Tomtuck's First FM Career Adventure

tomtuck01

Things are going unbelievably well, I hope you can win the quad but there is a chance you could go unbeaten and not win the league, I don't think I have ever seen that on FM before. Good luck dude.

In all honesty i would just settle for retaining the league title. To do that with Swansea would probably be my greatest FM achievement.

You should rename the League Cup as the Tom Lewis Cup :cool:.

I like your thinking. :thup:

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
just had a good read all 7 pages tomtuck ..very impressive ...well done bro on all you success and your fantastic management , looking forward to future updates mate :)

Thanks alot. It's always nicf to have new people reading and commenting on the thred.

And don't worry, barring my save corrupting i'll be on this save for a long time yet!

160px-England_crest_2009.svg.png

Thomas Lewis' Career - March 2017 - England

World Cup Qualifying

smarch2017.png

wcqtablemarch2017.png

As close as this game looks, it was more than comfortable for us. We dominated with 61% possession, and they only manahed oe shot at goal. Us on the other hand, were well off with our shooting, managing to only get four out of fourteen shots on target. Still, it was a nice comeback to give us a 2-1 win.

Up next is San Marino in June at Wembley.

160px-England_crest_2009.svg.png

Thomas Lewis' Career - England

FIFA 2017 Confederations Cup Draw

confederationscupdraw20.png

FA Expectations

Confederations Cup:Reach the final

Personal Expectations

Confederations Cup: Win it

We should certainly qualify from the group we have been given, and I'll be looking to top it. After that, who knows. Brazil aren't what they were, and if we play them at some point I would fancy us to beat them.

150px-Swansea_City_AFC_logo.svg.png

Thomas Lewis' Career - March 2017 - Swansea City

Premier League

plfixturesmar2017.png

pltablemar2017.png

A pretty good month which in my eyes would have been excellent had we managed to beat Blackburn away. However, I can't complain about the fact that we have not taken the lead in the title race and have just seven games to play.

We started the month brilliantly by defeating Manchester City 2-1 in a game that could have gone either way - we controlled the possession, but they created alot more chances. That put us level on points with them ahead of our games in hand at Blackburn, but we again failed to turn domination into goals and had to settle for the draw. We then achieved a good draw at Arsenal, though we sould have won. Already 2-1 up, they went dwn to ten men. Frm then on we cntrolled it, but Christian Eriksen decided to smash in from miles out to rescue them a point. Fortunately on the same day City could only manage a 2-2 draw at home to lowly Crystal Palace, meaning we remained top. We rounded the month off with a solid home win again Ipswich, and maintained our one point lead.

FA Cup - Quarter Final

facfixturesmar2017.png

A commanding performance from us to send us through to the semi-finals. The only disappointment was that we drew the second half 1-1. In the semi-final we face Championship midtable side Derby County, and other semi is between West London rivals Fulham and Chelsea.

March 2017 Continued

Champions League - 1st Knockout Round, 2nd Leg

clfixturesmar2017.png

A terrific performance to fire us into the Champions League quarter finals for the second year in a row. We completely dominated, having 64% f the possession, and over 20 shots at goal. Superb.

The quarter final draw looks very interesting indeed;

clqfdrawmar2017.png

Great to see Swansea in there with all those European greats!

Not to be disrespectful, but we have got the easiest draw that was available. If we get past Sporting, then we will face either Bayern Munich or Manchester United in the semi-finals.

Sorry to be a pain but any chance of a screenshot of your squad with their average ratings for the season so far, would like to see how everyone is playing.

It's not a pain at all. Here you go.

This is from the end of March. If you have any questions then feel free to ask.

I'd also lik to point out that a couple of players, including back-up goalkeeper Jack Butland, have been taken off the list because they have played so few games, and I couldn't be arsed cutting and pasting a screeshot for two or three players who have only made a couple of appearances.

juventusoffermar2017.png

Another offer from a massive club. Would be a great challenge - they may have won the Champions Leagu in 2015, but are without a Serie A title since 2003. However, my focus remains on Swansea, and I still intend to take a year out of club management at the end of the season ahead of the 2018 World Cup.

I think I am. I thought I saw Spain instead of Brazil and even read Brazil under it :lol:.

Haha time to go get those eyes tested!

Great work in the Champions League as well :thup:.

I'm stunned by our contined progress. It's great to se little Swansea amongst all them huge clubs!!

It's not a pain at all. Here you go.

This is from the end of March. If you have any questions then feel free to ask.

I'd also lik to point out that a couple of players, including back-up goalkeeper Jack Butland, have been taken off the list because they have played so few games, and I couldn't be arsed cutting and pasting a screeshot for two or three players who have only made a couple of appearances.

Nice, like the way you are getting good performances from the CM's people complain that midfielders do not get high enough ratings. Thought Joe Allen might have performed a bit better.

Nice, like the way you are getting good performances from the CM's people complain that midfielders do not get high enough ratings. Thought Joe Allen might have performed a bit better.

It's because I use him as my DM. He just makes interceptions and passes it simply, so I can understand why his Avg. Rating wouldn't be so high. Him and Leon Britton play the same role, hence why their ratings are pretty similar.

Premier League - The Race For The Title

Just thought I'd share with you the last six games of both Swansea and Manchester City. As it stands there is just a point between us, and the run in looks like being very close indeed.

Swansea City

last6swansea2017.png

Manchester City

last6city2017.png

Their run in is slightly tougher, but we both have tough away games, so it looks like it is going to be extremely close.

Given the choice i'd take your run in over theirs, fingers crossed for you that you do it! I'm rather envious of you as you have a really interesting save going, i hope my current one is half as exciting as this read has been for me. Good luck!!

Given the choice i'd take your run in over theirs, fingers crossed for you that you do it! I'm rather envious of you as you have a really interesting save going, i hope my current one is half as exciting as this read has been for me. Good luck!!

I definitely agree. If it comes to the last day aswell, they have tricky game against Tottenham, albeit at home.

Thanks for the comments on my save, it's always appreciated when nice comments are made.

That injury to Cisse is awful timing. Hopefully he'll still be the same player when he returns from injury.

He hasn't been that great this season anyway due to other little niggles. But his form had just started picking up and he'd scored four in his last five games and was taking the burden off young Jason Malpass. Hopefully Malpass can shoulder the responsibility.

Thomas Lewis' Career - April 2017 - Swansea City

Premier League

plfixturesapril2017.png

pltableapr2017.png

A really top drawer month for us, with the only dropped points coming at Anfield, and even then we earned a 0-0 draw. We started the month with two 3-0 wins, with three of the six goals coming from our fullbacks! After that we grabbed a hard fought 1-0 win at home to West Ham days after our FA Cup semi-final, and just three days after that we got what proved to be a massive 0-0 draw at Anfield to extend our lead at the top of the table to four points, as City lost 2-0 at Chelsea. We finished the month by coming from behind to beat Wolves 2-1, with Angel Rangel scoring the winner, and what could be a vital goal.

The great form of the tem this month earned me my third Manager Of The Month award this season. Hopefully a fourth will come in May and we will lift the title.

FA Cup - Semi Final

facfixturesapril2017.png

We didn't play very well in this tie, hence why we needed extra time, but we won in the end, and in an FA Cup semi-final that is the main thing. In all honesty the 3-0 win didn't flatter us, but I wish it had come sooner.

To my surprise, we will face Fulham in the FA Cup Final. Hopefully we will add another trophy to the collection.

April 2017 Continued

Champions League - Quarter Finals and Semi Final 1st Leg

clfixturesapril2017.png

A superb couple of performances against Sporting, especially the 2-0 home leg win, which we totally dominated. As with the first leg, we benefited with an own goal in the second leg to hand us a 1-0 win, and 3-0 victory on aggregate.

In the semi-final we faced Bayern Munich, who battered Manchester United 5-2 on aggregate in the quarter finals. However, in the Allianz Arena we were unreal. They peppered our goal with shot after shot, but we stood firm, and the usual man, Scott Sinclair, popped up to give us an unlikely 1-0 win. The return leg will be just as tough, but we hold a slender advantage which could be crucial.

Thomas Lewis' Career - 2016/17 - Swansea City

FA Cup Final

How We Got To The Final

facruntothefinal2017.png

Some really good performances on our run to the final. Defeating our biggest rivals, Cardiff, was a great moment for the fans, and beating Arsenal in the fifth round was as sweet as always. Having to go to extr time against Derby was frustrating, but we got through in the end and into my first FA Cup final with Swansea.

The Final

vs.Fulham

facfinal2017.png

Alot more comfortable than the scoreline suggests, but whatever the scoreline, getting the win is all that matters. We bossed possession, and had double the amount of attempts at goal than they did, it was just unfortunate that our finishing was a bit wayward. I was delighted by the scorer of what proved to be the winner - Leon Britton. At 34 now his career is winding down a bit, but he has really put in some top performances of late, and deserved his place in the starting XI ahead of Joe Allen. A real Swansea great.

Brilliant season dude, I am betting I am not the only one who is looking forward to seeing how the second leg against Bayern goes.

Indeed it i ready to post, I'm just unsure of how to order things. (I think I may have given things away by saying that!)

With our Champions League 2nd leg been early in May, I have split my May update up. In this update there will be the conclusion of the league campaign, and the Champions League 2nd leg. After that the Champins League Final, (sorry for giving away that I made it past Bayern), will be posted about, followed by the rest of my May update, with the FA Cup final and Champions League final being the focus of the attention.

Thomas Lewis' Career - May 2017 - Swansea City

Premier League

plfixturesmay2017.png

plfinaltablemay2017.png

Superb stuff to retain the title and go the season unbeaten. We secured the title with the 1-0 win over Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, as Manchester City lost later the same day at Old Trafford to Manchester United. For ur last game against Bolton I rested alot of players for a massive game that was to come just six days later, but we still managed another 1-0 win.

Champions League - Semi Final 2nd Leg

clsemi2dlegmay2017.png

Insane! A great performance by us, if not a touch frustrating aswell. We had a great first half, then seemed to lose focus and let them come back to 2-2 and put the tie back in the balance. However, we reposnded to that magnificently to with the tie 6-2 on aggregate after a sensational 5-2 victory!

Manchester City overcame Barcelona 5-4 on aggregate in the other semi-final, and would line up against us in Brussels.

Thomas Lewis' Career - 2016/17 - Swansea City

Champions League Final

How We Got To The Final

Group Stage

clgroupstage2017.png

cltabledec2016.png

A very good group stage perfroamce from us, with the only defeat coming at Inter in the game that could have gone either way. We managed to top the group on the last round of fixtures as despite our draw with Porto, Inter lost in Hannover. That could have proved crucail.

Knockout Stage

clknockoutstage2017.png

We had some sensational performances in the knockout phase of the tournament. Hammerming a team like Dynam Kiev may not seem that great an achievement, but for us, in just our second season in the Champions League, was superb. And as excellent as the home win over Bayern was, the performance in Germany was even better, the perfect European away day.

After the excellent games we had over some of Europes best, we faced a side we had jousted with all seaso on the domestic front.......

The Final

vs.Manchester City

clfinalmay2017.png

Yessss!!!!!!!!!! My delight at winning this can not be contained! I said earlier this season that retaining the Premier League title with Swansea would be my greatest FM achievement, but even that doesn't come close to this!

It may not have been a great performance, i terms of chances they bossed things, but we hung on in there thanks to excellent performances from our back four and goalkeeper to take it to penalties, and in actual fact the chances we did create were decent chances and we could indeed have won it before extra time and penalties wre even needed. Nevertheless, winning on penalties added to the drama, and I loved the fact that my captain, Michel Vorm, decided it by saving Vincent Kompany's penalty.

May 2017 Continued

FA Cup - Final

facfixturesmay2017.png

A decent performance, and the scoreline doesn't reflect our domination. This proved to be the third part of the quadruple, and it was Swansea's first FA Cup victory. Anoter remarkable achievement for the South Wales side.

Champions League - Final

clfinalfixmay2017.png

The quadruple was complete! It may have only been on penalties, but winning this trophy is of course the pinnacle of my career so far. Just amazing.

manageroftheyear2017.png

Second year in a row. Delighted!

goldenglovevorm2017.png

Also the secondyear in a row that my captain has won this award. 22 clean sheets in 38 games represents a fantastic season.

malpasspfapoty2017.png

I really don;t understand how he didn't also win the Young Player Of The Year award. Baffling.

pfateamoftheyear2017.png

I'm personally a little aggrieved that we have so few players in the PFA Team Of The Year. We won the league by nine points and went the season unbeaten, so to only have three starters is a bit of a mick take of our achievement.

Absolutely superb pal, i must say it's up there with the greatest achievements I've seen by anybody on FM!! you have a lovely looking squad i like the fact you've done all this without having many.. if any! world beaters you've managed to gain success by blending together the right set of players to suit your system, again many congratulations!!

Absolutely superb pal, i must say it's up there with the greatest achievements I've seen by anybody on FM!! you have a lovely looking squad i like the fact you've done all this without having many.. if any! world beaters you've managed to gain success by blending together the right set of players to suit your system, again many congratulations!!

Thanks alot dude.

I think I've got a few decent players with solid attributs to be fair. My newgen Jason Malpass is superb, and although Scott Sinclair hasn't got outstanding all round attributes, his pace and acceleration make him a superb Inside Forward. Also Stefan Savic is a severely underrated player here on the forums. He's been top class for me since I bought him.

But you are right, and I've said it before on the forums, that it is more about finding players that suit how you want to play.

What a ****ing season Tom :applause:. I take my hat off to you.

Thanks alot dude. :)

Got to be honest and say I really never expected this when I took the Swansea job four seasons ago, I just saw it as a stepping stone to bigger things!

Well done dude, probably the best season I have ever seen someone have on FM especially considering it is Swansea. So what's next?

Cheers mate, really appreciate the comments. :)

What is next? Well, you'll just have wait and see, because to be perfectly hnest I have been resented with a dilemma. I had of course decided earlier I would leave after this season and concerntrate on England in the run up to the 2018 World Cup, but now I'm so tempted to stay.

Thomas Lewis' Career - Season 2016/17 Review - Swansea City

Premier League

Results 1 - Results 2 - Final Table (1st, Champions)

Superb stuff from the side to retain the title. We remained unbeaten throughout the season, and we are now 50 league games unbeaten and closing in on our own record of 52. It was much closer than the final nine point margin suggests, and we only won it in our second to last game. We didn't have many high scoring victories, and infact we only scored four goals or more three times throughout the campaign. But we just very consistent all the way through the season.

FA Cup

Winners

Another first for the club, as the FA Cup was lifted for the very first time in the clubs history. We put in some good performances in the lead up to the final, including beating rivals Cardiff City 3-1 in their own backyard. In the final we won 2-1, a scoreline which massively flattered Fulham as we dominated the game.

League Cup

Winners

For the fourth season in a row we lifted the League Cup, equaliing a record set by Liverpool back in the 1980's. For the first time I rotated my squad somewhat, but we gave good performances along the way, including the top drawer semi-final performance against Ipswich. We meet Chelsea in the final, and although it wasn't a terrific performance, we won 2-1 after an equaliser in the fourth minute of stoppage time, and a winner in the 121st minute of the game.

Champions League

Winners

Our greatest achievement, and in actual fact my greatest ever Fotball Manager achievement. Throughout the competition we have had some brilliant results; beating Inter, winning away to Porto and in Munich. Thrashing Dynamo Kiev 5-1, and then Bayern 5-2 at home were also massive highs! And although we needed penalties to win the trophy, it doesn't take any gloss off this amazing triumph.

Other Info

Squad - Transfers - Finances

Every single player squad played their part this term, with the exception of Lizandro Perez who couldn't get a look in after 34 year old Angel Rangel showed some great form when stepping into the side for Kyle Naughton. From the goalscorers up the top end of the field, to the defenders ensuring we conceded just 33 goals all season. Again Michel Vorm was excellent between the posts aswell.

We spent pretty big prior to the season starting, resulting in us having our biggest net transfer spend in my time at the club, (£20.25million). Of the players that came in, Alex Teixeira, Carlos Vela, and Jason Malpass really kicked us on to the next level.

The finances really improved this campaign. Another season of success in the Premier League and Champions League really helped our bank balance, and hopefully for the future of the club the money will be reinvested in the facilities.

Top 3 Players

Jason Malpass

He arrived for £9.25million, a pretty hefty fee for a man of his age, but he proved to be every penny. Whether playing upfront or as my AMR, he provided goals and assits. Swansea should do everything possible to keep hold of this man.

Scott Sinclair

A great season for the man from Bath. He had his best goal return since I have been incharge, and also added 16 assists to his 21 goals. As always, he seems to pop up with crucial goals just when we need them.

The unfortunate thing for him is that he picked up an injury in the Champions League final and may not be fit for England Confederations Cup campaign in the summer.

Carlos Vela

I wasn't sure how much Vela would play when I decided to bring him in after a decent loan spell in the second half of last season, but for £2million he proved to be a real snip. Easily my best value for money signing of my career so far.

What Next

I had previously stated that I would leave at the end of this season to concerntrate on England ahead of the 2018 World Cup, and after such a great season I feel that I want to depart Swansea on te biggest high possible. At the same time I don't want to leave and see Swansea fall from grace.

I have a decision to make.

Deservedly so too! tough decision on weather to stay or not would be horrible to see a new manager come in and ruin what you have created, i'd possibly stay one more season and try to replicate to the best of your abilities the amazing season you've just had.

Archived