• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carmarthen 2017/2018

League

Predicted: 1st

Finished: 1st

The league was comfortable this season, by the 22 game split we had a 20 point cushion and a far superior goal difference of around +60, a lack of a clear 2nd best team helped this. We won the league after 25 games, the earliest we have done so far and the 6th time in a row.

League Table

League Graph

Cups

Welsh Cup: We beat Newport County 3-1 in the final to win the treble for the 2nd year running.

Loosemores Cup: Beat Prestatyn 5-0 in the final with Jaguare getting 4 of the goals.

Europe

Champions league

Second Qualifying round: Banants (A) 10-0 (H) 0-0. Goals from Sherwood (3), Jackson (2), Jaguare (2), Lucio and Kherbache virtually guaranteed progression to the next round after we smashed them in the first leg. Complacency set in in the 2nd leg, we had over 15 shots but didn’t manage a goal.

Third Qualifying round: Rosenberg (H) 0-2 (A) 0-2. The first half went badly and we found ourselves 2-0 down at half time. Immediately in the 2nd half we went down to 10 men, despite this our performance improved but not enough to get a goal. It was a similar story in the 2nd leg, conceding two goals in the 2nd half.

Euro Cup

4th Qualifying round: PSV (A) 2-2 (H) 4-0. The first leg was a hard fought match, PSV took the lead but we got one back just before half time. They took the lead again on the 55th minute before we struck with our 2nd away goal in the 77th minute. We completely dominated the 2nd leg and goals from Larysz (2) and Sherwood (2) gave us a great victory and put us in the group stage.

Group Stage

We were grouped with Metalist, Galatasaray and AA Gent.

AA Gent (H) 2-1. A close fought game, we went 1-0 down after 60 minutes however super sub Jaguare came off the bench to bag 2 goals in the last 15 minutes.

Metalist (A) 1-3. We played pretty badly conceding 2 goals in the first 15 minutes. We pulled one back soon after but it wasn’t enough.

Galatasaray (A) 0-4. They had an amazing striker who got all 4 goals in a disappointing defeat.

Galatasaray (H) 1-2. A tough game, we managed to keep it 1-1 until the 82nd minute, denying us a point.

AA Gent (A) 0-0 An even game, both sides had the chances to win but a draw a fair result. This result meant that we were out of the Euro cup.

Metalist (H) 3-3. We were 1-0 up at half time after a good start. However Metalist got 2 early 2nd half goals. Kherbache got one back on the hour mark before Metalist had seemingly got the winning goal on the 87th minute. However Jaguare popped up on the 88th minute to salvage a respectable draw.

Group Table

Transfers

Ronnie Huizinga CM: young centre mid, not as good as I thought he’d be so sold in Jan.

Thiago ST: signed for £275k as a replacement creative forward, overpriced but got a decent share of goals and assists.

Keith Westlake CB: young CB signed for 1k, provides good backup and has the potential to be a good player.

Ryan Green LB: Cardiff dropout who arrived for free, done very well and became a key feature of our defence.

Andre Coentrao CM: good box to box midfielder who gave our midfield some much needed class in January.

Johannes Marquart CDM: 18 year old signed on a free in January, done very well and he should become an even better player in future seasons.

Kristian Meng GK: young keeper with great potential who should provide good backup.

There may be a few big name players leaving this summer as some want to leave for a bigger club or have big clubs snooping around.

Transfers

Finances

I have improved the facilities which cost £2.6 million but won’t be completed until October 2018. We have a new kit sponsor worth 45k for a year, down 1k from last year. Despite the training ground improvements we still have well over £1million in the bank.

Finances

Wales

The national team are now ranked 44th in the world, down from last year but above England. They finished 3rd in world cup qualifying, missing out by 4 points.

TNS won the Euro cup 1st Q round but went out in the 2nd to a Czech team.

Neath went out in the 2nd Q round of the Euro Cup.

Bangor City went out in the first Q round to Ventspils.

The WPL dropped moved up 36 places to 112th in Europe, 1 place off being 2 stars. Carmarthen moved up 138 places to 79th in Europe.

Welsh young player of the year: Colin Jackson (Carmarthen)

Welsh footballer of the year: Aaron Ramsey (Arsenal)

WPL Player of the year: Jaguare (Carmarthen)

WPL Young Player of the year: Colin Jackson (Carmarthen)

Manager of the year: Me

Team of the year

Champions League

2nd Qualifying round

First Leg: Levadia 1:3 Carmarthen. I anticipated a big win like last years 10-0 in this round but Levadia proved to be tough game, nevertheless we managed to get a comfortable win.

Second Leg: Carmarthen 0:1 Levadia. Despite a much better dominant performance we suffered an unexpected defeat, however it was not enough for Levadia as we progress into the next round.

Champions League

3rd Qualifying round

First Leg: Ventspils 1:4 Carmarthen. When we missed the penalty in the first half, the omens were not good. However we came alive in the second half thanks to super sub Jackson who contributed 2 goals in a solid away win.

Second Leg: Carmarthen 1:1 Ventspils. Once again we dominate the game at home but struggle for goals, a slight concern but i'll put it down to the team gelling at this point.

Champions League

Champions Playoff

We found ouselves drawn against Dinamo Tbilisi who knocked us out at this stage 2 years ago, this will be a good indication of how much we have progressed in recent seasons and more importantly, a chance for revenge!

First leg: Dinamo Tbilisi 0:2 Carmarthen. We took a 2-0 lead late in the first half completly against the run of play. This seemed to give us confidence as we came out in the 2nd half playing much better and managed to get a brilliant win getting 2 vital away goals. The same game 2 years ago was 2-0 to Tbilisi.

Second Leg: Carmarthen 2:3 Dinamo Tbilisi. An early penalty in our favour soothed the nerves but a late 2nd half surge from Tbilisi made the last 15 minutes uneasy viewing as they tore us apart, perhaps if we had scored some of the 8 clear cut chances we created it might have been a relaxing win. Nonetheless, we just about scraped into the group stages for the 2nd time in our history.

Group Stage

Arsenal (A) 0-2. Not as bad as I expected and we at least held on until the 2nd half. Embarrassingly Arsenal played their under 18’s centre backs and we still didn’t score.

Werder Bremen (H) 0-1. We held out until the 77th minute thanks to the heroics of our keeper, we rarely threatened their goal though.

Zenit (H) 1-5. We took a surprise lead in the first minute but from then on we got completely dominated. Our defence had a shocker with most ending up on 4 ratings, very disapointing.

As expected we have lost all of our first three games, the first two were respectable losses but the 3rd has left me very disapointed. Obviously we have no chance of progression but i hope to steal a point or two in the remaining 3 games, although with 2 away games to come, that may prove too difficult.

Group Stage

Zenit (A) 1-1. We went down to an early goal and it looked like it was going to be a repeat of the home tie. Zenit went on to dominate until half time when we came out a different team a held on for a well-deserved point.

Arsenal (H) 0-0. We were quite lucky to come away with a draw as Arsenal were all over us for the whole match, however I’m really happy with the result and the clean sheet.

Werder Bremen (A) 1-1. We took a surprise lead in the first half and managed to hold on until the final 15 minute of the game when Werder Bremen got one back, a good game and a fair result.

Table

An obvious improvement in the 2nd half of the group stage, we managed to tighten our defence as well as score a goal or two of our own. Perhaps next season we can build on this and sneak 3rd place.

Carmarthen 2018/2019

League

We went unbeaten in the first 22 games of the season, dropping only 2 points. As a result we had a 16 point lead, aswell as this we had a goal difference 52 higher than the next best team. We won the league after 26 games thanks largely to a 26 unbeaten run. That run continued until the end of the season, meaning that we achieved our first unbeaten season in the league.

League Table

League Graph

Cups

Welsh Cup: We beat Wrexham 5-1 to win the treble the third year running. Wrexham had just finished 2nd in league 1.

Loosemores Cup: Beat Prestatyn 7-1 in the final.

Europe

Table

Transfers

Philco ST: Brazilian signed for 40k, got 26 goals in 28 games.

Claudio Bazan RB LB: Young wing back that can play either side, used him as backup and done well when required.

Eduard Bumbera CB: 18 year old signed for 200k, started out as a backup but ended the season as first choice.

Jacare CM: 18 year old with great technical ability, should become a great player and played an important part in the team this season.

Dexter Haywood CB: Young centre back signed as cover during the Euro season, loaned out in Jan to get experience.

With Jaguare’s contract up at the end of the season and him refusing to sign, I got rid in January for 250k a tidy profit considering he cost 5k 3 years ago.

Transfers

Finances

The training facilities are once again going to be upgraded at a cost of £5.5 million, made possible thanks to group stage football. We have a new sponsor of 65k per month, up 20k from last seasons. We have almost £2million in the bank which is a slight improvement on last year.

Finances

Wales

The national team are now ranked 59th in the world and are 3rd in euro qualifying.

3 of the player to come through my youth, Sherwood, Jackson and Spencer have earned Wales call ups, whilst left back Green earned his first cap.

TNS went out in the 2nd Q round to St. Gallen.

Neath went out in the 2nd Q round of the Euro Cup to Metalurgs.

Aberystwyth went out in the first Q round to Olimpija.

The WPL moved up from 112th to 83rd in Europe, now 2 stars. Carmarthen moved up 89 places to 67th in Europe.

Welsh young player of the year:Dewi Torrence (Dunfermline)

WPL Player of the year: Gari Sherwood (Carmarthen)

WPL Young Player of the year: Colin Jackson (Carmarthen)

Team of the year

Champions League

3rd Qualifying round

First leg : Tromso 3:1 Camarthen. This one was about getting a respectable score to take back home and we looked to be heading for a 1-1 draw until we conceded 2 goals in injury time. Never been so angry in my life, the midfield in that game were poor.

Second Leg: Carmarthen 4:0 Tromso. Despite the scoreline it was a fairly even game with both sides having plenty of chances, thankfully we were actually a bit more clinical in front of goal for once. Our captain Adzic saved us a bit, getting a goal himself and setting up 2 others.

Champions League

Champions Playoff

First leg: Carmarthen 0:0 Shamrock Rovers. a game which we had the better of and should have won, it made the 2nd leg a tough one but at least they didnt get an away goal.

Second leg: Shamrock Rovers 1:4 Carmarthen. A comfortable win thanks largely to a superb hat-trick from new signing and Wales international, Andy Wright.

We make it to the group stage for the 3rd time in our history and for the 2nd year running.

Group Stage

Real Madrid (H) 0-1. We got dominated as expected but a point looked on the cards until Real Madrid cruelly took the lead on the 92nd minute.

Fiorentina (A) 1-3. We had a good first half and went in at half time at 1-1. In the 2nd half Fiorentina stepped up their game and they were just too good for us.

PSG (H) 0-1. A close game, we done much better in the 2nd half but just couldn’t take our chances.

It's a tough group with 2 teams who have been champions in recent years, i don't fancy ourselves in the remaining 3 games.

Tough Group, you've done well to keep the scores down low though.
You'd do well to sneak a point or even a victory!

It was a very, very tough regardless of how big your club mightve been. You couldve been Man Utd and that still wouldve been a scary group!

Yeah i've been quite unlucky this year but its all about the money and gaining the reputation at this stage. Hopefully soon i can scrape into pot 3 which will help things as i wont be the whipping boys!

Group Stage

PSG (A) 0-2. We had a poor first half which cost us the game, we came out in the 2nd half much better but the damage was done. At least we weren’t disgraced.

Real Madrid (A) 2-2. We did for a brief moment in time, take the lead. However Real Madrid’s quality came through as they went on to take the lead. Nevertheless we managed to get a goal back ourselves to gain a valuable point.

Fiorentina (H) 2-1. We went in behind at half time after conceding a late goal, perhaps undeservedly. However in the 2nd half we came out strong, immediately pegging them back. In the final 5 minutes of the match Wright put us in the lead to give us our first win of this years group stage, just a shame its too late!

Group Table

Once again we have a good 2nd half to the group stage, perhaps this will provide a platform for next season if our group is a little easier.

Just had our best youth take in a year or 2. Not alot of talent but a few players who can probably have a career in the WPL or elsewhere.

This guy was the best one to come through this year and he looks pretty good, only 15 but already rated as a good player for this league, potentially a first teamer in years to come and probably the best player stats wise to come through my acadamy so far.

Carmarthen 2019/2020

League

We had an 18 point lead going into the 22 game split after only one surprise defeat. As well as this we had only conceded 8 goals and scored 89. We won the league after 26 games again, we steamrolled pretty much anyone in our path usually knocking at least 4 past them. This made it the 8th time in a row which has led me to become a club legend.:cool:

League Table

League Graph

Cups

Welsh Cup: We beat Neath 5-0, completely dominated, they only managed 2 shots. We beat Wrexham in the 4th round who at the time were 7th in the championship, good to see Welsh teams in England doing well.

Loosemores Cup: Beat Neath 5-0 in the final with Wright getting a hat trick.

Europe

Made it to the Group stage of the champions league.

Group Table

Transfers

Xaropinho CM: 21 year old centre mid with great technical ability bought for 400k, slightly overpriced but he was fantastic all season and will only get better.

Francesco Saporetti MR ML CM: 18 year old with the best technical and mental ability at this level, its insane, the only part letting him down is his weak physicals but I’ve put him on a special training to get that better. Played mostly a bench role this year due to the fact he couldn’t last the whole match but done very well.

Mexilhao CB: signed for 375k he got off to a bit of a shaky start, got better as the season went on and proved to be a great buy, at 20 year old he’s only going to get better.

Andy Wright ST: Signing of the season. A free transfer who had left Newcastle after sitting in their reserves for a few years. He got 33 goals in 26 games and is a regular in the Wales side at 22. It won’t be long until big teams come in for this guy.

My Vice-captain Vozikis is leaving on a free at the end of the year as I couldn’t get him to sign a new contract. I’ve got similar problems for some BIG players next year so turbulent times could be ahead for us in that respect. I have a lot of players wanting to move to a bigger club, including Sherwood who came through the club academy!!

Transfers

Finances

We finally got the chance to upgrade youth facilities from rented which is costing us £300k and will be completed next October. We have a new kit sponsor on a 3 year contract worth 100k per season, up from 64k the previous year. We have a balance of around £6million which is a big increase from last year, mostly due to the fact that there are fewer upgrades going on.

Finances

Wales

The national team are now ranked 70th, down from 44th. They came 3rd in euro qualification, missing out by 4 points.

3 of the player to come through my youth, Sherwood, Jackson and Spencer have earned Wales caps with Jackson and Sherwood both scoring at least 1 goal. A total of 5 of my players have been in the Welsh squad.

TNS went out in the 2nd Q round.

Neath won the first Q round against Mika and the 2nd Q round against Tarxien. They went out in the 3rd to Palermo.

Haverfordwest went out in the 3rd Q round to Debrecen.

The WPL moved up from 83rd to 61st, still 2 stars but close to 2 ½ stars. The Welsh cup and League cup are also 1 star. Carmarthen moved up 5 places in Europe to 62nd. Wales’ Euro cup seeding has now improved.

Welsh young player of the year: Gari Sherwood (Carmarthen)

WPL Player of the year: Thiago (Carmarthen)

WPL Young Player of the year: Gari Sherwood (Carmarthen)

Team of the year

Champions League

2nd Qualifying round

First Leg: Ventspils 0:0 Carmarthen. We were so dominant in this game i dont quite know how we didn't win. No away goal is a slight problem.

Second Leg: Carmarthen 4:0 Ventspils. Injuries to 5 of our defenders meant we were a bit makeshift at the back but it didnt matter as we completly overan Ventspils, it could have been alot more as we had alot of chances and 2 goals disallowed.

Champions League

3rd Qualifying round

First leg: Carmarthen 0:0 H.Tel Aviv. A tough game which was all even, i just wanted to make sure we didnt give any away goals to aid our efforts in the 2nd leg, unfortunatly we didnt get a lead.

Second leg: H.Tel Aviv 1:3 Carmarthen. The second leg was more comfortable and never looked in doubt as we were the better team.

Yeah the game seems fine now so on we go...

Champions league

Champions playoff

First leg: Carmarthen 1:0 Sturm Graz. An even game that we just about won, the best part being the fact we managed to hold them out, making the 2nd leg a bit easier.

Second Leg: Sturm Graz 1:3 Carmarthen. We took the lead in the first half which gave us a good barrier, when our 2nd goal went in at the end of the first half it virtually killed off the tie as we progress into the group stage comfortably.

In other news we now have minimal youth facilities instead of rented!! Woohoo :)

Edit: if you thought last years group was hard, you ain't seen nothing yet.

I keep getting crash dumps (3 so far) when i click on players profiles. Its not been too bad so far in that ive lost max 1 game but its really starting to annoy me. Anyone know of why this is happening or how i can fix it, if i can at all?

Edit: I've got a folder in my sports interactive folder with the now 4 crash dumps documented, should i delete this? Also ive found that twice ive had it is by clicking on the same player. i might sell him so i dont have to do it anymore.

Edit 2: I've followed advice i found in the general dicussion forum, hopefully thats fixed it but i have my doubts.

Edit 3: yeah it happened again after i clicked on a guys profile who has caused it twice before, its shame as he has good potential but ill have to get rid. not sure how as i cant click on his profile to list him or anything, ill just have to let his contract run down.

Group Stage

Juventus (H) 1-0. Tried out a new tactic of 4-2-3-1 with defensive wingers and the scoreline says it all. Juve had the better of the play but the match itself was pretty open and we were able to sneak a win in the final minutes.

Man City (A) 1-2. Same tactic as the Juve game but they were all over us and we were lucky to keep the score so low and score our only goal of the match.

Bayern (A) 0-2. Similar to the Man City game, with that many chances Bayern were bound to score a few. Having Wright banned didn’t help our cause but had no effect on the result, our keeper played a blinder.

We currently sit in 3rd, we have 2 home games left so with a little luck we could take 3rd.

Since the first intake i've labelled the guy who the assistant said was the best with YP and whatever year he came through in, in SHerwoods case he was the best player in my 3rd youth intake. Makes it clearer to me who i should focus on developing and allows me to track their careers should i wish to do so.

Group Stage

Bayern (H) 1-3. A terrible start and a terrible first half, conceding 3-0 goals. I gave them a kick up the backside at half time which led to an improved performance and we were able to get a goal back.

Juventus (A) 1-1.What a game, we had our captain missing and we went 1 goal down early on which was soon followed by a red card for our captain and star striker. However, we soon found ourselves back level with what proved to be our only shot on target. We continued to hold Juventus out, finishing the last 10 minutes with 9 men after the Sherwood got his 2nd yellow.

Man City (H) 0-2 We had 4 strikers missing, 2 through bans and 2 through injury. There wasn’t really much I could do to stop them scoring, they were just too strong.

Our best finish yet in Europe as we make it to 3rd spot meaning that we will drop down in the Euro cup.

Group Table

Really starting to annoy me, i have players contracts coming to an end but they arent that interesting in signing for me so won't tell me how much they want. So im shooting blind in terms of what wages to offer and they keep rejecting. This isnt just the best players either, it includes a guy who's 1 1/2 star. Frustrating :mad:

EURO Cup

1st Knockout round

First leg: Carmarthen 3:1 Ajax. We took a surprise lead from a first half free kick and found ourselves fairly dominant. We doubled our lead on the hour mark before both teams got a goal in the final 10 minutes. Pleasently surprised to have taken a 2 goal lead into the 2nd leg.

Second leg: Ajax 1:0 Carmarthen. We conceded early on but the game was very even over the 90 minutes, we deserved to take a draw from this match but we were just unlucky. Over the 2 legs we deserved to go through and thankfully we did. On to the next round...

This years youth intake was appauling, one 2 1/2 star player and the rest half star so i wont bother posting any screen shots.

EURO Cup

2nd Knockout round

First leg: Dinamo Kyiv 4:1 Camarthen. Missing our key centre back and we were defensivly all over the place, very poor. The last 15 minutes really let us down and makes the 2nd leg an almost impossible task despite the away goal.

Second Leg: Carmarthen 1:2 Dinamo Kyiv. When Kyiv took the lead in the first half from a free kick it was all over. We offered little fight and the red card at the end summed it all up. Disapointing as i thought this was a winnable tie, that said, Kyiv have a much better team than i first thought..

Archived