The FMCU Forum Quiz 2012!

HotChocolate

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Had an idea for Round 10, the last round. Instead of the usual 10 questions with a bonus questions how about 20 questions? No bonus question, it could change the league table dramatically and with it being the final week, always got to go out with a bang? :D

Sounds good to me, I prefer the normal questions than the bonus questions.

I've an idea for the next quiz... each person takes a turn as quiz master.

Too many people though, there'd be some who'd have the advantage of getting to answer every round (as obvs we won't be answering questions we set ourselves). I wonder if anyone will get the reference in my answer to number 5.

How about the person who does worst each week sends in their own question for next week?

They might not get all the questions correct though, even if they know the answer :D

I think you're making the questions harder each week HC :thup:. Not confident about the answers I've sent in.

That was the plan, although I might be kind. One week, might be. :D

Wheeee! Will be nice coming back later after my exam this afternoon (very drunk from celebrations no doubt) to something rather more fun.

What, you mean like pancakes? :D

Pancake day and Quiz day rolled into one, not to mention my last day off as well although I've not really had a day off with the coursework with which I've done bugger all :cool:

1. In Euro 2012, Group B consists of which 4 teams?

Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Portugal.

2. Gary Lightbody is the lead vocalist of which band?

Snow Patrol.

3. Bob Bradley is the current head coach (manager) of which international side?

Egypt.

4. Who played Santiago Munez in the films Goal, Goal 2 and Goal 3?

Kuno Becker, Leonardo Guerra (played 10 year old Santi in the 1st film).

5. Auckland City FC currently play their home games in which stadium?

Kiwitea Street or Freyberg Field. (Same stadium, just different names like at West Ham)

6. What does the BBC stand for?

British Broadcasting Corporation.

7. Eden Hazard currently wears which number for Lille?

8. Oprah Winfrey, the American talk show host, is how old?

9. Which two teams were in the English FA Youth Cup Final last season?

Manchester United and Sheffield United.

10. Name 10 of the 16 current (2014) Winter Olympic sports?

Figure Skating, Speed Skating, Short Track Speed Skating, Curling, Ice Hockey, Cross Country Skiing, Alpine Skiing, Ski Jump, Nordic Combined, Freestyle Skiing, Snowboarding, Biathlon, Luge, Bobsleigh, Skeleton. (I was very lenient when it came to marking this answer)

11. In Deisler26's career, name the 4 teams he faced in getting to the TIM Coppa Italia Final in 2022. (Includes the team he played in the final but excludes the qualifying rounds).

Inter Milan, Catania, AC Milan and Fiorientina.

acidmonkey – 8pts | MattSpurs94 – 4pts | Deisler26 – 10pts | ManUTactician247 – 1pt | SRL88 – 10pts | Nobby_McDonald – 4pts | Scribe – 5pts | TWalsh – 7pts | SnakeXe – 8pts | ShyBaldBuddhist – 2pts | Flamers – 0pts | hrbfcrule – 7pts | Cplepeters1900 – 7pts | deltablue – 4pts | Adelaidean – 9pts | hursty2 – 5pts | AK22 – 9pts | Raware – 5pts | City2000 – 6pts | jackripper – 0pts | rancer890 - 1pt | Kris0710 – 10pts | Barney Butterball – 6pts | B.W.G – 10pts |roganp – 4pts

*If you think you have got the wrong score then let me know, I did double check every set of answers I got so they should be correct but I am only human.

Username		R1	R2	R3	R4	R5	R6	R7	R8	R9	R10	Total
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B.W.G			11	9	12	11	10						53	
kris0710		10	11	9	10	10						50
Deisler26		7	8	10	11	10						46
hrbfcrule		9	10	11	9	7						46
AK22			8	11	8	9	9						45
SRL88			6	8	12	7	10						43
Scribe			10	9	9	8	5						41
SnakeXe			6	10	7	10	8						41
Adelaidean		10	6	8	6	9						39
deltablue		12	10	5	8	4						39
MattSpurs94		10	9	9	5	4						37
Barney Butterball	7	7	8	8	6						36
cplpeters1900		9	7	5	8	7						36
ssestig			9	12	6	7	--						34
TWalsh			6	--	11	10	7						34
hursty2			9	7	6	6	5						33
DazRTaylor		10	10	11	--	--						31
Raware			8	8	6	4	5						31
City2000		8	5	7	3	6						29
Nobby_McDonald		7	8	5	5	4						29
rancer890		6	5	4	5	1						20
ShyBaldBuddhist		10	--	--	8	2						20
Makonnen		4	5	6	4	--						19
roganp			8	7	--	--	4						19
Flamers			9	2	5	2	0						18
Pangaea			5	4	3	4	--						16
jackripper		6	4	5	0	0						15
ManUTactician247	4	4	3	2	1						14
acidmonkey		--	--	--	--	8						8

Hot Chocolate (MattSpurs94) - This was the Snow Patrol question, HotChocolate would be a great name for a band!

Snow Patrol, ugh thought you had more taste (Deisler26) - We've established this week that the great Deisler is not a fan of my music.

Kiwi Stadium (Various) - There were many similar to this, and actually you weren't to far off!

69 (Deisler26) - The only one to guess '69'

100+ (Various) - Many people thinking that Barbra Streisend has been around too long.

England, France, Sweden, Ukraine (Please be this group!) (ManUTactician247) - I wanted to give you a point for this, it made me laugh. But no, you didn't get a point.

Juan Taco (hrbfcrule) - I'd like to meet him one day although the real answer was Kuno Becker.

Spice Girls (deltablue) - Secret fan by anychance?

Naked snow run (hursty2) - There were many variations of snow sports but this one stood out.

Stade de Auckland (City2000) - Some great stadium names but this has to be the best one in my opinion.

However the best answer so far, in the entire quiz goes to deltablue for this brilliantly thought out answer to number 9. Which I've only just got.

Boca Juniors and Young Boys (deltablue) - I've only just got it, that is quality. Brilliant delta, I take my hat off to you. :applause:

Unsurprised :D
And here are Flamers answers in full:

1. Georgia, Israel, Iceland and Estonia

2. Spandau Ballet

3. Sealand

4. Tom Hanks

5. Kola Tree Road

6. British Boob Council (I wish) British Broadcasting Council (real answer I think)

7. 99

8. 952

9. Ipswich Town, Bury Town

10. Icey, cold, snowy, white, pointless, suicidal, idiotic, fast, dangerous sports

11. I have been reading it but my memory isn’t that good!

1. Who was the first player to score 4 goals in an English Premier League game?

2. Who won the first season (2011) of The X Factor (U.S.)?

3. Which player has received more caps for Spain, Andres Iniesta or Cesc Fabregas?

4. Hollyoaks is sponosored by which camera company? (Channel 4 UK)

5. Which player scored the winning goal in the CONCACAF Gold Cup Final 2011?

6. Which song has the opening lyrics: Take the time, to make some sense, of what you want to say.

7. Which was the last club that Chris Kamara played for?

8. Name 5 of the 7 titles of the books/films Harry Potter.

9. This logo belongs to which club?

10. Who is the current World Snooker Champion?

Bonus Question: In SRL88’s career thread, which team finished above him and beat him in the FA Trophy final in the 2014/2015 season?

Archived