Tomtuck's First FM Career Adventure

tomtuck01

September 2023 Continued

Champions League

clfixturessep2023.png

cltablesep2023.png

An excellent start to the goup stages, though it will only get tougher from here. Gomes was in great form, and Keith Ellis capped off a good full debut for the club with a goal.

Our next group game is away to Lyon.

Nice start there in Europe fella :thup:

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

Thomas Lewis' Career - October 2023 - Manchester United

Premier League

plfixturesoct2023.png

pltableoct2023.png

An excellent month, with three wins from three and three cleansheets to boot. We started with a well earned win at Everton, though we left it late with Gylfi Sigurdsson scoring with a stunning freekick. Again at Watford we left it late in the day with two goals in the last sixteen minutes. Firtly Gomes nodded in from a corner, then Hernandez scored on the counter with the just five minutes to go to secure all three points. And we finished off the month by giving West Ham a bit of a thumping, with Keith Ellis getting his first league goal for the club.

The good form of the team throughout October eanred me the Manager Of The Month award, my first of the season.

October 2023 Continued

Champions League

clfixturesoct2023.png

cltableoct2023.png

Don't underestimate these results - draws they may have been, but very good draws they will hopefully prove to be. With three games to go we are in a great position to go through, with home games against these two either side of an away game against Sparta Prague.

Thomas Lewis' Career - November 2023 - Manchester United

Premier League

plfixturesnov2023.png

pltablenov2023.png

A month that I am very happy with, even if we didn't win all of our four games. We opened the month with a fairly sloppy win over Sheffield Wednesday, where we had to be saved from dropping points late on bhy a stunner from Isidro Rodriguez. That was followed by an excellent away performance against Bolton, where Javier Hernandez grabbed what proved to be winner with twenty minutes to go. A few former plaers were welcmed back to Old Trafford for the game against Stoek, but the niceties ended at kick off as we dominated in a 3-0 win. Our final game of the month was our first real test of the season, as we visited White Hart Lane. We put in a very good defensive display, but we weren't great going forward, so the draw, (with us scoring from a corner), was probably the right result.

Our next game Premier League game is at home to Wolves.

League Cup - 4th Round

lcfixturesnov2023.png

It took a while, but eventually the young side I sent out got the win against the Championship high flyers, with Leonel Colace getting hhis first competitive goal for the club. We face Wolves in the quarter finals.

November 2023 Continued

Champions League

clfixturesnov2023.png

cltablenov2023.png

Two tremendous results have seen us qualify for the next round. Against Valencia we were superb, with Javier Hernandez once against showing his importance to us even at the age of 35. And then in Prague we saw a bit of the future, with 20 year old Amido Nhasse in great form, grabbing a hattrick in a 6-0 win.

A draw in our final group game at home to Lyon will mean we win the group.

Nice to see Liverpool right up there with you :cool:.

Some cracking results in Europe to. Those draws away to Valencia and Lyon impress me much more than the wins so far in Europe :thup:.

Nice to see Liverpool right up there with you :cool:.

Some cracking results in Europe to. Those draws away to Valencia and Lyon impress me much more than the wins so far in Europe :thup:.

Never even noticed Liverpool to be honest with you. ;)

Yes I agree with you about the draws. We were battered a bit in Lyon but defended very well, while away to Valencia we were excellent. Hopefully come the knockout stages we can put in similar performances.

On a serious note, I'm more concerned about the fact that my chairmans status has downgraded again recently to "Happy To Stay". That's two downgrades in just eighteen months in charge.

Is it still the Glazers in charge or not?

Is it still the Glazers in charge or not?

It is, though technically on FM it's David Gill. If there is a takeover, I would much prefer anything other than a promotion from within - that would more than likely mean a Glazer taking charge.

Thomas Lewis' Career - December 2023 - Manchester United

Premier League

plfixturesdec2023.png

pltabledec2023.png

A frankly brilliant month, winning all but one of our seven games and thumping in 24 goals along the way. We started with a 4-2 win over Wolves, which was annoying as we conceded two poor goals. That was followed by a thumping 4-1 win at Fulham with Javier Hernandez again showing how much he till has to offer. The Manchester derby was next, and City were on an eleven match unbeaten run in the league. However, we put them in their place with an excellent 2-0 win. If that wasn't great enough, just three days later we detroyed econd placed Arsenal 5-0, with central defender Chritian Radu poweing in a header and a stonking, if unexpected, long range effort to cap it off. The North-wet derby was next, and we came from behind to earn a 1-1 draw. Another big game followed againt Swansea, and Hernandez was again in great form, bagging a brace in a 3-1 win. The only downside was a red card for Gomes for a horrible tackle. We finished the month by hammering Leicester 5-1, old timer Hernandez in awesome form yet again.

QPR are our next opponents, on New Years Day.

League Cup - Quarter Finals

lcfixturesdec2023.png

Just days after beating Wolves in the league at home, we faced them away from home in the League Cup at their ground. A team with a few changes to it from the league game performed superbly, coming back from an early goal against us to win 5-1.

In the semi finals we face Manchester City, with the first leg at the Etihad.

December 2023 Continued

Champions League

clfixturesdec2023.png

cltabledec2023.png

A much changed side earned a 1-0 win over Lyon to ensure we topped the group. Young striker Keith Ellis tapped in early on in the second half, though really it should have been more had our finishing been better.

In the 1st Knockout Round we have been handed perhaps the toughest draw possible - Bayern Munich.

A very nice Christmas period considering how many games you had, so well done on going through unbeaten.

The Arsenal game was an extra one postponed from earlier in the season when we played the Super Cup against Juventus. We actually play away to Arsenal in January.

Great career this, good to see you doing well with United! Keep it up or you'll have me to answer too. ;)

Haha don't worry, I'll do my best to keep the success coming. :D

And thank you for the kind words about my career. :)

I must agree, this is a great career and is one of the first I check for updates every time I come on.

I can relate to your career as well as I am a Man Utd fan who has ended up getting offered the City job after some small-club success and (almost sadly) brought them success. I think I would make the same move as you if Utd ever offered me the job!

KUTGW!

I must agree, this is a great career and is one of the first I check for updates every time I come on.

I can relate to your career as well as I am a Man Utd fan who has ended up getting offered the City job after some small-club success and (almost sadly) brought them success. I think I would make the same move as you if Utd ever offered me the job!

KUTGW!

Thank alot for the kind words dude. As I always say; they are much appreciated. :)

Well I didn't mind bringing City success really - t'is only a game after all. ;) I have actually said that if I hadn't won the Champions League with them at the time I wouldn't have left for United.

Thomas Lewis' Career - January 2024 - Manchester United

Premier League

plfixturesjan2024.png

pltablejan2024.png

Well a mixed month is the best way to describe January. We started well enough on New Years Day by winning 4-0 at QPR, although it ws disappointing that our defenders were the scorers of three of the goals. Next was a crazy game against Newcastle. We completely dominated, but didn't have our finishing boots on and even missed a penalty. They broke away late on and snatched a 1-0 win. Flabbergasted. After that we travelled to London to face Arsenal, and came from behind to earn a 1-1 draw. The month was rounded off at Old Trafford with a thumping 5-2 win over West Brom.

FA Cup - 3rd Round

facfixturesjan2024.png

Despite alot of changes to the side for the game against Leeds, they didn't disappoint, and my 700th game in management was an emphatic 4-0 win. Youngster Alexey Romanenkov got his first goal for the club.

In the fourth round we face West Ham, again at home.

January 2024 Continued

League Cup - Semi Final

lcfixturesjan2024.png

Superb stuff against our Mancheter rivals. We got an excellent 0-0 draw in the first leg at the Etihad, and followed it up at Old Trafford with a 2-0 win.

At the age of 34 Gylfi Sigurdsson displayed how important he can be for the side, scoring both goals.

In the final we face Championship side Hull.

Transfers

A couple of transfers this month, both of which were incoming;

Patrice Casiano

A young man signed for the future. He is just sixteen and has 3 and a half * potential, so could at £1.6million could turn out to be a very good investment.

Eder Morales

Great player. With his contract up at the end of the season he was transfer listed by is club, and though I was planning on offering him a deal to join for free at the end of the season, I decided to pay the small fee to get him in now. With Gareth Bale retiring at the end of the season, I have his replacement sorted already, and for next to nothing.

Very mixed indeed. Spurs look set to give you a good challenge for the title.

Hopefully by the time we play them we could have a lead built up. Our next game is away to Chelsea, then after that we have eight very winnable fixtures before they come to Old Trafford in mid April.

League seems to be quite tough this season but you seem to be doing well in the cups especially with defeating two of your rivals.

Yeah Tottenham have been really good this season. They seem to do this a fair bit; have a good season then a poorer one. This is onviously a good one.

Thomas Lewis' Career - February 2024 - Manchester United

Premier League

plfixturesfeb2024.png

pltablefeb2024.png

Very pleasing month to be honest. Despite Chelsea not doing brilliantly in the league, a draw at their place is never a poor result - especially when you fall behind early on. We followed that with two good wins at Old Trafford to send us back to the top of the table, though only by a point.

Up next is a third home game in a row, against Watford.

FA Cup - 4th And 5th Round

facfixturesfeb2024.png

In the fourth round we absolutely thrashed West Ham, with six different players getting on the score sheet. In the next round we faced Watford, who were excellent. We didn't play our best, but came through with the win in the end.

The quarter finals see us face Brimingham City, away at their place.

February 2024 Continued

Champions League - 1st Knockout Round 1st Leg

clfixturesfeb2024.png

What a performance. Missing our tallisman Gomes, i was kind of hoping for a draw at best. But instead we put in a near perfect European away performance - we had few chances, but when did break away we made it count. The 3-1 win was superbly executed.

Top of the league is looking pretty good moving towards the last 10 games. Should be an interesting run-in.

Could you post the remaining fixtures of the top 3?

Premier League - The Race For The Title 2023/24

Well seen as SRL88 asked, I thought I'd post remaining fixtures of the top three sides. The game has gone onto to Sunday March 3rd 2024, the date of the Carling Cup Final. So I have thirteen games left to play, whereas Tottennham and Arsenal have twelve. As it stands, Tottenham are top, two points clear of us, with Arsenal a point further back.

Tottenham Hotspur

finalfixturestottenham2.png

Manchester United

finalfixturesunited2024.png

Arsenal

finalfixturesarsenal202.png

Interesting run-ins. We by far and away have the toughest final five fixtures, with games against City (A), Liverpool (H), and Swansea (A).

How is the kid you had out on loan at Stoke doing for you?

Amido Nhasse! He's done well when he's got a chance. I really wanted to get him in the team a fair bit this term, but after a decent start to the season he picked up a knock or two, and Javier Hernandez came in and has just been outstanding.

Nhasse has managed 8 goals and 11 assists from 20 appearances so far. Whereas as Hernandez has 25 goals and 9 assists from 32 appearances.

I'm pleased with how he's done, but Hernandez is still just unreal.

Archived