Embeox's 4-5-1

This tactic has done me good so far in my York City FC save, Finished 2nd in the BSP only because stockport had by far the stronger team i also only signed 1 player for york.

Anyhow expect the odd 5+ goal thriller and i find it is pretty sound on the defensive sound of things. The tactic works with 2 inside forwards and a poacher. Also make sure the advanced forward has decent passing and creativity and watch the goals hit the back of the net.

VERSION 1 Link: Click Here

Version 2 Link: Click Here

Ok, iv'e tweaked the old 4-51 accordingly and this tactic seems to work better for me anyway and i also keep possesion better.

Iv'e been using it with Palermo and i dominated Serie A, won it 7 times in a row (that was after the 4th season) But we NEVER finished outside of the top 5 before that.

I was a bit slow with winning the league because we didn't exactly have much cash and i must say i was cheated out of winning it and finished 2nd twice in a row (the engine hates me ;( )

GK - Its a sweeper keeper but defensive. He'll only come out if its a 1 on 1 situation and and make stupid mistakes. I like to have a keeper with solid all round goalkeeping ability, although reflexes and handling are a must. So it positioning. In order to make this work your keeper must have decent acceleration and pace, also rushing out must be at a decent level.

RB+LB - Both on support so at least 1 of them will decide to run up the line when attacking, pace,acceleration,positioning,dribbling,crossing and possibly flair needed here. Concentration wouldent go a miss either. High stamina also helps here.

CB's - I always like to have a huge guy and possibly another huge guy or use a faster cb, but ALWAYS make sure they are a minimum height of 6feet. No less! Tackling,strengh,jumping,concentraion,marking and heading are always good stats to have, some pace would be good also.

DMC - This is the guy who will break up opponents attacks, tackling, positioning and stamina are the main attributes here, id also add anticipation. Strengh,speed and passing are bonuses.

MCL - Your main playmaker, passing,dribbling and flair are needed here, their are multiple other attributes that could be used here such as positioning, off the ball, long shots, speed etc etc the list can go on, this is a role for a complete midfilder with high passing and creativity. The "Paul Scholes" type of player.

MCR - Again like the MCL although passing is a definite must! He is here to support the main playmaker but also create chances for others. Again, passing is an absolute must with some creativity. Good all round stats are good here aswell.

AML/AMR - Both inside forwards, dribbling,acceleration,pace,stamina,finishing,comp osure,flair,passing,creativity and technique are needed here, if you can find a player with most of those attributes and maybe afew other si have not mentioned, you'll be doing well. Although make sure each player can play on both sides as i have these positions set to switch. They also cut inside and look for through balls as i have st it that way, enjoy the assists and goals.

ST - Your basic all out poacher, although you can change it to accommodate other strikers. If your using the pre-set position of poacher, dribbling,finishing,composure,flair, acceleration, pace and decisions are needed if playing a poacher role. Id recommend players like Abel Hernandez, Carlos Fierro and the one everyone has guessed, Javier Hernandez a.k.a Chicharito.

It's currently set to control, although if you go a goal down feel free to switch it to attacking, if your drawing or losing in the last 10 minutes don't be scared to switch it to overlad and put both MC's and Both Fullbacks and attacking. I Always use this tactic with retain possession. That is the main shout to use while during a game. Im sure it will work with pass into space etc, you can always try a few different shouts out and see what happens i suppose. For match preparation put it on high and teamwork. if your players complain bring it down to average. As for pitch size i just use the standard size available in that nation/league/division.

These player instructions go for both tactics.

Also i wouldn't mind the odd piece of feedback :D

35ba8nm.jpg35id5y1.jpghinckleyvshiston_fx4.jpg

*Called Embeox's 4-5-1 because of my name on FMFormation.net forums.

*Screenshots will be added in the short-term future. I Woulden't mind if people who use this tactic could upload some of their own aswell. Also PLEASE DO NOT RE-POST ON OTHER SITES WITHOUT MY PERMISSION.

Just tweaked the tactic a bit seems to work even better, you also keep the ball and get a greater amount of possesion while creating quite alot of chances, just make sure the LCM and RCM have good creativity and passing, and the two inside forwards have alot of pace,dribbling and flair, finishing would help so would long shots. Also the poacher (can also be played with a target man) should have good finishing and composure to get the most out of the chances created.

I will upload the tweaked version soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i downloaded the san marinese league, got san giovanni to the champions league group stage in 2021 with this tactic, also got the club from amateur to professional within 5-6 seasons and were getting some close results with real madrid etc 0-1 loss at home from them. Altough the only thing holding me back with this save is the league rep haha the tactic is working good against the higher teams.

Archived