The Welsh Barcelona: Carmarthen Town

JackJCFC

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Super Cup

Werder Bremen (N) 4-4 (3-5 Pens). What a crazy game! We absolutly dominated the first 30 minutes and took the lead but out of no-where Bremen got 2 goals to take the lead into half time. Hughes came on midway through the 2nd half and scored straight away, we added a 3rd not long after but Bremen pegged us back immediatly. The match went to extra time where Burns gave us the lead again only for Bremen to get one back 2 mins later. The game ended and went to pens where the Germans were typically clinical scoring every pen but for us Garcia missed his spot kick, losing us the game.

In other news i managed to get 2nd seed in the group stage draw, still ended up being pretty tough though.

Champions League

Group Stage

Athletico Madrid (A) 0-1. Our first game was against 3rd seed Athletico, the first half was even with both sides playing well. In the 2nd half however we were very poor and deserved to lose the match.

Panathinaikos (H) 2-0. A solid win with goals from Hughes and Andre, probably should have been more but an important 3 points.

Arsenal (H) 3-1. A good win for us, the first half was fairly even but we managed to nick a lead from a corner shortly before half time. In the second half we played well on the counter with Burns getting our 2nd goal. Ndolvu added a 3rd to kill off the game before Arsenal got a consolation goal from a penalty in the 92nd minute.

I think qualification is on the cards, just need to get something in Athens and make up for Athletico in the return.

Yep, i recon if i can get 10 or 11 points i can make top 2, depending on how Arsenal v Athletico goes.

Group Stage

Arsenal (A) 0-0. Arsenal were all over us for the whole match, we offered very little upfront but a great defensive performance ensured the point.

Athletico Madrid (H) 0-1. We were all over them for the whole game but we were far too wasteful infront of goal. Madrid scored their only shot on target. A costly defeat. To progress we had to hope Arsenal didn’t beat Athletico.

Panathinaikos (A) 3-0. A simple enough win thanks to goals from Andre (2) and Guthrie, we were down to 10 men after Sousa went off injured but it made no difference. Arsenal lost 4-1 which means that we finish 2nd.

Group Table

Cheers, hopefully its the champions league this time! :p

I'm assuming you're a club legend by now, man? (If you've put it in the thread I've missed it, my apologies).... just wondered if so, how many trophies did you have to win to earn it? My 9 haven't been enough to even get to icon yet!

I'm assuming you're a club legend by now, man? (If you've put it in the thread I've missed it, my apologies).... just wondered if so, how many trophies did you have to win to earn it? My 9 haven't been enough to even get to icon yet!

Yeah i've been a club legend for some time now. Not 100% sure when i became a legend tbh, maybe around 2018? 4 my players have gone on to become legends aswell so far.

At that point i would have had about 6 league titles and won both the cups a few times.

Champions League

1st Knockout Round

Having missed out on Lyon in the group stage for the first time in several years, i had the bad luck of drawing them in the knockout round instead!

Lyon (H) 3-0. We were the better team in the first half although at half time it was 0-0. on the 65th minute Burns gave us the lead before Andre added 2 on the 80th and 92nd minute to give us a great lead for the 2nd leg, importantly with no away goals given away. This win took me by surprise but it was Lyons poor finishing which helped us alot.

Lyon (A) 2-1. For most of the first half Lyon were all over us and took the lead after 24 minutes. However, we got one back just before half time on the counter. In the second half things were more even and we even managed a 2nd goal after a Lyon defender scored in his own net.

Champions League

Quarter Final

Barcelona (H) 0-1. A tough game which Barca were the better team throughout, however, it did look to be heading for a respectable 0-0 draw until they scored in the 91st minute. Pretty gutting.

Barcelona (A) 0-2. Barca were dominant in the first half but we managed to hold them out. However, we seemed to fall apart after half time, conceding almost straight away, i went all out attack, conceding another goal not long after to end the game 2-0 and dump us out.

You weren't too badly beaten, so close to challenging I think.

Yeah, if i can get one or 2 more players in certain positions then i think i can do better in these types of matches. The money has really helped anyway, much better than the EURO Cup.

Carmarthen 2028/2029

League

Predicted: 1st

Finished: 1st

We won every game up until the league split and had a 18 point lead over Llanelli and TNS in 2nd and 3rd respectively, they were the teams who had broken off from the rest of the pack and were competing for the last champions league spot.

Our win streak continued and we won the league after 26 games, we lost our 30th league game away to Neath after hitting bad form post-Barca match. TNS took 2nd place quite clearly. Llanelli were close behind in 3rd whilst, Neath and Bangor City take the other EURO spots.

League Table

League Graph

Cups

Welsh Cup: We lost in the final to Wrexham 2-1 after an own goal by one of our own defenders. Wrexham are now a mid-table PL team.

Loosemores Cup: Beat Neath 3-0.

Europe

Made it through the group stages for the 2nd time in our history, we then beat Lyon before crashing out to Barca 3-0 on aggregate in the Quarters.

Group Table

Transfers

Jony Lopez GK: 26 year old GK signed for 500k, proved to be a bargain signing. Part of the reason for our good European performance and earned his first international cap in January.

Berkay Duran RB: 18 year old RB on a free, replaces Christopher who went to West Brom. This guy has great potential but at the moment he’s 2nd choice and plays only domestic football.

Felix Muller CM CDM: Another played signed on a free, 22 years old, I signed him as a backup but his consistently good performances meant that he soon became a feature of my first 11.

Fernando CM: 19 year old and a bit of a risky buy, at first he was a failure but he adjusted after a couple of months and proved to be a good box to box midfielder, he can only get better.

Lukas Alibabic ST: Big 18 year old striker with good all round ability, played as a backup but got 15 goals in 21 apps, again, someone with the potential to be as good as Andre.

Christian Ebeye LB: 18 year old free transfer, LB was our weakest position, at the moment this guy isn’t that great but he has the potential to be, a solid first season from him.

Eder CDM CM: 17 year old from Brazil who my scouts really rated, managed to get him on a free transfer, physically he’s not developed enough to play regularly but in a few years he should be a top midfielder.

Markus Walzlein GK: young keeper touted as the next Lehman, haven’t played him yet and his potential isn’t as good as first thought. May loan him next year, if not perhaps I will have to cash in.

We made over £6.5million in transfers this year, the big talking point was Garcia’s transfer to Juventus for £6million. He was out of contract at the end of the year and he was refusing to sign so I was delighted when I got an offer of £6million for him in January.

Transfers

Finances

Our youth and training facilities are both being upgraded for a total cost of £7.25 million. I’ll post a screen shot when they are done.

Our finances were very healthy this year, the transfer of Garcia helped us enormously, as did the £4/5million prize money we got from the Champions league knockout stages. That’s on top of the £6million from making the group stages and £4.3million from TV rights.

Our Attendance was much better this year as well, we sold out 81% of seats in the league although this went down in the 2nd half of the season, at the start we were almost selling out.

We have a new main sponsor worth £800k per year for 3 years, this is twice what it was before.

Finances

Wales

The National team is ranked 134th, up 40 places from last year. They lost their first game in World Cup qualifying to N.Ireland.

Llanelli lost 7-2 in the 3rd Q round of the champions league to Rangers. They then lost in the Euro cup 4th Q round to Besiktas.

Neath went out in the 4th Q round to Fiorentina.

Prestatyn went out in the 3rd Q round to Sturm Graz.

TNS won the 2nd Q round of the Euro Cup, they were beat by Rapid Bucharest in the 4th.

The WPL moved up 4 places to 14th in Europe, both cups moved up 5 places. Carmarthen moved up one place to 19th in Europe. Wales’ Euro spots stay the same.

Welsh young player of the year: Iestyn Jones (Carmarthen)

Welsh footballer of the year: Huw Hughes (Carmarthen)

WPL Player of the year: Martin Burns (Carmarthen)

WPL Young Player of the year: Iestyn Jones (Carmarthen)

Manager of the year: Me

Team of the year

Champions League

3rd Qualifying Round

Levski (A) 5-0. Absolutly dominated the game, the tie is essentially over thanks to goals from Andre, Sousa, Burns, Ndolvu and an own goal.

Levski (H) 6-0. Goals aplenty once again to give us an easy ride into the Champions Playoff.

Always enjoy reading your reports Jack, they are to the point and we all know that Messi posts (see what I did there? :D) are boring to read, so well done yet again on your end of season report! The finances are looking fantastic considering the spending spree on facilities etc. Lets hope the sponsorship will double again next year! Also well done on reaching the Quarter Final of the Champions League, your getting there slowly.

Always enjoy reading your reports Jack, they are to the point and we all know that Messi posts (see what I did there? :D) are boring to read, so well done yet again on your end of season report! The finances are looking fantastic considering the spending spree on facilities etc. Lets hope the sponsorship will double again next year! Also well done on reaching the Quarter Final of the Champions League, your getting there slowly.

Cheers :thup:. The little Champions league run i had helped the finances quite a bit so it balanced out the facility improvements. Hopefully they will be state of the art afterwards!

Did Levski even turn up?

Evidently not :D We weren't even fully fit either as it's still preseason!

Champions League

Group Stage

Metalist (A) 2-1. A lucky win if I’m honest, we were terrible in the first half so I went more attacking in the 2nd. We got a goal on the hour mark before Andre saved us with an 89th minute goal to give us the victory.

Arsenal (H) 1-0. A close game, the first half was pretty dull but it livened up in the 2nd half with both sides having plenty of chances, in the end it was Makhanya’s goal that separated the sides.

Sevilla (A) 1-2. An end to end game. We took the lead in the first half but Sevilla equalised just before half time. We started the 2nd half well but couldn’t score, Sevilla then got the winner with 10 minutes to go.

Champions League

Group Stage

Sevilla (H) 1-0. We were much the better team in the first half but it remained goal-less at half time. The second half was more even but we managed to get the win thanks to an own goal.

Metalist (H) 6-0. One of out best group stage performances, the game was beyond doubt after 20 minutes when we went 3-0 up. Andre went on to get a hat-trick, whilst Sousa and Hughes both added one each on top of an own goal. This guarantees progression to the latter stages.

Arsenal (A) 2-0. This was the battle for 1st place and we came out on top. Andre put us ahead after 5 minutes but Arsenal came at us strong from then on, however, we defended well and Andre got a 2nd goal on the 69th minute to give us a well earned win.

Group Table

Champions League

First Knockout Round

Man United (A) 1-1. We went ahead on the 6th minute but apart from that we were awful. United dominated the whole game but it wasn’t until a 78th minute penalty that they took the lead, the foul from which I had a player sent off. Nonetheless, the away goal gives us something going into the 2nd leg.

Man United (H) 1-0. Our squad was a bit bare for this match with youth players on the bench. However, we won the match thanks again to an early United own goal. The game itself was pretty equal but we held them out to progress.

Champions League

Quarter Final

Next us we face our parent team and current champions, PSG.

PSG (H) 0-0. A good result but disastrous in every other way. Andre got sent off in the first half meaning he will miss the next 3 matches, putting him out of the 2nd leg and potentially the semi final. As well as this our best midfielder by a mile got injured in the 2nd half, luckily this is only short term. On the plus side we didn’t concede any goals.

PSG (A) 1-3. We had an awful start, conceding 2 in the first 15 minutes. In the second half we went all out attack and pulled one back through an own goal with about 10 minutes left. I pushed more players forward, leaving us vulnerable and we conceded a 3rd goal. Disappointed but expected defeat.

Carmarthen 2029/2030

League

Predicted: 1st

Finished: 1st

We were unbeaten at the 22 game split and had an 18 point lead over Neath, TNS were close behind in 3rd. We won the league after 25 games, at which point we were still unbeaten. We continued this streak to the end of the season having gained a total of 94 points, 2 off a perfect season.

TNS took 2nd place on the final day of the season to take the champions league spot whilst Neath finished in 3rd. Llanelli and Port Talbot took the other Euro spots.

League Table

League Graph

Cups

Welsh Cup: We beat Newport County 6-0 in the final having knocked Wrexham out a few rounds earlier.

Loosemores Cup: Beat TNS 4-1 having gone a goal down early on.

Europe

Finished top of a pretty straightforward group featuring Arsenal and Sevilla.

Group Table

After that we beat Man United 2-1 over both legs in the first knockout round. We then faced reigning champions PSG who knocked us out 3-1.

Transfers

For some reason it put 3 of this seasons transfers on lasts seasons page.

Jurendic Vladimir RB: 20 year old signed for free, good player who plays as a backup at the moment, has good potential.

Asger Moller GK: 20 year old signed on a free transfer who is already at a good standard and will get better. Played 21 games conceded 4.

Kevin Fragapane CM CDM: Cost me £5million but he’s by far the best player at our club, big teams such as PSG are interested in him. He had a solid season but I expected a little more.

Lamine Diallo ST: 26 year old poacher signed for £400k, plays as a backup but does well. Got 20 goals in 28 games mostly from the bench.

Alvaro Oliviera LB CB: Versatile player who became my first choice left back, cost me £600k and should become even better.

The big news in terms of sales this year was that we sold Cedillo for £9 million, he was by far the best defender we had at the club but his contract was almost up and he wanted wages I couldn’t afford. The £9million is a great return from 10 years ago when I signed him at 15 for £400k.

Transfers

Finances

The board have announced that they plan to expand the stadium by 450 seats, this is massively underwhelming but at least it’s a start.

Training facilities are also being improved for £2.3million.

We also have a new sponsor worth 30k a year, 5k up on before.

Overall the finances are healthy with around £17million in the bank.

Finances

Wales

The National team is ranked 156th in the world and didn’t qualify for the World Cup.

TNS lost 6-3 in the 3rd Q round of the champions league to Celtic. They then lost in the Euro cup 4th Q round to Spartak Moscow.

Neath went out in the 2nd Q round to Banants.

Bangor City went out in the 3rd Q round to FC Twente.

Llanelli lost in the 4th Q round to Locomotiv Moscow.

The WPL dropped 4 places to 18th in Europe. Carmarthen moved up 7 places to 14th in europe which should give us a good seeding next season. Wales dropped 2 places in the Qualification places and so next season will not have 2 champions league positions.

Welsh young player of the year: Daemon Hicks (Neath, on loan from Carmarthen)

Welsh footballer of the year: Kyle Bowen (Llanelli)

WPL Player of the year:Jacob Makhanya (Carmarthen)

WPL Young Player of the year: James Heath (Carmarthen)

Manager of the year: Me

Team of the year

Champions League

Group Stage

Stuttgart (H) 3-1. The first time in years I’ve not used 5-3-2 in Europe and we got a good result. There was a slight scare when Stuttgart equalised with 15 minutes left but a strong finish gave us the win.

Real Madrid (A) 1-0. Madrid were all over us for the whole game but we had our chances by playing on the counter attack. Diallo got the goal half way through the 2nd half and our defence remained solid to give us an impressive win.

Basel (H) 2-0. Two goals from Andre were all that were needed for a pretty straightforward win to ensure we have top spot in the group after 3 games.

Basel (A) 2-1. A fairly even game, we took the lead after 4 minutes through an own goal, this was doubled after half an hour by Andre. Basel pulled one back late on but it wasn’t enough. The result means we have qualified from the group.

Stuttgart (A) 2-2. We took the lead on the 18th minute but 2 goals in 6 minutes from Stuttgart put us behind. A change of emphasis in the 2nd half allowed us to get a goal back but we weren’t able to find a winner despite our dominance.

Real Madrid (H) 3-1. We dominated the first half and took a deserved 2-0 lead in at the break. Real were better in the 2nd half and pulled one back with 20 minutes left, however a 2nd goal for Andre not long after ensured the win and top spot in the group.

Group Table

Champions League

First Knockout Round

Shakhtar (A) 3-0. The match was closer than the score-line suggests, Andre gave us the lead early on but it was only a fantastic performance from our keeper which kept us in the lead at half time. This continued into the 2nd half, we got our 2nd with 20 minutes remaining from the penalty spot before an own goal gave us an important 3 away goals going into the 2nd leg.

Shakhtar (H) 1-2. Started with 4-2-3-1 this time to be more attacking but it backfired and we found ourselves 2-0 at half time. I reverted back to 5-3-2 for the 2nd half and we were much better and put the game to bed with a goal in the last 10 minutes from a corner.

Champions League

Quarter Final

PSG (A) 1-0. We took an early lead which meant that we were able to sit back and defend for the rest of the match. PSG were strong throughout but we kept a clean sheet. Better than last years results and an important lead going into the 2nd leg.

PSG (H) 1-2. Absolutely gutted, we took the lead early on but PSG came back strong scoring on the 61st and 83rd minute to put us out on away goals. We shouldn’t have lost this one like we did, it’s a shame we didn’t win as PSG were the last big team left as Barca, Real Madrid, Man United all went out in the last round.

That's unlucky Jack :( Real shame considering what you said about the other big teams!
What a shame after you 1-0 win in France. Must be frustrating.

I thought this was the year i could make the final :(. It is frustrating, especially as i had them at the same stage in the competition last year!!

Archived