Tomtuck's First FM Career Adventure

tomtuck01

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Undefeated in the league! Not bad ;)

Cheers. I've surpassed the record for the league which I previously achieved when incharge of Swansea.

Weirdly though there was no new item about it, as there also wasn't when I did it with the Swans. :confused:

200px-Manchester_City.svg.png

Thomas Lewis' Career - April 2021 - Manchester City

Premier League

plfixturesapr2021.png

pltableapr2021.png

We had a decent month really, but lost our long unbeaten Premier League run along the way, which in actual fact was achived in March, though because I got no news item about it I didn't know at the time!

We opened up the month with a 4-1 win against Newcastle, with Danny Welbeck again netting for us. However, we lost for the first time in 56 league games against Swansea - how ironic that it was my old club and the previous record holder that ended out run. That defeat also ended an unbeaten record overall aswell, that stretched 59 games to April 2020 when Barcelona defeated us. Aswell as ending those two records, that defeat came in the middle of four games without a win in all competitions, which is detailed further in this month update.

We bounced back though with two excellent wins the end of the season to see us finish the month needing just one win from our final three games to secure the title.

FA Cup - Semi Final

facfixturesapr2021.png

Well our chances of a third dometic treble in a row have come to an end. Chelsea have improved since Alan Shearer took charge back in early February, but I still think we should have defeated them. We fell behind early but equalised very late in in normal time, and then we had to do the same in extra time which we managed. When the penalties came we fluffed our lines and lot the shootout 4-2.

April 2021 Continued

Champions League Quarter Final - 1st And 2nd Leg

clfixturesapr2021.png

Out in the quarter finals again. And out by the same 2-1 scoreline again. The first leg was the start of our four match run without a win, and it was a game we should have won. Possession was 55-45% in our favour, and attempts we 13-7 in our favour, but without Jason Malpass, Neymar, and Martin Trgovcevic (all injured) and Danny Welbeck and Scott Sinclair (ineligible) we wre lacking someone the finish off all our good work. We paid the preice in the 86th minute when the usually reliable Joe Hart spilled a shot and aloud them a tap in.

For the second leg we had the same problems with ineligibility and injuries, as Martin Trgovcevic (only 78% fitness) was the only player who could be considered for the matchday squad out of the trio of injured strikers. However Nduka Agu put us ahead on the stroke of halftime, making it 1-1 on aggregate. The second period went like much of the first leg; us dominating but unable to score. In the 85th minute Arsenal sprung a counter attack and nicked it, and thus ended our Champions League dream for another season.

Shame that unbeaten run came to an end but at least 1 more victory will secure yet another league title.

Unlucky on losing out to Chelsea. Who do they go on to face now?

Shame that unbeaten run came to an end but at least 1 more victory will secure yet another league title.

Unlucky on losing out to Chelsea. Who do they go on to face now?

I guess it was typical that it would be Swansea who ended it/them aswell! :D

Chelsea play Tottenham, who battered Everton 4-1 in the other semi.

Out to Arsenal in Europe as well :(.

Yep. :(

In all fairness we couldn't have done anything more. To be the missing that array of attacking talent was always going to make it tougher. It's just annoying that out of four Champions League quarter final matches in two seasons Jason Malpass has missed three with injury!

Do you mean formation and team instructions? And of which formation - I pressume the one I currently use most?

The one you use most with your team instructions yeah :).

Cheers fella :brock:.

Yes, I used the new smiley :cool:.[/QUOTe]

Haha the greateast silie on the forums by a mile.

And yes, my tactic is pretty dull.

Revenge of the Swans?

Bad luck. Amazing season otherwise though.

Thanks alot. :thup:

The Swans have really toughened up this term since Quique Flores took over frmom Carlo Ancelotti. They've secured Champions League football again for next season.

Haha the greateast silie on the forums by a mile.

And yes, my tactic is pretty dull.

Its a very contained formation which allows you to dominate possession which is why you have won so many games without conceding.

They have probably spent the 70million they got from malpass :p

A fair bit of it yes, but not all. They have sold a few other players since then aswell.

Its a very contained formation which allows you to dominate possession which is why you have won so many games without conceding.

If you think that's contained then you shoul check out the new one. :D

Unlucky in Europe and the FA Cup but your close to winning the league which is a good thing.
Unlucky in europe, you should be able to go further next season.

In Europe I think we are so close. Both years we have had such close games in the quarter finals, but we've suffered with having players missing for those games. Hopefully next eason we can have a bt more look in terms of injuries in the latter stages of the season.

Got the league as consolation.

Not a bad consolation!

Thomas Lewis' Career - May 2021 - Manchester City

Premier League

plfixturesmay2021.png

pltablemay2021.png

A nice finish to the season with three wins from three. The title was wrapped up against Wigan with a 2-1 win. It was very comfortable to be honest - we were 2-0 up at the break and Wigan got a consolation late on. The title was ours for a third time in a row.

We ended the season with two excellent wins against Arsenal at home and then away at Anfield against Liverpool. The only disappointing thing from those games was that the goal conceded against Liverpool meant that we did make it into double figures for goals conceded in the league.

mourapfapoty202021.png

Superb season from Lucas Moura. He ended the league eason with ten goal and nine assits from 31 appearances.

hartgoldenglove202021.png

The third year in a row that Joe Hart has won this award. He's 34 now, but still in great nick.

pfatoty202021.png

As with last season, we finished with five players in the PFA Team Of The Year.

clgoldenbootwinner2021n.png

As much as what it is great to have a player of mine win this, it's a bit of joke in a way, as all his seven goals came in two games against Rangers.

cldreamteam202021.png

Great to have a couple of players picked in this side again.

Thomas Lewis' Career - Season Review 2020/21 - Manchester City

Premier League

Results 1 - Results 2 - Final Table (Champions)

So it's a hattrick of titles for Manchester City! We were excellent in the first half of the season, winning fifteen of our nineteen games. The second half was a touch tougher. We were competing on alot of fronts and the squad had to be rotated at times. We also lost our 56 match unbeaten record, which is a Premier League record.

Cleansheets were the mainstay of the season, and in the first half on the campaign we conceded jut two goals. In the second half we weren't quite as tight at the back and we let in eight goals in nineteen games. That makes it ten altogether, and in all honety it was a bit gutting that the last of those goals came in the last game of the season as it would have been amazing to concede single figures.

FA Cup

Eliminated in the Semi Finals

Saddly we couldn't net a third FA cup win in a row. We weren't a our best against Chelsea, but we really hould have beaten them. When it came to the shootout, Chelsea were more composed and got their reward.

Chelsea went n to lose the final, going down 2-0 to Tottenham.

League Cup

Winners

Yet another League Cup winners medal for my mantle piece! For the club it was the third time in a row that the trophy has been lifted. We were excellent throughout the competition, with the players who came into the side really impressing. Our finishing in the final wasn't great, but our play was excellent and we thoroughly deserved our 1-0 win.

Hopefully next term we can equal the record of four trophies in a row, held by Liverpool and Swansea.

Champions League

Eliminate in the Quarter Finals

For a second season in a row we were eliminated in the quarter finals 2-1 on aggregate. We breezed through the group tages, winning five of our six matches, including a tremendous 7-0 win at home to Zeljeznicar. The 1st knockout round saw us beat Atletico Madrid 5-1 on aggregate, with the first leg a cracking 1-0 win in the Vicente Calderon. In the quarters we fell to Arsenal. Both legs were incredibly close, and another time it could have gone our way. Can't really complain.

Real Madrid won the tournament, beating arch rivals Barcelona 3-2 in the final.

Other Info

Squad Stats - Transfers - Finances

The one thing I can say that really stands out in the squad stats is passing accuracy - all but three players are above 80% which is remarkable. I was a little disappointed however that only one player scored over 20 goals.

There was alot of transfer activity again, but I don't expect much this summer. Danny Welbeck is joining us permanently in the summer, and I might give Scott Sinclair a one year contract. Both have made a definite impact since joining the club.

Our finances have improved alot from this time last year. That is partly due to the new sponsorship deals and the increased revenue because of the stadium expanison, but also rather disappointingly it is down to further investments from the chairman. Over the next year I want to see him investing less as we become more sustainable on our own.

Top 3 Players

Jason Malpass

It wasn't a brillianrt season from him, but still very good. Injuries again destablised his campaign, and he had a bit of a dip in form in the last three months of the season, when he score just seven goals in fifteen appearances. Still, his return was decent enough.

Lucas Moura

A great campaign, his best yet in a City shirt. More of the same next term would be most welcome.

Joe Hart

Just outstanding. Hopefully he has another few years at the top level yet.

What Next

Champions League glory, hopefully.

Tottenham's doing a whole lot better in your world than in mine!! In the 2017-2018 season in my save, they just finished in 18th and are being relegated!

Tottenham's doing a whole lot better in your world than in mine!! In the 2017-2018 season in my save, they just finished in 18th and are being relegated!

Michael Laudrup has slowly being building them up. They actually won the title in his first season with them back 2013/14, and they've won a few trophies since then aswell as qualifying for the Champions League most seasons. He's done a superb job.

Still a cracking season. A European trophy is needed though.

I certainly agree. The European Cup is the priority.

Thomas Lewis' Career - Season Preview - 2021/22 - Manchester City

Board Expectations

Premier Legaue: Win it

FA Cup: Win it

League Cup: Not important

Champions League: Reach the final

Community Shield: Not important

Personal Expectations

Premier League: I want to win it, but the Champions League is the priority

FA Cup: As above

League Cup: A 4th in a row again for me personally would be great

Champions League: Just get past the quarter finals!

Community Shield: It's a trophy - win it

Budgets

Transfer: £73,864,286

Wages: £3,979,976 (Currently spending £2,241,376)

Balance: £78,166,541 (Up £48,985,463 from last year)

I may say that I just want to advance further than the quater finals in the Champions League, but it is the prority - as it will be every season until I win it.

Great read Tom :thup: You're tempting me to do a Career Thread. What are your plans after City? Surely there can't be much else to achieve.

Thanks alot buddy. :)

Well I've got another two years to run on my contract and I don't think I'll stay on after that. The only thing tempting me is Jason Malpass, as I don't think I'd be able to sign him if I went to another club and I'm kind of attached to him. That's something I'll have to give some thought.

Well I've posted this in the Good player Team Guide, and I'll pop it in here aswell;

Buying

Player Name: Gregg Morton

Your Team: Manchester City

Selling Club: Watford

Player's Value: £2.2million

Offer: Worth up to £24million - £9.5million upfront, £10million over 24 months, £1.5million after 40 League apps, £1million after 1 International app, £40,000 per League appearance for 50 appearances - £20k p/w wages agreed

Transfer/Wage Budget: I'm City, it's pretty money is no object

Patch: 12.2.2

Season: Start Of season 10

Now I know it's a massive fee, but he's very good already for just 17 years old. He has four star potential and he really could be something special given the right training and tutoring.

I would say buy Tom. Its not as though spending this money will be a risk at Man City, and as you say, if developed correctly, it could be one of the better deals you could make.

Its a reasonable deal I guess.

I now it's alot, but it's an investment for the future.

Theo Walcott cost £10m+ and he hasnt exactly developed into a fantastic player. I have more faith in you developing talent :p.

Haha why thank you.

Archived