Tomtuck's First FM Career Adventure

tomtuck01

Swansea in 2nd is interesting.

Indeed Mancini has done a great job with them. I am a bit worried that they could be even stronger next season if they splash the cash they'll get from the Malpass tranfer.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Excellent season although I wasn't expecting to see Swansea in 2nd :eek:

I'm delighted for them to be honest. After Benitez ruined them last season, I thought it was the beginning of the end for them. But Mancini has revived them this term with some shrewd signings, and as you can see from their goals for tally, some exciting football.

200px-Manchester_City.svg.png

Thomas Lewis' Career - Season Review 2018/19 - Manchester City

Premier League

Results 1 - Results 2 - Final Table (1st, Champions)

Last season the club finished sixth in the table, a whopping 37 points worse off than what we achieved this term. After our transfer activity in the summer I thought we could challenge for the title, but this was simply sensational. Most of it was down to our outstanding start - we won fourteen of our opening fifteen games - and from then on we never looked back. The second half of the season was a bit tougher, but we won eight of our last nine games to finish the season in style. This was the clubs first league title since 1968.

FA Cup

Winners

The clubs seventh FA Cup overall, and the first since 2014. We faced a few sides from the Championship along the way, most notably in the semi-final and final, but it doesn't belittle our achievement in any way. In the final we gave a domineering performance, defeating West Ham of the Championship 2-0.

League Cup

Winners

For the first time since 1976 the League Cup was lifted by the Citizens. For me it was a fifth League Cup victory in six years. To win it by knocking out three Lancashire rivals made it even sweeter. We were brilliant in the final, winning 5-1 against Championship side Aston Villa.

Other Info

Squad - Transfers - Finances

The squad performed exceptionally throughout the season. The big money signings Neymar, Lucas Moura, and Nestor Schmidt all justified their massive fee's, and another big player was Edinon Cavani, who at the age of 32 was still doing the business game in, game out.

Alot of transfer activity took place as I reshaped the squad massively. From now on I will be alot more prudent. Besides Jason Malpass coming in this summer, I don't anticipate many other signings, especially for fee's over the £20million mark.

Because of the the transfer outlay and huge wage budget the finances have taken a bit of a battering since I joined the club. Add to the fact that we weren't in European competition of any sort we missed out on a major source of income. Had it not been for three hefty cash injections from the chairman we would have been in considerable debt. Over the summer I'll be looking to offload a couple of players, and hopefully reduce the wage bill below the £100million per year mark.

Top 3 Players

Sergio Aguero

He's a pain sometimes with having the "Shoots From Long Range" PPM, but he did have a productive season. His goal tally of nineteen was solid, but his assists tally of twenty-two was excellent - he was actually the top assister in the Premier League this term. Considering his age though, next season may be his last with us.

Neymar

He cost a club record £47million, but he was worth it. In all competitions for us he was superb, but he excelled in the league, playing all but one game, finishing as the joint second top scorer, and the third highest assister. I can't wait for him to be unleashed in the Champions League next season.

Kyle Walker

Some may see this as a surprise, and probably thought one of my other attacking players would be my final pick in this list, but Walker was excellent. His consistency throughout the whole season was brilliant, and deserves to be recognised.

What Next

Look towards next season. Aswell as attempting to defend our domestic trophies, we also get to pit our wits against Europes best in the Champions League. As I said a couple of high earners will go, but we have some very good looking young prospects who look like they are ready for the step up to the first team.

Next season is going to be interesting.

My bad!! :o

It's ok, you are forgiven.

Excellent season Tombo...and Malpass :cool:.

Cheers dude. :thup:

The bald man is fit again after his injury lay off and ready for preseason. His first competitive game - Swansea in the Community Shield!

Thomas Lewis' Career - Season Preview - 2019/20 - Manchester City

Board Expectations

Premier Legaue: Win it

FA Cup: Win it

League Cup: Not important

Champions League: Reach the semi-final stage

Community Shield: Not important

Personal Expectations

Premier League: Would love to retain it

FA Cup: As with last season, I would be happy to get to the semi's

League Cup: A sixth triumph for me personally would be great

Champions League: I'd take a place in the quarter finals, and from there who knows

Community Shield: It's againt my old club, we have win

Budgets

Transfer: £94,081,734

Wages: £3,980,312 (Currently spending £2,088,149)

Balance: £20,447,776 (Down £51,974,173 from last season)

So after last seasons success the board is expecting alot this term, but I'm confident we can achieve our goals. The finances have taken a bit of a battering since I took over due to the reshaping of the squad and purchase of the stadium, but this term I expect them to do better due to our involvment in the Champions League.

Also I hope to bring the wage expenditure down before the end of the transfer window, as there are a few high earners who I am looking to offload.

Ive had similar news regarding selling Fuska on my Liverpool save.

With me it has been Cavani who they have got most upset about.

But from my point of view, he's 32 now, was on £235,000 p/w, and wasnt willing to lower his wages. To get £10million for him was cracking i thought!

Thats common sense though. Fans dont see it that way :rolleyes:.

I sold Fuska who had just turned 29, was entering the last year of his contract and wanted to sign a new deal worth £150k p/w. No thanks fella. On you go!! Sold for £11.5m.

Cavani was the same, as in he was also in that lats year of his contract. I would have kept him had he just lowered his wages slightly, say to £200,000 p/w. That would have saved me over £1.5million over the course of a year.

Silly Uruguayan.

Thomas Lewis' Career - Preseason - 2019/20 - Manchester City

Transfers

summertransfercity2019.png

(Two youth players given free transfers are cut off the top of the "Players Out" list, as is Darijo Srna, who has retired and joined the coaching staff).

So a busy, and in the end, expensive transfer window. I hadn't planned on making any expensive signings after shelling out so much for Malpass, but circumstances dictated otherwise. (Basically this means some players I have tracked for a while became available!). We brought in half of what we played out though, and have managed to cut wage expenditure ever so slightly.

Douglas

With Gael Clichy not getting any younger a new left back was needed, and Douglas stood out to me. He is young, with a lot of very good stats already. He hasn't reached his potential yet, and hopefully some tutoring from Clichy can help him reach it.

Jason Malpass

It took a lot of negotiating to get him, and indeed he cost a lot of money, but finally he is mine! Having worked with him at Swansea and with England, I know how effective he can be. I hope to see the goals flowing soon. £40million of his fee will be paid over 48 months.

Davor Dovecer

He has come in as third choice goalkeeper, but in all hojnesty he looks very good! He was three and a half tar potential and could turn into a top drawer player given the right training/tutoring/etc.

Mauro Vasquez

As I said further up the page, I wasn't planning on making any other big signings, (fee's above £15million), but Vasquez is someone I have trailed for a while, and when he became available I couldn't say no. His bet role is supposedly as a holding midfielder, but just look at attributes! It's fair to say I have other plans for him!

Laurent Koffi

He's 17 and look at him! I can sign him at anytime for £20million, but I hope to get the price down to between £8-12million.

Gerard Deulofeu

I chased him when I was with Swansea - loan or transfer I just couldn't get him. Rafa Benitez signed him for the Swans not long after I left, and he had two very good seasons for them. But this summer he was tranfer listed by request, and for the price he was available for it was a no-brainer.

Christopher Samba

Salvatore Bocchetti picked up an injury ruling him out for 3 months, so cover was needed. Samba's loan deal cost just £90,000, and the club only have to pay half of his wages, which is £30,000 p/w.

squadlistaugust2019.png

I'm very happy with the squad. It has a much younger look to it than when I took over the club in June 2018. I am disappinted about the laack of Englishmen in it, though I blame that on the previous managers for not investing in English/British talent.

Any screenhots of regens you want to see I'll be happy to post.

Preseason 2019/20 Continued

Preseason Friendlies

preseasonfixtures2019.png

As is usually the case with me, we had a very small amount of preseason games. We had good performances in all three games, with my strikers getting on the score sheet, which should stand them in good stead for the start of the season.

Community Shield

csfixtures2019.png

Another trophy secured, and this one was one against my former club. It wasn't easy, indeed Swansea played very well under their new manager Carlo Ancelotti. However we took our chances and ran out comfortable 3-1 winners.

The Premier League gets underway very soon, and our first game is against Newcastle at the Etihad.

Thomas Lewis' Career - August 2019 - Manchester City

Premier League

plfixturesaug2019.png

pltableaug2019.png

A good tart to the league season then, with two wins from two. We weren't great against Newcastle, but sneaked the win. At West Brom though were outstanding, and in truth it could have been more than four. Both Malpass and Deulofeu got their first goals in a City shirt too, which was very pleasing.

Thanks to our two wins, the manager of the month award came my way for August.

Champions League Draw

Despite a eason out of Europe we were still amonst the top eeds for the Champions League group stage draw. Here is the group we have been handed for our first year in the Champions League under my leadership;

clgroupdrawaug2019.png

It should be fairly easy to navigate, I would have thought.

And here are the rest of the groups;

otherclgroupsaug2019.png

It looks like we dodged a few tricky looking groups!

Excellent set of transfers, even though you laid out a little more than intended. It's not like you're short on funds anyway :lol: Hopefully the new signings gel with the squad quickly, you've definitely got a shot at replicating your final season with Swansea.

Excellent set of transfers, even though you laid out a little more than intended. It's not like you're short on funds anyway :lol: Hopefully the new signings gel with the squad quickly, you've definitely got a shot at replicating your final season with Swansea.

I know, it's hard not to spend it when it's there. :(

To be fair all the players were needed, partly because of the quality of the players we sold, partly because the youngsters in the reserves/youth team aren't quite ready for such an important role in the first team. Next summer, barring a disaster this term, I want to limit the spending.

Thomas Lewis' Career - September 2019 - Manchester City

Premier League

plfixturessep2019.png

pltablesep2019.png

A good month for us, with the only dropped points coming in a 0-0 draw away against Liverpool - which is never a bad result. We started excellently with a 4-1 win over Fulham, before that draw at Liverpool after the internatinal break. That was followed up by a stunning hattrick from Lucas Moura in a 3-0 win over Spurs. The end of the month saw us grind out a 2-0 win at QPR, where the breakthrough didn't come until the 70th minute, though it was thoroughly deserved.

Once again our performances this month saw me take the Manager Of The Month award once again.

League Cup - 3rd Round

lcfixturessep2019.png

Not a great performance against the side we beat in last years final, but the team had been changed around alot and was therefore a little disjointed. Still, we got through and that's the main thing.

September 2019 Continued

Champions League

clfixturessep2019.png

cltablesep2019.png

These are the kind of matches the big money signings are made for; tight games which look like finishing in a draw. Neymar popped up with the winner, slotting in Martin Trgovcevic's wonderful pass.

Thomas Lewis' Career - October 2019 - Manchester City

Premier League

plfixturesoct2019.png

pltableoct2019.png

Another terrific month for us as we maintained our excellent start to the season. We opened up the month with a very good win against my old club Swansea, and after that we travelled to Bolton with Jason Malpass having gone six games without a win. However, against Bolton he came back to form with a stunning hattrick in the 4-1 win, and he just for good measure he even set up Neymar's goal. The month ended with the Manchester derby, and the kind of game that Malpass was bught for. He didn't disappoint, and hit another hattrick in the 3-0 vicotry.

For the third month in a row this season I lifted the Manager Of The Month award.

League Cup - 4th Round

lcfixturesoct2019.png

Another tight League Cup game with a side that was switched around alot. Creedit to the players to be fair, we went down to ten men after 50mins and Bolton equalised straight away, but we re-grouped and went on to grab a winning goal.

In the quarter finals we are at home to high flying Newcastle.

October 2019 Continued

Champions League

clfixturesoct2019r.png

cltableoct2019.png

Not a great performance in Switzerland. Indeed they probably deserved to win, but we defended decently and clung on for a point. We were better against PSV, even if we did benefit from two own goals, and keep our noses just ahead of Porto at the top of the group.

Its ok Tom, I will let you off.

Cheers. :D

Great work so far this season! Malpass is beginning to pay back some of his fee

He is yes. Funny though as he seems to do so poorly in home games. Reckon the fans must get on his back at the Etihad. :D

Archived