Tomtuck's First FM Career Adventure

tomtuck01

An Apology

I'd just like to take a moment to say sorry to those of you who have PM'ed asking about updates. I've been quite busy over the last few days, and have also been concerntrating on a thread i have posted in the Tactics Forum.

Normality should return by the weekend.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

200px-Manchester_City.svg.png

Thomas Lewis' Career - Preseason - 2021/22 - Manchester City

Transfers

transferssummer2021.png

This summer did see us cut back massively on the transfer spending. Over the last three years millions has been spent overhauling the squad, and before this summer the club had a net transfer spend of £208million during my first three years at the club. This time around there was no need. I feel a squad has been built that can really win the prize we covert most; the European Cup.

In fact had we not made such a huge investment on youngster Gregg Morton, then we would actually made a profit of over £10million this summer!

Of the players that were sold, a couple I wouldn't have minded keeping around; Martin Trgovcevic and Yoann Le Moal. With Trgovcevic it was a simple decision; he had a year left on his deal and was wanting to increase his wages from £55,000 p/w to £135,000 p/w. No chance of that, and his agent wouldn't go lower than £100,000. Transfer listed, and bye bye. With Le Moal it was harder. He wasn't a great player but could always be relied upon to perform in either fullback spot when a first choice was missing. However, Deportivo said "name your price", and when they actually came back with the offer I decided it was too good to turn down for a back-up player.

Vladimir Markovic

What a player this man looks like - at only 21 he is fanatastic already and has 4* potential. The fee was rather sizeable, but only £2.5million of it was upfront, with the rest being spread over 48 months.

Danny Welbeck

He was superb for us last term after joining on loan for the second half of the season. He was reliable for me with both Swansea and England, and although he won't be first choice here, I'm sure he can make a decent little contribution.

Hugh Durrant

For such a good young player I'm surpried he was available so cheap. He has good technical stats and some decent mentals, and with the right training and tutoring could reach his 3 and 1/2* potential.

Marco Passaretti

Another with 3 and 1/2* potential. Dosen't look great going foward, but defensively looks very solid. A few games here and there will certainly aid his development.

Necati Yildiz

Wow. I only noticed him when I started looking around for a striker when Trgovcevic, and amazingly he was leaving Barcelona on a bosman. Easily my best bit of business of the summer.

Mattia Arcari

A very good find. He's got 3* potential, meaning he can be a handy player for us. A bargain at £2.5million.

Luis Maciel

Looks excellent for one so young. The fee was just compensation, and he has years to develop. He'll spend this season at feeder club Swindon.

GreggMorton

He has cost an absolute fortune, (£19.5million rising to £24.million), but what a player this boy could be. He has 4* potential, and in my opinion i the future of this club.

Alot of good buiness ver this summer. In terms of players who could have left the club this summer but were given new ne year contracts, there is Vincent Kompany (35) and Scott Sinclair (32). Bother are only listed as "back-up" players, but even at their respected ages they are good back-up.

firstteamsquadaug2021.png

Lef tof the squad list are a few who are in the reserves and are very unlikely to get any frist team action this season for various reasons; Mattia Acari, Marco Pasaretti, Junior Cearense, Hugh Durrant, (all need to develop a bit), and Josh McEachran (unwanted).

Yes the squad is big, but there are alot of players in it who are in the teens/early twenties who are there for the experience.

Preseason 2021/22 Continued

Preseason Friendlies

preseasonfixssummer2021.png

Some good workouts for the boys, with many of the games not actually quite as easy as they look as I tried out some different things with my new formation. The Hearts game was to do with the fact that we had the Community Shield against Spurs three days later, and I rested the side we were going to start with in that game.

Community Shield

csfixturesaug2021.png

Not a great performance, despite what the 3-0 scoreline suggets. We'll need to do much better when the season kicks off if we want to win a fourth title in a row, nevermind conquer Europe.

Time to crack on with the league campaign, and first up is a trip to Wolves.

How do Hart's attributes look like in 2021?

Is he still England #1?

He isn't England goalkeeper anymore - retiring from international duty in 2020 i think.

I'll check for certain later and post a screenie when i'm home from work.

Necati Yildiz :cool:.

He's easily my best free transfef on any FM for a long time. :cool:

Bought in some great players there. Preseason gone well too so you look set for a great start.

Cheer dude. Hopefully we can get a good lead built up so we can concerntrate on the Champions League.

Thomas Lewis' Career - August 2021 - Manchester City

Premier League

plfixturesaug2021.png

pltableaug2021.png

A great start to the season for us, with three wins from three. We opened with a 3-0 win away at Wolves - a game we totally dominated and could have won by more had our finishing ben better. Spurs were next at home, and it was really as cmfortable as it looks. However, it was annoying that we couldn't open them up from open play - all three of our goals came from set pieces. The month ended with a comfortable win against newly promoted Huddersfield.

Next up is a trip to Everton.

Champions League Group Stage Draw

The poor showings from City in Europe before I took over have finally caught up with us, as this year we were relegated to the second set of seeds for the Champions League group stage draw.

clgroupdrawaug2021.png

In all honesty it could have been worse, and I would expect us to go through as group winners to be honest. On our day we're stronger than Milan.

Not the easiest of groups on paper, but like you say, you should top it.

Excellent start in the league :thup:.

I think Milan away is the nly game we really need to be concerned about, and that is the sixth group game so I would expect us to be through by then!

Atleast you didn't get group H :D

Indeed! Dortmund have just ended Bayern's winning Bundesliga title record, (they had won nine titles in a row until last term), and Juventus have become the first Italian side to win two Serie A titles in a row on my save. Crazy league!

Just be glad it's not my Milan ;) Definitely got a good chance of winning.

Haha I definitely am! This Milan arent a patch on yours! ;)

Indeed! Dortmund have just ended Bayern's winning Bundesliga title record, (they had won nine titles in a row until last term), and Juventus have become the first Italian side to win two Serie A titles in a row on my save. Crazy league!

Pffft....and you said my save was boring ;).

Thomas Lewis' Career - September 2021 - Manchester City

Premier League

plfixturessep2021.png

pltablesep2021.png

I can't complain about September really. A good win at Everton was followed up by a dominant performance against West Brom - though we couldn't finish and squaeaked through 1-0. After the international break we drew 0-0 at Chelsea, which despite their league position are always a tough match.

League Cup - 3rd Roound

lcfixturessep2021.png

A very performance, and what a way for Necati Yildiz to announce himself to the supporters. Hopefully it is a sign of things to come from him. In the next round we face Newcaste at the Etihad.

September 2021 Continued

Champions League

clfixturessep2021.png

cltablesep2021.png

A superb start to this seasons Champions League campaign sees us take pole position going into a double header against Anderlecht. Jason Malpass has also showed his quality in the early games - lets hope he can keep it up!

How do Hart's attributes look like in 2021?

Is he still England #1?

He isn't England goalkeeper anymore - retiring from international duty in 2020 i think.

I'll check for certain later and post a screenie when i'm home from work.

Sorry I forgot to post a screenie of him earlier; clicky!

As I thought, he did retire from international football after 2020 European Championhips.

Thomas Lewis' Career - October 2021 - Manchester City

Premier League

plfixturesoct2021.png

pltableoct2021.png

A really terrific month to be honest. It started with a god win against Lancashire rivals Bolton, with Necati Yildiz getting his firt league goal for the club. We followed that with two 1-0 wins in a row at Swansea and Newcastle. We may have had to rely on centre backs scoring, (and no, both of them werem't headers from corners), but winning 1-0 away from home is becoming a habit. We rounded off the month by tonking six past Leicester. Our lead at the top is now up to six points after United had a sloppy month.

The good form this month also saw me win the Manager Of The Month award, my first of the season. Up next is Arsenal at the Etihad, and then the Manchester derby at Old Trafford.

League Cup - 4th Round

lcfixturesoct2021.png

Poor performance from the side. I rotated things and we were struggling, thankfully the regulars on the bench came on to get us through. Watford away in the quarter finals is our reward.

October 2021 Continued

Champions League

clfixturesoct2021.png

cltableoct2021.png

Awful performance, and we were lucky to get away with a draw as Joe Hart had to pull off a great save in the last few minutes to keep it at 0-0. I expect better when they travel to the Etihad on matchday four.

Like SRL88's thread, this is also a stunning read... Love the look of Necati Yildiz, look like he could start firing any moment.

What's your long-term plan? Will you stay at City?

For starters, thank you for the kind of words. As I addressed in my opening post the idea for such a thread, and indeed save came after reading SRL88's magnificent thread - a friend of mine on the boards for sometime.

Long term? Well I don't know. I want to win the Champions League before leaving City, but I have also become far too attached to Jaon Malpass. I'm extremely tempted to stay with them just so I can remain manager of him. Sad I know, but I've nutured him for so long now I don't wan't to let him go!

For starters, thank you for the kind of words. As I addressed in my opening post the idea for such a thread, and indeed save came after reading SRL88's magnificent thread - a friend of mine on the boards for sometime.

Long term? Well I don't know. I want to win the Champions League before leaving City, but I have also become far too attached to Jaon Malpass. I'm extremely tempted to stay with them just so I can remain manager of him. Sad I know, but I've nutured him for so long now I don't wan't to let him go!

The bold deserves a :brock:.

The second part is completely understandable. I half didnt want to resign from Liverpool just so I could continue to play Chris Ord until he broke our goalscoring record.

The second part is completely understandable. I half didnt want to resign from Liverpool just so I could continue to play Chris Ord until he broke our goalscoring record.

I suppose the difference is the word "our". In terms of the club, I have no interest in City whatsoever, it's purely Malpass who I'm interested in! :D

Tom u have to let the baby bird out of the nest so it can spread its wings ;)

But I don't want to. :(

But I don't want to. :(

But Sirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, I dont want to :D.

I understand the annoyance at the Real link, but you have set your ambitions to win the Champions League with Man City. You have to achieve that first surely?

I can understand the attachment to a player, especially if he's grown up with the club. Tough to leave.

Not even grown up with City - he started at United!

It's just I bought him at Swansea, nutured him into an internatinal legend with England, then spent ages getting him to City! I feel like he's mine. :(

I understand the annoyance at the Real link, but you have set your ambitions to win the Champions League with Man City. You have to achieve that first surely?

Oh hell yeah.

Look back at my career; I never walk away from a job without achieving my objective.

Thomas Lewis' Career - November 2021 - Manchester City

Premier League

plfixturesnov2021.png

pltablenov2021.png

Well before the month tarted I would have taken even points from thee three games, but after winning the first two I was a little disappointed not to round it off with a win againt Liverpool. If the win at home to Arsenal was excellent, then the win at Old Trafford was simply outstanding. We took the lead after just a minute, and then just stopped them from playing. We even missed a penalty, but it didn't matter in the end. The draw against Liverpol was harsh - we were very good, just suffered after poor finishing. Still, a good month and I'm delighted with the position we're in.

Next up in the league is a trip to Villa Park.

November 2021 Continued

Champions League

clfixturesnov2021.png

cltablenov2021.png

A couple of solid wins have meant that we go into matchday six in Milan knowing a draw will mean we top the group. It wasn't great against Anderlecht, but we got the job done. And then against Galatasary a rotated side put in a good performance, with Necati Yildiz the star man against his countrymen.

So after recently declining the opportunity to take over at Real Mardid, (I was offered a staggering transfer budget of £486million!!), I reached another milestone at City;

200thcitygamedec2021.png

I could have gone to Madrid, but instead I'd rather be away at Wigan in the rain on Boxing Day. :cool:

Archived