Tomtuck's First FM Career Adventure

tomtuck01

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some great results pity you didn't sneak a goal against Milan. Going very well in the league, I think you might grab a trophy this season.

This season? I've already won two league cups!!

Thanks for the response, and you are right about the Milan game - we were so close on a couple of occassions I can't help but be disappointed.

Excellent October :thup:. Despite coming so close to beating Milan, that is a very good point. You are by no way disgraced in your first Champions League season.

Indeed. A big couple of games coming up in November though - a trip to Milan and then Metalist at home. If we go into the game at Barca in December with a chance then I'll be delighted with our campaign has gone.

150px-Swansea_City_AFC_logo.svg.png

Thomas Lewis' Career - November 2015 - Swansea City

Premier League

plfixturesnov2015.png

pltablenov2015.png

Strange sort of month really. We remain unbeaten - a run that now stands at 41 league games, but a return of six points from a possible twelve is far from Championship form. Still, we got a good win at Blackburn and a draw at Liverpool this month, and kept cleansheets in three of our four games. We also snatched a good point at home to Arsenal after trailing 2-0.

Up next, just a trip to Old Trafford.

November 2015 Continued

Champions League

clfixturesnov2015.png

cltablenov2015.png

We followed up earlier home draws with Barcelona and Milan with an excellent away draw in Milan to aid our chances of progressing into the next round. At home to Metalist we gave another good performance and thoroughly deserved our 2-1 win.

We head to Barcelona for ur last group game, knowing that if we avoid defeat we will be into the next round. Easier said than done though.

A very solid month in the league based on your opponents. Another brilliant month as well in Europe. Looks like you really annoyed Milan based off the yellow cards :p. Good luck in Barcelona.

Least your unbeaten in the league which is more then Utd can say.No matter what the result,you've done well in your first Cl with Swansea.

Haha yes I never noticed that! And we've got the best defensive record! I do agree with your assessment of the Champions League, I just wish we could have snatched a win at home against Barcelona or Milan.

A very solid month in the league based on your opponents. Another brilliant month as well in Europe. Looks like you really annoyed Milan based off the yellow cards :p. Good luck in Barcelona.

I do agree, but if we are going to be champions then we need to be snatching wins at home against sides like Arsenal, Chelsea, etc.

As for Milan, just look at possession stat - we kept it well. No wonder they got frustrated.

You never do Tom, you never do!!!

Haha maybe I should start then?

Looking fantastic in the league and in europe :D Keep up the good work and I believe you can overcome United!

Cheers dude. :thup:

------------------------------

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!

(I think most of you can guess what I mean by that!)

I'd personally take the first one. Although I wouldn't go until the end of the season if possible.

Already rejected the offer from Flamengo, and it won't let my delay the Inter offer until the end of the season, just by a week. Bugger.

It wouldnt have felt right if you left Swansea after your first Champions League season. The end of the year would have been a good time to leave but Inter can stuff themselves :p.

Thomas Lewis' Career - December 2015 - Swansea City

Premier League

plfixturesdec2015.png

pltabledec2015.png

A very month for us in the league with four wins from four at home and two very good away draws. The draw at United was tempered by the fact that Nestor Schmidt was injured and ruled out for three weeks just at a time when we needed him most. But we got by without him and Jonny Howson really stepped up his game. We resorted to the old guard upfront for most of the month, and Papiss Cisse didn't disappoint and really found the goalscoring touch. The win against Bolton at the end of the month was most pleasing though as we came from behind, and the three players that scored all ended their goal droughts.

League Cup - Quarter Final

lcfixturesdec2015.png

Not a great performance against the League One opposition, but we scrapped over the line and into the semi-finals thanks to Danny Wilsons goal. In the the semi-final we face we Ipswich, a side which caused us problems in the league earlier this season.

December 2015 Continued

Champions League

clfixturesdec2015.png

cltabledec2015.png

What a great achievement! We had a few scares in the Camp Nou, but on the balance of things I think we thoroughly deserved our draw. To dominate possession in that manner away t Barceloona earned us a draw on its own, and when Lionel Messi is getting booked for persistent fouling you know you're doing something right!

It was truly remarkable group stage for us, and lets hope our Champions League adventure can continue in the 1st knockout round against Porto.

Still going very well in the league and I do hope Utd crack under pressure.Well done on qualifying from the group in the CL,best of luck against Porto.

Thanks. It could all come down to when we play United in mid April - after that we only have four games left each.

An excellent month and a remarkable achievement to make it through the group stages :applause:.

Cheers dude. I am rather proud of our Champions League achievement.

Thomas Lewis' Career - January 2016 - Swansea City

Premier League

plfixturesjan2016.png

pltablejan2016.png

A poor month for us, drawing all three of our games as United won their three to move six points clear of us. The only upside was that the draw against Tottenham meant we have now beaten Arsenal's record of 49 games unbeaten. I would post a news story about this, but for some reason there hasn't been one pop up yet!

Up next we have home games against Manchester City and Fulham.

FA Cup - 3rd And 4th Rounds

facupfixturesjan2016.png

A good couple of wins from us. The Norwich game was obviously closer than I would have liked, (Scott Sinclair got the winner in the 91st minute), but they are up in the playoff spots in the the Championship, so it was never going to be an easy game.

In the fifth round we have another away game, this time to Old Trafford to face Manchester United.

January 2016 Continued

League Cup

lcfixturesjan2016.png

A third League Cup final in three years awaits us in late February after a stunning second leg performance against Ipswich. We were off the pace in the first leg, and were probably a touch lucky not to lose. In the second leg though we outstanding and completely ripped them to shreds.

In the final we face Manchester United, who defeated Everton in their semi final.

Transfers In

Josh McEachran

The deal for McEachran was arranged back in November, but when he arrived he was injured and is therefore yet to appear for us. What he will bring to the side is hopefully another young creative option.

Carlos Vela

Signed on loan for a year from PSG for a fee of £1.2million, my hope is that Vela can pop up with a few goals to fire us towards trophy or two this season. At times we have struggled for goals this term, but Vela's finishing and composure could be invaluable. We have the option to buy him for £4.6million.

Players Out

Emiliano Sanchez, who only joined in the summer, has gone already. He hadn't settled to life in England and asked for a move. Fiorentina paid £2,5million for him, and hopefully he prefers life in Italy.

Danny Graham also departed the club this month, heading to Bolton for £800,000. I hope he gets the regular football he deserves at the Reebok.

I see Welbeck had no trouble finishing off his former club.

And he celebrated like a lunatic!

By that stage of the game United were still pushing forward in the unlikely event that they could get back in the game, and we simply took avantage of the space they left.

Thomas Lewis' Career - February 2016 - Swansea City

Premier League

plfixturesfeb2016.png

pltablefeb2016.png

Three wins out of four would normally constitute a good month, but given Manchester Uniteds recent form, it means that we have slipped further behind them in the title race. The wins agianst Man City and Fulham were excellent - both games we completely dominated. West Ham was the same, except we couldn't score and they did - in the fifth minute of injury time. That defeat put an end to our unbeaten league run, which was an incredible 52 games. We bounced back though with a hard fought win at Stoke to keep us just about in touch with United.

FA Cup - 5th Round

facupfixturesfeb2016.png

Well we played well and the game was a real battle, but on the balance of things they probably just about deserved it. We did however get our revenge eight days later in the League Cup final.

February 2016 Continued

League Cup

lcfixturesfeb2016.png

A truly remarkable performance. To dominate in such a fashion against United was simply brilliant. We have now won the Leage Cup three times in a row. As SRL88 said, I seem to like this trophy!

Champions League - 1st Knockout Round, 1st Leg

clfixturesfeb2016.png

Well heading in the second leg in Portugal it's advantage us. It is slender, but we got to Portugal with a lot of hope after how we played in this leg. We limited Porto to just six attempts on goal, (none on target), and had the majority of the possession. Hopefully we can put in a similar performace in the Estadio do Dragao and extend our Champions League run even further.

Brilliant in the League Cup, I always feel kind of bad if I thrash the team I support in real life. Going well in the league but it could be tough to get past Man United, I find unbeaten runs are usually ended by a team I would expect to beat easily. Good luck in the next Champions League match.

Archived