JackJCFC

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carmarthen 2020/2021

League

Predicted: 1st

Finished: 1st

Despite having, what I consider to be our worst squad in several years, we got to the 22 game split with a 20 point lead having only dropped 2 points and conceded 4 goals. Results then went our way which meant that we had won the league after 24 games in mid-February. We went on to have an unbeaten season, only dropping 2 points.

League Table

League Graph

Cups

Welsh Cup: We beat Prestatyn 5-1 in the final, Wright getting a hat trick.

Loosemores Cup: Beat Aberystwyth 6-1 in the final, with us getting 4 goals in the last 20 minutes.

Europe

We made it out of the champions league group stage for the first time ever, although only into the EURO cup.

Group Table

We beat Ajax but went out in the next round to Dinamo Kyiv.

Transfers

Martin Burns ST: 18 year old good all round striker, got 16 goals in 23 games and looks like he could develop into a good players.

Jacobo Cedilla RB CB: 16 year old with amazing potential signed for 250k when we had a CB shortage. Played as a backup this year but it wont be long until he’s in the 1st team starting.

Zac Loudon AML ST: 24 year old who’s a good winger and striker, will be useful in Europe. Apparently a big name signing as he increased shirt sales.

Horacio Bustillo ST: 23, pacey with good finishing he was signed for 500k (Overpriced) to replace Sherwood who I was resigned to losing on a free this this summer.

Bad season for us in terms of transfers, we are losing Adzic, our captain, on a free to Feyenoord. Sherwood and Spencer also look to be on their way out on frees as I cant get them to sign new deals. Worst of all our keeper Maicon who has been amazing for us also looks to be leaving, so theres some work to be done in the market this summer.

Transfers

Finances

We have minimal youth facilities so I’ve upgraded them again at a cost of £1.2million although that wont be completed until October. Generally the finances are doing well, we have just under £10million in the bank although i may delve rather heavily into that this year for transfers.

Finances

Wales

The national team are now ranked 94th and seem to be in a bit of a freefall as all the good players start to retire. They are 5th in world cup qualifying and don't seem to be able to Qualify.

TNS went out in the 3rd Q round to Rosenberg.

Neath won the 2nd Q round but went out in the 3rd to Debrecen.

Haverfordwest went out in the 1st Q round.

The WPL moved up from 61st to 43rdt, now 2 1/2 stars, the Welsh cup is now 1 1/2 stars. The League cup is 1 star. Carmarthen moved up from 62nd to 58th. Wales’ Euro cup seeding has stayed the same.

Welsh young player of the year: Lee Jenkins (Prestatyn)

Welsh footballer of the year: Aaron Ramsey (Arsenal)

WPL Player of the year: Colin Jackson (Carmarthen)

WPL Young Player of the year: Jacare (Carmarthen) (Just been called into the Brazil under 21’s)

Manager of the year: Me

Team of the year

Champions League

Second Qualifying round

First leg: Skonto 0:5 Carmarthen. It took us a while to get going but we were in top form in the 2nd half and put the whole tie to bed with 5 away goals.

Second leg: Carmarthen 6:1 Skonto. Unsurprisingly we got another high scoreline, scoring goals for fun as we progress into the next round.

Third Qualifying round

First leg: Carmarthen 3:0 Kobenhavn. Had a major striking crisis for this match with 4 forwards out. However we still managed to get a comfortable win and a good lead to take into the next leg.

Second leg: Kobenhavn 0:3 Carmarthen. Another comfortable win in a match we had the better chances. Much easy to beat than they were a few seasons ago, a good sign.

Hopefully if a get a good draw for once! Also injurys depending as right now i'm being hit right left and centre by some long term injuries and i'm still pretty much in pre season. I did manage to hold onto Sherwood though, albeit at a very high wage.

Champions Playoff

First leg: Carmarthen 7:0 Budacnost. Strangely this team decided to field their CB upfront. The game itself was a breeze, Burns grabbed himself 2 goals before Wright came off the bench to bag a hat trick, the final cherry on the cake was 2 goals from sub Hughes who at 17 is already an outstanding player for us.

Second leg: Budacnost 0:4 Carmarthen. Another easy win as Wright got another 2 goals to take his tally to 12 in 4 games. Hughes had another MoM setting up 3 goals.

Group Stage

Shalke (H) 1-1. A tough game with both goals coming early on, we were out played but we had enough chances and possession to ensure we weren’t dominated.

Lyon (A) 1-4. We were missing some key players but we were just awful. We didn’t even manage a shot in the first half but the all round performance was just woeful. Disappointed.

Real Madrid (H) 1-3 we had a ridiculous amount of injuries for this game 1 GK 3 defenders 3 midfielders and 2 strikers, almost an entire team. We were unlucky to lose this one as we did. We conceded early on but held on until half time, shortly after we eqaulised from the penalty spot but we conceded 2 goals in the last 5 minutes.

Again another tough group, if we are lucky we will get a win and scrape 3rd place but i cant see that happening with the way things are at the moment.

Group Stage

Real Madrid (A) 0-5 An absolutely awful first half killed us off, there was no coming back from it. Worst performance from us ive ever seen.

Shalke (A) 2-1. A great win, we were solid defensively and took our chances. We took the lead through a 2nd half pen, doubling it on the 75th minute, Shalke got a goal back in the 93rd but it wasn’t enough.

Lyon (H) 2-6 This was a match we had to win to make 3rd place, however any hope was killed off after 12 minutes as we found ourselves 2-0 down. Half time was 4-0 so I went all out in the 2nd half to see what happened, we managed to draw it 2-2.

Im glad to have got some points on the board in what was a very strong group. Not happy with the amount of goals we conceded though, showing that we didn’t deserve anything from this. We had quite a few injuries throughout but even with a fully fit squad I doubt I’d have fared much better.

Table

Carmarthen 2021/2022

League

We scored over a hundred goal by the time the league split and had a 22 point lead. We won the league after 25 games having been unbeaten up to that point. This was the 10th time in a row that we’d won it. Like last season we went unbeaten again dropping only 2 points.

League Table

League Graph

Cups

Welsh Cup: We were beaten 2-1 by Wrexham in the final.

Loosemores Cup: Beat TNS 5-0 in the final.

Europe

Got to the group stage of the champions league but we were once again met by a very tough group.

Table

Transfers

Gaspar Gomilla CM CDM: Signed for 150k as a backup in defensive midfield, not amazing but done the job well.

Daniel Guthrie CB: signed for £2.5 million, with £1.5 upfront. He was a big part of our team this year finishing with a rating of 7.63.

Jacob Makhanya CM: South African signed for 50k, can play any central position well and he provided good cover throughout the season. Got a decent amount of goals and assists this season.

Franco Hontacillas RB: An attacking RB signed for 350k, he’s only 21 and provided good cover. I’d expect him to get more games in future seasons when I’ve trimmed the squad a bit.

Joe Allen CDM CM: Just released from Swansea but still a very good player at 31. Added some much needed experience to our team although he is starting to go downhill.

Rabah Mansouri GK: Signed for £4mil with £1.5 upfront, he was the only keeper I could find worthy of taking the place of Maicon. An early injury held him back a bit and he wasn’t as good as I expected but I think he will be better next year. 16 clean sheets in 31.

Mathias Zech ST: 19 year old all round striker. Signed on a free near the end of the season but he will be good backup. His high work rate and teamwork ratings is what attracted me to him.

Got rid of some of the reserve and fringe players this year, Adzic and Maicon both leaving on a free. Jacare was the big transfer in January, he went to Bochum for 750k, he wanted to move to a bigger club and hes earning over 100 times what he did whilst at Carmarthen. I could have kept him on another two seasons but I felt that we had the necessary cover. Jacare has moved to Man City this summer having spent only 6 months at Bochum :D. He gone from £130 a week at Carmarthen to 40k a week at Man City in the space of around 6 months.

Transfers

Finances

We have basic youth facilities but I am once again upgrading them at a cost of £1.3 million, expected to be completed next October. Our finances are generally stable, we have £8million in the bank which is slightly less than last year, our wages have rocketed and we are now losing around 200k+ a month due to that.

Finances

Wales

The national team are ranked 115th and seemed to have hit free-fall in recent years. They came 5th in world cup qualifying.

TNS went out in the 3rd Q round to AA Gent.

Neath went out in the 2nd Q round.

Prestatyn went out in the 2nd Q round to Español.

The WPL moved up to 38th in europe, still a long way away from being 3 stars. Carmarthen drop 3 places to 61st. European spots stay the same.

Welsh young player of the year: Huw Hughes (Carmarthen)

WPL Player of the year: Zac Loudon (Carmarthen)

WPL Young Player of the year: Huw Hughes (Carmarthen)

Team of the year

That was as tough a draw as Ive seen, with Shalke, Lyon, and Real Madrid. You did great beating Shalke, though!

There is no question that Huw Hughes is going to be your star player for years to come :)

Yeah im hoping for some luck in the draws this year. I've just signed Hughes down for another 5 years, i think he's close to 100 apps for me and he's only recently turned 18, you cant see it in that screenshot but he gets tonnes of assists.

Third Qualifying round

First leg: Shamrock Rovers 2:5 Carmarthen. We conceded early on but recovered to get a comfortable win with enough away goals to almost guarantee progression into the next round.

Second leg: Carmarthen 5:1 Shamrock Rovers. An easy game which we were in full control of. The goals seem to be flowing in the early stages.

Champions Playoff

There were some tough teams in the draw so i was glad when i got drawn against last years opponents.

First leg: Carmarthen 3:0 Budocnost. Not quite last years 7-0 but a good enough result and performance.

Second leg: Budocnost 3:6 Carmarthen. Strange game, we went 6-0 up then morale plummeted for no apparent reason which led to us conceding 3 goals. Wright went off injured in this match so i hope its not serious.

Edit: Just had the groups picked and the one group i wanted not to have i got drawn in :D. A trip to the Nou camp awaits...

Group stage

Barcelona (H) 1-2. Surprisingly enough we were the better team in the first half. We even took the lead just after half time but Barca really upped their game and equalised through an own goal. Our defence had a bit of a nightmare in the 2nd half and we finished the game with 10 men.

Lyon (A) 0-4. They ruined me last year and they done it again. They are just unplayable, I went more attacking this time but it was clearly not working, tried to play on the counter but they were unstoppable.

Benfica (H) 2-2. So so so angry about this one. We were winning 2-0 until the 85th minute, we gave away a pen then conceded another straight after. Disappointed. We seem to have a habit of conceding goals late in games.

Group Stage

Benfica (A) 0-2. Pretty much spells the end of Europe for us this year. We were rubbish but I always held out hope for an equaliser, going all out in the final 10 minutes, leaving us open at the back and conceding another goal.

Barcelona (A) 1-4. Barca took the lead on the 7th minute, we had a goal disallowed 2 minutes later but Barca were in full control of the game. Our defence was an absolute mess playing with 4 ratings.

Lyon (H) 1-0. Tried a new formation of 5-3-2 and it worked very well, we restricted their chances and managed to play well on the counter, grabbing a winner late on. I’ll be using this formation next year to see if I can get more success in the group stages as I’ve become frustrated at the lack of progress we are making.

Group table

No progression from the group again but at least we managed to pick up one win. Hope to do more next year.

Carmarthen 2022/2023

League

We had a 14 point lead by the 22 game split having won every match. TNS were 10 points clear in 2nd, by far the next strongest team. We won the league after 25 games, same as last year. We finished up having had a perfect season, winning every match.

League Table

League Graph

Cups

Welsh Cup: After going behind twice we eventually beat Newport County 4-2.

Loosemores Cup: We beat Aberystwyth 3-0 in the final.

Europe

Made it to the group stages again, but no progression.

Group table

Transfers

Federico Rosati CM: 22 year old signed for 250k to provide backup in midfield, filled in well and got 13 assists 6 goals.

Kevin Del Pino RB: one of my old players signed as a player/coach. Hoping he retires soon so he can become full time coach, played in the reserves.

Marco Pischedda CB: Bought for 250k as backup for Bumbera who is leaving on a free this year, played 8 games got 4 goals and played very well.

Trimmed the squad down a bit this year and will have to do again as the wage bill is a bit high. I already have 2 players leaving on frees which could be more depending whether I offer new deals.

Transfers

Finances

Youth facilities are being upgraded again, this time costing £3.1 million. We are losing a lot of money each money, mostly due to wages but I can’t afford to reduce it too much as we need the best players possible for Europe. We have a new kit sponsor of around 200k per year for 3 years, double what this was before.

Finances

Wales

The national team are ranked 95th and are 5th in Euro qualification after 4 games.

TNS went out in the 3rd Q round to Mogren.

Neath went out in the 2nd Q round to a Macedonian team.

Llanelli went out in the 2nd Q round to Metalurgs.

The WPL dropped 5 places to 43rd, not a good year in that aspect. Carmarthen moved from 61st to 57th in Europe. Euro spots stay the same.

Welsh young player of the year: Huw Hughes (Carmarthen)

WPL Player of the year: Keeron James (Carmarthen)

WPL Young Player of the year: Keeron James (Carmarthen)

Team of the year

Champions Playoff

First Leg: Carmarthen 3:3 Dinamo. We had a great start, going 2 up in 10 minutes only to concede 2 in the following 10 minutes. We took the lead again just before half time and conceded jsut after. We were outplayed and i'm disapointed to have given away so many goals.

Second Leg: Dinamo 0:5 Carmarthen. we were slightly lucky in that we injured 2 of their defenders in the first 7 minutes, this weakened their defence enough for us to run riot, we got all 5 of our goals in the first half which killed off the game.

Group Stage

At. Madrid (A) 0-1. This is the hardest game of the group, we got completely outplayed but im glad we kept the score so low.

CSKA Moscow (H) 2-0. CSKA had the better of the 1st half but we managed to hold them out. We took the lead from a corner early in the 2nd half and managed to nick a 2nd goal on the counter. A great all round performance and with it we go top of the group.

Benfica (A) 0-2. We were poor from the very start, we didn’t manage a shot in the first half and could hardly touch the ball. It remained pretty much the same in the 2nd half too.

We currently sit in 4th.

Just reading through this you are really not having the luck of the draw, there must be some easier teams in the 3rd seeded pot surely?

This is the sort of save I would love to have. Good luck dude.

You do get teams like Celtic and Ajax in the 3rd pot but i just never seem to get the easy ones, although CSKA this year aren't too bad. Overall in terms of club co-efficient points this is the strongest i've seen so far. Even Sunderland who just finished 2nd in the prem were in pot 4 with 60 points, usually enough to be a mid range pot 3 team.

I'm not too sure myself :D. As far as i know they don't have a tycoon owner so it must have just been a lucky season. Just checked their group after 3 games, they are topping it with 7 points, they have Bayern, PSG and Shakhtar so that takes some doing.

Kaka and Ganso in England brilliant!

Kaka looks pretty poor, not sure how them two are fumbling their way to 2nd in the league, these are the sort of things I love seeing in FM and part of why the threads in this forum are so good to read.

Group Stage

Benfica (H) 0-1. Gutted. We done well to keep them out for the first half. They took a 2nd half lead but a draw was always within grasp. We got given a penalty in the 95th minute only for it to go wide, we may live to regret that.

At. Madrid (H) 2-0. We took an early lead which settled us. Athletico had a man sent off after 2 yellows, the 2nd being for arguing a disallowed goal. We continued to hold them out and got a 2nd goal on the counter late on. With this we leapfrog Athletico into 2nd.

CSKA Moscow (A) 0-2. We were by far 2nd best in this match which is a shame as a win here would have got us 2nd place. However, we did manage to take 3rd place ahead of Athletico which is a surprise as they were the 1st seed team.

Table

EURO Cup

First Knockout round

First up we faced Apoel who managed to finish 3rd in their champions league group above AC Milan, not to be underestimated.

First Leg: APOEL 0:3 Carmarthen. We were the better team but it looked to be heading for a draw until Burns came off the bench to grab two goals in the last 15 minutes accompanied by an own goal. Sets us up for a comfortable 2nd leg.

Second Leg: Carmarthen 1:0 APOEL. Again we were the better team and slightly wasteful infront of goal. However we did eventually take a lead and we were solid defensivly.

2nd Knockout Round

First Leg: Stuttgart 1:1 Carmarthen. An even game, disapointingly we conceded in the first half at a time when we were on top. We looked to have lost but for a counter attack and goal in the 94th minute which is vital for the away goals rule.

Second Leg: Carmarthen 3:1 Stuttgart ET: A very close game that ended up going into extra time. We scored just before half time in extra time so i put on Sherwood so his pace could exploit Stuttgarts tired defence and he done just that by adding a 3rd goal.

Archived