come thick and fast with still being in the champions league.

I then decided to see what strikers i could get using the rest of my money which was not at 11m after adjusting wage budet to get in Oxlade etc.

I offered for 3 players, Nicolas Gaitan 6m, Daimao 10m upfront 5m over 24 months, Moussa Sow 9m rejected.

Gaitan, Daimao offers accepted, Contracts accepted, but i decided to delay as i was not convinced both would change my team to much.

31st january was soon round and I was then checking on my players away at African nations and stumbeled across the awesome Seydou Doumbia, 11m up front, 5m over 30 months, offer accepted on behalf of the board, 50k a week offered accpeted, signed !! done deal...Massive coup for a smallish club like Marseille imo

Screenshot2012-08-01at072551-1.png

Well last night went alot better than planned in terms of my awesome OM side.

Contiuning my run in the league of 25 games unbeaten, Mandanda hadnt let in a goal for 800ish minutes, In 28 games i had conceded a mere 9 goals.

Until i was 4-0 up against Fc Dijon...They decided to go and ruin my run of not conceding in the 83 ****ing minute, so 29 games 10 goals conceded.

I eventually have a Seydou Doumbia scoring goals, after 5 games the press started getting on his back for not scoring in so many hours of football, in the league he hasnt stopped since a least a goal a game since those 5 games, i am now a whopping 12 points clear after a 1-0 win against nice who were sitting second.

Played Inter in the knockout stages of Champions League, 0-0 at Stade Veldrome i was happy with, but knew i was going to concede at San Siro...i dint 0-0 drew going to penalties were 5 of 6 players scored to win the game..then to might delight i managed to miss playing Real, Barca, Man Utd and drew Valencia in the quarters, Ac Milan in the Semi's.

Went to Valencias stadium and came back with a Massive 0-1 win..N'koulou bagging a late header, then return fixture was a week away at Stade Velodrome, Valencia came straight at me, Robert Soladado scoring within 10 minutes, Seydou Doumbia then went and scored after around 35 minutes to go into half time 1-1, 60 minutes comes and game is now a stalemate, until i release Andre Ayew and Loic Remy from the bench who were recovering from injury, Ayew scores with his first touch, and then sets up remy 5 minutes later...Semi Finals here we come !! 4-1 win over agg.

Ac Milan at the San Siro are next, a place i've been before and know i can get a result..its either going to be Utd, Madrid or Barca waiting for me in the final.....hopefully.

Never before enjoyed a game like this, because when i play as Arsenal im expected to win the league and champions league, Expectations were 3rd for my lowly OM side.

@Ben_reeson

don't know if it is because that your English and don't watch football from outside the EPL, but Marseille is a massive club, so all this smallish club and lowly OM side is a bit out of touch with reality. They may not have won the French title back to back for years, but they are a much bigger side in France than Arsenal are in England

But good to see that you are enjoying your game :D

@Ben_reeson

don't know if it is because that your English and don't watch football from outside the EPL, but Marseille is a massive club, so all this smallish club and lowly OM side is a bit out of touch with reality. They may not have won the French title back to back for years, but they are a much bigger side in France than Arsenal are in England

But good to see that you are enjoying your game :D

I know there Massive in France and i do watch the french league, but when you initially start the game no one is interested in joining you which is why i was so happy to get Doumbia..Im just going from media predictions based on my 3rd place expectations...Didnt mean to offend anyone by saying lowly OM side..I get to into the game and tend to forget it is just a game...

Its not very often you see a french team in the Semi Finals of the Champions League, In Real life or FM, Obviously being run from the Computer so class them as a mid european club.

Just played my Semi Final VS Milan, Went to the San Siro first and came away losing, 2-1 after holding out till the second half i was finally torn open and went 2-0.

Cheyrou smashed in a 30 yarder before Mexes was sent off.

We then came back to Stade Velodrome and i thought my best chance of a win is to really take the game to AC, it took till the second half when Cheyrou smashed in yet another 20-30 yarder..from then on it was a breeze Seydou Doumbia scored in the 74 minute, and Ayew wrapped it up in the 92 minute, 3-0 win just what we needed.

I also beat Nice in the Coupe De la Ligue 1-0.

Barcelona in the final of the Champions league after beating Man u 5-1 on Agg.

11 points clear at the top of the league with a game in hand, 6 games left...Should wrap it up soon but drew the last two games.

Just finished my first season with Marseille and i loved it! I get more in the game especially as i'm staying near there for a month and currently there now!

One question which is bugging me, has anyone got rid of gignac? no-one wants him even on a free and the board block him from leaving with compensation. i really want him to get rid for wage purposes only. anyone get any tips? thanks.

Just finished my first season with Marseille and i loved it! I get more in the game especially as i'm staying near there for a month and currently there now!

One question which is bugging me, has anyone got rid of gignac? no-one wants him even on a free and the board block him from leaving with compensation. i really want him to get rid for wage purposes only. anyone get any tips? thanks.

I've had the same problem, Hes stuck in my reserves at the minute, Managed to shift Brandao though which was a positive.

How did you get on in your first season ?

Screenshot2012-08-03at232008.png

Massive achievement, So chuffed...Now considering whether i can actually take them any further after winning the league, coupe de la ligue and champions league !!

Just finished my second season, and as you I faced Barca in the CL final, one man down after 38 minutes I thought that I had lost the final, but the team pulled together and took a 1-0 lead in the start of the second half, after my 3 subs around the 65 min mark, I click on the internet and returned to the game when the game were finished - with a 3-0 win for us :D

Like you I had signed Doumbia - love the player, but hate him for being away in January for the ACN - so sold him with a £24m profit - the fans don't like me for doing so - but with Remy and Damiao as my first team strikers and Niang and a great Spanish Newgen as back up + Sanogo in the reserves - it makes sense to me

Also sold Mbia and Kara to thinning out my African players in the squad - Kurt Zouma have come in as replacement in the first team lineup (already have Koscielny there)

Team:

Mandanda (Bracigliano)

Corchia (Kabora)

Vertonghen (Morel)

Koscielny (Newgen)

Zouma

Hazard (Nangis)

M'Vila (Fernando)

Sissoko (Fernandinho)

Ayew (Griezman)

Damiao (Niang)

Remy (Newgen-Ayew)

Would love to bring in Kompany or Nasri, but even though Man City won't have CL football next season, they aren't interested in joining my side atm

Training facilities are: Top training facilities

Youth facilities are : Good youth facilities (currently being improves, will be finished on the 6 of January)

Junior Coaching are: Excellent junior coaching

Youth recruitment are: Established youth recruitment

getting here with them, but taking time, and now there is only one year to Stade Vélodrome has had it's expansion

Just finished my second season, and as you I faced Barca in the CL final, with a 3-0 win for us :D

Team:

Mandanda (Bracigliano)

Corchia (Kabora)

Vertonghen (Morel)

Koscielny (Newgen)

Zouma

Hazard (Nangis)

M'Vila (Fernando)

Sissoko (Fernandinho)

Ayew (Griezman)

Damiao (Niang)

Remy (Newgen-Ayew)

Awesome result in the final, with the team you have you could easily push on and win it again, Quality team.

How much did you pay for Koscielny ? I offered 18m and still had it rejected so decided to give him a miss, Im looking at Vertonghen and Zouma now, but really rate N'koulou.

Looks like you have sold a few players, leaving a core of Remy, Ayew and Mandanda.

Remy on my game got injured for 9 -10 months, if i remember rightly with Cruciate Ligament, so i have doubts hes going to come back as strong as he was.

I have just started my second season, newcastle relegated from prem so i signed Tiote for 9m and Ba for 5m, still have 21m let to spend.

Im looking to sell some players, Mbia being one, Possibly Jordan ayew too, You got a screen of your players out ? i want to sell them for as much as possible..

Awesome result in the final, with the team you have you could easily push on and win it again, Quality team.

How much did you pay for Koscielny ? I offered 18m and still had it rejected so decided to give him a miss, Im looking at Vertonghen and Zouma now, but really rate N'koulou.

Looks like you have sold a few players, leaving a core of Remy, Ayew and Mandanda.

Remy on my game got injured for 9 -10 months, if i remember rightly with Cruciate Ligament, so i have doubts hes going to come back as strong as he was.

I have just started my second season, newcastle relegated from prem so i signed Tiote for 9m and Ba for 5m, still have 21m let to spend.

Im looking to sell some players, Mbia being one, Possibly Jordan ayew too, You got a screen of your players out ? i want to sell them for as much as possible..

Trying to build a squad of French players and a few Belgium ones + some Brazilians for the samba feeling. Now that I got a squad that I'm satisfied with I'm trying to sell on the African players to I won't have half of the squad away for ACN - Ayew x 2 + Kabore will stay as they count as homegrown to the club

I've "only" sold 18 players (and released 42, mostly youngster) + signed 32 players

Koscielny were a £12,75m buy - think that he were transferlisted in the first season, if I'm correct him and Wenger didn't come along

I see my core as Mandanda, Corchia, M'Vila, Sissoko and A. Ayew - they won't be sold at any price - looking for Koscielny, Zouma, Hazard to brake their way into the group this season

Trying to build a squad of French players and a few Belgium ones + some Brazilians for the samba feeling. Now that I got a squad that I'm satisfied with I'm trying to sell on the African players to I won't have half of the squad away for ACN - Ayew x 2 + Kabore will stay as they count as homegrown to the club

I've "only" sold 18 players (and released 42, mostly youngster) + signed 32 players

Koscielny were a £12,75m buy - think that he were transferlisted in the first season, if I'm correct him and Wenger didn't come along

I see my core as Mandanda, Corchia, M'Vila, Sissoko and A. Ayew - they won't be sold at any price - looking for Koscielny, Zouma, Hazard to brake their way into the group this season

I have been trying to build a french team but im finding it difficult to get the players i want for the right fee, 12m for Zouma and they still rejected, so ive had to give up on signing him, I also offered for Griezman but they wanted 21m, Hazard 35m, and Nangis 15m..

I am not paying that much for players when i can bring it adequate players for 4-9m...

Signed, Weiss (4.1m) and Sigurdsson (7.75m) in the end cause there alot cheaper and ive had both before and been very impressed, these two added to Tiote and Ba mean ive now run out of money to stengthen in defence, Meaning Kabore is possibly going to retrain to play DC incase i get an injury to N'koulou or M'bia.

I will eventually get the players i want in, or eventually just move clubs, after achieving so much in the first season.

• 2 months later...

Still playing FM12, so a little movement in the Marseille thread

Got Kompany in January 2014, had to pay Man City £41m for him - they still want to much money for Nasri (Around £141m they say) but he is down to his final 2 years of his contract, so hopefully he won't sign a new one, and then they may want to part with him in January 2015 for a lesser price)

Won the French supercup, the World Club Championship, the league, the cup and the Champions League in 2013/2014 - lost the Euro supercup against Leverkusen on penalties, and the coupa de la leauge qtr final against Nice (also on penalties - played the reserves)

Beside the capturing of Kompany it is mostly newgens that have come into my reserves where they can learn the trade - Ochoa have joined on a free to take the reserve keeper job from Ospina that joined Newcastle for a cool £9m

Stadium have just been completed so it is "new" and shiny and holds 67.000 - the financial balance has just broken the £100m barrier - hopefully the board will allow me to expand the stadium in a few months - if not I may put in a request to buy the stadium in January - just to boost the value of the club, even if it doesn't make much sense on the financial balance with the rent of only £1.3m a year - the cost of buying the stadium would most likely be much higher

Youth facilities are getting another upgrade atm, they stand a excellent atm but will get a not better in December

Archived