Total Football: Tic-Tac Magick (The return: Part 2)

Which tactic do you prefer?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Which tactic do you prefer?

• Original (17/01/2012)
    • Tweaked (23/01/2012)
    • New (26/01/2012)

ooppss.. hold on i'll get it right...

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21493180/4-4-2-flat-zndrmrm-v.1.tac

REMEMBER THIS FOR FM11...

SO IF ANY OF U GUYS STILL HAVE FM11 COULD MAYBE CONVERT IT TO FM12 AND PUT IT HERE..'D BE MUCH APPRECIATED...

THANX...

Some reminders..the playmaker is MCL.That's because my primary scorer is lefty.And PM and he plays on the same side..So u can change it according to ur fitting..

The other striker is the more creative playmaking type..

Other than that mostly MAGICK's philosophy rules...

it's a flat 4-4-2 of course

"file not found"

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

btw, do you have already try it on fm2012?

like i mentioned above i'm yet to purchase fm12 cause of two reasons.

one is i'm having the best fun with my current save on FM11

and the other is the all the patches to come out.

so if anyone has both 11 and 12 maybe could convert mine to FM12 and see how it goes.

it's still MAGICK style of play so i think it will work with a couple of tweaks if needed...

after trying out other tactics i have come back to this one, with a tweak of my own.

I have switched the AML/AMR to SC positions making it a 4-3-3. I have set up the outer strikers has poachers and initial results are good.

i will upload screenies and vids later on tonite if i have time. still managing high possession but now also getting alot of shots at goal from the front 3 has they play much closer together and often play eachother through on goal centrally instead of coming from out wide.

very interested in the update to this, been playing a 4-3-3 of my own with pretty good results and high possession but lacking that killer edge, my side hasn't been as good and have been using very low creative freedom for some of the less technical players.

I play as man utd so high cf isn't a problem with me.

rooney as the middle sc will drop deep and play the outer 2 sc through on goal centrally, or the outer strikers will run with the ball and either pick out one of the advancing MCs or central SC or go and score themselves.

I did score one very nice goal against bayern munich from the champions league final in my previous season where my team just played straight through the heart of Bayern for a simple tap in for rooney.

I played this tactic in a few earlier games and it's no where near as good as Tic-Tac magick for FM 11. Missing an edge.

It's funny actually as the last tic tac was like Barca when they were destroying teams at the time and this one is more like Barca now, The Chelsea and Madrid games being a good example.

• 2 weeks later...

well has promised here a few screenshots about my tweak to this tactic. (only tweaks made are to the 2 outer strikers to make them more poacher like)

manchesterunitedtactics.th.png

manchesterunitedsquadpl.th.png

manutdvmancitysplitview.th.png

i use a short corner routine which enables me to keep possessions and play the ball around the penalty area looking for an opening. Make sure your corner taker is the middle MC on both sides!!!

link to tactic:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/hc8vfi

well has promised here a few screenshots about my tweak to this tactic. (only tweaks made are to the 2 outer strikers to make them more poacher like)

manchesterunitedtactics.th.png

manchesterunitedsquadpl.th.png

manutdvmancitysplitview.th.png

i use a short corner routine which enables me to keep possessions and play the ball around the penalty area looking for an opening. Make sure your corner taker is the middle MC on both sides!!!

link to tactic:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/hc8vfi

Thanks for posting your tweaked tactic adonis. This formation is something I used in FM10 with extreme success. I'm doing a test game with Man Utd as well using Magick's latest tactic posted in his OP, however, I'm trying some of my own tweaks as well. While I enjoy the nice style this tactics gives, I find that the team simply doesn't act incisive enough, and with nearly maxed-out creative freedom many players end up wasting a large number of chances. For example, I find someone like Nani simply blasting the ball all too often from various positions, even when it seems like an easy chance from close range. The other tweak I'm trying out is increased passing for every position. I think again, having it so short creates certain inadequacies such as players choosing to shoot from long range instead of making a pass, and it makes the team less incisive. While understand the original idea of the tactic is to replicate Barca's style, I find the team being a bit too passive practically every match when there are clearly opportunities available to make dangerous through passes.

Anyway, that's what I've been doing. I've had some good success so far. With my own tweaks I've found that the team became more incisive while still dominating possession. Perhaps not quite as much as before but the reduction seems to be really minor. So far my best result has been a 5-0 win against Liverpool at home. The players seemed to take their chances much more intelligently. More solid finishing instead of crazy attempts from any range or angle.

DirtyAce - I had the same problem with Nani he is a selfish player and so more often that not he will choose the wrong option. With creative freedom being high you really do need players with high mental attributes so they make the right decision when to pass, shoot, try a through ball etc.

I don't create a high number of CCCs but loads of half chances and that is when a player with high mental attributes comes into his own, often taking the half chances they get.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21675683/4-4-2-tic-tac-zndrmmr-12.2.2.tac

This is my version of tic-tac magick...

It's a flat 4-4-2.

Since i'm playing FM12 finally thought i should put it here...

if anyone would be interested to tweak it please do and share it..

i played a season with Liverpool.. and i only loaned barca's Keita 'til januray.i finished top with 1 loss and 1 draw first 20 games.

then i sold Bellamy and Maxi and brought in Hazard.

i went on to win the treble..

with very cruical injuries including a long term Lucas, Gerrard and Suarez along the way which led me to lose more points in the second half,despite Hazard addition..

Here are some screen shots of how things looked....

http://i50.tinypic.com/1zzrm9j.jpg

the main reason here why i haven't scored more is having two pivot forwards (Kuyt and Andy Carroll) in the team and Bellamy got hurt for three months right at the beginning eliminating my chances of two fast forwards on the pitch..

Here r some important things (i think it's important at least)(since i played over 20 seasons with it in FM11 and seeing that it works for FM12 too gives me the confidence to point them out..) :

i'd rather these players DON'T have the ppms:

Right Forward ; plays with back to goal,Comes deep,tries to break the offside trap

Left Forward ; plays with back to goal,gets forward whenever possible(we don't want him to get ahead of our poacher all the time)

MCs ; dictates tempo (for we don't want them to roam) ,gets forward whenever possible

Fullbacks ;gets forward whenever possible

so far the most important ones i can think of..

RIGHT FORWARD, who is the poacher like ,needs to be fast,clinical in front of goal

LEFT FORWARD is the more creative roaming type he can be relatively slower but more complete.

WINGERS need to be creative.

RIGHT MC (playmaker) a good playmaker with the best def. attributes u can get.

LEFT MC the most creative ball winner u can find.Cause although he sweeps the return balls and stays deep helping the possesion and gives the att. minded players breather when they can't find a palyer to pass to.THI GUY NEEDS TO BE DEFENSIVELY STRONG . .

FULL BACKS i'd rather they are defensively as close to a centreback as possibly.but FAST,FAST FAST.if u r playing with a very big team they can be more attacking minded than defensive.They basicaly help keep poss.

CENTREBACKS the faster the better.other than that ur average cb will do..

KEEPER sweeper keeper of course but good one on one skills are the most important if u ask me....

IF ur best scorer is lefty make sure u switch sides (as well the roles of course) and put him on the left side (FCL) . . in that case chnage the side of the playmaker as well and make him MCL

Other than that i tried to find the right balance between the att. and def. relying on my experiences..So feel free to make it more attacking and defensive as u like.

But my experiences showed me that this is the most effective setup in all 4-4-2 set ups regarding mentalities and forward run arrows..which looks like this:

http://i47.tinypic.com/308wqjm.jpg

Well these r the basics for now. if anybody has any questions that i forgot to already point out please feel free

THANX everyone...

zinedremomori what is the average possession you have? do you find it is lower with only 2cms? Love 442s though cheers for the upload

well in FM11 it was even better than the original 4-3-2-1 in FM12 i wouldn't know cause i never tried anything else than my version..

i don't know the exact % but it's still a highly dominating poss. football with much more chance of scoring in my observation than one striker set ups..it's a flat 442 so wingers help the mc's alot...

Another thing i forgeot to mention is since it's a 442 i thought ,which reflects on scoring a little bit,that no crosses would be unfair to the setup so i have put wingers and fullbacks on sometimes..it takes away from the poss. a little bit.So if anyone is very rigid about players keeping poss. they should take it back to rare crossing...

well in FM11 it was even better than the original 4-3-2-1 in FM12 i wouldn't know cause i never tried anything else than my version..

i don't know the exact % but it's still a highly dominating poss. football with much more chance of scoring in my observation than one striker set ups..it's a flat 442 so wingers help the mc's alot...

Another thing i forgeot to mention is since it's a 442 i thought ,which reflects on scoring a little bit,that no crosses would be unfair to the setup so i have put wingers and fullbacks on sometimes..it takes away from the poss. a little bit.So if anyone is very rigid about players keeping poss. they should take it back to rare crossing...

I never had problems with no crossing set on FM11 as players would cut inside and even clever full backs would cross when absolutely necessary, but this year players can just stand there with the ball in the corner until they get tackled - no crossing is a big no-no for me on FM12 anyway! Want to give this tac a go though not played 442 in ages!

Another thing is if i'm trailing despite dominance or drawing i put all of my players mentality to extremely atatcking and give all 4 midfielders often to through balls.and raise the tempo a little bit..and give fullbacks roaming...

And on opposition instructions since the formation is flat and it gives a setup where every direction is covered with a teammate i give show onto weaker foot for those who r suitable for it.

I never had problems with no crossing set on FM11 as players would cut inside and even clever full backs would cross when absolutely necessary, but this year players can just stand there with the ball in the corner until they get tackled - no crossing is a big no-no for me on FM12 anyway! Want to give this tac a go though not played 442 in ages!

please let me know how it goes.i'd really like to see what happens.Cause i tried to play other setups too but this one gave me the most pleasure to watch...

Thanx...

zinedremomeri....how is it defensively? I find the Tic-Tac formation on the OP very solid defensively.

mate i haven't played Tic-Tac yet.4-4-2 is the only one i'm playing now.

to be honest the mentality of the players should have been lowered a little bit.So i did it.And it's much more solid now.i'll upload the new version.Or u can just lower them 2 to 3 notches urself and untick the roaming forward...And if u like a 4-4-2 formation i'd give it go.

Another thing i'll try now is to untick roaming for wingers too.And give them often for for. runs...

After i unticked the roaming of FCR which is like 20 games or so.My team is playing much more in shape..nd it's important that ur MCs DON'T HAVE DICTATE TEMPO and GETS FOR. WHENEVER POSS...

I think for any tac. that has specific instructions for every role and rigid details to keep shape and balance of the tac. PPMs matter as much as anything else..So one should spend reasonable time to figure out if the player u put in a role has required ppms for that role (or worse unuseful ppms or harmful even that contradicts an instruction)

i think that alone has the power to determine whether or not a tac. will be succesful for a team..

So one should either try to have their players learn or more importantly so unlearn ppms for any tactical instructions or pay attention to the ppms when one buys players...

Thanx...

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've been using the 2011 Home and Away tactics with PSG and it has been quality. Won 7 out of 7 and playing some amazing Football. Not even fluid yet.

I was using a 4-2-3-1 before that with them and it wasnt that great.

I havent tried the 2012 version just because it never really worked for me and I only had the 2011 home and away on my computer.

Someone should give the 2012 a go as the passing style seems to work really well on 13.

I've been using the 2011 Home and Away tactics with PSG and it has been quality. Won 7 out of 7 and playing some amazing Football. Not even fluid yet.

I was using a 4-2-3-1 before that with them and it wasnt that great.

I havent tried the 2012 version just because it never really worked for me and I only had the 2011 home and away on my computer.

Someone should give the 2012 a go as the passing style seems to work really well on 13.

Can you upload them again?

Grtz

I haven't had much success with the 2012 tactic so far. Seem to struggle with creating chances with low tempo with the new ME. Been playing around with the tempo settings but can't seem to find the sweet spot that can replicate the cutting edge short passing in the final third that worked so well in fm12.

I haven't had much success with the 2012 tactic so far. Seem to struggle with creating chances with low tempo with the new ME. Been playing around with the tempo settings but can't seem to find the sweet spot that can replicate the cutting edge short passing in the final third that worked so well in fm12.

The 2012 struggled to create chances for me on 12 aswell. I never got it working like the 11 in 11.

Here are the 2011 Home and Away tactics.

http://www7.zippyshare.com/v/26865848/file.html

http://www32.zippyshare.com/v/36106915/file.html

There working for me so maybe they will for other people. For general training im using Tactics and for match prep for att movement. Right mid playmaker.

• 6 years later...

Archived