Tomtuck's First FM Career Adventure

tomtuck01

You definitely do have the tougher run-in. Those final five will probably be the deciders.

I quite agree. I would expect to beat Liverpool at home, but the other two aren't as easy to navigate.

I would hope to win our next six games before facing Tottenham, and from there we'll see what it's looking like.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

criztano

As SRL88 says, I highly doubt I'm going to be at United anything like as long as Sir Alex.

As I see it, I have brought them back to the glory days/where they belong already to some extent, as they had gone seven years without a trophy before I took over. The challenge now is to maintain that over the duration of my contract.

220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

Thomas Lewis' Career - 2023/24 - Manchester United

League Cup Final

How We Got To The Final

lcruntothefinal202324.png

We put in some excellent performances in our run to the final. Firstly we came from 2-0 down at Spurs to defeat them in normal time. Then in the quarters we thrashed Wolves 5-1 away from home. In the semi's we knocked out our city rivals, getting a great draw at their place before beating them 2-0 back at Old Trafford.

That sent us through to the final, and a meeting with Championship side Hull City.

The Final

vs.Hull City

lcfinalvshullmar2024.png

Yes I did play a very strong side, and yes it was against a Championship club. But it was still an excellent performance. Javier Hernandez continues to have a brilliant Indian Summer to his career, taking his seasonal tally to 27 with his brace. Also January signing Eder Morales put in a great performance, scoring one and assisting two.

One trophy in the bag.

Winning stuff at Man Utd and Man City is easy, their budgets are so much bigger than everone elses, with the possible exception of Chelsea. Fair play to you for earning the right to manage there by being successful elsewhere, rather than taking them straight from the start. Good luck, but I'm looking forward to reading about your next club more.

Just a walk in the park :) Nice job.

Thanks alot dude. :thup:

Winning stuff at Man Utd and Man City is easy, their budgets are so much bigger than everone elses, with the possible exception of Chelsea. Fair play to you for earning the right to manage there by being successful elsewhere, rather than taking them straight from the start. Good luck, but I'm looking forward to reading about your next club more.

And Arsenal who were taken over by a tycoon in 2015 and continued to spend big ever since. (Their annual wage bill is over £30milliom more than mine). Oh and don't forget Swansea, who after success under me and years in and around the top four since have now got great financial muscle.

I'm in 2024, the gameworld is very different to how you imagine it to be.

Thomas Lewis' Career - March 2024 - Manchester United

Premier League

plfixturesmar2024.png

pltablemar2024.png

In any other month I would take this, but given Tottenham's form, (they won four and drew one their five fixtures), it could be a bit of a worry. We tarted well enough with good wins at home to Watford then away to West Ham, but after that we suffered. Sandwhiched inbetween the West Ham match and a Champions League fixture, I had to rotate my side smewhat for the trip to Sheffield Wednesday, and this time it didn't come off. We lost 1-0, and gave Tottenham hope. The month ended with comfortable wins at home to Bolton and away at Stoke, to atleast keep us top on goal difference.

FA Cup - Quarter Final

facfixturesmar2024.png

Very good win against the Championship table toppers, German Tikhonov scoring the pick of the goals with a curling freekick. The win has set up a semi final meeting with yet more Championship opposition, this time in the shape of Newport County.

March 2024 Continued

League Cup - Final

lcfixturesmar2024.png

Very good performance against the Champioship side saw us take the first major trophy of the season. It was the clubs second League Cup win in a row.

Champions League - 1st Knockout Round 2nd Leg

clfixturesmar2024.png

Not a great performance, but we did enough. After just six minutes we fell behind, and faced a bit of a barrage of Bayern pressure. We kept them at bay though, and as they pushed even more late on we hit them on the counter, making it 1-1 in the 82nd minute and ensuring a 4-2 aggregate win.

We face Lyon in the quarter finals, with the first leg at Old Trafford.

Shame about the Sheff Wed result. Hope it turns out to be just a slight setback. Cracking results elsewhere though. Looking forward to facing Lyon again?

Shame about the Sheff Wed result. Hope it turns out to be just a slight setback. Cracking results elsewhere though. Looking forward to facing Lyon again?

Lyon are a great side and play very much like we do alot of the time - 4-4-2 with two flying wingers. Looking forward wouldn't be quite how I'd put it, but they should be two cracking matches.

Thomas Lewis' Career - 2024 - Manchester United

Game Of The Season

220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.pngvs. 121px-Tottenham_Hotspur.svg.png

So hear it is. Old Trafford, April 13th 2024, 12.45pm - it is a game that could go a very long way to deciding who wins the Barclays Premier League this season.

Manchester United won the title for the first time in seven years last season in Thomas Lewis' first season in the job. Tottenham have had their manager, Michael Laudrup, in place since 2013. Although they haven't won the title since 2014, Laudrup has been very successful with the North London club, winning an impressive ten trophies during his tenure.

How They Stand

toptwoapril13th2024.png

With United recently losing to Sheffield Wednesday, Spurs were able to go top as they won their fixture over the same weekend. Since then United have bounced back in the style of all Lewis' sides, winning all three league fixtures, scoring ten goals and conceding just one. Spurs on the other hand have won two and crucially drawn one, letting United go back on goal difference.

The Line-ups

april13thtopofthetablec.png

Thomas Lewis decided to stick with his 4-4-2 formation, rather than making changes to try and top Totttenham's attacking players. A bold move perhaps, though saying to Spurs "You have to stop us". Tottenham manager Michael Laudrup stuck with what he knows - 4-2-3-1.

United decided to go with the two young centra backs, (they have a combined age of just 43), that have played most of the season, meaning experienced man Saturnin Ahouandjinou had to make do with a place on the bench. In midfield Jared McGrath was preferred to Gylfi Sigurdsson and Bruno Pacheco. Thirtyfive year old striker Javier Hernandez was selcted upfront ahead of Amido Nhaasse.

Tottenham were missing 24 goal striker Edibily Ally through injury, meaning captain Stevan Jovetic moved upfront from the left, with Raheem Sterling moving to the left and Hamza Lachaab coming in on the right. England midfielder Carl Graves was surprisingly left out, with Kyriakos Papdopoulos getting the nod ahead of him alongside Yao Zakari.

Game Of The Season - The Match

It started off as expected, Tottenham came out all guns blazing, and after just eighteen seconds fired an effort over the bar. We came back into it though and started get a grip on the game, keeping the ball well, though not really fashioning any chances.

Tottenham looked more likely to score when they did break, and forced a good stop from David De Gea as Steven Jovetic blasted goalwards on the half hour mark. Just three minutes later De Gea was called into action again, as Lachaab got in behind left back Simon Walsh, but put his shot straight at De Gea who beated it away.

The deadlock was broken with six minutes to go to half time. Eder Morales won a freekick on the left hand side of the box. He swung it in himself, and centreback Christian Radu rose on the edge if the six yard box to head home. 1-0 United, and that is how it stayed until half time.

The second half started with United totally in charge, and just nine minutes in the second period the lead was doubled. Eder Moarle broke down the left and cut the ball back to Jared McGrath, he played a cute pass toward Javier Hernandez who fired it first time into the roof of the net. 2-0 United.

From then on the home just dominated. They stroked the ball around nicely, and could have added to their lead. Star man Gomes was guilty of a spurning a great chance, firing straight at the goalkeeper when through one-on-one.

In the end such misses didn't matter, as United secured a massive win in the title race.

Eder Morales secured the Man Of The Match award, and gleefully pared the champagne over his team mates. They knew what a big result this could turn out to be.

Player Ratings And Match Stats

Domination, that is the only word that can used to descibe what the ratings and stats show. We were superior by a long way in the end, and throughly deserved our 2-0 win.

The Top Two Now

april13thtopofthetablecs.png

With just five games to go a massive step has been taken towards secruing the title. Next up is Fulham at Old Trafford, whereas as Tottenham have a tricky looking game away from home against London rvials West Ham.

Thomas Lewis' Career - April 2024 - Manchester United

Premier League

plfixturesapr2024.png

pltableapr2024.png

Well we're still top, but it's still only on goal difference. The month started excellently with a cracking win at Wolves - Gomes back to his best as he smashed home four goals. Next up was the impressive win at home to Spurs, a game which gave that put us in a great position with just five games to go. Our next game was again at home, and Fulham were the visitors. Gomes was amazing, smashing in six goals as we won 7-0. The Manchester Derby was next, and was unfortunately sandwhiched inbetween two other massive fixtures. We didn't really deserve to win, but a draw was so close. However a young man I signed for City at the age of 15, Brian Sinclair, snatched the winner with just nine minutes to go. Tottenham won the same day, and that means with three games to go we are joint top on goal difference.

We have to bounce back in our next; the North-West Derby at home to Liverpool.

FA Cup - Semi Final

facfixturesapr2024.png

A few changes were made to the side, but it didn't matter. The Championship midtable side were no match for us, a we blew them away. Amido Nhasse was the star man, grabbing a brace.

In the final we face Sheffield Wednesday.

April 2024 Continued

Before I dive into this, I will point out that the second leg of the semi was played on May 1st, but I decided to put it in with Aprils update

Champions League - Quarter And Semi Finals

clfixturesapr2024.png

In the quarters we were just about good enough to knockout Lyon. We dominated much of the game at Old Trafford, but couldn't add to the fourth minute lead given to us by Aaron Parkinson. In the second leg we fell behind just before the half hour mark, and Lyon really bossed the game. After giving the players a bollocking at halftime, they responded excellently, equalising just two minutes into the second half. After that we kept possession well, and the game eventually finished 1-1, meaning we advanced 2-1 on aggregate.

The semi finals saw us pitted against Juventus, who beat Internazionale 3-2 in the quarters. The first leg was stunning - a near total domination, and we thorughly deserved out 4-0 win. The second leg really didn't start as planned, as we fell behind after just four minutes. Juventus really came at us after that, but we kept them at bay. Just before halftime though they made it 2-0. Once again the team were given a talking to, and we responded well, bossing the start of the second half. In the 64th minute we grabbed a goal back when Scott Sinclair ghosted in at the far post to head home. Just seven minutes later we made it 2-2, and that is how it stayed. A 6-2 aggregate win, and a place in the final.

In the final we face.................well I'll let you have a guess at that.

SRL is the winner - he said Swansea outright! To complete the little sequence with them and the Mancheter clubs that' going on, I guess I need to take over the Swans again and end up facing United in the Champions League final! :D

Did you make Gomes mad or something before the Fulham game? :D.

I just told him I expected a performance with it being a game we had to win. Never expected that reaction!!

It's nail biting time,trust your rivals to put you under pressure.

I definitely do. Tottenham have pushed all the way this season, and I don't expect them to stop until it's over.

FA Cup Final

How We Got To The Final

facruntothefinal202324.png

Some excellent performances on our way to reaching the final. Even though a Championship side, it was nice to gival rivals Leeds a thumping, and that was followed by a cracking game against West Ham in wich we really turned on the style. The semi was again against Championship opposition, and a side with a few changes to it really put Newport to the sword.

Sheffiled Wednesday's most notable victory was to knockout Liverpool in a quarter final replay.

The Final

vs.Sheffield Wednesday

facfinalmay2024.png

3-0 looks easy, but Wednesday really did make it difficult. For much of the first half they were on top, though didn't create much. Just before the break though they had a man sent off for poor tackle, meaning our job seemingly got easier. It didn't quite turn out that way though, and despite our constant probing we couldn't get through their wall of defenders.

Hwever, in the 71st minute, the breakthrough came. Nicolas Garcia swung over a corner and Mark Attenborrow nodded home at the far post. We had to wait until stoppage time to make it safe, when Aaron Parkinson tapped in a Simon Walsh cross. Straight after that Wednesday lost the ball cheaply, and Javier Hernandez raced through to make it 3-0.

A touch flattering to be honest - Wednesday really did put up a great fight.

Champions League Final

How We Got To The Final

Group Stage

clgrpstage202324.png

cltabledec2023.png

It really could have been a sticky group for us, but it was dealt with magnificently. We got off to a perfect start with victory over Sparta Prague before the two big away games of the group. We managed draws from both games, and even though that left us with five points halfway through the grop, it meant we were in a great position. We then beat Valencia 3-1 at Old Trafford, before sealing qualification with a brilliant win in Prague. Our last game saw us requiring a draw to win the group, but we sneaked a 1-0 win over Lyon to top the group by four points.

Knockout Stage

clkostage202324.png

A terrific knockout stage, as we beat last years beaten finalists (Bayern), and last years winners (Juventus), with Lyon defeated inbetween. We were outstanding in Munich, playing a perfect counter attacking game to win 3-1. The home leg was more sedate, but we made it through. Against Lyon we battled to a 1-0 win at Old Trafford, before getting battered in the firsrt half in Lyon as they got level on aggregate. A better second half showing saw us get back to 1-1 and secure a 2-1 aggregate win.

The semi final saw us face last years winners, Juventus, and we weren't overlly fancied to beat them. However, things just click sometimes, and we battered them 4-0 in the first leg. In the second leg Juve really came after us and were 2-0 up at half time. In the second half we were better and got it back to 2-2. It finihed that way and we won 6-2 on aggregate.

Swansea are the side we face in the final. Quite strange what this competition keeps throwing up for me.

The Final

vs.Swansea City

clfinalvswanseamay2024.png

Frankly I can't say I'm devastated, more annoyed.

We just weren't god enough on the day. We kept the ball very well, but simply didn't penertrate their box enough. Swansea on the other hand looked dangerous every time they broke forward, even if all but three of their attempts came from outside the box.

We were caught out of position for their first goal as our right back was tucked too far in and let their man ghost in behind him. For their second it was just a counter as we threw everything forward late on. We got one back from the spot after Gomees had his shirt pulled at a free kick, and infact we would have equalised but for Hernandez smacking the post in thhe dying seconds from the edge the area.

In all honetly though had we taken it to extra time it wouldn't have been right, Swansea deserved it, and if I'm going to lose a Champions League final I'd rather it be against them than anyone else.

Thomas Lewis' Career - May 2024 - Manchester United

Premier League

plfixturesmay2024.png

pltablemay2024.png

*Everton deducted 9pts for entering administration

Well what a fabulous end to the season. Heading into may we knew that three wins from three would be enough to win it goal difference, barring some miraculous wins for Tottenham. We won our first two games 1-0 at home to Liverpool and away to Swansea, whereas Spur drew on of theirs. That all meant that a draw would have been enugh on the final day against Leicester, but we went mad and hammered them 9-0, just to put things beyond doubt!

May 2024 Continued

FA Cup - Final

facfixturesmay2024.png

Not our greatet performance, especially seen as we were against ten men for over half the game. But we kept going and eventually got the goals we deserved. This was the clubs first FA Cup win since 2004!

Champions League - Final

clfixturesmay2024.png

We simply didn't do ourselves justice when it mattered. We had more of the ball but just didn't do enough with it. In the end Swansea deserved the win, even if both their goals were our own fault.

At least being crowned league champions makes up for the Champions League Final somewhat.

It does yes. I can hardly moan with how the season has gone to be honest. We won everything possible to us, with the exception of the Champions League.

We'll bounce back.

gomesgoldenboot202324.png

Oh yes Mr.Gomes. Kind of helps though that in three games against Wolves, Fulham, and Leiceter he scored thirteen goals!

raduypoty202324.png

Great season from the young Romanian. His season on loan at Dortmund last term certainly helped him.

lewismoty202324.png

I thank the team for winning me this award.

pfatoty202324.png

Hmmmm very odd.

Congrats on the domestic treble,unlucky on losing the Champions League but at least you were not in Man City's position and lose out competing in next season's CL due to Swansea winning!

Congrats on the domestic treble,unlucky on losing the Champions League but at least you were not in Man City's position and lose out competing in next season's CL due to Swansea winning!

Haha I never even thought of that to be honest! Brilliant! :D

stadiumexpansionmay2024.png

Can't say I agree with this. Yes it's great that we're increasing the capacity and will be able to generate more revenue. But right now the finances of the club aren't in great shape, so shelling out £21million on expanding the stadium isn't in the clubs best interests at this moment in time.

Archived