tomtuck01

Tomtuck's First FM Career Adventure

2,520 posts in this topic

Great work winning the Confederations Cup. All seemed destined for you to get knocked out by Brazil but brilliant performance. You also continue to go from strength to strength in your qualifying group :thup:.

Well i wouldnt have been surprised. They use the so-called "magic box" and just seem to grind results out, no matter who they're up against.

I'm that sure of qualification i've already got two November friendlies set up against Argentina and Ghana. :cool:

Well i wouldnt have been surprised. They use the so-called "magic box" and just seem to grind results out, no matter who they're up against.

I'm that sure of qualification i've already got two November friendlies set up against Argentina and Ghana. :cool:

I half want Argentina to win following my adventure with them :lol:.

I half want Argentina to win following my adventure with them :lol:.

Anymore comments like that and I'll see that you're banned from this thread! :D

first signing for your next club Malpass! He is Immense!

first signing for your next club Malpass! He is Immense!

Oh don't worry, I already had that in mind!

160px-England_crest_2009.svg.png

Thomas Lewis Career - October 2017 - England

World Cup Qualifying

wcqfixturesoct2017.png

wcqtableoct2017.png

Qualification secured! Two pretty decent wins, as we were once again missing a few players through injury. We really had to reshuffle upfront against Lithuania, as Wayne Rooney was still missing and Jason Malpass was ruled out with a strain. Still, we ran out comfortable 4-0 winners, with Raheem Sterling grabbing his first goal for his country.

That result ensured our qualification;

englandqualifiedoct2017.png

Our performance against Poland wasn't very good, but we managed to come away from the Polish capital with a 2-1 victory to finish the group five points ahead of France.

Very surprisingly, Spain missed out on even getting a playoff spot as they were the worst runners-up, and the Netherlands had to settle for a place in the playoffs after finishing second in their group to Germany.

Also, this message popped up after the Lithuania game;

unbeatenrecordoct2017.png

I have been incharge of the side for eighteen of those 24 games. Of course after the Poland game, it is 25 unbeaten! :cool:

Congrats on winning the Confederations Cup as well as qualifying for the World Cup with ease.

Congrats on winning the Confederations Cup as well as qualifying for the World Cup with ease.

Cheers dude. :thup:

Eagerly awaiting the World Cup draw now!

I'm guessing "world" is one of those words you can't help mistyping? Lots of "wolrds" going on! I use to struggle with "the". Would always type "teh".

I'm guessing "world" is one of those words you can't help mistyping? Lots of "wolrds" going on! I use to struggle with "the". Would always type "teh".

Fixed for your benefit!

Thomas Lewis Career - November 2017 - England

International Friendlies

friendlyargentinanov201.png

A very good performance against the side currently third in the FIFA World Rankings. Most of their efforts came before they had a man sent off, but a fair few of them were from long rage and not too much trouble for Joe Hart. We kept it well after they went down to ten men and tok the 2-0 win fairly easily.

friendlyghananov2017.png

I may have made a few changes for this game - both Jake Livermore and Ross Barkley made their debuts, and I rested captain Phil Jones, but still the performance was unacceptable. We won via a set piece, with the stand-in captain getting it.

The draw for the World Cup is just days away now. I can't wait to see who we get.

December 1st 2017, 166 days after taking charge..........

rafamessingupdec2017.png

Didn't take him ****ing long, did it?

Thomas Lewis Career - England

FIFA 2018 World Cup Draw

worldcupdrawdec2017.png

FA Expectations

World Cup: Reach the semi finals

Personal Expectations

World Cup: Win it

Well I have to go all for it, don't I? The group isn't as easy as it could have been, but we should certainly get through it and from there it's a lottery. I plan to leave the job after the World Cup, so I intend to lead my country to glory.

Wishing you good luck for the upcoming world cup, i believe you can win the major tournament! looking forward to seeing which club team you next become manager of though

Wishing you good luck for the upcoming world cup, i believe you can win the major tournament! looking forward to seeing which club team you next become manager of though

Cheers. :thup:

Must say i am starting to get itchy feet and eager to get back into club management. So far there have been a few offers, but nothing that has tempted me. There could be a job going free in South Wales soon though.......

I would expect you to take at least 7pts from your three games in that group.

I would expect you to take at least 7pts from your three games in that group.
Probably all 9.

I'll take whatever we get, be it five, six, or whatever, as long as we get through to the next round.

My glasses may need cleaning but is there no Spain in the World Cup? What happened to them?

Good luck dude qualifying from that group should be simple enough.

My glasses may need cleaning but is there no Spain in the World Cup? What happened to them?

Good luck dude qualifying from that group should be simple enough.

I think he said that they came runner up in their group but got the least amount of points out of all the runners up, therefore not making it into the playoffs. :D

They were the worst of the nine runners-upand didn't even make the playoffs.

The Netherlands aren't there either, France beat them in the playoffs.

decent Draw there :p

Only the French should give us any real problems.

I think he said that they came runner up in their group but got the least amount of points out of all the runners up, therefore not making it into the playoffs. :D

Indeed, he did!

They've had problems at international over the years. Rafa Benitez failed spectacularly at Euro 2016, and then they appointed a regen manager. He is pretty good to be honest, but it just hasn't worked for him at all.

Thomas Lewis Career - March 2018 - England

International Friendly

friendlynigeriahomemar2.png

A very good performance from us. Nigeria are a very solid 24th in the FIFA World Rankings, and the beat them in such a fashion was excellent. Raheem Sterling made his first start in an England shirt, and he played well, creating a goal. It looks like he wll certainly make the World Cup squad.

Sterling may be going great, but a couple of players from former club Swansea are struggling right now. Leon Britton, such an important part of the side, is without a club after hs contract was terminated. Josh McEachran is in the reserves and transfer listed, and Henri Lansbury and Kyle Bartley are struggling to get regular starts.

The question is, would you still take them to the World Cup? I am kind of unsure.

Typical AI managment destroying the team you made Champions League winners. I would take them to the World Cup - they got you there didn't they?

Typical AI managment destroying the team you made Champions League winners. I would take them to the World Cup - they got you there didn't they?

I have decided you are right. Players like Britton and Lansbury have been vital parts of my England side, so they should continue to be so.

I have decided you are right. Players like Britton and Lansbury have been vital parts of my England side, so they should continue to be so.

It seems Roberto Mancini's second stint with City ended as dramatically as his last;

mancitylinkmay2018.png

The Swansea job is also available - Rafa was sacked after Swansea finished just 8th in the Premier League table.

Do city still have the oil money?

Oh hell yeah! Been offered the job with a transfer budget of £91million!

you gunna accept?

Don't know. Can't wait until after the World Cup unfortunately, so I have delayed it a week to think it over.

Man Utd fan taking the Man City job, hmmmmmmmmmm!!!

Man Utd fan taking the Man City job, hmmmmmmmmmm!!!

I support no one, I am a professional.

what a tempting offer, i would just jump back into action with Man.City and begin mission dominate the world!!

what a tempting offer, i would just jump back into action with Man.City and begin mission dominate the world!!

I have reservations on the basis that they haven't qualified for Europe.

How long do you plan on staying there?

Don't know. I reduced the length of contract from five years to three, so I'll just see.

Guess it will be cut the numbers in the team down or has that been done?

That's been done, but there is a much bigger issue than that; the age of the players! Of the 20 players in the first team squad upon taking over, only eight of them are under the age of thirty!

Thomas Lewis Career - May 2018 - England

2018 World Cup Squad

worldcupsquad2018.png

The squad is exactly the same as for the Confederations Cup a year ago, with the exception of Raheem Sterling coming into the squad for Jack Robinson. It means we have one less defender, but another attacking option.

Suppose the money was to hard to turn down at Man City. Could you link your regens in the World Cup Squad please?

Suppose the money was to hard to turn down at Man City. Could you link your regens in the World Cup Squad please?

All two of them! No problem;

Nicholas De Havilland

Jason Malpass

No shortage of resources then.

Indeed. Can't wait to get stuck into it!