Youth camps idea - good or bad?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MidWaYz:

I don't know how accurate it is but let me tell you that france do have a training camp for catching potential african players. The main training camp is based in france and their offside is scattered in many african countries to get the best players.

The name of the camp is Clairefontaine. Many nowadays big name comes from the camp, such as Thierry Henry, Louis Saha, Abou Diaby, Jérémie Aliadière, William Gallas, Hatem Ben Arfa etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Clairfontaine is the most prestigious of nine football academies run by the French FA. It isn't a training camp, it's a permanent school that has nothing to do with any particular club. Nor is it dedicated to the training of African players, but instead to French players, no matter their ancestry.

I rely like idea of setting up youth camps - and why running youf youth camp will cost tu much money ? running it in RL is relative cheap.

In my wiev every club will have chance to run (cheapest) youth camp in his nation, more richer have ability to run 2-3 national YC, and more richer clubs have ability to run more forgeiner YC (first limited to his continent, then without limit).

yeah...good idea....

i would also like to see the idea of player bought can directly loan back to the last club for another year before moving to our club...

some youngster are really good but too bad i dont have the role for them to play in my first team....

might as well loan them back to the last club to get more experience before breaking into my first team.....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Just Jack:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tommy 'the red' Howard:

Why don't you go and play Total Club Manager then? icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well appologies for trying to increase the realism. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

TCM is crap anyways why would you wanna play that when you have FM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kvadruple:

I rely like idea of setting up youth camps - and why running youf youth camp will cost tu much money ? running it in RL is relative cheap.

In my wiev every club will have chance to run (cheapest) youth camp in his nation, more richer have ability to run 2-3 national YC, and more richer clubs have ability to run more forgeiner YC (first limited to his continent, then without limit). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree icon14.gif (at least the bits i understood icon_confused.gif)

Very good idea

Maybe you can limit the maximum number of youth camp by finance and you have to fund them annually just like feeder clubs.

This will allow more fun for long term playing instead of having to try to snatch good regens from other clubs.

claitfontaine is actually in the game and it does produce players but they are not any good.

I have always thought that there are not enough good youngsters at bad lowel level teams. This is especially true in developing nations.

I also think that there should not be one regenday. that is super unrealistic. the yth teamers should be generated randomly during the year the better the facilities and academy maybe the more often they will generate.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Just Jack:

There is of course the problem that after one or two seasons Every team could be made up of kids. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If man u are churning out brilliant youths from their under 18s and snapping up double that number form a youth camp wont we be over-run?

Can I ask a question?

When people say that having these youth camps would be realistic, does anyone here actually know how such camps work, to judge the realism of any implementation?

I know what my impressions are from articles I've read, and the TCM model seems a million miles away from reality.

I think this is a great idea. Although I don't think it should be funded by an annual fee in the way that feeder clubs are. I think basically the overheads of the youth camp should be directly linked to your finances.

And maybe once a year you could get a message saying for instance, "Your youth camp in Ghana has cost the club £300,000 this year", so you could keep an eye on how much it's costing the you, and decide whether it's worth it or if you would rather close it down, or perhaps even sell it on to another club.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JimmyIOCS:

I think this is a great idea. Although I don't think it should be funded by an annual fee in the way that feeder clubs are. I think basically the overheads of the youth camp should be directly linked to your finances.

And maybe once a year you could get a message saying for instance, "Your youth camp in Ghana has cost the club £300,000 this year", so you could keep an eye on how much it's costing the you, and decide whether it's worth it or if you would rather close it down, or perhaps even sell it on to another club. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif like the idea of selling youth camps

Archived