Great players in FM that never made it irl

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of mine have already been shouted. Glad to see I'm not the only one!

Anyone else get this one?

Toledo (CM 03/04) Right winger Brazilian? Went to Udinese in 05 but not heard of him since

Everyone else I can think of has already been said. Definitely Hazmedhovic (or however it's spelt), Bakayoko, Samba and Rungratsamee are my top 4.

Gareth Jellyman, Mads Jorgensen, Julius Aghahowa, Sharbel Touma, Stefan Selaković :D

There was a striker, who had dual Swedish/Scottish nationality (or similar), can't remember his name though, think he was floating around League One recently..

skyhdg.jpg

Does anyone know if he really was this versatile IRL?

I don't remember how Magnus Erlingmark was in CM, but IRL he really did play everywhere. I think he played in every single outfield position for Sweden, or at least he did at club level. He was also the designated backup keeper in the event that an outfield player needed to go in goal. Don't think he ever got put in that position, even though I'm sure he'd have handled it brilliantly ;)

Can't have one of these threads without a mention to the lad from Northampton Town (CM01/02) who fell so far he doesn't even deserve having his name said on the board.

When the 2015 version of the thread is started I'm sure that Ravel Morrison will be in with a shout of getting a mention.

Marcus Benson, D/S C :D#

As for Mr Morrison, I hear Strangeways have a very good team, he can play midfield with Ronnie Wallwork :)

Can anyone tell me what happened to a young player around 05/06 era, think he was at Real Sociedad, he was a 16 year old Attacking midfielder who you could sign straight away on a tribunal. Was called Extreberria or something similar and always devolped in to a 25 million plus player. I`v been searching around for ages and can`t find him anywhere?? HELP??

Just tought of it, can anyone tell me what happened Ozkitz Estefania?

I had a South African midfield player about the same time called Craig Parker he was one of the best players I haved signed in any version of the the games.He started at a team called WITS I think. Leeds got him before me but they had money problems soon after and I got him for 500k fron them.I was offered 10 million for him later but as he had led my team Cardiff to the Prem title and Europeon glory I could say no.I think he could be the one you are thinking of.

Mark SMITH from Bristol Rovers in 97/98. Best defender I ever had.

Dean KEATES was always a favourite as well.

The king of all CM/FM players for me is without doubt Orri Freyr OSKARSSON.

Mark Smith was great!!

You could pick him up for 100k from Bristol Rovers and he was immediately the best right back in the world!!

Paul Dillon was the same - he played DL for Rotherham (i think) in the same game!

Going back to about 95 - remember how good Michael Stensgaard was for Liverpool! He was better than David James.

But you have Ferrah Orosco (Cambridge)

Paulo/Pietro Zaini on CM Italia way back in the day (Ascoli is memory serves) - Awesome midfielder

Allessandro Melli was awesome on cm italia. was always a scramble between me and my mates to get him as he was the 'best player in the game'. didnt have the best of careers irl tho.

Allessandro Melli was awesome on cm italia. was always a scramble between me and my mates to get him as he was the 'best player in the game'. didnt have the best of careers irl tho.
he was good irl tho for parma

but after parma he went to milan and got a bad injury
My point is Melli was the best player in cm italia by a mile. he was the most valuble player on the transfer screen no matter who he plyed for and the guy u 'had' to have. I can think of a dozen better players from around that time who were better. probably a dozen italians actually! ask 10 people if they know of melli these days and 9 would look puzzled. however they would ryhme off names like,Vialli,Ravanelli,Baggio etc. all of whom couldnt lace melli's boots on cm italia

My point is Melli was the best player in cm italia by a mile. he was the most valuble player on the transfer screen no matter who he plyed for and the guy u 'had' to have. I can think of a dozen better players from around that time who were better. probably a dozen italians actually! ask 10 people if they know of melli these days and 9 would look puzzled. however they would ryhme off names like,Vialli,Ravanelli,Baggio etc. all of whom couldnt lace melli's boots on cm italia
i know what you saying but you have to look at that time parma was 1 of the best teams in europe. and also when i played that i just need eric cantona he was a best on it. but hated when squads got full could not sell a player. good old days

he played 2 are 3 times for italy so yes but with these games players ha pa so irl if he dint gt a bad injury who to say he wunt be a world beater.
Thats hypothetical tho. what if's dont count as 'made it'. what if i never bust my knee when i was 15, i could have been a world beater lol ;) a couple of caps for italy compared with 100 in cm. know what i mean?

i know what you saying but you have to look at that time parma was 1 of the best teams in europe. and also when i played that i just need eric cantona he was a best on it. but hated when squads got full could not sell a player. good old days
good old days indeed. not too many remember cm italia