tomtuck01

Tomtuck's First FM Career Adventure

2,520 posts in this topic

Come on mate, you're so close to a treble! City could slip up against Bolton and Fulham I think, and that away goal against Malaga puts you in good stead for the return leg.

Great thread here!

The race for the title is so close, you will have definitely earned it if all goes your way. :)

I'm on tenterhooks over here. It's so tense!
Mega excited.

Dont worry chaps, there'll be an update later!

Can't see City messing up but Chelsea is a tough game for United, might sneak second but I hope I am wrong and you win it.

Think second is the more realistic prospect, which would still be remarkable.

Come on mate, you're so close to a treble! City could slip up against Bolton and Fulham I think, and that away goal against Malaga puts you in good stead for the return leg.

I cant see the treble myself. And it's Marseille. ;)

Great thread here!

The race for the title is so close, you will have definitely earned it if all goes your way. :)

Thanks. :thup: Cant believe we have lost just two out of 35 league games so far and we may still not win it.

Nah, you will not win it, concentrate on Europe mate. :cool:

150px-Swansea_City_AFC_logo.svg.png

Thomas Lewis' Career - May 2015 - Swansea City

Premier League

plfixturesmay2015.png

pltablemay2015andfinalt.png

Well we gave it our best shot, but eventually we came up just short. We won excellently against both Stoke Aston Villa, but by the time we faced Everton on the final day of the season the title was really beyond us as we needed both Manchester clubs to lose, and a twelve goal swing in our favour. As it happened we played excellently at Goodison Park but just couldn't find the net, also both United and City won, so whatever we did was irrelevant.

Still, it was a good final month of the season, and rounded off an excellent campaign pretty nicely.

Europa League

elfixturesmay2015.png

We may not have won, and thus went out on aggregate 2-1, but I can't complain with how we played. Against one of Europes great sides historically, we put in a super performance, and completely dominated them. As with the game we played on the last day of the Premier League season against Everton, we just couldn't find the back of the net. I was disappinted, but proud.

------------------------------------------------

A full end of season review will follow either later today or tomorrow.

Well done on 3rd place mate, your getting closer to the title charge! Lets hope next season can be more kind to you :)

Well done on 3rd place mate, your getting closer to the title charge! Lets hope next season can be more kind to you :)

If indeed I'm still at Swansea. Who knows what's round the corner. ;)

I think you have unfinished business and need to win the Premiership, then think about moving. But that's my opinion, it's up to you :)

Thomas Lewis' Career - Season 2014/15 Review - Swansea City

Premier League

Results 1 - Results 2 - Final League Table (3rd, automatic Champions League place)

After last seasons sixth placed finish, I was just hoping for a season of consolodation; finishing eighth or above would have been a very good season. What we achived this term is something I never imagined. And yet having said that, I can't help but think what might have been had a couple of those draws being turned into victories. Maybe next season we can go a step further.

FA Cup

Eliminated in the 4th Round

A pretty dismal effort. Against Championship side Wigan we were poor in the original tie and the replay, yet somehow got through. We were the same against Sunderland, and they thoroughly deserved their victory.

League Cup

Winners

For the second season in a row we lifted the League Cup. We may not have had the most difficult of runs in the competition this year, but our performances were nonetheless professional in the sense that we kept getting the job done. The final against

Queen Park Rangers was just the same; not a classic performance, but we got the job done and lifted the trophy.

Europa League

Eliminated in the Semi-finals

A brilliant effort by us in our first European campaign. Along the way we had some amazing wins; the victory in Leverkusen, and the 4-0 victory at home to Panathinaikos. We were quite unfortunate in the semi's to be honest, and who knows what would have happened if in the first leg Scott Sinclair had scored from the penalty spot to make it 2-0.

Our season in the Europa has certainly whetted the appetite for the Champions League.

Other Info

Transfers - Finances

(Some released players are cut off the top of the "Players Out" section)

Alot of transfers were made before the start of the seaon and fair few came in during January aswell. We built well after our debut season in the Premier League and the squad has been taken to the next level. Of the loan players signed in January I'm not sure if I will keep any of them, but in the cases of Tafer and Toulalan I have until January 2016 to decide as they joined on year long deals. Special mention goes to Stefan Savic; one of my lesser signings, he was an absolute rock in defence, forming a great partnership with Ashley Williams.

Financially we had a very good year despite a net transfer spend of £10.25million. We earned over £14million from our league position, and a fair bit of prize money from the Europa League. Next season we should perform even better with the Champions League revenue that will come our way.

Top 3 Players

Danny Welbeck

I can't believe I was so indecisive about signing him. Bought as a striker, he actually played upfront just three times all seaon, and was utterly devastating at AMR. If he does half as well next seasn, I'll be relatively happy. For £3.3million he was a snip.

Henri Lansbury

Signed for £2.7million after a successful loan spell in our first season in the Premier League, he really stepped things up this term and became our creative force. Lord knows how he is yet to get even called up to the England squad.

Scott Sinclair

Another good season from Sinclair, if not quite as good as his previous campaign. He scored more goals but the assist dried up somewhat, and he had a shocker this term with his penalties. Still, he got some crucial goals, and as a knack of turning up in the big games when it counts.

Papiss Cisse would have been in this list with his superb return of 27 goals from 43 appearances. But he was fairly inconsistent at times, as his avergate rating of 7.15 suggests.

What Next

Well stick with Swansea and look forward to next seasons Champions League campaign is the most likely scenario. I can only see my self being tempted away by a big club abroard. I won't be moving in England, that is for certain.

Congrats on your fine season mate.

Shame about Europe though. :(

Congrats on your fine season mate.

Shame about Europe though. :(

Cheers Purefun.

It was a shame about Europe, but also I never expected to do that well anyway. Like I said, I was immensley proud to have got all the way to that stage.

Was a very good showing (bar the FA Cup) throughout the season,keep up the good work.

Great season!!! Looking forward to your European adventure next term.

Awesome season, well done. Looking forward to a) Your Champions League progress b) Your next batch of transfers - you seem to have an eye for good bargains and have a similar transfer philosophy to me.

Was a very good showing (bar the FA Cup) throughout the season,keep up the good work.

Thanks for reminding me of the FA Cup!

Great season!!! Looking forward to your European adventure next term.

Cheers. :thup:

Very good challenge anyway.

I wuld expect us to be amongst the bottom seeds, so whatever group we get it will be a challenge!

Awesome season, well done. Looking forward to a) Your Champions League progress b) Your next batch of transfers - you seem to have an eye for good bargains and have a similar transfer philosophy to me.

Well I haven't had loads of money really, so I've just had to spend wisely and get players in purely to suit my system rather than making big marquee signings.

Brilliant season, looking forward to seeing your side in the Champions League next season, good luck dude.

Brilliant season, looking forward to seeing your side in the Champions League next season, good luck dude.

Why thank you, kind sir. Of course, I may not be there...................

(Don't worry boys and girls, I probably will be really)

movingupintheworld.png

It's fair to say our stock rose a bit following our Europa League campaign!

liverpoollink.png

It's always nice to be linked with other jobs.

Not going are you?

Good god no.

Like I said a few posts up, I would only be tempted away if a big club from Europe came knocking - and that doesn't look like happening as no one really underachieved around Europes big leagues last season.

Who are Tammeka?

They're a side from Estonia who got to the second qualifying round of the Europa League.

Great rise in Europe.

King Kenny :(.

King Kenny :(.

It is 2015!! They appointed Roberto Mancini anyway. His last job was Inter who he joined afte leaving Man City. He was sacked just after six months in charge and had been jobless for seven months since.

I know. Its just sad to see Dalglish depart on the game.

Thomas Lewis' Career - Season Preview - 2015/16 - Swansea City A.F.C

Board Expectations

Premier Legaue: Finish in a respectable league position

FA Cup: Reach the sixth round

League Cup: Reach the quarter finals

Champions League: Enjoy the experience

Personal Expectations

Premier League: Finish in a European spot - be it Champions League again or the Europa League

FA Cup: Just do better than last seasons abysmal fourth round exit

League Cup: A place in the semi-finals

Champions League: Errr I'll let you know when the group stage is drawn

Budgets

Transfer: £34,365,519

Wages: £712,994 (Currently spending £650,431)

Balance: £15,820,820 (Up £12,560,472 from last season)

A corking budget for us to go and improve the squad with. We've yet to sign a player ahead of the new season, so I'll see what needs improving upon for the challenges ahead this term. Our balance has improved alot, and with Champions League revenus to come it will only get better.

Squad

squadjuly2015.png

By the end of the window I expect there to be a few new faces on the list above, mainly technically accomplished players aswell as I'm trying to advance my tactic to a more passing style. During my time at Swansea we have had to play counter attacking style, but now we have moved forward, I feel the need to freshen up the style. Hopefully the changes will yield a more Barcelona style of play.

I will post my transfers and revised squad list on the eve of the new season.

Looking at your squad, it's good without containing any real worldbeaters. This makes your achievements all the more remarkable, for me. You're doing a cracking job.

You have a very solid squad and with a couple of signings you can really push on.

Looking at your squad, it's good without containing any real worldbeaters. This makes your achievements all the more remarkable, for me. You're doing a cracking job.

Why thank you kind Sir.

I think that that is the one thing i, dare i say it, regret about last season - that one player who is a bit special and can give us that extra something when we need it. Had the side had that, i think the title would have been ours.

You have a very solid squad and with a couple of signings you can really push on.

Indeed i agree. And i must say that ive already brought in a couple of interesting players.....

It's a sham that your challenge for the title fell apart in the final weeks, but still a massive improvement over the season beforehand. Hopefully you can consolidate a place in the top four whilst putting up a good fight in the Champions League. Be interesting to see if you can make it a hat-trick of League Cups.

australiaoffer.png

Intriguing, but I'm not ready for internatinal management yet.

Be a nice place to get away from Swansea though ;)

Naa far too many dingos around for my liking!

Thomas Lewis' Career - Preseason - 2015/16 - Swansea City A.F.C

Transfers

summertransfers2015.png

A fair bit of transfer activity over the summer, and indeed most of it on good players who came cheaply. Regarding the two main sales, John Fleck never really did it for us on a consistent basis so a profit of £5.5million in just 18 months was terrific. And Younes Kaboul lost his place last term because of the form of Ashely Williams and Stefan Savic, and with Danny Wilson joining, I didn't want a back-up player on £30,000 p/w.

The ones who have come in can definitely help us move forward.

Emiliano Sanchez

A young, exciting looking wideman, his dribbling and crossing could be a valuable weapon if/when he gets his chance in the side.

Rafinha

Signed on a free following his release from Barcelona, Rafinha is a bit of a gamble, but on a free transfer he can hardly fail.

Sergio Canales

On the trasnfer list at Real Madrid, I couldn't resist him for just £1.2million. His technicals are great, and his creativity and flair could really give us a spark.

Paul Pogba

Pogba was available for trasnfer for just over £2million. He has stalled somewhat due to a lack of first team football at United, but he is another good passer of the ball and a risk free signing having come for such a small fee.

Danny Wilson

Costing the same as Pogba, Danny Wilson is likely to be an important part of the side.

Nestor Schmidt

Wow. Our record signing by some way came in on transfer deadline day and really looks excellent. Hopefully this is the man who can lead us to glory. Frighteningly good for just 21 years old.

Preseason

preseason2015.png

As usual not many preseason games, and to get the confidence up I just played a couple of simple teams before playing against the MLS Allstars. Not a game I sceduled, but rather we were chosen to play in the Pepsi All-Star game, and duly won 4-0. It may be just a preseason game, but it's a trophy that still goes down on my CV!

The big kick off is fast approaching, and we open up with an away game at Bolton Wanderers.

Thomas Lewis' Career - August 2015 - Swansea City

Premier League

plfixturesaug2015.png

pltableaug2015.png

A good little start to the campign, taking seven points from a possible nine. Against Bolton we were superb, and Rafinha was great on his debut getting a goal and an assist. The only disappintment was the late consolation goal we let in. The game with QPR was easy - we dominated and should have won by more, but our finishing left alot to be desired. Goodison park is always a tough place to go, and the point could be very important in the latter stages of the season.

Champions League

The draw for the group stages has been made, and my goodness have we been handed a tough group;

champslgedraw2015groupf.png

I'll be perfectly honest and say that I can't see us getting through to the 1st knockout round, and finishing third and dropping into the Europa League may be the best we can hope for. Nevertheless we'll give it our best shot.

Some nice signings there. Pogba is a shrewd signing and Schmidt looks fantastic.

Nice start to the season but ouch!!! Thats a tough group in Europe.

Good start to the season,that is a very tough CL group,hopefully you can claim at least 3rd place in it.

Some nice signings there. Pogba is a shrewd signing and Schmidt looks fantastic.

Nice start to the season but ouch!!! Thats a tough group in Europe.

Indeed Pogba has done well when given a chance, and Schmidt has been excellent thus far. The only problem is the amount of CM's i now have. Thankfully an experiment with Canales as my Trequarista has worked well so far, removing one of them from the equation.

As for Europe, maybe it's not as hard as it seems......

Got a good competitive side though.

I quite agree. And most of that comes from the British core i still have.

Good start to the season,that is a very tough CL group,hopefully you can claim at least 3rd place in it.

I think i have underestimated my side by saying third was the best we could hope for. ;)

Thomas Lewis' Career - September 2015 - Swansea City

Premier League

plfixturessept2015.png

pltablesept2015.png

September took on the same pattern as August; two wins folloed by a draw. The differences came in the fact that ur two wins were magnificent, and the draw extremely frustrating. As superb as did play against Spurs, we were also sloppy. From being 3-0 up after 37 minutes, we were left hanging on after they clawed two back. Thankfully Danny Welbeck calmed the nerves in the 93rd minute. The City performance was the perfect away performance; we sat back, played on the counter, and made sure we took our chances to run out 3-0 winners. The West Ham thing was annoying. We had 64% of possession and totally dominated them, especially in the opening period, but one mistake straight after halftime let them equalise, and after that we couldn't break them down. Still, we are in a good position after six games.

League Cup - 3rd Round

lcfixturessept2015.png

Not a great performance, but it keeps us in with a shout of winning a third League Cup in a row. In the next round we go to Championship opposition again; Newcastle United.

September 2015 Continued

Champions League

clfixturessept2015.png

cltablesept2015.png

A very good start to our Champions League campaign. We played very well in the Ukraine and thoroughly deserved our win. Against Barceloan we played very well without creating alot of chances. They did the same, and the 0-0 draw was a fiar result. To be on four points after two games is a very good start. Next up, Milan come to The Liberty Stadium.

Great result against Barcelona :thup:.

To limit them to just four chances is great work. If you can get four or five points in the remaining games you stand a great chance of getting through.

Great result against Barcelona :thup:.

To limit them to just four chances is great work. If you can get four or five points in the remaining games you stand a great chance of getting through.

Promising start in the CL.

Cheers guys. :thup:

Still going to be tough - next up is a double header against Milan, whereas Barcelona have two against Metalist which i expect them to take six points from. In all honesty i'd be delighted with two draws against Milan just to give us a chance going into the final two games.

Thomas Lewis' Career - October 2015 - Swansea City

Premier League

plfixturesoctober2015.png

pltableoctober2015.png

A terrific month for us, and one that earned me the Manager Of The Month award. Agains Fulham we lead very early on, but found ourselves 2-1 down at the break. In the second half we hit back though, and Rafinha got the winner with 15mins to spare. The West Brom game was another in which we had to come from behind, and that man Scott Sinclair did what he always does - comes up with something when we are struggling. The 2-0 win over Stoke was as comfortable as it looks. We dominated with 60% of possession, and 17 attempts to there 8 - it should really have been more. And at the end of the month against Villa it was again Scott Sinclair who turned up when we needed. After an hour we were struggling at 0-0, but he then put in a great ball for Welbeck to score, before grabbing a brace for himself, one either side or Villa's goal.

So we have moved top, but in November we have some tricky games; Blackburn (A), Chelsea (H), Liverpool (A), and Arsenal (H).

League Cup - 4th Round

lcfixturesoctober2015.png

A good win for us away at Newcastle, with both Scott Sinclair and Papiss Cisse maintaining their good goalscroing runs throughout October. Next up in the quarter finals is Sheffield Wednesday, again away from home.

October 2015 Continued

Champions League

clfixturesoctober2015.png

cltableoctober2015.png

Another good performance in the Champions League, and much like the Barcelona game it was probably a fair result. The most pleasing aspect was that we had more possession - 57% to 43%. The difference to this game and the Barca one was the chances we created - had we been a bit sharper infront of goal we could have won.

Next up is a trip to the San Siro.