Ridiculous Amount of Injuries

Sorry for my bad english. There are some problems with injuries but i don't think they are related with massive injuries or something like that, but with some injuries with wrong durations. For example, a fiber breakage/torn muscle/whatever it's named in english let the player out of the pitch for 5 months in FM. IRL most of the torn muscles injuries are ok with 1 month...

It depends what kind of tear, they can be anything from a few millimetres to tearing the entire muscle, if you only tear a small part you can recover quite quickly, tear the whole muscle and you'll be lucky to play again that season. Breaking a bone is the same, you can have a clean break that heals quickly, or bad breaks that require surgery before you can begin to heal.

It depends what kind of tear, they can be anything from a few millimetres to tearing the entire muscle, if you only tear a small part you can recover quite quickly, tear the whole muscle and you'll be lucky to play again that season. Breaking a bone is the same, you can have a clean break that heals quickly, or bad breaks that require surgery before you can begin to heal.

Yeah, i know that, but almost every tear in the game have a long duration. I have some statistics from my save: all the torn muscles of Blue Square Premier and some other rare injuries. My save is at January 15, btw.

Muscle ----------------- Starting---------- Months left

Calf Muscle ----------------11/23---------2-3 Months+

Abductor ------------------1/7 ------------2 Months

Mild sprain (not a tear, i know) ------------4-5 weeks (What? a mild sprain should last no longer than 2 weeks. 4-5 weeks it's a bad sprain...)

Calf Muscle--------------11/26------------4-5 months

Calf Muscle-------------- 11/23 ---------- 3 months

Back Strain ------------------------------ 4-5 weeks

As you can see, not a single 1-2 weeks tear...

EDIT: Aparently "Mild sprain" it's a problem of the translation, in the english version is "twisted ankle"

For me its that all these injuries happen during matches, rather than in training. In more than ten years of watching live football from tiers 1-6 of the English football system, I don't ever remember seeing three players substituted from the same team due to injuries. In fact its quite uncommon to make three substitutes full stop.

Also keep in mind that physio's at that level are very poor at predicting the length players will be out with injuries, they will most likely look longer than the time they will really be out for. I dont think FM covers every kind of possible injury, afterall they could spend years filling the database with every kind of possible injury, there will be tears and strains, every tear will be treated as a bad one, it does need to be more dynamic in the long run, but at the moment that is what we have to deal with.

P.s hurting your back is a horrible injury and will def take 4-5 weeks for a full recovery if its a bad one. I've personally had to take weeks off work to sort out a back problem i had and im not a pro footballer who needs full mobility at all times.

Also keep in mind that physio's at that level are very poor at predicting the length players will be out with injuries, they will most likely look longer than the time they will really be out for. I dont think FM covers every kind of possible injury, afterall they could spend years filling the database with every kind of possible injury, there will be tears and strains, every tear will be treated as a bad one, it does need to be more dynamic in the long run, but at the moment that is what we have to deal with.

P.s hurting your back is a horrible injury and will def take 4-5 weeks for a full recovery if its a bad one. I've personally had to take weeks off work to sort out a back problem i had and im not a pro footballer who needs full mobility at all times.

I won't discuss the "hurting back" injury, seems painful ^^

Here you have statistics from EPL (Managing Manchester United with a good Physio)

Calf Muscle: started 6 weeks ago, 2 weeks left.

Calf Muscle: started 45 days ago, 3-4 weeks left

Calf Muscle: started 45 days ago, 10 days-4 weeks left (wow, very imprecise)

Calf Muscle: started 1 month ago, 6 weeks-2 months left

La Liga (spain)

Calf Muscle: Started 3 days ago, 4 months left

Calf Muscle: Started +2 months ago, 4-7 weeks left.

Calf muscle: Started 2 months ago, 3-6 weeks left

Calf Muscle: started a month ago, 2-3 months left.

Calf Muscle: Started 3 months ago, 5-11 days left.

Sorry for my bad english. There are some problems with injuries but i don't think they are related with massive injuries or something like that, but with some injuries with wrong durations. For example, a fiber breakage/torn muscle/whatever it's named in english let the player out of the pitch for 5 months in FM. IRL most of the torn muscles injuries are ok with 1 month...

The name of the injury means nothing, it just adds to a users immersion in the game.

Its simply a tag given to an injury of that length.

The stupid part of injuries are the ones received on international duty. I guarantee every international break I'll lose at least three players to injury. I don't actually get that many problems with regards to injuries on FM, the only problem is when I don't have players who are 100% 'match fit', if I try to play them, they always have to come off injured, which sort of defies the point really. Recently, I lose Romario and Yann M'vila to three week injuries, they came back and their 'match fitness' (not condition) was about 80%, they played a reserve game and were fine, up to about 89%. Waited for them to be 100% condition, started them the next game, they both took 'knocks' that put their condition to about 70% after 20 minutes, then they received match ending injuries. One ended up a dead leg, the other a bruised rib, but it ended up a recurring cycle for about 2 months, 'til eventually they went out for another international break but came back fine. How do you handle a situation like this? The only way to get them 100% match fit is to play them, but if they aren't 100% match fit, it seemingly increases the injury chances.

I currently have 9 players injured. All injured in games so its not training.

Just because the injuries happen in a match doesn't mean that training isn't the cause. I guess the intention is that too much training means players aren't as sharp on match day.

As long as you are set at a medium level though there shouldn't be an issue.

Those who say I must be doing something wrong........I've been playing this game for years and it has never been this bad

Your right in a way.

Years ago the injury ratio in FM was far, far below real life. With each version this ratio has been increased and we are now at a level which is slightly below real life levels. So compared to previous versions players do get injured more often however this is much more realistic.

In terms of your current state nine players is on the high side and if its just the first time I would put it down to bad luck. If its happening to you more consistently with a variety of teams then you need to look at doing something different in terms of training, tactics, players etc.

You play in european competetion and have only 4 or 5 strikers at the club and no promising youths? I have five strikers in my first team and a further five or six youths in my other squads. I'll loan two possibly three out per season and the remainder are their as back up. All loanees have a recall clause also just in case. Basically I think your squad is too small.

While youngsters should be used sparingly an injury crises is their chance to prove themselves.

i was promoted from the championship, 1 players was unregisterable for some reason. you can only register so many players, which had silly home grown rules (so i had to register at least 1 junk player to match that rule.) so yes i went with 4 players capable of playing as ST.

the promicing yout i had to buy, and are ineligable (as good as these yotuh are, i want to progress with as strong a team as possible)

european competitions have a horrible registration ruling.

so what i have doesnt match the home grown rule.

the league was not a problem, i have 6 or 7 ;) the main issue was that one european game.

Archived