JackJCFC

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carmarthen 2030/2031

League

Predicted: 1st

Finished: 1st

We won the first 22 games in the league and had a 22 points lead over Bangor City who were 4 points clear in 2nd. The biggest surprise was Neath not making the top 6 but that may be due to having more games than normal. We won the league after 24 games and finished the season unbeaten, once again only dropping 2 points.

Bangor City were this seasons surprise package and finished 2nd by 5 points and take the top Euro Cup spot. TNS and Port Talbot took the other spots.

I can definitely see the league starting to get better in terms of the quality of players, I’d say that most teams are of League 1 quality with the bottom few teams obviously being worse.

League Table

League Graph

Cups

Welsh Cup: TNS (N) 3-2. Goals from Gaccione (2) and Hughes after 40 minutes gave us a great lead. TNS pulled one back just before the break and on the hour mark for a tight finish but in the end we got the win.

Loosemores Cup: Llanelli (N) 2-0. We dominated the game and took the lead early on through an Andre goal. The game remained 1-0 until the late stages when Gaccione put the game beyond doubt. We’ve now won the cup every year since 2017.

Europe

Came top of the group for the first time ever. We beat Shakhtar in the first knockout round but then lost to PSG on away goals.

Transfers

A lot of transfer activity this year as we enter a transitional period, I’ve changed the formation to one with wingers for the first time in this career so that is one of the main reasons.

Ilias Devrikis RM ML: 18 year old pacey winger, didn’t get as much game time as I intended and he wasn’t anything special when he did play, hopefully he improves next year.

Marcello Paolacci ST: 21 year old all round great striker, I see him as the man to take over from Andre in a year or 2’s time. Got 13 goals in 24 games although half of his games were from the bench.

Akis Tsiros CB: 22 year old CB, signed to provide backup, got the job done but he’ll never be anything special.

Marcello Gaccione AML ST: 23 year old signed for £1.2million, one of my better buys. Done well for me on the left, getting 18 goals, 13 assists in 30 games.

Alan Fernandez RM AMR: 24 year old Marquee signing at £4.3million. Done great for me getting 12 goals 24 assists in 30 games on the right wing.

Salih Salginglu CDM CM: 18 year old signed for £600k, was labelled a wonderkid before he arrived at my club, didn’t play a great deal as he arrived in January but he has the potential to be as good as Fragapane.

Thomas Robertson AMC:19 year old signed on a free, had a big injury so only played a little bit but he looks promising, a good backup to Hughes.

Another decent season in terms of selling players, unfortunately I had to sell my captain Guthrie as his contract was ending and he wouldn’t sign a new one, disappointed to only get £2.5million for him as he was also England captain.

Transfers

Finances

The board have announced that they plan to expand the stadium by 500, this will improve European match attendances to around 2000, still not near the max of 3000. Disappointing considering we sold out 12 league games this year.

Youth and training facilities are being improved again at a cost of £4.9million.

Finances

Wales

The National team is ranked 122nd in the world. They are currently 4th in Euro qualification with 6 points after 5 games. They came 3rd in the 4 nations with 4 points.

TNS lost 7-0 in the 3rd Q round of the champions league to Panathinaikos. They then lost in the Euro cup 4th Q round to Wisla which I would have thought was fairly winnable.

Neath won the 4th Q round of the Euro cup 4-3 against Austria Wien to become the first club to make it to the group stages! They faced a tough group and didn’t pick up a point but at least its progress.

Port Talbot went out in the 3rd Q round.

Llanelli won in the 2nd Q round of the Euro Cup but lost in the 3rd.

The WPL dropped 4 places to 22nd in Europe. Carmarthen moved up 8 places to 10th in Europe. Wales has gone back up to having 2 teams in the champions league.

Welsh young player of the year:Daniel March (Carmarthen)

Welsh footballer of the year:Robbie Wigg (TNS)

WPL Player of the year: Alvaro Oliviera (Carmarthen)

WPL Young Player of the year: Ivan Zorica (Carmarthen)

Manager of the year: Damien Hurdman (Bridgend)

Team of the year

Champions League

Second Qualifying round

Suduva (A) 4-0. Back to the early stages this year. We pretty much killed off the tie in the first leg, didn't even have to play a full strength team, these kind of games are basically friendlies.

Suduva (H) 3-0. Complete domination, should have scored alot more with the chances we had but the team became rather complacent, i can't really blame them.

Champions League

3rd Qualifying Round

Red Star (A) 3-0. Another straightforward win in a match we were in complete control of. Ndlovu and Andre (2) got the goals for us this time.

Red Star (H) 4-1. A comfortable win with goals from Fernandez, Gaccione and Jurcevic. 3 of the goals came in the last 5 minutes, including 2 in the last 3 mintues from us. Disapointed to have conceded, not that it matters.

Champions League

Group Stage

APOEL (A) 1-0. We were the better team but we left it to a 90th minute corner to get the goal to win it. A poor start but it’s the 3 points that matter.

Dortmund (H) 1-0. We were in complete control of this one. Dortmund didn’t even have a shot until the 2nd half. Andre got the games only goal after 31 minutes, we could have had more had we not been so wasteful in front of goal.

Real Madrid (H) 2-1. We had a brilliant start with Andre scoring twice in the first 8 minutes. Not long after Real went down to 10 men and the game looked to be in our hands. However, a they scored a cheap penalty just before half time which turned the match. In the second half they were very strong but we just about managed to hold them out for an important win.

You're becoming a giant yourself with those results.

I think that the squad is weaker this year than it was last year but seeing as we're still getting results like this then i'm hopefull that we can make the semi's if the draw is kind.

The game clearly doesn't class us as a giant either seeing as we still only have national rep!

Champions League

Group Stage

Real Madrid (A) 1-0. A faultless performance from all involved, especially our keeper who was immense. Real Madrid dominated the match having chance after chance, however, on the 74th minute Diallo scored the winning goal from a swift counter attack, guaranteeing us top spot in the group after just 4 games.

APOEL (H) 3-0. Had a bit of a player shortage due to messing up player registration and having players on international duty. Nonetheless, we were still able to come through with a comfortable and deserved victory, even if the goals did come late on.

Dortmund (A) 3-1. A superb Andre hat-trick ensured victory in our final group match which meant that we won every game for the first time ever. This is the 2nd year in a row we’ve gone undefeated in the group stage.

Group Table

Champions League

First Knockout Round

Benfica (A) 1-0. We had some key players missing in both attack and defence but we still managed to get a result. Benfica were the better team in the first half but some strong words at half time and we came out playing well. Diallo eventually broke the deadlock on the 71st minute to give us an important away goal.

Benfica (H) 1-0. A fairly even game, the only difference being Andre’s 49th minute goal. We missed a penalty late on but it didn’t make a difference as we still progress.

Champions League

Quarter Final

Sunderland (A) 1-2. A poor game from everyone but our keeper in this one. We had a rubbish start, conceding twice in 17 minutes, luckily not long after we were gifted an away goal in the form of a penalty. The score remained the same but Sunderland were by far the better side, we’re lucky it wasn’t more. Disapointing.

Sunderland (H) 0-1. We were rubbish, conceded after 30 minutes so went attacking. Made no difference as we crash out to what was the weakest team left in the competition. Not happy.

Carmarthen 2031/2032

League

We were unbeaten in our first 22 games and had a 17 point lead over TNS who were battling for 2nd with Neath. The top 6 teams were quite clearly ahead of the rest of the pack who were involved in a close relegation battle.

We won the league after 26 games, the 19th time in a row. Once again we finished the season unbeaten in the league. TNS were in a clear 2nd a took the other champions league place. Bangor City came 3rd, claiming the best Euro Cup position. Llanelli and Port Talbot took the other spots.

League Table

Cups

Welsh Cup: Llanelli (N) 5-0. An easy win with goals coming from Fernandez, Andre, Pischedda, Diallo and Gaccione.

Loosemores Cup: Neath (N) 4-0. We dominated the game and took the lead early on through an Fernandez goal. The goals continued to flow with Andre, Muller and Gaccione getting on the scoresheet for a comfortable win.

Europe

We had a perfect group stage, winning every match against Real Madrid, Dortmund and APOEL. We faced Benfica in the first knockout round where we won 2-0 on aggregate. However, we fell to Sunderland in the next round, losing 3-1 on aggregate. Sunderland went on to the final, beating Barcelona 1-0.

Transfers

A poor season in terms of transfers for us this year.

Drazen Jurcevic ST AML: 19 year old with good potential. There wasn’t room in the squad for him to play as striker so I put him on left wing where he isn’t quite as good. 6 goals 7 assists in 21 games.

Mohammed Diallo CDM CB: A useful player who can play in defence or sit just in front. Came in cheaply as well and done well as a backup and in a few European games when he had to step up.

Mohosi Chinembeza RB: 22 year old signed for £2.1million. Initially as a backup player but he progressed well and has since become part of my starting 11.

Fedele Costa CB: Young CB signed for a free, isn’t that great so I loaned him out. Will look to sell this summer.

Stanko Vidakovic RB LB CB: Versatile defender who can play anywhere across the backline making him useful as a backup player.

Stephan Blum LB: 17 year old signed for £1.7 million. A complete waste of money, my scouts were badly wrong and this guy will never make my team. Will try to move on this summer.

Matthew Newman CB: 18 year old bought in on loan as cover. I gave this guy his Wales debut when he was 16. I was looking into signing him and whilst he played well for me, he doesn’t have enough potential.

Transfers

Finances

Disappointingly my sponsorship has been dramatically reduced. Our main sponsor was worth 800k per year has now gone down to 425k per year for 4 years. Our 2 smaller sponsors have stayed at 26k per year and gone up 5k to 29k per year.

Aside from that our finances aren’t looking too bad thanks to knockout football but if we really want to increase the balance we need to progress further.

Finances

Wales

The National team is ranked 137th and have no yet started World cup qualifying.

TNS lost 3-1 in the 3rd Q round of the Euro Cup to a Georgian team.

Bangor City lost on away goals to a Belarusian team in the 3rd Q round of the Euro Cup.

Port Talbot went out in the 2nd Q round.

The WPL moved back up 4 places to 18th in Europe.. Carmarthen moved up 5 places to 8th in Europe which should give me 1st seed in next years champions league. The Welsh national co-efficient has once again improved and we will have a team in the group stage without any pre qualifiers. The other team will be in the best placed playoff. Euro cup spaces stay the same.

Welsh young player of the year: Colin Blain (Carmarthen)

Welsh footballer of the year: Huw Hughes (Carmarthen)

WPL Player of the year: Thomas Robertson (Carmarthen)

WPL Young Player of the year: Thomas Robertson (Carmarthen)

Manager of the year: Jamal Sampson (Ton Pentre)

Team of the year

Champions League

3rd Qualifying Round

Molde (H) 4-0. An easy win as expected with goals from Hughes, Muller, Fernandez and Paolacci. Pretty much guarantees progression into the next round.

Molde (A) 5-0. 4 goals from new signing and Northern Ireland striker Grant Elliot and a goal from Fernandez ensured an easy victory as we stroll into the next round.

Champions League

Champions Playoff

Wisla (A) 4-0. Another comfortable win in Europe as expected. We got 4 away goals with Paolacci (2) and Pischedda on the scoresheet which effectively puts the tie to bed.

WIsla (H) 3-0. Another comfortable win, even if 2 of our goals came in the last 2 minutes.

Great thread - amazing how far you've taken the Old Gold!

How are you actually playing the games on the match engine, your flying through the seasons - it takes me ages!

Now i've got my tactics etc sorted i just play commentry only, although for the big european games i do watch the key parts in 3D. There's only so much fun to be had watching goals when your winning every game 5 or 6 nil. Plus with something like this i need to be able to do seasons fast.

I've taken another International job. I did apply for England after the Euros but i got laughed off despite being the 2nd best manager in the world. However, when the Iraq job came up i applied and the rest is history.

internationalgc.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

They Have recently started the World Cup Qualifying campaign and find themselves bottom of the group after 3 games, although with a bit of luck i'm hoping we can finish 3rd to get in the playoff's. I think a top 2 finish with the likes of Japan and Saudi Arabia is a step too far for us. They are currently ranked 76th in the world.

iraqtable.png

My first task as manager of Iraq was to find an ass man. I wanted a Welshman to join me out in Iraq and i found former Carmarthen youth player Joe Christopher newly retired and out of a job. He made over 200 appearances for Carmarthen so he's learnt from the best so hopefully he can help me bring sucess to the middle east

Champions League

Group Stage

Marseille (H) 2-0. An even game with both sides having some good chances. We took the lead towards the end of the first half through a Muller penalty. Elliot then came off the bench to grab us a 2nd goal on the 80th minute for a fairly comfortable win.

Shakhtar (A) 1-0. A good win in a tough match. The only goal of the game was scored by Paolacci just before half time. The other talking point was the double sending off which meant we were down to 9 men from the 70th minute. Santos received a straight red then Muller, who was already booked, got a 2nd yellow for arguing with the officials

Panathinaikos (H) 3-0. An easy win as expected. Elliot gave us the lead on the 17th minute before doubling the score just before halftime. We continued to dominate in the 2nd half, with Elliot completing his hat-trick on the 65th minute.

Iraq? Interesting venture.
This has been a brilliant career so far,good luck for the new season and with Iraq on the national front.

Cheers, i only applied for the Iraq job as a laugh but when i got offered the job i took it as i wanted to manage an international team. Not the most conventional job ill give you that :p

Iraq 2032

iraqresults.png

My first game in charge was against North Korea. We drew 1-1 which was disapointing as they were the kind of games we needed to be winning, what was worse is that we were 2nd best for most of the game.

The next match was against Japan who were far better than us and we done well to only limit them to one goal.

For the friendly against Thailand i tried out new formations/players and it backfired massively as we fell to a 3-0 defeat. Some work to be done for sure!

iraqtable.png

We are 5 games into qualifying with only 2 points, we have 4 games left and we are going to have to get at least 2 wins and a draw from that to make the playoff's which i'm not sure we'll be able to do considering the team is poor.

Champions League

Group Stage

Panathinaikos (A) 3-1. A Paolacci goal gave us the lead going into half time. Panathinaikos equalised just after half time but a Muller penalty and own goal gave us a win that guarantees qualification and almost guarantees us 1st place in the group.

Marseille (A) 1-0. Bit of a scrappy game this. The only goal came from a penalty before half time from Muller. The 2nd half was pretty dull although this does mean that we have won the group.

Shakhtar (H) 2-0. A comfortable win to end the group stage. Elliot gave us the lead after 33 minutes and Muller doubled it just before half time from a freekick. This means that we have gone unbeaten in the group stage for the 3rd year in a row.

Group Table

Champions League

First Knockout Round

Liverpool (A) 2-2 A game of 2 halves. We had a great start with Paolacci putting us ahead after 4 minutes. He doubled it on the half hour mark to give us a good lead going into half time. Liverpool came out strong in the 2nd half, pulling one back on the 67th minute. Unfortunately they were also able to grab a 2nd late in the game which is disappointing given the position we were in.

Liverpool (H) 4-0 .A much better performance this time. Andre gave us the lead after 28 minutes but soon went off injured. His replacement, Elliot, scored our 2nd on the 64th minute, putting us in a strong position. The 3rd goal was scored by sub Hughes with 15 minutes left before Gaccione, another sub, finished off the match with a great individual goal.

Champions League

Quarter Final

Bayern (H) 2-3. A poor game from us, Bayern went 2-0 up 20 minutes in after a disastrous start. Elliot pulled one back on the 33rd minute before Bayern added a 3rd just before half time. We had a few good chances in the 2nd half and Eder got a goal on the 71st minute to just about keep us in it, although the 3 away goals could prove costly.

Bayern (A) 2-3. It was all over after 30 minute when Bayern went 2-0 up. I don’t know why but in these 2 games our defence has fallen to pieces. We conceded once in the group stage then 6 times in 2 games. Very strange as yet again we fail to advance past the Quarter finals for the 5th year in a row. Starting to think it’ll never happen…

Carmarthen 2032/2033

League

We won the first 22 games in the league and had a 24 point lead. Bangor and TNS were in joint 2nd at this point. Our unbeaten streak was ended by Neath on the 23rd game of the season.

We won the league after 25 game, comfortably ahead of Llanelli who took 2nd place and the other Champions League spot. TNS, Port Talbot and Bangor City got the Euro Cup spaces.

League Table

Cups

Welsh Cup

Loosemores Cup

Champions League

Transfers

Grant Elliot ST: Buy of the season. Great young striker who cost me £650k, got 34 goals in 33 games this season and can only get better.

Danilson Santos CB RB: Solid defender who was much needed, at 24 he’s got a good future at the club and had a great first season.

Ignacio Ferreras CB: 6ft 6’ giant Centre back who cost me £4.7million, only 23 yet he’s our best defenders. Had a pretty good season although he was a bit shaky in Europe at times.

Miroslav Petrovic CB: Another defender who came in on a free transfer, added strength in depth and was a good backup in Europe when called upon.

The big transfer out this season was Fragapane who was out of contract at the end of the season. We got £6.75 million for him as that was his minimum release clause although I’m sure that we could have got a lot more had that not been the case.

Transfers

Finances

The board are increasing the seating capacity by 950 costing around £120k, this should mean I can fit in 2500 at European matches. Total stadium capacity is 3500.

Youth facilities are also being upgraded for £2.5million, although they are already state of the art.

Other than that our finances don’t look too much different to every other year, with knockout football ensuring we have around £12million in the bank.

Finances

Wales

The National team is ranked 122nd and are 4th in Euro 2034 qualification.

TNS lost 2-1 to Galatasaray in the Champions league best placed playoff 3rd Q round. They were then beaten in the 4th Q round of the Euro cup by Shalke.

Bangor City lost in the 4th Q round to Palermo.

Port Talbot beat a team from San Marino in the 2nd Q round, but lost to an Icelandic team in the 3rd Q round.

Llanelli got destroyed in the 3rd Q round by Valur from Iceland.

The WPL moved up 5 places to 13th in Europe. Carmarthen have moved up to 7th in Europe. Welsh qualification places stay the same.

Welsh young player of the year: Colin Blain (Carmarthen)

Welsh footballer of the year: Huw Hughes (Carmarthen)

WPL Player of the year: Eder (Carmarthen)

WPL Young Player of the year: Thomas Robertson (Carmarthen)

Manager of the year: Rhys Stevens (Bala)

Team of the year

Iraq World Cup Qualification

iraqtable.png

iraqresults.png

Despite finishing bottom of the group we came very close to getting into 3rd place and the playoff's for the World Cup. With 2 games left it seemed as though all hope of 3rd was lost, but a great win over India meant that if we beat North Korea then we would get in the playoff's. However, on the day North Korea were just too good for us and dragged us down to the bottom.

Whilst this campaign was disapointing and at times frustrating i'm looking forward to qualification for the Asian cup, although we have lost the first 2 games for that! I've recently found a couple of decent striker willing to play for us from Sweden so hopefully they can kickstart a good run.

Champions League

Group Stage

Porto (H) 0-1. An 85th minute goal was enough to give Porto victory in the first group game. I’m not surprised, we have about 6 key players injured including 3 starting defenders, as well as this, the morale is all over the place for some reason, even in the league we only won one of our first 3 games.

Bordeaux (A) 3-0. Two first half goals from Gaccione gave us a comfortable lead. Bordeaux had a few chances in the 2nd half but we defended well, with Paolacci scoring a 3rd after 55 minutes.

Rapid Bucharest (A) 3-0. A comfortable win in a match we dominated. Petrovic got our first goal early on as it remained 1-0 until half time. In the 55th minute Gaccione converted a penalty before Santos added a 3rd from a corner.

Iraq 2033/Asia Nations Cup Quals

iraqresults.png

iraqtable.png

We've had a couple of good friendly results this year but our campaign to qualify for the Asia Nations cup is all but over after losing our first 3 games. The first 2 matches we were poor but i was more focused on World Cup Qualifying to really pay much attention to it. The lose against Bahrain was disapointing but we just don't have the quality to compete even against these teams. There are a few duel citizens of Sweden/Iraq who could add something to the team but at the moment most of them aren't willing to play for Iraq.

We are currently ranked 99th in the world.

Champions League

Group Stage

Rapid Bucharest (H) 4-0. Another easy win against this team. Hughes gave us the lead after 3 minutes with Ferreras adding another not long after from a corner. Bucharest scored an own goal on the 33rd minute to make it 3-0 and got another later in the 2nd half.

Porto (A) 0-1. We were 2nd best for most of the match. Our keeper saved a penalty early on but that didn’t stop Porto scoring shortly after. We had our chances in the 2nd half but we weren’t clinical enough.

Bordeaux (H) 3-1. We needed to avoid defeat in this match and we done exactly that. Elliot gave us a 1-0 lead going into half time before 2 Eder goals in the 2nd half gave us a comfortable win.

Group Table

Champions League

First Knockout Round

PSG (H) 3-1. Two early goals from Grant Elliot gave us the lead going into the first half after a good performance. Eder made it three from the penalty spot after an hour but disappointingly PSG pulled one back late on meaning that the tie isn’t completely over.

PSG (A) 0-0. A fairly dull game. We were the better team in the first half, with PSG having no chances. Things picked up in the 2nd half but neither team managed to find the net.

Champions League

Quarter Final

AC Milan (A) 2-1. We survived an early Milan onslaught to take the lead after 34 minutes on the counter. Milan equalised minutes after and they remained in control until we took the lead in the 75th minute through an Eder freekick, giving us an important away win.

AC Milan (H) 1-0. A Rodriguez goal on the 11th minute was all that separated the two teams but it could easily have been more. Milan hardly turned up and we had plenty of chances to score, aswell as having one goal ruled out for offside. For the first time ever, the semi finals await…

Edit: Just Noticed that Milan were reigning champions so that was no mean feat.

Archived