Olympique De Marseille - Droit Au But

Saint_Lane

Welcome to Marseille - 2012

logoho.jpg

Olympique De Marseille

Olympique de Marseille were founded in 1899 and won their first French first division title in 1937 and their first French Cup in 1924. Marseille had to wait until the 1970s to dominate French football completely but they did do exactly that when they were in control. The club's motto, "Droit au but", dates from the days when the club's main sport was rugby, under the name "Football Club de Marseille", translated it means "Straight to the Goal". The star represents the victory in the Champions League is featured on the top.

But the best spell of the French club was from the late 1980s to the mid 1990s. Bernard Tapie became the club president of the club and constructed the greatest club team ever witnessed in France. He signed Alain Giresse, Jean-Pierre Papin, Chris Waddle, Klaus Allofs, Enzo Francescoli, Abedi Pelé, Didier Deschamps, Basile Boli, Marcel Desailly, Rudi Völler and Eric Cantona as well as appointing high-profile coaches like Franz Beckenbauer, Gérard Gili and Raymond Goethals.

Between 1989 and 1992 Marseille won four consecutive French league titles and also won the UEFA Champions League in its new format in 1993.

remys.jpg

Rivalries

L'OM's biggest rivals are noisy counterparts Paris Saint Germain, the derby titled Le Classique is the biggest game in your calender with PSG being located in the north in the French capital and Marseille located along the Mediterranean coast, the rivalry is often referred to as "the North versus the South". This is the biggest game in your calender. Win it.

L'affaire

In 1994, due to financial irregularities and a match fixing scandal involving then president Bernard Tapie, they suffered forced relegation to the second division, where Marseille stayed two years before coming back to First division. It was said that Valenciennes players Jacques Glassmann, Jorge Burruchaga and Christophe Robert were contacted by OM player Jean-Jacques Eydelie, in order to let OM win and, more importantly, not to injure any OM player ahead of the UEFA Champions League final in 1993.

Since their return to the first divsion Marseille have been gradually trying to revive their glory days.

The Club

cluboverview.png

Stade Velodrome

Seats: 60,000 - Make it a fortress! - It is the largest club-football ground in France, with a capacity of 60,031 spectators, although the current capacity is 42,000 due to the ongoing renovations ahead of UEFA Euro 2016 where the capacity will increase to 67,000. The record attendance for a club game at the Stade Vélodrome was of 58,897 for a UEFA Cup semifinal against Newcastle United in 2004.

stadiumb.jpg

Meet The Boys

Goalkeepers

75468281.png

Steve Mandanda - The French No.1 is your go to guy. Solid and consistent, he will be your top goalkeeper for a few years to come. Keep him happy and ensure his contract is renewed before the seasons end. Expect the English League heavy weights to come sniffing.

Gennaro Bracigliano - Bought in from Nancy on a free, is you second choice, solid all round goalkeeper with safe technical ability whom you should have no worries on relying on if Mandanda gets injured. He will get unsettled if not given playing time.

Andrade - The 32 year old Brazilian is the weakest of the trio, feel free to offload him and replace him with a younger more promising keeper, can do a job as a reserve Goalkeeper. Little more.

Overall this position is strong. In your mind you want to start considering a possible replacement for Mandanda, but be in no rush. In your first season transfer funds are almost non existant.

Defenders

defendersz.png

Jeremy Morel (D/WBL) - Solid Choice at left back, though Azpilicueta is capable of playing LB at will probably pip him to that position. Good stats, and a good performer will be more than adequate as back up or started to the LB position

Cesar Azpilicueta (D/WBR) - Great young talent capable of playing in both FB positions, I'd recommend re-training him to LB in order to boost that position. Signed from Osasuna in 2009 for £6m he is a mentally strong performer and should be considered in your long term plans

Rod Fanni (DRC/WBR) - Talented right back, and likely to be your first choice, despite his advancing years he is a capable performer and fits nicely into the side

Souleymane Diawara (DC) - Experienced Senegalese international is the rock at the heart of your defence. Again despite his advancing years he still has plenty to offer your team and is capable of handling the a congested fixture list

Stephane M'bia (DC) - Talented Cameroonian signed from Rennes for £10m. First choice centre back who will nail down that position for years to come. Keep him onside and allow him to tutor the younger players that come through the youth ranks in years to come

Nicolas Nkoulou (DC) - M'bia's international team mate signed from struggling Monaco is a real talent in the Marseille side. Young and ambitous will be a suitable replacement to Diawara if you see fit. But more than capable of playing in the first season.

Again a very strong position. The defence area will suffice for the first season. Money is restricted in the first season, but when you start habouring Champions League ambitions, you'll want to develop one or two position in the back line.

Midfield

midfielders.png

Charles Kabore (D/WBR/DMC/MC) Good all round player competant in many positions and should develop nicely. Many not fit into fist team plans immediately. I shouldnt discard him though as he provides great cover in the RB and MC areas. May well break into your first team plans.

Lucho Gonzalez (AMC/MC) - The experienced Argentinian is a technical playmaker, likely to be topping your assist chart. On a big wage and only 21 months left on his contract a renewal is up to you. I would. He is consistent but has declining physicals. First name on the team sheet.

Bruno Cheyrou (MC) - The Frenchman is a great attacking midfielder and solid all round. Will be in your first team for the 1st season at least. Play him with Lucho and keep the partnership steady. They'll perform.

Alou Diarra (DMC/MC) -Alou is the graft to Lucho's brilliance, a defensively solid midfielder, relishes the Anchor man position and provides solid cover to the back for - If you want a clean sheet, park this guy infront of your back line.

Morgan Amalfitano (MC/AMC) - Solid player, good creative technicals and relishes the playmaker situation. Not quite as adept as Lucho but is solid back-up - dont be in a rush to sell this guy, if you can keep things stable do so. Keep him around. He's fine.

Strong here too. Some creative players complemented by the rock steadyness of Diarra and Kabore. Not alot needs doing here in the first season. In fact i'll stick my neck out and say do nothing. When the 1st season is done and you have a transfer kitty, then get creative.

Attackers

attackers.png

Mathieu Valbuena (MR/AMRC) - Mr Marseille himself signed in 2005 for 55k. I know! Solid Attacking midfielder who can mesmorise you at times. The ability to change a game with a piece of brilliance. Enjoy having him in your team.

Andre Ayew (MLC/AML) - Ghanain international and up and coming sensation. Solid player with real potential. Nuture him and love him he will become a starter for years to come. Has an £11.25m release clause in his contract, negotiate it out as soon as possible.

Jordan Ayew (ST) - Andre's brother and natural athlete. Very promising young striker with a great platform of abilities for you to help him develop. Dont be afraid of giving him playing time and give him a good technically bassed trainging program to really allow him to blossom. Like a little flower. Not really. Shouldnt have said that.

Loic Remy (ST/AMR) -The French rollercoaster Mr.Remy is a speed daemon that scores goals. Start him up top. Really do it. He's great. Signed from Nice for 11m and this is the season he will deliver and make a major impact. Has a PPM of trying to beat the offside, i'd recommend you get rid of it ASAP. He will score on average 2 disallowed goals a game by being offisde. Really he will. Also if you dont already have him in your FIFA Ultimate Team, get him now. Other football based games available.

Andre-Pierre Gignac (ST) - Okay striker, the first thing you'll notice is he's on 70k a week. And he probably wont get many games, especially if you only play with 1 up top. He's a solid player but on big wages.

Good players here, the real force of your team. Remy is a top player. A.Ayew will be your highest rated performer, he is so consistent and physically competant. I have a chip on my shoulder about Gignac, his ability doesnt merit his wages, and when you play 1 up top he simply wont get the playing time. Give Jordan some playing time too. Please.

Youth Prospects

Honestly. Not alot. Billel Omrani, the young French striker looks promising but he'll neeed playing time do develop. Playing time that should be going to Jordan Ayew. Adonian and Anani are potentials, but again will likely need so much playing time to improve and will develop into little more than back-up players.

Marseille - Inside The Club

The Latest in Fashion Wear

kitsr.png

The Control Room

Recommended Formation

4321n.png

The 4-3-2-1 is a solid platform for success at Marseille. It works. Alou Diarra in the Makelele role steadies the back four and the front 3 have enough about them to get you goals. Its a versatile formation in that it has pace in width for counter attacking moves, enough men in midfield to defend and put bodies behind the ball, its an all rounder formation as i call it. It works. But so do other formations. Dont take my word it, try something new and make it work. Then gloat when you win the World Cup with it.

4-2-3-1 is a similar line-up but clearly more attack orientated. Its a shame to not utuilise diarra in the DMC position but does give Lucho more room to manouvre and link the play.

Im English, I had to include the very rigid, inflexible and outdated system of 4-4-2. Of course I kid. It is an option, and does allow you to play that second striker, but with little in the way of top strikers at the club, 1 injury could seriously hamper the strength of this formation

Transfer Centre

transferf.png

Sergine Kara (DC/DMC) - The young lad applying his trade in Norway has been doing the rounds this year on the FM forums. Available for under £1m first season, and a solid player to provide first team competition to Alou Diarra and your 2 centre backs

Wilfried Bony (ST) - 'The Next Drogba' is plying his trade out in Holland. A talented striker with very good physicals. Minimum release clause of £2.5m may tempt you. Can provide solid back up or challenge for a first team. Do it how you want.

Saloiu Ciss (DC) - Another strong lad from Tromso is a quality centre back able to provide cover to your Marseille team. Available for £1-2m he is a bargain. Its a deal, Its a steal, its sale of the...

Kwando Asamoah (DMC/MC) - This unit of a midfielder is the real deal. He will dominate midfields, the ball winning midlfielder is currently out in Italy donning the shirt for Udinese. He'll cost you a big £15m+ but he's a good player. and will cement that midfield for years to come.

Marvin Martin (MC/AMC) One of those luxury type players, and the ideal long term replacement for Lucho. He'll cost you though, £15-£20m is the defecit he'll leave in your balance sheet. Very talented playmaker who's making all the noises out in France.

You are going to need to think long term with transfers. Of course you can upset the apple cart and completely re-arrrange the team in the first season, all down to you. Dont be afraid to bring in loans, Pogba and Coquelin are french and available and provide good enough cover for the midfield.

The Challenge

Beleive it or not, Marseille are not the dominant force in French football, and have been struggling for consistent success in recent years...

leaguepositions.png

And rumour has it your the man for the Job. 1 League title since 1994 just wont do it. With 4 winners in 4 years, the league is begging for you to take it over and lock it down, lets see if you can do it. The board are getting restless and want success. Deschamps is out, you are in and they have so much faith in you here is your finances for the year,

wage.png

Impressed? No worries. You have a strong team. You do. Or so the board keep saying. The fans deserve success and they're anxious at your appointment. Proove them wrong. Work with what you've got and turn Marseille into the French superiors.

Boardroom Brief

Task 1

Silence Paris. They've got money, and they're throwing it around. They will bring in class players year in year out and your fans expect victory in the classic derby. So win it.

Task 2

Get infront of Lyonnais, there a quality team and still consider themselves favourite despites Lille's success last season.

Task 3

Win trophies. Marseille is a big club, with a great finance structure, you'll be making huge profits with the 60,000 seater stadium. Keep signings sensible and dont pay over the odds with wages on 'superstars'. The money is there should you fancy it though. Get a foothold in the league then tackle Europe. The world is your Oyster

Be Champions!

mathieuvalbuena.jpg

how does the transfer budget for season two looks like? and do you get extra transfer funds during the season like in FM11?

Yes. Come January 2012 you will have upwards of £15m to spend. Second season the transfer budget is beautiful.

£50m

Saloiu Ciss (DC) - Another strong lad from Tromso is a quality centre back able to provide cover to your Marseille team. Available for £1-2m he is a bargain. Its a deal, Its a steal, its sale of the...

Loving the Lock, stock quote! Quality thread mate! :thup:

Great OP! I had just started an OM save a few days ago and came to see if there was a thread!

OM is a great team to manage in Ligue 1. Its a very tough, competitive league with a lot of fixtures especially when you throw in the Champions League.

I play a formation I nick named "The Eiffel Tower", pity we weren't a Paris team! Its a 5 man midfield that looks to boss the game through the middle of the park. Heres how it looks:

OlympiquedeMarseilleTactics_Overview.png

The key player for this team is undoubtedly Andre Ayew. Ignore your coaches advice and set him up as a Box to Box player! He is an absolute animal when set to this! First thing I did was renegotiate his contract to get rid of his 11.25 Mill Release Clause. Its cost me alot of wages per week but the big boys were sniffing around and I wanted him to stay on my terms!

But what if Andre gets injured?! It happened to me for 6 weeks or so. All you do is unleash another beast from your bench, Charles Kabore! Charles' hobbies include destroying crossbars from long range. Leave him as a Box to Box aswell! You can also use him to protect a lead by using him as a BWM-D, just sub off Cheyrou or Lucho (and set Cheyrou as AP-S )

Strike sensation Loic Remy is your deadly weapon in front of goal. He bangs them in from all over the place and is great at pouncing on rebounds! Jordan Ayew is your back up. He is a future beast also! Heres a goal of the season contender from this youngster:

I also use a 4-1-2-1-2 attacking if Ive gone 60 mins without a goal or need to try mount a comeback. I sub off the most tired midfielder for Jordan Ayew and play him as an AF-A.

For match preparation I alternate between attacking movement or set pieces for a home game and Defensive for away games.

Transfers:

Lucky you! You get zero dollars to spend on new talent and are several thousand in the hole on wages already!

There are some decent free players at the start, but to sign them you will need to set them as a key player, which wasn't worth it for me.

Im not sure of the 48 month thing works as its not really my thing.

The French league has the "Joker" transfer window where you can purchase one player from a French team after the regular window closes. I did not use this transfer.

On Nov 1st 2011 the board gives you around 13 million which you can use. I opted to bolster the youth ranks even though the U 19s were doing well.

When the Window reopened the board gave an additional 5 million to spend. I had used some of the previous money to bolster the wage budget, so was back at 12 million.

My notable signings were:

Paul Pogba from Man U for 3.3 million.

Mushaga Bakenga on a free after Rosenborg released him!

Granit Xhaka from Basel for 1.2 Million.

Saliou Siss from Tromso for 120k.....bargain! Good tip OP, he seems great!

Outgoing was:

Andrade to Fulham for 250k

Brandao to Flamengo for 240k.

I just wanted their wages off the books. I tried to offload Gignac but have had no luck so far.

I really wanted to bring in Kwadwo Asamoah and had an offer of 8 mill up front and 5 mill over 2 years but he went to Inter.

I still have 8.7 Million in the bank but I dont think Ill spend it. If anyone knows if its wasted at seasons end rather than added to the new seasons budget I'd love to know!

Staff:

I brought in Englishman Paul Clement as a coach. I think hes at PSG now so after the update he wont be available!

Champions League:

OM are a 2nd seed but I was one of the weaker teams in Group A

OM, Barcelona, Napoli and Zenit.

A tough group, the Europa was my goal and I had the CL pretty much written off!

It finished like this:

CLresults.jpg

Ligue 1:

I havent finished the season yet as its a long one! Heres how things are looking after 24 games:

Ligue1Overview_Stages.png

Feel free to laugh at PSG!

Lyon were unstoppable until the last month when the wheels have fallen off, thankfully! Lille are tough too!

Goals and Assist charts:

goalsass.png

So thats how Im going with my OM save. I highly recommend giving them a go and reading your journey!

BKFTW

Thanks for the update =) - Thats a fantastic start, and congratulations on the Champs league qualification in what looked a very tricky group! Well noted on the Ayew release clause, its a bullet i narrowly avoided so will add that into the OP for others to learn. Good luck with the remainder of the season and be sure to let us know how it pans out!

Season Review 2011-12

Overall, a good season - promising progress in the league and Europe was dampened somewhat by half hearted efforts in the domestic cups. I was very plesed with the developent of a couple of the players, but again this was dampened by the 7 month injury of Loic Remy who's stats freefalled. I doubt he has a future at the club now. His Pace dropped from 17 to 14, and his finishing from 14 to 12. This along with lots of other stats really hampered his ability.

League

leagueh.png

Overall pretty solid. We went unbeaten at home but slipped up away to lower league opposition a couple times. I cant complain. It happens. PSG and Lyon coupled with poor transfers and some very dubious league performances never really challenged. Suprising.

Europe & Domestic Cups

champsleague.png

Champions League was fun. It was difficult against obvious tougher opposition and the Man City and Real Madrid games really showed us where we stand in the grand scheme of things, despite dominating the league in France. We were very luck to go through against Manchester, but the Madrid based team were another class. I was also focusing on Europe over the domestic cups, keeping my players fresh. We crashed out of the League Cup and French FA Cup in Semi-Finals of both. To Lyon. Twice....

Players Worthy of Mention

sow.png

Moussa Sow finished our top scorer despite joining for £7m in January, the long term injury to Remy was horrific. But Moussa stepped up as best he could.

MvP

African Player of the Year, Ligue 1 top Assists & Goal of the season ...

mvpnc.png

Andre was quite sensational. Playing as an Inside Forward in the AMR position. BKFTW has also had success playing Andre as a Box-to-Box midfielder so this guy has all the versatility to make it happen.

Transfers

In - Sow (January) £7.5m

Out - None

Season Review 2011-12

...the 7 month injury of Loic Remy who's stats freefalled. I doubt he has a future at the club now. His Pace dropped from 17 to 14, and his finishing from 14 to 12. This along with lots of other stats really hampered his ability.

What is his Determination? If it's over 16, he'll get back to his peak soon!

Anxiietyyy, its not great 13/14? from the top of my head. His stats have started showing signs of iimproving but he seems so open to little niggling injuries. Im half tempted to check the editor and see if he's injury prone at all, though it isnt my style to do so. Maybe at the end of the game. Everytime he seems to get moving he puts himself out for a week or 2 and starts all over again, quite a shame.[/b]

Update :(

remydeterioration.png

Anxiietyyy, its not great 13/14? from the top of my head. His stats have started showing signs of iimproving but he seems so open to little niggling injuries. Im half tempted to check the editor and see if he's injury prone at all, though it isnt my style to do so. Maybe at the end of the game. Everytime he seems to get moving he puts himself out for a week or 2 and starts all over again, quite a shame.[/b]

Update :(

remydeterioration.png

In that case, I'd look to ship him off as soon as possible. Bring in another young French striker to replace him. Lenny Nangis and Mbaye Niang both come to mind.

Season Review 2012-13

Second season completed, and it was relatively pain free. The group of players are geling well and we made 1 or 2 exciting transfers that will really propel the team forward in the coming seasons. As a squad, we're still not there in terms of pushing for European success, but it wont be much longer. The teams in Ligue 1 are way off the pace which is a shame. PSG have an amazing team but just dont perform, and its a similar story at Lyon. Sochaux are the real contenders.

Transfers IN

Kara - £5m - Bursaspor

Kwadwo Asamoah - £16m - Udinese

Marvin Martin - £15m - Soxhaux

Ales Hanousek - £3m - Sparta Prague (Regen)

Carlos Fierro - Loan 500k - Chivas

Brahim Farhaoun - 90k - ASM Oram

Transfers Out

Mass Youth - OUT

Amalafitano - £1m

Billel Omrani - £2.5m - Liverpool

Exicting Prospects

Mohammed Bassole popped into my youth system and was warmly received. Has grown very well and is being tutores by Alou, will replace Diarra permanently end of next season

bassole.png

Brahim is a promising young lad from Algeria, picked up plying his trade in Africa we had no hesistations in selling him the wonders of Marseille and set him up with a studio flat outside the city centre, he loves it.

brahim.png

Ligue 1, Europe and other methods of ranking teams in order of ability

League was fine, as mentioned the other teams have taken their foot of the gass, the only teams who seem to be applying themselves are Sochaux and Valenciennes.

leaguepos.png

Domestic Cups seem to be alluding me at the moment. A pleasent defeat to Lille in the Finals of the FA Cup was dismal, but we beat AJ Ajaccio 3-2 in the League Cup. Just.

We had another good go at Europe, but theres still a defecit in quality between us and the top European teams. As you'd expect.

europeq.png

We played well in the first Leg against L'pool - but collapsed in the second. A shame as I felt we desrved something from it...

. . . Player Analysis

Top Scorer

Carlos Fierro You guessed it. Maybe. The young lad from Mexico finished Ligue 1 top scorer, and bagged a combined total of 35 in all competitions

fierro.png

MvP

Andre Ayew Really, you must have guessed this one. Praised him enough already in this thread. He's recently moved in with me in our joint appartment outside the stadium. The wife didn't approve but then she didnt score 12 goals and avaerage 7.7 for the season did she...

ayew2.png

Managers Player of The Season

Kwadwo Asamoah Broke the record signing fee costing Marseille £16m. But what a signing, his physical prowess enables him to bully other teams, and he has really nailed down that midfield position along side Marvin Martin. Thanks Kwadwo.

managersplayer.png

Come on, man. I've just settled down in to an Arsenal save and you've got me contemplating starting up a Marseille one now! :(:lol:

.. and did you just do a seaon in a day?

Haha, no not quite. Im backdating my updates. I was starting my third season when I got round to creating the thread.

And on starting a Marseille save. Do it, the weather over here is better and you wont have to put up with Pat Rice in your ear every saturday lunch time...

Haha, no not quite. Im backdating my updates. I was starting my third season when I got round to creating the thread.

And on starting a Marseille save. Do it, the weather over here is better and you wont have to put up with Pat Rice in your ear every saturday lunch time...

I don't have to put up with Pat Rice anyway, he's retired now :( You're probably right though, France does have better weather than England. Tempting.

Started up a game, going to be interested to see if my interest in it survive

I have to go to the January transfer window with hopes of extra money to bring in one or two strikers and a central defenders, as I spend all my money on ...

Yann M'Vila £26.5m from Rennes and

Moussa Sissoko £26.5m from Toulouse

Had to sell Lucho £5.75m to Inter, Fanni £6.75m to Arsenal and Cheroy on loan to Besiktas for a £1m up front and a future fee if they decide to buy

With M'Vila and Sissoko my central midfield is sorted for 5 years at least with the two best French central midfielders in the game, so that is a big plus, just hoping that my strikers will stay fit until new recruitments can be bought

• 3 weeks later...

Finished my first season as OM a little while ago but haven't been able to update in here.

I won the league with 28W 5D 5L for 89 points, 6 points ahead of Lille. PSG rallied to 5th for the last EC qual spot.

I was knocked out of the champions league by Man Utd in less that stellar circumstances. The first leg was at home which we won 3-2 but we should have scored more goals. In the return leg we lost 1-0 to a penalty which Mandanda parried onto the post and then it rebounded and hit him! Unbelievable stuff and we had a goal ruled out. I was left a little disappointed but there's always next year!

The domestic cups I was bundled out of once we faced the decent teams, my B team just wasn't up to the task. The local cups determine how many games the fringe players will get for the year so its up to them as to how they go!

I achieved a personal first with Jordan Ayew getting awarded the best goal in Ligue 1 and the Champions League. I have not had this happen before and its funny as he is just cover for Loic Remy.

teamofyearetc.png

I did very well with places in Team of the year as the SS shows.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The off season is now completed. I usually fritter away a few hours of my life between seasons and this save was no different.

I am happy with the first team and despite a monumental budget of 37.91 Million and 850k Per week wages, I havnt looked at signing any big names. M'Villa and Soussoko are on my short list but I dont think now is the time to move for either.

I did not get on well with Diarra so he is off and the search for a replacement was between Dortmunds Sven Bender and Tiote of Newcastle. Benders agent wanted a ridiculous fee of 2 mill so that deal was sent packing (I hate the greedy agents!) so Tiote was the man and my main signing.

OUT:

Alou Diarra - Fulham 2mill

Gennaro Bracigliano - Lyon 500k

Jean Phillipe Sabo - Notts Forest FREE

Andre Pierre Gignac - Lille LOAN (Played well in the friendlies but still let him go on loan, didnt feature last year)

Djimi Traore - Released

IN:

Kevin De Bruyne - Genk 1.6mill

Cheick Tiote - Newcastle 9.5mill

Mariga Mcdonald - Inter FREE (Looks like he'll be great cover for Tiote)

Ivo Pekalski - Malmo FF 275k

I had Lucho Gonzalez, Gignac and Diawara listed but there were no taker, so they stay and I beg for forgiveness!

The youth team was completely overhauled and scouts deployed looking for regens or released gems! I spent upwards of 6 mill on the Youth squad and have a few good looking players to bolster the U 19's.

Tactically I will stick with my midfield heavy 4-1-3-1-1. The attacking 4-1-2-1-2 stays also to get my strikers some game time. I am trying a 4-3-3 style to get Andre Ayew as an Inside Forward but its not looking great.

The preseason is out of the way with a quick tour of England and games against the new OM U19's and Reserves:

OM Reserves 2-0 Remy, Andre Ayew

OM U 19's 2-1 Gonzalez, Jordan Ayew

Cardiff 3-2 Remy(2), Own Goal

Fulham 7-1 !!! Amalfitano(2), Gonzalez(2), Cheyrou, Gignac(2)

Stoke 3-1 Remy(2), Jordan Ayew

Champions Trophy

FC Istres 1-1 Gonzalez. Won on Penalties 6-5. The B Team was used here, but still a poor result.

Ligue 1 is Underway with our first game.

Stade Brestois 29 0-4 Remy(4)

A killer start for Loic with 4 already!

Thanks for reading!

In 2015 in my Marseille save and I'm doing fantastic, won the league every year but been inconsistent in the other competitions (never won the French Cup while I've been in charge!)

In response to vasilli07, Loic Remy has been amazing for me, but he's playing in a tactic that he is the stand out striker in, so if you buy him I would consider building the team around him :thup:

• 2 months later...

After a lot of success in Scotland (Aberdeen) and England (Sunderland), I was approached by Marseille in January, 2015. I continued for the left over season and won the league title with them on the last day pipping Lyon. But surely I missed playing with Andre Ayew, Gonzalez and Remy. They had no home grown player for the subsequent season and thus I could not help thinking of a fresh start with them.

This thread is really helpful and it's a real good challenge to fight for the title in such a great competitive league.

I am still pondering around for the free/cheap txr targets. Gonzalez is great but he is on exceptionally heavy wages as well. No wonder BKFTW wanted to offload him.

Is there anybody still playing with them?

I love Marseille, French Arsenal. :) Good finances and good starting team. I finished 2nd in my 1st year and managed to win Champions league. (beat Bayern, City and Real in finals). Bought Kwadwo my 1st year Jan. and Musacchio, because had to sell Bia to Inter. On hindsight Musacchio is doing ok but not a great buy. Kwadwo is probably my best player.

Second season is not going so great, hardly keeping up with PSG. And it's hilarious how every African nations cup half of my team leaves, so anyone picking OM I would recommend keeping an eye out for that. Got De Bruyne for 770k€ in summer, let Lucho (a mistake since I had to still pay some of his wages!) and Diarra go. Tried to get M'Vila but he chose Dortmund, got Etienne Capoue for 9.7m instead (decent buy), and Axel Witsel. Ou, Manu tried to buy Kwadwo for 44m€ but they couldnt afford his contract. :)

Somehow Remy isnt really doing the job for me but havent found anyone better either. (with reasonable money) I play 4-1-2-1-2 and I think it's the best formation for OM.

• 2 weeks later...

Started up a Marseille game after the latest patch

Won the La Championat with record breaking 101 points (Lyon held the previous with 84 points) 20 points ahead of Lyon and a whopping 42 points ahead of PSG in 6th position *lol* - Lost 1 game (after the league was won) and drew 5 - scoring 110 goals conceding 20

Went out of the CL in QF to ManU (lost 3-0 at OT - and won 3-1 at home) - out of the cups as well

Started out in a 4-3-3, but switches to a 4-4-2 after the CL exit

Signings first transfer window:

Kara-Tromsø-£975k

Mouche-Boca-Loan

Yttergård-Tromsø-£3,9m

Doumbia-CSKA-£17,75m

M'Vila-Rennais-£28,5m

Niang-Caen-£2m (French joker signing)

Signing winter transfer window:

Sissoko-Toulouse-£23,5m

Corchia-Sochaux-£11,75m

Vertonghen-Ajax-£8,75m

Damiâo-International-£16,75m

Martial-Brestois-£1,7m

Koscielny-Arsenal-£12,5m

Fernandinho-Shaktar-£11,75m

Total transfers in the first year - In £141m Out £36m

Signings second summer transfer window

Batra-Barcelona-£1,8m

Nangis-Caen-£4,8m

Hazard-Lille-£35m

Griezmann-Sociedad-£20m

Moises-Villareal-Free

Bertolacci-Roma-Free

Barlotelli-ManC-Loan

Delac-Chelsea-Loan

Total ins so far: £63m - Total outs so far £19,5m

£60m in the bank atm

Team:

GK) Mandanda (Bracigliano-Delac)

DR) Corchia (Karbora-Batra)

DL) Vertonghen (Morel)

DC) Kara (M'Bia)

DC) Koscielny (Martial)

MR) Hazard (Nangis)

DM) M'Vila (Bertolacci)

DM) Sissoko (Fernandinho)

ML) Ayew (Griezmann)

FC) Doumbia (Ayew-Niang)

FC) Damiâo (Remy-Barlotelli)

Trying to keep the team as French speaking as possible (without to many players going the the ACN every other year) with a few other good signings

Some nice signings you made there, and also congrats on the competition wins. Thinking of starting up a Marseille save, favourite French team, how did you manage to get that much money in the first season though?

The spendings in the first transfer window were funded by the sales of Valbuena (£9m to Inter) Sabo (£1,5m to Lecce) Diaware (£3,6m to Malaga) Brandao (£1,5m to Genoa) and Osei (£350k to AlboniLeffe)

Had some extra money put into the transferfund in November (or there around) by the board/Chariman)

Then I sold Nkoulou (£7,75m to Porto) Cheyrou (£1,9m to Napoli) Diarra (£2,5m to Stuttgart) and Azpilicueta (£7,25m to Genoa)

To fund the rest

I know that I most likely could have gotten more out of Azpilicueta, but I wanted to bring Corchia in as first team right back, so no need to keep him, and I could use the funds

Pretty good price for Valbuena that, however he is one of my favourite so I can't sell him. Hoping to build my team around him, doesn't look like I will be making any signings until Jan, but looking to get rid of Sabo and Traore since their contract is up at the end of the season, just about to play against Lille.

Pretty good price for Valbuena that, however he is one of my favourite so I can't sell him. Hoping to build my team around him, doesn't look like I will be making any signings until Jan, but looking to get rid of Sabo and Traore since their contract is up at the end of the season, just about to play against Lille.

Valbuena was offered out for £9,75m and Inter came back with a £9m offer up front

Split £9m out on 48 months and you have an extra £36m to buy for ;-) (If you have 100% of your selling at your disposal)

With Lucho gone, Valbuena is the player that will bring in the most, that I could go without

How's Ayew doing for you? I know I'm only about 7 games into the first season, but he hasn't impressed me so far, currently playing him Winger-Attack. Remy and Valbuena are on fire, assisting and scoring for each other, and my defence seems pretty solid. Looking to get mainly a French-African team and 2 foreigners max. Didn't buy or loan anyone in the first transfer window, the quad is pretty thin so hoping I'll get something to spend in Jan and bring in another winger as back-up to Ayew.

How's Ayew doing for you? I know I'm only about 7 games into the first season, but he hasn't impressed me so far, currently playing him Winger-Attack. Remy and Valbuena are on fire, assisting and scoring for each other, and my defence seems pretty solid. Looking to get mainly a French-African team and 2 foreigners max. Didn't buy or loan anyone in the first transfer window, the quad is pretty thin so hoping I'll get something to spend in Jan and bring in another winger as back-up to Ayew.

19 assists in 29 league matches in the first season, scoring 6 goals, 7,72 avr as MC

this season 2 assists in 3 matches, 7,87 as AML/ML

can't complain about that

Not a bad return on assists there with Ayew mate. Played him at CM - Attack and Box to Box midfielder and he does seem to be playing better but in the long term I want him to be out on the wing, especially since at the mo I am short in that area, and usually I would play 2 DM's but depending on signings I might play them both as MC and so I can play Ayew there if I can bring in a winger, would love to bring back Ben Arfa.

Not a bad return on assists there with Ayew mate. Played him at CM - Attack and Box to Box midfielder and he does seem to be playing better but in the long term I want him to be out on the wing, especially since at the mo I am short in that area, and usually I would play 2 DM's but depending on signings I might play them both as MC and so I can play Ayew there if I can bring in a winger, would love to bring back Ben Arfa.

Ben Arfa usually gets transfer listed after the first season, if not before (if not he will most likely be interested in joining you in season two) - Nasri is the hard one to get back ;-)

Yeah that's the good thing about Ben Arfa, also managed him on a Newcastle save and he can be deadly if used right. Nasri I would love to bring back, but that would have to be one hell of a signing, winning the CL for a start I reckon. Talking of CL my group is Real Madrid, Trabzonzspor and Basel, so not the easiest, lost 1-0 to Basel with a PK, so not the best but drew 2-2 at the Bernabeau. 12 games into the league and unbeaten, winning 11 and drawing 1, got PSG coming up soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to find the time to get back into my OM save. I think I realized why I stopped it. A CL game against Barcelona (2 years in a row in the group stage :( )

Anyway I needn't have worried as we won 6-2.......My Eiffel Tower formation does it again!

Heres Andre Ayew with some lulz:

Season 2 Summary

After a solid first season in charge of OM I was keen to have another good season.

Overall I think it went well, only hampered by a tough Champions League draw with Barcelona in the group stage and then Man Utd in the first knock out round. United went on to play in the final, thus knocking me out 3-1 on agg. We were pretty much outplayed at Old Trafford and could only manage a draw at home. I think if we had drawn any other team apart from them or Real Madrid (eventual winners) we would have got further.

We won the league in a canter which was great. Lyon didnt set the pace they had in my first season and PSG were awful again, sacking yet another manager. Lille were in the mix but surprise package Caen were pushing everyone early before faltering in the last couple of months dropping from 3rd to 6th.

ladder.jpg

I mainly used my 4-1-3-1-1 formation but after hammering Barcelona 6-2 it seemed to lose some effectivness. Whilst I perservered with it by tweaking a few things I wasnt overly happy. Xherdan Shaquiri was ready for some First team action so in the second half of the season I started using a 4-5-1 Fluid/Attacking that seemed to go pretty well.

Defensively we were insanely good. To end the season I think we allowed 1 goal in 11 games in all competitions.

Transfers:

I spent on French players to bolster the squad bringing in 2 big names.

In:

Marvin Martin - 15mill

Hatem Ben Arfa - 7.75mill

Xherdan Shaquiri - 3.2mill

I also bolstered the youth team with some pretty good looking regens.

Out:

Granit Xhaka - Contract Termination as he was hating life at OM

Man City offered my asking price of 25mill for Andre Ayew but he turned them down saying he couldnt leave OM !

Stats:

Goals: Loic Remy 18. Finished 3rd behind Gamiero and a revitalized Frau.

Assists: Azpilicueta / Morel 7 each. Hamouma from Caen led with 13.

MoM: Morel 7. Finished 3rd behind Gamiero and Modeste (lol). Ben Arfa had 3 MoM from 14 games, pretty awesome!

Goal of the Year:

He's at it again!

JayewGotY.jpg

Team of the Year

We did well again with our Iron Curtain defence starring.

OMToY2013.jpg

Season 3 Outlook

We will likely be losing Lucho, Fanni and Cheyrou meaning some youngsters will be moved into the first team.

I am tempted to try and bring in Eden Hazard and use a wide formation, but I may just bolster the central midfield by going after M'Vila or Sissoko depending on my budget. Hopefully Marvin Martin will improve as he hasnt lived up to his price tag as yet.

I hope to have better luck in Europe as I think we are in that top 8, just have to avoid the big boys early on!

Archived