Total Football: Tic-Tac Magick (The return: Part 2)

Which tactic do you prefer?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Which tactic do you prefer?

• Original (17/01/2012)
    • Tweaked (23/01/2012)
    • New (26/01/2012)

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I prefer having a flat 3 in midfield for two reasons:

1) It acts as a line of defence which closes down higher up the pitch.

2) It covers the flanks more, which is handy when playing against a 4-4-2

:thup:

#2 is not actually true - it may push the CM's out a bit wider in the formation screen, but the match engine doesn't care. The CM's will go out wide to cover the flanks regardless of there being a DM or not. The DM gives a bit more stability at the back, and also provides more passing options for the DC's and FB's.

In regards to #1 - the DM will do push forward anyway, if there's no opposition AMC to mark. If it's a flat 2 or 3 man midfield, he'll step forward when the opposition has the ball.

#2 is not actually true - it may push the CM's out a bit wider in the formation screen, but the match engine doesn't care. The CM's will go out wide to cover the flanks regardless of there being a DM or not. The DM gives a bit more stability at the back, and also provides more passing options for the DC's and FB's.

In regards to #1 - the DM will do push forward anyway, if there's no opposition AMC to mark. If it's a flat 2 or 3 man midfield, he'll step forward when the opposition has the ball.

2 is true as I've been watching the games regularly and comparing the two. If you watch the games, you'll notice players' positions are also dependent on the space occupied by other players. For example, if you play a 3-4-3 formation with a flat four midfield, you will notice the wide players will drop deeper at times to cover the space left by having no fullbacks. If you play a 4-4-2 formation, then the wide players won't drop deep to cover this space due to their being fullbacks already occupying this space.

By all means convert it to a 4-1-2-2-1 if that's what you want.

Out of curiosity, does assigning a specific playmaker in a team with so much creativity actually improve the tactic? Or is it just to emulate the real life Xavi closer?

It's a good question.

I've found it does help when playing the ball out from the back four as the playmaker tends to collect it from the defence (due to no Forward Runs), or the defence distribute it to the defensive minded midfielder or the fullback who then passes it to the playmaker. With such high Creative Freedom the players aren't limited to constantly playing it through the playmaker and will decide what they think is the best choice - good for teams with highly skilled players with good mental stats, probably not so good for teams who have poorer players.

So in summary, the playmaker acts more as a first passing option, but due to the high amounts of Creative Freedom they will choose an alternative player to pass to if passing to the playmaker is not the best option.

So in summary, the playmaker acts more as a first passing option, but due to the high amounts of Creative Freedom they will choose an alternative player to pass to if passing to the playmaker is not the best option.

Good explanation, thanks for clearing that up.

I know how you feel magick, I tend to hit the woodwork at least 3 times a game. Very annoying!!

But the new tactic seems to work fine with my man utd team now. Pogba and cleverly are awesome at mcl popping up with assists and goals. My playmaker is usually this guy: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/290423-FM12-Gylfi-Sigurðsson-The-Icelandic-Dream he is awesome scoring goals for fun from freekicks or long range with either foot. For back up I have giggs and thiago on loan.

Kutgw

He looks good! I'm looking for a young CM as I think Xavi has 1 maybe 2 seasons left as a regular after this season. I'll put Fabregas in his role eventually, but I like having young players coming through the ranks so that the transition is nice and smooth when they move into the first team.

Also, just gone past 51 games in the league without losing :p

Now that I've mentioned it, I'll probably lose my next game lol.

I know how you feel magick, I tend to hit the woodwork at least 3 times a game. Very annoying!!

But the new tactic seems to work fine with my man utd team now. Pogba and cleverly are awesome at mcl popping up with assists and goals. My playmaker is usually this guy: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/290423-FM12-Gylfi-Sigurðsson-The-Icelandic-Dream he is awesome scoring goals for fun from freekicks or long range with either foot. For back up I have giggs and thiago on loan.

Kutgw

You using the amc tactic uploaded on 23/1/12 or the one uploaded on 31/1/12? As for your Gylfi comment, he is fantastic isn't he? :)

He once scored 4 in 1 game for me from the amc position last season, 3 of which were from freekicks!

You using the amc tactic uploaded on 23/1/12 or the one uploaded on 31/1/12? As for your Gylfi comment, he is fantastic isn't he? :)

He once scored 4 in 1 game for me from the amc position last season, 3 of which were from freekicks!

i am using the new one uploaded on the 31/1/12.

i even won against chelsea at home with 10 men for more than an hour 4-0, by taking off the MCL.

yeh he is superb, shame about his pace and dribbling otherwise i would have trained him has the sc. ;)

He looks good! I'm looking for a young CM as I think Xavi has 1 maybe 2 seasons left as a regular after this season. I'll put Fabregas in his role eventually, but I like having young players coming through the ranks so that the transition is nice and smooth when they move into the first team.

Also, just gone past 51 games in the league without losing :p

Now that I've mentioned it, I'll probably lose my next game lol.

how about Thiago? wouldn't he be a natural successor to Xavi? or is he more suited to MCL role?

@ruudvanwarren: I follow this strategy which Marcelo told me.

The semi-official word on this is that workload only makes you learn tactics slower or faster, but have no effect on gameplay. Special focus on attacking movement, defensive positioning, attacking and defendind set pieces gives you bonuses in these categories for the next match. And teamwork helps your team gel quicker.

So what I always do is workload very high until tactics are fluid, then very low. And special focus on teamwork until the team is reasonably gelled, then normally attacking movement or defensive positioning, depending on the strength of my team and of the opposition.

Here's the link to a training thread he gave: http://community.sigames.com/showthr...ep-Masterclass

Cheers Magick, Just started a new save with Spurs...i'll let you know how the team progresses with the final version.

Niiice. I like the Tottenham team - lots of good midfielders. How's van der Vaart's finishing? He might be a good player to have in the striker role if retrained.

bloody hell first game of the season was arsenal at home the game ended 3-3. I played Adebayor upfront and he bagged a hat trick!!!

Lol! One of my first games at home was against Sevilla and it finished 3-3. I was glad to see us return to keeping clean sheets in the majority of games after that. Was it the Emirates or White Hart Lane?

Let me know how it goes :thup:

Very nice tactic! Working well with my "ok" juventus team. Beating liverpool in first knock out round in cl, so i will play quarter final. im 2nd in serie a, a few points behind napoli, but hope i can finish first at the end. Will update you guys later :)

Very nice tactic! Working well with my "ok" juventus team. Beating liverpool in first knock out round in cl, so i will play quarter final. im 2nd in serie a, a few points behind napoli, but hope i can finish first at the end. Will update you guys later :)

Thanks for the feedback :thup:

magick..could you name for me a striker that suits well with your newest tactic. thx

These are the attributes I'd look for:

Acceleration

Pace

Dribbling

Creativity

Finishing

Composure

I also like to have good levels of Teamwork and Determination throughout my team.

Strikers best suited to this role are the ones who drop deep and receive the ball to feet before either:

1) Turning and running at the defence

2) Playing a Through Ball to one of the advancing wingers

Messi, Rooney, Aguero, C. Ronaldo, Rossi, Pato, Jovetic, Sanchez, Villa, etc.

These are all world class players so they are difficult to find. But you could always train a youth player, or try to mould a striker into a similar playing style by training Player Preferred Moves, etc.

P.S. With high levels of Creative Freedom the player you put in will have a greater influence in the way they play that position. Looking at a team like Chelsea, Drogba would be more inclined to hold up the ball and play little one-twos, whereas Torres would be more inclined to receive it to feet, turn and run at the defence.

Just started a long term Arsenal save (hopefully..) and plan on using this tactic as part of my "legacy"

Szczesny

Sagna

Koscielny

Vermaelen

Gibbs

Gylfi Sigurdsson (Playmaker)

Song

Ramsey/Wilshere

Gervinho

Arshavin/Walcott

van Persie

Looking to bring in Romario, Carlos Fierro and Felipe Anderson and try to mould the likes of Chamberlain, Miyachi and Frimpong into this tactic. I loved this tactic last year, the style suits a lot of the players already at Arsenal and after a few very promising pre-season friendlies I look forward to another sucessful game.

Thanks for all the hard work you put into these excellent tactics, I'll do my best to feedback on this. :thup:

Just started a long term Arsenal save (hopefully..) and plan on using this tactic as part of my "legacy"

Szczesny

Sagna

Koscielny

Vermaelen

Gibbs

Gylfi Sigurdsson (Playmaker)

Song

Ramsey/Wilshere

Gervinho

Arshavin/Walcott

van Persie

Looking to bring in Romario, Carlos Fierro and Felipe Anderson and try to mould the likes of Chamberlain, Miyachi and Frimpong into this tactic. I loved this tactic last year, the style suits a lot of the players already at Arsenal and after a few very promising pre-season friendlies I look forward to another sucessful game.

Thanks for all the hard work you put into these excellent tactics, I'll do my best to feedback on this. :thup:

Thanks...hope it goes well :thup:

These are the attributes I'd look for:

I also like to have good levels of Teamwork and Determination throughout my team.

1) Turning and running at the defence

2) Playing a Through Ball to one of the advancing wingers

Messi, Rooney, Aguero, C. Ronaldo, Rossi, Pato, Jovetic, Sanchez, Villa, etc.

These are all world class players so they are difficult to find. But you could always train a youth player, or try to mould a striker into a similar playing style by training Player Preferred Moves, etc.

P.S. With high levels of Creative Freedom the player you put in will have a greater influence in the way they play that position. Looking at a team like Chelsea, Drogba would be more inclined to hold up the ball and play little one-twos, whereas Torres would be more inclined to receive it to feet, turn and run at the defence.

In my experience so far the PPMs "comes deep to get ball", "plays one twos", "plays killer balls often" are the ones to look at for your striker. Essentially you want a playmaker that can also score lots of goals so, in my opinion, it's probably easier to find an AMC with the proper attributes and PPMs and retrain him to play as a striker. Also, the "moves into channels" PPM is quite bad, as is "shoots from distance".

That said, there is a relatively cheap player who has consistently delivered for me, and has none of the "right" attributes or ppms. Jelle Vossen. He may be slow, weak, and poor with the ball at his feet but he has phenomenal mental attributes. His solid decision making, decent creativity and incredible teamwork will add lots of assists and help keep the ball since he never squanders possesion trying outrageous tricks etc. What really makes the difference for me however is his off the ball movement, wich is probably one of the best in game, and his incredible finishing and composure. Especially against teams that defend deep he can be quite effective. In that kind of situation you need a striker who can play in tigh spaces, and since the d-line is deep speed does not matter since there is no space to run into. Against opposition who really tries to press high he is less usefull but he does get quite a few assists playing through balls to my pacey wingers. Overall, while he is not my first choice striker, he has been a dependable and cheap choice.

MAGICK - this is working like a dream, football is fantastic to watch. only conceded about 2 goals in 18 games and averaging 3 goals per game.

is it ok to use the position filters from last year? has my man utd team are in need of a revamp has my IF nani and william are missing too many chances for my liking. thinking of re-training a AMC/SC to play there. maybe hernandez and the mexican carlos ferro who is in my u18 squad.

excellent stuff!

MAGICK - this is working like a dream, football is fantastic to watch. only conceded about 2 goals in 18 games and averaging 3 goals per game.

is it ok to use the position filters from last year? has my man utd team are in need of a revamp has my IF nani and william are missing too many chances for my liking. thinking of re-training a AMC/SC to play there. maybe hernandez and the mexican carlos ferro who is in my u18 squad.

excellent stuff!

Thanks for the feedback.

The filters should be similar from last year. I'll have a look within the next few days to see if they should be changed. The striker role has similar attributes to the Trequatista (not sure if I've spelt that right :p) and I'd include finishing for the wide players if the filters haven't included them.

I'm unbeaten in 60 games in the league and won 16 in a row - a record previously held by Real Madrid. Lost 1 game and drawn 3 out of 40 this season. Loss was away to Athletic in the cup, but they are my bogey team as they play a 3-4-3 which pressures the back line a lot and floods the midfield - I still tend to beat them as they leave space open at the back when we counter. We beat them in the return leg and are now in the final.

P.S. Carlos Fierro is playing nicely for me in the games where I rest Messi. He's averaging around 7.47 and is now being tutored by Messi :thup:

i came up against the 3-4-3 has Biesla took over at Chelsea, the defence struggled with drogba, lukaku and torres, still managed to win but apart from that its been very easy ;)

want to start a new game but can't decide between barcelona or real madrid, with CR7 upfront or Messi...hmmmm

i came up against the 3-4-3 has Biesla took over at Chelsea, the defence struggled with drogba, lukaku and torres, still managed to win but apart from that its been very easy ;)

want to start a new game but can't decide between barcelona or real madrid, with CR7 upfront or Messi...hmmmm

I'm probably bias, but I'd go with Barce if you want an easy life. Xavi, Iniesta and Fabregas as midfielders means you just have to worry about building for the future :p Plus, Real seem to have more attacking midfielders instead of central midfielders. Not sure how Kaka or Ozil would fit into the tactic :confused:

I've tried buying Ronaldo for Barcelona, he didn't want to come. I'm thinking of buying Silva just for jokes - Villa, Pedro and Sanchez are all quality Inside Forwards to have, but Silva would beat them all. I also bought Otamendi for a Puyol replacement and he's playing really well.

[video=youtube_share;bpja7jckj8M]

my best match so far, not the 7 goals scored but the way they were scored, fantastic team play and individual brilliance.

the first 2 goals and Pogba's come from a short corner routine which i found elsewhere, first match i used it and its looking good.

also i tend to swap my players about every 15-20 mins for eg, pur my SC at MCl, left IF to SC...just to keep the AI guessing, but i do have alot of players that can perform i many different positions.

luvin it so far...

[video=youtube_share;bpja7jckj8M]

my best match so far, not the 7 goals scored but the way they were scored, fantastic team play and individual brilliance.

the first 2 goals and Pogba's come from a short corner routine which i found elsewhere, first match i used it and its looking good.

also i tend to swap my players about every 15-20 mins for eg, pur my SC at MCl, left IF to SC...just to keep the AI guessing, but i do have alot of players that can perform i many different positions.

luvin it so far...

:thup:

I'm pleased with how the striker is dropping into the hole and picking out through balls for the wingers which are cutting inside. Currently on a winning streak of 20 games in the League - Real Madrid are faltering slightly :p

Archived