The FMCU Forum Quiz 2012!

HotChocolate

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd say enjoy, but seen as I'm jealous I'll be spiteful as well :D

On the plus side, I've got the very unrealistic SSX waiting for me, so ever cloud...

People are losing the touch with the comedy :cool:

I did enjoy. Lots of snow. :)

1. Who is currently top of German Bundesliga as of today (Tuesday 28th February)?

Borrusia Dortmund.

2. Who are Ferraris two drivers for the upcoming Formula 1 season?

Fernando Alonso, Felipe Massa.

3. Name the 4 goal scorers in this year’s Carling Cup final.

Ben Turner, Joe Mason, Martin Skrtel, Dirk Kuyt.

4. Name 5 landlocked countries.

"A landlocked country is a country entirely enclosed by land, or whose only coastline lie on closed seas"

5. LA Galaxy signed Landon Donovan from which club?

Bayer Leverkusen.

6. Who is the CEO of Facebook?

Mark Zuckerberg.

7. Which two teams have won the A-League twice?

Sydney FC and Melbourne Victory.

8. Eden Gardens is a stadium used for which sport?

Cricket.

Bonus point for naming the country it is in:

India.

9. Who is the all-time leading goal scorer of the Spanish top tier?

Telmo Zarra.

10. Name the 4 colours that Google use in their logo.

Blue, Red, Yellow, Green.

11. In acidmonkey’s career thread AS Roma paid how much compensation to Borrusia Dortmund for him?

£2m

rancer890 – 7pts | ManUTactician247 – 6pts | acidmonkey – 7pts | Pangaea – 6pts | jackripper – 2pts | SRL88 – 10pts | Nobby_McDonald – 7pts | MattSpurs94 – 4pts | TWalsh – 12pts | hrbfcrule – 12pts | B.W.G – 12pts | AK22 – 12pts | Cplpeters1900 – 9pts | ShyBaldBuddhist – 11pts | deltablue – 9pts | Flamers – 4pts | Raware – 7pts | Barney Butterball – 10pts | hursty2 – 7pts | Adelaidean – 9pts | City2000 – 8pts | Makonnen – 7pts | SnakeXe – 11pts |Ssestig – 9pts

*If you think you have got the wrong score then let me know, I did double check every set of answers I got so they should be correct but I am only human. It's been proven I can get things wrong.

Username		R1	R2	R3	R4	R5	R6	R7	R8	R9	R10	Total
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B.W.G			11	9	12	11	10	10	12				75
Deisler26		7	8	10	11	10	11	10				67	
AK22			8	11	8	9	9	8	12				65
hrbfcrule		9	10	11	9	7	6	12				64
SRL88			6	8	12	7	10	9	10				62
SnakeXe			6	10	7	10	8	8	11				60
TWalsh			6	--	11	10	7	8	12				54
Adelaidean		10	6	8	6	9	5	9				53
deltablue		12	10	5	8	4	5	9				53
Barney Butterball	7	7	8	8	6	6	10				52
kris0710		10	11	9	10	10	--	--				50
Cplpeters1900		9	7	5	8	7	4	9				49
Raware			8	8	6	4	5	10	7				48
Ssestig			9	12	6	7	--	4	9				47
MattSpurs94		10	9	9	5	4	4	4				45
Scribe			10	9	9	8	5	--	--				41
hursty2			9	7	6	6	5	3	7				40
Nobby_McDonald		7	8	5	5	4	4	7				40
ShyBaldBuddhist		10	--	--	8	2	8	11				39
City2000		8	5	7	3	6	5	8				37
DazRTaylor		10	10	11	--	--	--	--				31
Makonnen		4	5	6	4	--	4	7				30
rancer890		6	5	4	5	1	--	7				27
acidmonkey		--	--	--	--	8	10	7				25
Pangaea			5	4	3	4	--	2	6				24
Flamers			9	2	5	2	0	1	4				23
ManUTactician247	4	4	3	2	1	2	6				22
roganp			8	7	--	--	4	--	--				19
jackripper		6	4	5	0	0	1	2				18

B.W.G takes a 10 point lead at the top but there is still so many points to gain that anyone can win it. Well anyone with 32 plus points can, but if you're not near the top I wouldn't get your hopes up :D

Thought I should have had 12 but then realised I only gave you four landlocked countries for some inexplicable reason. I could bloody well name 10!

Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Afghanistan, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Mongolia, Switzerland, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Belarus. :mad:

Crocodile Dundee United (acidmonkey) - A great suggestion of a football team down under.

5 Euros and a packet of Pringles, sour cream and onion flavour (Nobby) - That would suit me down for compensation if I was a chairman.

Extreme Chess (MattSpurs94) - Do they have stadiums for that? Or is it just old peoples homes?

Fred, Pete, Andy and Brian, and wasn't that their parents job? (deltablue) - I'm sure to score goals is the players jobs and not the parents jobs. You were wrong anyway.

Switzerland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Austria, Hungary (like me right now...) (Flamers) - You always want something, this time it was food.

Ugly, Ugly 2.0, Cardiff Player, Cardiff Player (hursty2) - Bit harsh on Skrtl and Kuyt. Did I say harsh? I mean kind.

I send this email using gmail, not cheating - I swear. Red, Yellow, Blue and Green. (hursty2) - You're lucky, I gave you the point anyway cheater.

Mark "I spit and jizz and dump a really massive one all over your privacy rights" Zuckerberg. (Pangaea) Sure that's not his middle name but still.

Competitive apple eating. Quite certain it must be in Norway, most likely in Hell (Pangaea) - Some people really do try their hardest for the comedy answers, but it worked!

Thought I should have had 12 but then realised I only gave you four landlocked countries for some inexplicable reason. I could bloody well name 10!

Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Afghanistan, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Mongolia, Switzerland, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Belarus. :mad:

I checked all the countries then thought, eh? Hang on a minute he's only put 4 down. Well that's wrong.

There are so many words to describe how you're feeling right now, but gutted must be up their :D

1. Ricoh Arena is home to which football team?

2. The video game 'SSX' has just been released but which company developed the game?

3. Halmstad BK's away shirt is what color?

4. 'A life too short' was written by who?

5. Juventus have won the UEFA Cup (currently the Euorpa League) how many times?

6. What is the capital of Finland?

7. Name the last 3 runners up of the FIFA World Cup.

8. Justin Bieber was born in which country?

9. Who is this happy fella?

10. Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum are staring in which upcoming film?

Bonus Question: In AK22's career thread, in the 2019/2020 he was in charge at Fulham but who was his top goalscorer in that scorer?

*The bonus question was chosen at random between the people who got 12 points.

*Oh and I can only apologize for question 8, got to be fair to everyone no matter what their music taste.

I believe I got 5, I named 4 penalty scorers. You didn't specify it couldn't be penalties ;)

The penalties aren't classed as goals as it doesn't effect the scoreline (it is separately put as a different scoreline) and I also said 'the 4 goal scorers' which signifies the 4 goals scored in normal time, there was more than 4 penalties scored.

It seems to be the case with smallish city unis. Exeter (my old one) is a pretty tough (we even have what's known as 'cardiac hill') one, even the first bit of the climb from St Davids station is steep. Reading (was there on an open day once) seems to be at the top rather than on it, and Canterbury (my home city) is a bit of a slope as well, thankfully at school we ran down it a lot more than up it, and the uni isn't that far up.

[video=youtube;jsmcDLDw9iw]

Oh we weren't just posting Maiden vids? Never mind... :D

Bath Uni is at the top of a massive hill as well. There's often radically different weather there to in town as well, once it was sunny and dry outside my house and there was 3 inches of snow when I got to campus. True story.

Archived