The FMCU Forum Quiz 2012!

HotChocolate

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I sent mine before the updated questions :p

I would say you can change your answers.

But then I realized it was you Flamers and you'd get it wrong on purpose anyway :D

That's one, I also query whether Brazil ever capped a player called 'Ronlado'.

Now, now. We all know who I was meaning, that fat, goofy teeth, pretty decent striker.

I thought my Mighty Ducks answer was pretty good but nevermind :p.

Yeah and so did about 4 or 5 other people :D

Re: The Mighty Ducks, Anaheim Ducks as they are now known in the NHL were formed as the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim having been founded by the Disney company after the movie came out. Disney sold them in 2005 and their name changed.

Re: The Mighty Ducks, Anaheim Ducks as they are now known in the NHL were formed as the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim having been founded by the Disney company after the movie came out. Disney sold them in 2005 and their name changed.

As Ann Widdecombe would say, you clever dick.

I felt bad even having to put top tier in the brackets :D

Just when I was going to point out they'd never won the thing, I saw the bracket and was disappointed :D

Not been in this forum for quite a while now, but will hopefully get more than my usual 3-5 right this time. It's a little hard to believe people clean up every question every round without assistance. Maybe I'm not enough of a football and "everything else" nerd.

Not been in this forum for quite a while now, but will hopefully get more than my usual 3-5 right this time. It's a little hard to believe people clean up every question every round without assistance. Maybe I'm not enough of a football and "everything else" nerd.

Neither have :(

It is quite hard to believe at times but some people are genuinely just good at quizzes. I'm not one of those people though :cool:

However, Disney also wanted them to change the 'Ducks' name as they claimed they had a trademark, also wanted the arena's name changed which was the Arrowhead Pond. They got their way on the arena (now the Honda Center), but not on the name.

1. What nationality is Zenit St Petersburg’s Danny?

Portugese but he was born in Venezula.

2. What is Lady Gaga’s real name?

Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta.

3. Who is the current Manager (Head Coach) of Montreal Impact?

esse Marsch.

4. The Abraham Lincoln statue (memorial) is in which USA State?

Washington DC, District of Colombia, None. Were all acceptable answers.

5. In which country will the 2012 Europa League final be held?

Romania.

6. This logo belongs to which brand?

Puma.

7. Which 2 teams were in this year’s African Cup of Nations?

Zambia and Ivory Coast.

8. Paris Hilton (that famous person that shouldn’t be famous) is how old?

9. Who has received more caps for Brazil, (the) Ronlado or Ronaldiniho?

Ronaldo 98, Ronaldiniho 94.

10. Name all 17 of the weight classes in WBA boxing.

Minimumweight, Light flyweight, Flyweight, Super flyweight, Bantamweight, Super bantamweight, Featherweight, Super featherweight, Lightweight, Light welterweight, Welterweight, Middleweight, Super middleweight, Light heavyweight, Cruiserweight, Heavyweight.

11. Which year was the last time Liverpool won the Premier League (top tier)?

12. What is the capital of Kenya?

Nairobi.

13. Who is currently bottom of La Liga (as of today, Tuesday 20th March)?

Real Zaragoza.

14. Kansas City Royals is a team in which sport?

Baseball.

15. Who are the past 3 winners of the AFC Champions League?

Pohang Steelers, Seongnam Ilhwa Chunma and Al-Sadd.

16. Who won the Australian Grand Prix back in 2002?

Michael Schumacher.

17. Hatem Ben Arfa currently plays for which club?

Newcastle United.

18. Which song has these opening lyrics: I call you when I need you, my hearts on fire?

Simply the Best – Tina Turner.

19. This logo belongs to which club?

Genoa.

20. What is the name of David Camerons cat (or known as the cat that lives at 10 Downing Street)?

Larry.

Flamers – 3pts | SnakeXe – 14pts | hrbfcrule – 15pts | Barney Butterball – 16pts | Cplpeters1900 – 14pts | AK22 – 13pts | delatablue – 11pts | ShyBaldBuddhist – 12pts | City2000 – 12pts | Raware – 11pts | B.W.G – 16pts | hursty2 – 8pts | rancer890 – 7pts | ManUTactician – 11pts | acidmonkey – 16pts | Nobby_McDonald – 8pts | SRL88 – 14pts | Lucasinio – 9pts | jackripper – 3pts | Pangaea – 8pts | Deisler26 – 15pts

Username		R1	R2	R3	R4	R5	R6	R7	R8	R9	R10	Total
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B.W.G			11	9	12	11	10	10	12	10	11	16	112
Deisler26		7	8	10	11	10	11	10	11	11	15	104	
AK22			8	11	8	9	9	8	12	8	9	13	95
hrbfcrule		9	10	11	9	7	6	12	9	8	15	95
SRL88			6	8	12	7	10	9	10	8	9	14	93
SnakeXe			6	10	7	10	8	8	11	9	9	14	92
Barney Butterball	7	7	8	8	6	6	10	11	8	16	87
Cplpeters1900		9	7	5	8	7	4	9	8	8	14	79
deltablue		12	10	5	8	4	5	9	8	7	11	79
TWalsh			6	--	11	10	7	8	12	10	10	--	74
Raware			8	8	6	4	5	10	7	6	7	11	72
City2000		8	5	7	3	6	5	8	6	10	12	65
Ssestig			9	12	6	7	--	4	9	9	8	--	64
acidmonkey		--	--	--	--	8	10	7	12	10	16	63
ShyBaldBuddhist		10	--	--	8	2	8	11	5	5	12	61
hursty2			9	7	6	6	5	3	7	6	5	8	59
MattSpurs94		10	9	9	5	4	4	4	4	7	--	56
Nobby_McDonald		7	8	5	5	4	4	7	4	4	8	56
Adelaidean		10	6	8	6	9	5	9	--	--	--	53
kris0710		10	11	9	10	10	--	--	--	--	--	50
ManUTactician247	4	4	3	2	1	2	6	5	3	11	41
Scribe			10	9	9	8	5	--	--	--		--	41
Pangaea			5	4	3	4	--	2	6	4	4	8	40
rancer890		6	5	4	5	1	--	7	--	6	7	40
Makonnen		4	5	6	4	--	4	7	4	--	--	34
Flamers			9	2	5	2	0	1	4	1	5	3	32
jackripper		6	4	5	0	0	1	2	2	3	3	26
roganp			8	7	--	--	4	--	--	--	--	--	19
Makonnen		4	5	6	--	--	--	--	--	--	--	15
roganp			8	7	--	--	--	--	--	--	--	--	15
Nottingham Forest	7	5	--	--	--	--	--	--	--	--	12
Lucasinio		--	--	--	--	--	--	--	--	--	9	9
iHead Hunta x		5	3	--	--	--	--	--	--	--	--	8
arienceo		--	--	--	--	--	--	--	5	--	--	5
malikoi			2	--	--	--	--	--	--	--	--	--	2

Baa Baa Black Sheep (AK22) – Best answer for the song by far, even beats deltablue's (below).

'Yet another chart-bait love song, that's the same as thousands we've heard before this year alone, and is probably a cover of something a proper band once did' by 'yet another manufactured 2d boyband that only exist because Simon Cowell's a greedy git and anyone who still watches his rubbish need to take a long hard look at themselves, and whose members are bound to end up on Big Brother because they'll have such a taste of fame that they'll really be that desperate for a little bit more, and that's what's really wrong with society today, that we glamourize and give these talentless tits publicity. Never mind the strikers, it's these people that should be taken outside and shot in front of their families, by properly talented musicians like Phil Collins and singers like Adele' (deltablue) – Is the wrong answer.

Flamers (deltablue) – I’m sure he’d be honoured to have the cat named after him.

Nick Clegg (Nobby and Deisler26) – David Camerons cat again, brilliant.

This is where the next set of questions would be, but we've reached the 10th Round and it's all over :(

Tune in next week for the kind of Awards Ceremony bit (the **** version of Deislers brilliant Oscars thingy :D) I couldn't think how else to describe it!

Smashing job running this, by the way HC :thup: I shall definitely miss the weekly round of questioning in the off-season :(

Perhaps we could be loaned out to another quiz that runs during the FMCU Quiz off-season, in order to stay mentally fit for selection for our respective international quiz teams?

Nick Clegg :lol: That is ace!

deltablue should get a bonus point for the most awesome answer this entire competition though, with the long rant on **** music and PR horny tits. :thup:

At least it sounds like Adele can sing, which is more than I can say about just about any other pop artist. The music isn't half-bad either. Certainly beats the living s*it out of empty shells like... well, take your pick really, it's all crap. I shudder at the thought of A1, Boyzone and all the other Masterw*nkers that spewed their filthy faces and computer-assisted voices with tacked on and equally cringeworthy dance moves up through my teen years. :mad:

With that rant aside, I'm happy with 8 points. I'll pretend it was a 10-question round :D

I was thinking of Nick Clegg, but like the mighty ducks last week, it seemed too predictable. As for the music thing, Phil Collins certainly isn't famous for his looks, and I stand by my fondness for Adele.

Smashing job running this, by the way HC :thup: I shall definitely miss the weekly round of questioning in the off-season :(

Perhaps we could be loaned out to another quiz that runs during the FMCU Quiz off-season, in order to stay mentally fit for selection for our respective international quiz teams?

Cheers SnakeXe :thup:

I'm gutted that I've been off the boards recently, only been able to have my say in the League 1 thread and this thread every now and then, but that's life. It was odd not having to think up any questions for this last week...

Season 1 of the FMCU Forum Quiz was done well. GJ HC. :thup:

When's pre-season quizes coming? :D

It's a while away, no summer tournaments :D

I'm open to any ideas for next years if I manage to log on here enough times to keep my sanity :D and I am up for other people writing the quizzes as well!

delatablue – 11pts

Erm...

And thanks Pangaea. Once the idea came into my head, it was initially going to be much shorter, but making the same point, then I thought it would be amusing to make it overly long and decided to roll with it for a while. Good to see that effort recognized ;)

Erm...

I'm not even going to change it now :D

But I am ashamed of myself :cool:

As for the ideas, the close season exhibition rounds sounds good because if we waited till the next Quiz and had 10 rounds again then not everyone would get to be the Quiz Master.

Ditto, have been thinking about questions for a round, but didn't want to steal your thunder. Maybe we should have close season exhibition 'rounds'.

Sounds like a great idea. A different person set a batch of questions every week.

You can go first for coming up with it. I'll have the second week. :)

Just to let you know, the week after the the final round results, if that makes sense? :D

I will be doing a "Roundup" of the Quiz, so far I've got:

Top 10 Answers of the Quiz, The Awards (not wanting to copy Deisler) just the winner and the loser, the stats of each round, which questions I genuinely knew, The Derp Award

Any ideas would be welcome! :)

Here they are SnakXe, just post a comment. I'll be doing most of the deciding but input is always welcome! :D

Well as you know, the Derp Award was inspired by the sheer smashing-own-head-with-hammer derpery of Flamers, so I'll vote for him for that.

I think Nobby's "Suk Mi Dik" way back from the first round has to get into the top 10 answers too.

Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry.

I was so busy yesterday, I've got to make a website and as you can probably understand it's not easy. But I just completely forgot about it until late at night. I'll definitely do it today/now though!

Archived