The Welsh Barcelona: Carmarthen Town

JackJCFC

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

attendance.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The attendances are rising at a pretty good rate. The main problem i have is that the stadium is 3000 capacity with only 1,056 seating so on european game i can only sell 1,056 tickets and am missing out on 2/3 of potential ticket revenue, hopefully i can get the board to add new seats soon.

The attendances are rising at a pretty good rate. The main problem i have is that the stadium is 3000 capacity with only 1,056 seating so on european game i can only sell 1,056 tickets and am missing out on 2/3 of potential ticket revenue, hopefully i can get the board to add new seats soon.

That sucks, big time. Why your board haven't changed that yet is amazing.

attendance.png

Another couple of years and you'll be able to ask for a bigger ground...maybe they'll change to all seater in the process?

Lyon (H) 0-1. A tough game where Lyon had the better of the play. We had a few chances but were unable to convert any.

Barcelona (A) 0-5. Worst performance I’ve seen in years. Defence was an absolute shambles and we deserved to lose. I expected to lose this match but the way in which we done it was a disgrace.

Ajax (H) 3-0 Absolutely dominated the game and got a good win but unfortunately Lyon beat Barca meaning we finished 3rd.

Group Table

Lyon (H) 0-1. A tough game where Lyon had the better of the play. We had a few chances but were unable to convert any.

Barcelona (A) 0-5. Worst performance I’ve seen in years. Defence was an absolute shambles and we deserved to lose. I expected to lose this match but the way in which we done it was a disgrace.

Ajax (H) 3-0 Absolutely dominated the game and got a good win but unfortunately Lyon beat Barca meaning we finished 3rd.

Group Table

Getting knocked out with 9 points is really unlucky. Still, taking 9 points from that group is brilliant progress.

Euro Cup

First Knockout Round

First Leg: Olympiakos 0:1 Carmarthen. A tough away game with both sides having good chances. We grabbed our goal mid-way through the 2nd half which gave us an important away goal and a clean sheet.

Second Leg: Carmarthen 4:0 Olympiakos. A great first 30 minutes virtually killed off the tie as we managed to dominate throughout to progress to the next round.

Euro Cup

Second Knockout Round

First Leg: CSKA Moscow 2:0 Carmarthen. A poor match for us, we conceded straight away and had a goal disallowed after 10 minutes. To make matters worst we had a man sent off mid way through the first half. From then on it was just about holding on but CSKA doubled their lead giving us a big task in the 2nd leg.

Second Leg: Carmarthen 4:2 CSKA Moscow. We were so unlucky in this game, we went in at half time 1-0 down and needing at least 4 goals to go through. In the 2nd half we came out an completly different team and in the 78th minute looked to have won the game only for CSKA to get one back in the 84th minute sending us out on away goals. This has to go down as one of the best games i've seen in this career though, edge of the seat stuff.

Cheers guys. In the end i felt hard done by, losing on away goals but looking back im quite proud of the comeback we had in the 2nd half. The match reminded me of Chelsea v Napoli last night except the home team didnt go through :(

Cheers guys. In the end i felt hard done by, losing on away goals but looking back im quite proud of the comeback we had in the 2nd half. The match reminded me of Chelsea v Napoli last night except the home team didnt go through :(

I dont support Chelsea, but that match was epic, I watched it while playing FM :D

I can definately see the comparison, i'm sure next season you wont even visit the Europa League, you will reach the next stage of the Champions League!

Carmarthen 2026/2027

League

Predicted: 1st

Finished: 1st

The league was once again pretty simple, we had an 18 point lead at the split with TNS and Llanelli fighting for 2nd. We won the league after 25 games for the 15th year in a row.

We finished the season unbeaten, Llanelli took 2nd and so go into the champions league with TNS in 3rd. Aberystwyth and Haverfordwest took the remaining euro spots.

League Table

League Graph

Cups

Welsh Cup: Dominated the match but only beat Wrexham 1-0.

Loosemores Cup: Beat Llanelli 4-0.

Europe

Came third in the champions league group stage.

Group Table

In the Euro cup we beat Olympiakos before losing to CSKA.

Transfers

Joe Connery ST: 17 year old striker who has the potential to be a good player for us, played mostly from the bench this year bagging 5 goals in 17 games.

Luis Zampieri ST: Decent striker signed on a free, struggled to get a spot in the first team due to high competition but scored 10 goals in 26 games.

Andre ST: 26 year old signed for £2.6million, probably the best buy I’ve done in a while, he got some vital goals in Europe and broke a club record to get 45 goals in 32.

Zhivko Bekyarov RB: quick right back signed for just over a million, done well throughout the season and is now a firm first choice.

Zakaria Ghillas GK: signed for £1.4 I desperately needed a good keeper having lost my old one on a free, however he didn’t live up to his fee and was rather poor. Looking to get rid this summer.

Transfers

Finances

Training facilities are going to be upgraded, costing £1.8million.

We were losing quite a lot of money every month due to high wages but with the size of our stadium as it is this is unavoidable if we want to be competitive. The money from group stage football just about covers our wages so more is needed if I want to make transfers, make improvements etc.

Despite all the talk and rumour, we haven’t been taken over yet, although I hope it comes soon.

Finances

Wales

The national team job is going about as bad it can get. We have only scored 2 goals under my management. (around 6 games) Our centre backs are just awful, most of them are only semi pro footballers. Our best result so far is 0-0 against Ireland. Morale is rock bottom and the team still do not know my tactics which is making things 10 times harder. We almost beat Georgia 2-1 but conceded twice in the last 7 minutes to lose the game.

Results

TNS lost in the 3rd Q round of the Champions league champions playoff to Benfica. In the 4th Q round of the euro cup they managed a home win against Metalist before losing the 2nd leg and not making it through

Aberystwyth went out in the 2nd Q round to a team from Kazakhstan.

Bangor City went out in the 3rd Q round to Dundee United.

Llanelli lost to Basel in the 4th Q round.

The WPL dropped 5 places to 18th after a poor European show from all teams involved. Carmarthen moved up 14 places to 23rd in Europe. Qualification places stay the same.

Welsh young player of the year: Iestyn Jones (Carmarthen)

Welsh footballer of the year: Huw Hughes (Carmarthen)

WPL Player of the year: Carlos Mateos (Carmarthen)

WPL Young Player of the year: Iestyn Jones (Carmarthen)

Manager of the year: Me

Team of the year

sacked.png

Just been sacked from the Wales job, can't say its a surprise, i was just about to resign when i saw the news in my inbox. Probably the least enjoyable managerial experience i've ever had, the team is absolutly shocking, ranked 176th in the world and sturggle to score against even the worst of opposition. Aswell as that when this guy is the best defender available you know you have problems.

All i can do i try and improve youth recruitment so that better young welsh players come through, if i can do that then i may have another crack at it in a few years if they'll let me. Otherwise i'm steering well clear!

Our takeover has been completed, with a new board member stepping up as the club chairman. Don't think this will have much impact on the club, i just hope he likes youth development.

Edit: good start, he's allowed me to improve youth facilities after 1 day, bit costly at £4million though, this should take them to excellent.

Champions League

Group Stage

Anderlecht (H) 2-0. Completely dominated the match with the goals coming at the beggining of the game and at the very end. Should have really won by more.

Lyon (A) 2-3. We didn’t play well at all, our defensive performance in particular was a let down. We were down to 10 men in the last 10 minutes due to injuries and that’s when we conceded the decisive 3rd goal.

FC Bayern (A) 1-2. Bayern were all over us for the whole match, we went attacking in the last 20 minutes, conceding straight away before grabbing a late consolation goal.

Bayern (H) 1-1. Gutted. We defended well most of the match and had the lead until Bayern equalised in the 93rd minute, could be costly.

Anderlecht (A) 2-1. They took a long time to come but we eventually got our first goal in the 84th minute with Andre adding a 2nd 3 minutes later. Anderlecht got one back on the 88th but we held out for an important 3 points.

Lyon (H) 1-3. We had the better of the game but defensively we were very poor, don’t know why we have gone backwards in this respect in Europe. Result doesn’t matter anyway as even a win wouldn’t have been enough for 2nd as Bayern won.

Group Table

Euro Cup

First knockout round

HSV (A) 1-1. Our first tie was a difficult one against last years finalists HSV. It started off badly as we conceded after 2 minutes. However, we battled on and got an equaliser near half time. We continued to improve as the match went on but we couldn’t grab a 2nd goal.

HSV (H) 1-1 ET (3-1P) A even game that could have gone either way, HSV went in at half time with a lead but Andre pulled one back on the hour mark. The game then went to extra time then penalties where we remained calm and composed enough to finish as the winners.

Euro Cup

Second knockout round

Besiktas (A) 2-0. A great win for us, we were solid defensively and had the better of possession and attacking play, although both our goals came from corners. The 2 away goals gave us a strong position going into the 2nd leg.

Besiktas (H) 2-0. An early goal settled any nerves and allowed us to sit back and soak up the pressure with another good defensive performance, we added a 2nd late on from a set piece.

Euro Cup

Quarter Final

Celtic (A) 0-1. A pretty poor game, disapointed with the fact we didnt get a shot on target, the lack of an away goal makes the job harder.

Celtic (H) 3-1. A very nerve wracking game, we got an early goal but Celtic got one back on the half hour mark. With 20 minutes left it looked like we were heading out until surprise hero Kopric bagged two goals in the last 15 minutes to put us through.

Euro Cup

Semi Final

Sunderland (H) 1-0. Sunderland were all over us in the first half but after a strong team talk we came out a better team in the 2nd half, we played well on the counter attack and Andre grabbed a late goal to give us a slender lead for the 2nd leg.

Sunderland (A) 0-0. I rested a few of the players who were a yellow away from a ban and it didnt seem to make a difference. We were the better team but a bit wasteful infront of goal, that didnt matter however, as we once again made it to the final where we face Liverpool!

Carmarthen 2027/2028

League

Predicted: 1st

Finished: 1st

We won every game up until the league split and had a 20 point lead over Llanelli who were going strong in 2nd place.

Our win streak continued and we won the league after 25 games, we lost the 26th match of the season to Llanelli. Llanelli took 2nd place quite clearly. Neath, Prestatyn and TNS take the other EURO spots.

League Table

League Graph

Cups

Welsh Cup: Played a weakened team due to Europe but we beat Wrexham 4-2.

Loosemores Cup: Beat Bangor City 4-0, with a hat-trick from Andre.

Europe

Went out of the champions league at the group stage after a difficult group.

Group Table

However, after dropping into the EURO Cup we beat HSV, Besiktas, Celtic and Sunderland on our way to the final where we beat Liverpool in a close fought game.

Liverpool (N) 1-0.

Transfers

Andrej Hodak GK: Needed a backup keeper and this guy done pretty well, only played domestic games though.

Raoul Werdens CB: 22 year old CB, 5th choice CB and good backup. Won’t ever be a regular though.

James Heath LB CB: 17 year old with good potential, provided backup at LB and developed well over the season.

Ibrahima Diallo ST: 32 year old striker with good all round stats, played well as a backup in the league and in Europe.

Daniel Yeboah CDM CM: England international who’s more of a backup player, played alright but got injured a lot.

Stuck to free transfers this year due to a small transfer budget, hopefully this helps the finances a bit. On a positive note we made over £1million in transfer sales.

Transfers

Finances

Youth facilities are being upgraded which is costing us £3.8million. Youth recruitment has been improved for the first time and is now ‘basic’.

Without European money we were losing around £1million a month. Our annual wages were at one point £7.5million but I managed to bring them down to £6.5million as we can’t really afford a wage budget that high. Other than that finances are good with just under £10million in the bank.

Finances

Wales

The National team is ranked 174th in the world and managed a win against Lichtenstein but still isn’t faring much better than when I was in charge.

Llanelli lost in the 3rd Q round of the champions league to Celtic. They then lost in the Euro cup 4th Q round to Feyenoord.

Aberystwyth went out in the 3rd Q round to Hearts.

Haverfordwest went out in the 3rd Q round.

TNS lost narrowly to Spartak Moscow in the 4th Q round of the Euro cup.

The WPL remains in 18th place in Europe, the 2 cups both dropped down a place. Carmarthen moved up 14 places to 15th in europe which will hopefully get us 2nd seed in the group stages. EURO positions for Wales stay the same.

Welsh young player of the year: Iestyn Jones (Carmarthen)

Welsh footballer of the year: Huw Hughes (Carmarthen)

WPL Player of the year: Luis Zampieri (Carmarthen)

WPL Young Player of the year: James Heath (Carmarthen)

Manager of the year: Me

Team of the year

I'm surprised that the club haven't increased the seating capacity at the ground

So am i, i've requested a new stadium which the planning for should end in a couple of weeks so i look forward to seeing what happens then!

I like the board that took over though, they seem very keen on youth development, forcing me to enter the under 19's and allowing my requests so the clubs is growing slowly.

Edit: just had a few clubs turn Pro with the new season so that's around half the teams in the league now i think.

Every little helps! :D Seems a bit low for a team thats winning the Europa League though...

Yeah well it is only a 'local business', must be a farmer or something! Our main sponsor is only 400k but that runs out end of this season, will be intereting to see what i get.

Champions League

Qualifying places haven't changed so im not sure why we're back at this stage, the last 2 years we've gone straight to the groups.

3rd Qualifying round

Shamrock Rovers (H) 6-1. A simple enough win with goals from Andre, Ndlovu, Guthrie, Jones (2) and Diallo. Rovers got a goal back late on but it shouldnt make any difference to the tie.

Shamrock Rovers (A) 0-0. Played a weaker team but still controlled the game, the only thing missing was goals. Diallo's injury was a broken leg which for a 32 year old is pretty much career ending, i don't see a way back from this for him.

Archived