Mr Hough Rolls Back The Years FM12

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How about just trying it.

There are no changes to the match engine, so it should overall work the same. Some people claim tactics are changing between updates, but when there are no changes to the match engine, the changes must come from other areas like teamtalk, morale etc.

Actually there were changes from 12.04 to 12.1, but they're pretty minor.

This is why I asked. I knew there were changes. Can I combat those changes by tweaking the tactic?

12.04 is much easier than 12.1 due to problems with the full backs, and it's much easier to motivate your players, so I'd guess it'd work.

What problems do you mean?

Also, the human user scored more often from corners....and...along with the morale thingy...the big trigger that made the game evers so easy...the AI never learned their backup tactics resulting in that when they tried to respong to what the saw on the pitch, they used an akward tactic, hence all the 5,6,78-0 scores

Won the Serie A with Atalanta. Media prediction 20th. Original squad for first half of the season. Bought Darwin Quintero, Mushaga Bakenga and Ruben Yttergård Jensen in January. Ended the season with a fourteen point lead over second placed A.C. Milan, even though 6 points had been deducted from my team.

So, all in all, I'm happy.

My Defense really sucks !

I'm conceding alot, but also doing the goals forward. I had to change the tackle to medium of all midfielders - Did this destroy the defense MR. H?

But you said we could do it, and I was really getting at least 1 red card every 2nd game and alot of yellows, which made people not able to play in some games.

End of season one................only lost 2 games all season, lost to Lyon 1-0 away in the 1st leg of the Champions League 1st knockout stage, drew 1-1 at home so went out 2-1 on agg.....and the other game was against Liverpool in the 6th round of the FA Cup..........won the League Cup and the Premier League.......

englishpremierdivisiono.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

So an Invincible Premier League season!!

And Mr Torres was superb........

fernandotorresoverviewa.png

Lots of other goalscorers too, but really happy with the average ratings of my top 22 players......

chelseasquadplayers.png

Great tactic Mr Hough thank you.......

mr hough ST more like poacher finisher and STL & STR more vreative striker?

Yes the Middle ST is very much the goal getting in the tactic so you want your strongest ST here.

The STR and STL are i would say Creative Strikers - Trequartista style in the game.

Isn't Terry to slow for this tactic? I really love him but only his pace sucks.

He is slow, but the way Dave has the defence set up, i found that Luiz did alot of covering with balls over the top.......also having Cole helped too.........

J3nick!

Can you upload a picture of your formation? I'm starting as Arsenal and I would like to see how your formation looks like

Thanks

This is my ideal 11

beznzvuymu.th.jpg

my key transfers L. Baines, E. Cavani, L Damiao, Fernandinho (I prefer player like him in CM with good tackling, marking and passing)

what about Team talks did u use?

Sorry I cant write this becouse my englis isnt good but is very similar like this

Pre-match:

• Team > AGRESSIVE tone > EXPECT WIN.

• Then do individual talks for all those that are either UNAFFECTED or NEGATIVELY AFFECTED, as follows:

• Individual > ASSERTIVE tone > HAVE FAITH.

Half-Time:

If winning by a good margin, or beating a tough opponent:

• Team > CAUTIOUS tone > DON'T GET COMPLACIENT.

• Then do individual talks for all those that are either UNAFFECTED or NEGATIVELY AFFECTED, as follows:

If individual has POOR level of performance:

• Individual > AGRESSIVE tone > NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

If individual has FAIR level of performance:

If individual has GOOD level of performance:

• Individual > PASSIONATE tone > PLEASED.

If winning narrowly, or drawing, or losing:

• Team > AGRESSIVE tone > NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Full-Time:

Won narrowly, or drew, or lost:

Won by a decent margin, or against a tough opponent:

• Team > PASSTIONATE tone > WELL DONE.

NOTES:

• This is a rule of thumb guide, this will not work certain player personalities wont, you'll need to gradually identify these players and note down what works best with them for future use.

• There are obvious exceptions to pre-match talk, for example, demanding a win against Barcelona if you are Scunthorpe isn't going to go down well.

all credit to Fuss

For those people having a problem with fullbacks condition falling to 60% or less during games, I would advise that you maybe change the fullbacks crossing from byline to mixed or even deep and change crossing from often to mixed. That way the poor fullback isnt having to do 50 yard shuttle runs all the time to the byline to put a cross in. Because he has little creative freedom he will be consistently getting down to the byline when you attack to get a cross in, then having to run all the way back when you lose the ball. If you give him the option to cross mixed or make less crosses, you will find he can pick and choose his moments much better and as such should not lose so much energy getting up and down the pitch.

Mr Hough, this is one of your best tactics you have created & I have been using your tactics a long time, the only thing whats stopping it been the best is the defence when playing away, at home its not a problem you beat everyone.

Any ideas to make this more solid away?

For those people having a problem with fullbacks condition falling to 60% or less during games, I would advise that you maybe change the fullbacks crossing from byline to mixed or even deep and change crossing from often to mixed. That way the poor fullback isnt having to do 50 yard shuttle runs all the time to the byline to put a cross in. Because he has little creative freedom he will be consistently getting down to the byline when you attack to get a cross in, then having to run all the way back when you lose the ball. If you give him the option to cross mixed or make less crosses, you will find he can pick and choose his moments much better and as such should not lose so much energy getting up and down the pitch.

That's a very good point. I tried it on my RB as his crossing ability is low:10 and i noticed he finished much fitter than the LB and i kept possession more than other games.

On the team talks i noticed that you should never tell a player in the pre-match individual talk that you " expect him to pick it up where he left is last mach". I got much better results using Assertive/Calm "you have faith" even if he performed very well the match before.

Sorry I cant write this becouse my englis isnt good but is very similar like this

Pre-match:

• Team > AGRESSIVE tone > EXPECT WIN.

Half-Time:

If winning by a good margin, or beating a tough opponent:

• Team > CAUTIOUS tone > DON'T GET COMPLACIENT.

If winning narrowly, or drawing, or losing:

Full-Time:

Won narrowly, or drew, or lost:

Won by a decent margin, or against a tough opponent:

• Team > PASSTIONATE tone > WELL DONE.

NOTES:

• This is a rule of thumb guide, this will not work certain player personalities wont, you'll need to gradually identify these players and note down what works best with them for future use.

• There are obvious exceptions to pre-match talk, for example, demanding a win against Barcelona if you are Scunthorpe isn't going to go down well.

all credit to Fuss

Thanks for the credit ;)

Having trouble getting the tactic working with Mordovia in my Russian save, but its to be expected with the players i have.

My Everton save is a different matter though. 12 games in, sitting top and Moussa Sow has scored 20ish, think hes around 25 in 16 in all comps. To start he was playing as the left striker as well, since moving him central after Saha got injured hes scoring 2/3 per game. Gueye has come in on the left and looked very good, and Wilfried on the right chips in.

If you have a strong/quick striker who can finish he will get you goals galore.

I agree, we need a defensive version for away games against stronger teams.

There are plenty of more defensive tactics using a similar formation on this forum, especially the 4-1-2-2-1s. Use one of those.

However I think a number of you are looking for a tactic that is as efficient as this going forward, but doesnt concede anything. I dont see that happening in this version of the game.

well this is what happend with the second season with this tactic in my second season in the prem, think im happy with that

3rdseason.jpg

struggles alot with big teams but i think i need a better defence ect to compete

Hi, what is your Boro line up like if you don't mind me asking? Just started using tactic half way through first season and won away at Ipswich 4-1 first game with Marvellous Marvin EMnes getting all 4 goals from the SCR position, i have McDonald central and Kink left ATM.

Hi, what is your Boro line up like if you don't mind me asking? Just started using tactic half way through first season and won away at Ipswich 4-1 first game with Marvellous Marvin EMnes getting all 4 goals from the SCR position, i have McDonald central and Kink left ATM.

hey, well for the championship i used mr hough's 4-1-1-2-2 tactic but if i was you i would use either. because any decent tactic can get you out of the championship. if i was you i would use what ur using now or invest some money into simeon jackson who ripped that league up 43 games and 37 goals 1.8mill i paid for him :)

Archived