The FMCU Forum Quiz 2012!

HotChocolate

1. What year was the last time Santos won the Brazilian Serie A (Campeonato Brasileiro Série A)?

2. Name 3 countries that begin with H.

3. Who are currently 8th in the FIFA World Rankings (nation)?

4. What is the name of Beyonce and Jay-Z's new baby?

5. Which 3 Liverpool players scored the 2nd half goals in the famous Champions League Final comeback in 2005?

6. The well-known slogan "Melts in your mouth, not in your hands" is associated with which brand?

7. The 'Todoroki Athletics Stadium' is in which country?

8. Name 4 of the original Cluedo board game characters/suspects.

9. Who is the current captain of Bayern Munich?

10. What USA State is the Grand Canyon in?

Bonus Question: In kris0710’s career thread when managing Sheffield United in the 2015/2016 season he got knocked out of the FA Cup by Huddersfield but what was the score?

---------------------------------

Please Note: For question 2 I will NOT accept Holland as an answer, it is more of a nickname given to the Netherlands. If you put 3 countries down and Holland is one of them you will not get a point. And that ssestig has not got a career thread (apologises if you have, I couldn't find one) so I chose kris0710 over AK22 because he has the better overall score.

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I remember the Liverpool game so well, as I was in a Barcelona bar watching it. I made a bet with my mate at HT that we'd give our friend £100 each for her Race for Life sponsorship if they came back to win.....

Did you both pay up? TBH, even I didn't believe we'd come back from 3-0 down! Definitely the best (and most dramatic) match I've ever seen; one of those pinch yourselves moments that I'll never forget :)

I remember the Liverpool game so well, as I was in a Barcelona bar watching it. I made a bet with my mate at HT that we'd give our friend £100 each for her Race for Life sponsorship if they came back to win.....

I remember we'd gone on holiday somewhere and I was eager to watch the match when we got to the hotel, got in ran to the TV, AC Milan 3-0 up with like 20 minutes gone? (correct me if I'm wrong) and I was like, ah I've missed all the action.

Fortunately I still decided to watch the 2nd half and I was bouncing round the room at full time, even though I'm not a Liverpool fan.

Good set of questions there, some I knew, some I had to really think about and some where I had no clue whatsoever. After a shocker of a week last week I hope I can at least pull myself back upto mid-table respectability this week!

Email sent!

Don't take these contests very seriously so will just whip together some answers again. Couldn't give a toss who Jay Z is, never mind his kids.

Yeah I'm sort of glad I didn't get the answer to that one! Gave me the chance for a comedy response anyway :D

I wouldnt have had a clue what Jay Zed's kid would be called, but I remember my girlfriend telling me so I go the first name. She told me yesterday it was a double barrell though...I think!!!

1. What year was the last time Santos won the Brazilian Serie A (Campeonato Brasileiro Série A)?

2. Name 3 countries that begin with H.

Honduras, Haiti, Hungary, Hong Kong. (Hawaii is a state, not a country)

3. Who are currently 8th in the FIFA World Rankings (nation)?

Croatia.

4. What is the name of Beyonce and Jay-Z's new baby?

Blue Ivy Carter. (accpeted: Blue, Blue Ivy, Blue Carter, Blue Ivy Carter)

5. Which 3 Liverpool players scored the 2nd half goals in the famous Champions League Final comeback in 2005?

Vladimír Šmicer, Steven Gerrard and Xabi Alonoso.

6. The well-known slogan 'Melts in your mouth, not in your hands' is associated with which brand?

M&M, Minstrels or Mars (the company).

7. The 'Todoroki Athletics Stadium' is in which country?

Japan. (home of Kawasaki Frontale)

8. Name 4 of the original Cluedo board game characters/suspects.

Miss Scarlet, Colonel Mustard, Professor Plum, Mrs Peacock, Mrs White, Reverend Green. (Dr Black/Mr Boddy)

9. Who is the current captain of Bayern Munich?

Philip Lahm.

10. What USA State is the Grand Canyon in?

Arizona.

Bonus Question: In kris0710’s career thread when managing Sheffield United in the 2015/2016 season he got knocked out of the FA Cup by Huddersfield but what was the score?

5-4.

Deisler26 – 10pts | SRL88 – 12pts | Scribe – 9pts | DazRTaylor – 11pts| MattSpurs94 – 9pts | jackripper – 5pts| Pangaea – 3pts | rancer890 – 4pts| TWalsh – 11pts | Nobby_McDonald – 5pts| ManUTactician247 – 3pts | SnakeXe – 7pts| hrbfcrule – 11pts | B.W.G – 12pts| Flamers – 5pts | kris0710 – 9pts| AK22 – 8pts | Raware – 6pts | hursty2 – 6pts | deltablue – 5pts| City2000 – 7pts | Cplpeters1900 – 5pts| Barney Butterball – 8pts | Makonnen – 6pts| Adelaidean – 8pts |Ssestig – 6pts

*If you think you have got the wrong score then let me know, I did double check every set of answers I got so they should be correct but I am only human.

Username		R1	R2	R3	R4	R5	R6	R7	R8	R9	R10	Total
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B.W.G			11	9	12								32	
DazRTaylor		10	10	11								31
hrbfcrule		9	10	11								30
kris0710		10	11	9								30
MattSpurs94		10	9	9								28
Scribe			10	9	9								28
AK22			8	11	8								27
deltablue		12	10	5								27
ssestig			9	12	6								27
SRL88			6	8	12								26
Deisler26		7	8	10								25
Adelaidean		10	6	8								24
SnakeXe			6	10	7								23
Barney Butterball	7	7	8								22
hursty2			9	7	6								22
Raware			8	8	6								22
cplpeters1900		9	7	5								21
City2000		8	5	7								20
Nobby_McDonald		7	8	5								20
TWalsh			6	--	11								17
Flamers			9	2	5								16
jackripper		6	4	5								15
Makonnen		4	5	6								15
rancer890		6	5	4								15
roganp			8	7	--								15
Pangaea			5	4	3								12
Nottingham Forest	7	5	--								12
ManUTactician247	4	4	3								11
ShyBaldBuddhist		10	--	--								10
iHeadHunta x		5	3	--								8
malikoi			2	--	--								2

So deltablue only stayed top for 2 weeks and we now have a new leader in B.W.G but how long can he stay there for? The odds on Makonnen getting 7 next week? Quite high when you look at his previous scores with the steady improvement.

So like I said, I'd show you Pangaea's best answers as they did crack me up, maybe not your kind of comedy but none the less they made me laugh out loud.

Who are currently 8th in the FIFA World Rankings (nation)?

Again, I've no idea. Who cares about that crap anyway? Betting my house and right ball, okay, not the right ball, on Argentina.

What is the name of Beyonce and Jay-Z's new baby?

Following up from the forum, Shotgun Steve. It only seems right :D

Which 3 Liverpool players scored the 2nd half goals in the famous Champions League Final comeback in 2005?

Think Gerrard scored, but don't know the others. I was too disappointed AC Milan turned off and ****ed up! :D

The well-known slogan "Melts in your mouth, not in your hands" is associated with which brand?

Sweet-flavoured Condoms.

The 'Todoroki Athletics Stadium' is in which country?

Sounds a little Japanese so I'm going with that. I'm so on top of this!

Name 4 of the original Cluedo board game characters/suspects.

Played this once utter yonks ago so should get a few at least. Mafia, villager, police, witness. Unless I have mixed this up with another stupid game we played while downing beers that one time :D

----------------------------------------------------------------

And now for the baby names that were brilliantly thought up:

Cornelius (SnakXe)

Angela Merkel (Flamers)

Angel Delight (Raware)

Shameless Publicity Stunt (deltablue)

Pixie Tinkerbell Kowles-Z (Scribe)

HotChocolate! With the exclamation mark (rancer890) - By far the best! :thup:

Ding Dong (Nobby_McDonald)

Fairy Apple Dakota (Adelaidean)

Archived