The FMCU Forum Quiz 2012!

HotChocolate

The Winner

B.W.G with 112 points.

The Runner-Up

Deisler26 with 104 points.

Bronze Medal

AK22 and hrbfcrule can fight it out on 95 points.

The Genuine Loser

jackripper who answered every question and only got 26 points.

The Derp Award

Well there can only be one winner, he knows who he is. I think we all know who it is. Step forward Mr Flamers

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now I could be wrong about these statistics but I'm pretty sure they are a close guess. (I know some of the figures are different to last time, I blame myself :D)

Round 1 - 63% of the questions answered were correct.

Round 2 - 59% of the questions answered were correct.

Round 3 - 60% of the questions answered were correct.

Round 4 - 56% of the questions answered were correct.

Round 5 - 47% of the questions answered were correct.

Round 6 - 48% of the questions answered were correct.

Round 7 - 69% of the questions answered were correct.

Round 8 - 57% of the questions answered were correct.

Round 9 - 61% of the questions answered were correct.

Round 10 - 56% of the questions answered were correct.

Starting us off at number 10 is Kris0710 with his answer to: Name all 8 planets in our Solar System. He managed to name 8 planets but idiotically put Pluto as a planet and missed Earth!?

At number 9 is deltablue with what seems to be quite a rant at today's music society or just society in general, this was his answer to: Which song has these opening lyrics: I call you when I need you, my hearts on fire? 'Yet another chart-bait love song, that's the same as thousands we've heard before this year alone, and is probably a cover of something a proper band once did' by 'yet another manufactured 2d boyband that only exist because Simon Cowell's a greedy git and anyone who still watches his rubbish need to take a long hard look at themselves, and whose members are bound to end up on Big Brother because they'll have such a taste of fame that they'll really be that desperate for a little bit more, and that's what's really wrong with society today, that we glamourize and give these talentless tits publicity. Never mind the strikers, it's these people that should be taken outside and shot in front of their families, by properly talented musicians like Phil Collins and singers like Adele' P.S. you didn't spell glamorize correctly.

So ten minutes later and we are number 8, Nobby_McDonald is here with his 'Suk Mi Dik' answer to: Who is the new Supreme Leader of North Korea?

Number 7 will have to go to Nobby_McDonald and Deisler26 with one of the simplest answers I've seen: What is the name of David Camerons cat? Nick Clegg. Simple, but brilliant as well.

Now there were some good answers to this question: Name 10 of the current (2014) Winter Olympic Sports but hursty2's answers stood out the most: Naked Snow Run

Halfway there and for those of you that can't do Math this is number 5, What nationality is Justin Bieber? The little **** was born in Canada...poor Rancer and Cerud having to share the same nationality! It's nice to see we have a forumer that considers and cares about other people. Maybe Flamers should take some lessons off B.W.G?

Speaking of the devil, Flamers of course. He comes in at number 4 with Torvill and Dean as the answer to: Who are the current NHL champions?

The top 3 are the stand out answers and I found it incredibly hard to decide which one went where. It's just my opinion and you might not agree but coming very close to winning it and still finishing 3rd is Pangaea with Played this once utter yonks ago so should get a few at least. Mafia, villager, police, witness. Unless I have mixed this up with another stupid game we played while downing beers that one time. This was an answer to: Name 4 of the original Cluedeo board game charachters/suspects.

And so we have at number 2, by far the best thought out answer of them all. The one that I sat back and applauded after working out why it was so brilliant: deltablue and his answer to: Which two teams appeared in last years English FA Youth Cup Final? Was: Boca Juniors and Young Boys.

The winner though and it was genuinely close between the top 3 goes to...

AK22 and his answer: Baa Baa Black Sheep. The question I hear you ask? Which song has these opening lyrics: I call you when I need you, my hearts on fire?

And now the end is near, and so I face the final curtain. My friend, I'll say it clear, I'll state my case, of which I'm certain. I've a lived a life that's full, I've traveled each and every highway and more, much more than this, I did it myyyy waaay.

Is it just me that's tearing up at this moment? :(

But yes here is the end of the FMCU Forum Quiz, it's been absolutely ****ing amazing. Obviously it wouldn't have been as good without you lot and your amazing answers but we've had a good 10 weeks plus of pure brilliance at times. So yeah, a massive thank you to everyone that has participated in this quiz!

*slowly flashbacks of me writing the questions and you lot answering them, then me laughing at seeing the answers, passing them on to you and you laughing even more*

Okay, now I'm going to leave it here. Before I break the keyboard with my tears.

You lot are all legend-wait for it-dairy! :D:thup::cool:

Had a look back over the entire thread a few days ago because I wanted to reminisce. Delighted to have two top 10 entries (and to be pacesetter even though things fell off), and the rest were pretty darn excellent. Nice try on 'glamourize' but as 'Clueduo' and 'Charachters' are wrong, perhaps you shouldn't have thrown that stone ;)B.W.G's was my personal favourite.

Had a look back over the entire thread a few days ago because I wanted to reminisce. Delighted to have two top 10 entries (and to be pacesetter even though things fell off), and the rest were pretty darn excellent. Nice try on 'glamourize' but as 'Clueduo' and 'Charachters' are wrong, perhaps you shouldn't have thrown that stone ;)B.W.G's was my personal favourite.

For **** sake :D

• 2 weeks later...

I pretty much have a round ready to go, as a just for fun thing as I don't want to steal the competitive thunder of the main event, or to do it too soon after. Might get the ball rolling if people are keen on doing that sort of thing, people doing their own rounds for people to have a bit of fun doing.

I pretty much have a round ready to go, as a just for fun thing as I don't want to steal the competitive thunder of the main event, or to do it too soon after. Might get the ball rolling if people are keen on doing that sort of thing, people doing their own rounds for people to have a bit of fun doing.

Well I can set up the thread, the way I would do it is the winner of each week gets a point so the person who wins the most weeks is the winner. It's the easiest and simplest way in my eyes. I'll participate in the Quiz as and when I can which would hopefully be every week.

Well I can set up the thread, the way I would do it is the winner of each week gets a point so the person who wins the most weeks is the winner. It's the easiest and simplest way in my eyes. I'll participate in the Quiz as and when I can which would hopefully be every week.

Hopefully other people can think of rounds.

I think 10 what ever would be good, then you have the choice of doing more football questions but I think there should be a bare minimum of three questions away from football.

I've thought of two alternative scoring systems.

1. Score as last time, only instead of a points total, use an average points system instead. This will then also not 'punish' people who can't take part every week.

2. Score the same as last time with the quiz master scoring an average of everybody else's score the week they set the questions.

I'm up for being a quizmaster one week, I'll do the questions when it's my turn.

I've thought of two alternative scoring systems.

1. Score as last time, only instead of a points total, use an average points system instead. This will then also not 'punish' people who can't take part every week.

2. Score the same as last time with the quiz master scoring an average of everybody else's score the week they set the questions.

I'm up for being a quizmaster one week, I'll do the questions when it's my turn.

The first one might cause problems - if someone gets 100% on the first round they answer, for example, then if they're "away" for every other round then they'll take a share for first place at worst.

The second one I like, but how about in order to encourage people to make things challenging, the quiz master scores the inverse of the worst performance? So if someone gets 3 points out of 11, then the quiz master scores 8, or if they get 0, the quiz master gets 11.

Don't see why it needs to be another ongoing competition though, aside from the issue above, it would take away from the event of the annual quiz, I was only ever thinking of 'off-season' friendly rounds (people doing them for fun, a score after, that's it) and nothing that competitive. Plus it depends on a solid succession of people being able to think of rounds, which isn't easy. But if we did try and go around that route I would be in favour of a retrospective average score added on at the end.

Archived