• B.W.G
  • Makonnen
  • DazRTaylor
  • Nottingham Forest
  • kris0710
  • rancer890
  • malikoi
  • Pangaea

Been without internet for almost a week so couldn't send in for the last round. It just got back now. Slow a stiff turd's exit, but at least it's back.

Would just have gotten my usual 3-5 points anyway so doubt I missed out on being a winner :D

A great week for me as I knew the majority of those questions :D (makes a change!)...well, apart from the damn reality tv show question and Hollyoaks question. Confident of at least 7-8 questions that are right :D

Knew Hollyoaks as it's mentioned in trailers beforehand when I'm watching the Simpsons, maybe should avoid such non-sporting UK-specific questions in future though.

Hollyoaks was one that was UK specific yes, but I think it would be hard to not avoid it the odd time.

X-Factor US, Harry Potter, the song lyrics, World Snooker Champion could be known anywhere in the world in my opinion, granted Hollyoaks isn't but like I said it would be hard to make sure every question was answerable for everyone.

O mighty Quizmaster, I had an idea to run past your great mind, maybe we should have a bonus point for the best answer, just one a week shouldn't devalue the quiz much and make willy answers for questions you don't know more worthwhile.

From deltablue, I like the idea and I'm willing to put it in if there wont be a revolt against me :D

Although the same person can't win it twice and it's based on my opinion?

I assume either he or they are making a play on the Beastie Boys song?

Most Macc Lads songs are just the music from one song with their lyrics replacing the original, usually about sex and beer.

Of course. I thought about sending a link to Sweaty Betty but thought I'd ease him into The Macc Lads. :D

Better than starting him with he's a poof. Failure with girls is my favourite.

I thought it would be best to leave this until today so that it didn't cause any difference for people who hadn't sent in answers to those that already had but I decided to remove Question 5: Which player scored the winning goal in the CONCACAF Gold Cup Final 2011? This is because in my eyes the 'winning' goal is the one that puts the team in front. The game finished USA 2-4 Mexico and therefore the 3rd goal was the 'winning' goal but after considering it mid-week I decided that I did that based on my opinion and others might see it differently.

Pablo Barrera was the correct answer but as I said I removed it because people could take the question differently. I have added a 'bonus point' in this weeks round, so there will be a possible 13 points next week to make up for the possible 11 points this week.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused, blah, blah, blah. I hope you forgive me :D

1. Who was the first player to score 4 goals in an English Premier League game?

Efan Ekoku.

2. Who won the first season (2011) of The X Factor (U.S.)?

Melanie Amaro

3. Which player has received more caps for Spain, Andres Iniesta or Cesc Fabregas?

Andres Iniesta. (Iniesta had 63, Fabregas 62).

4. Hollyoaks is sponosored by which camera company? (Channel 4 UK)

Nikon.

6. Which song has the opening lyrics: Take the time, to make some sense, of what you want to say.

The Masterplan, Oasis.

7. Which was the last club that Chris Kamara played for?

Welshpool (he joined them for 1 competitive game at the start of February this year!)

8. Name 5 of the 7 titles of the books/films Harry Potter.

Philosophers Stone (Sorcerers Stone), Chamber of Secrets, Prisoner of Azkaban, Goblet of Fire, Order of the Phoenix, Half-Blood Prince, Deathly Hallowes Part 1 (Part 2).

9. This logo belongs to which club?

Rubin Kazan.

10. Who is the current World Snooker Champion?

John Higgins.

11. In SRL88’s career thread, which team finished above him and beat him in the FA Trophy final in the 2014/2015 season?

Northampton Town.

MattSpurs94 – 4pts | ManUTactician247 – 2pts | acidmonkey – 11pts | SnakeXe – 8pts | Flamers – 1pt | hrbfcrule – 6pts | SRL88 – 9pts | Nobby_McDonald – 4pts | Pangaea – 2pts | jackripper – 1pt | ShyBaldBuddhist – 8pts | Cplpeters1900 – 4pts | AK22 – 8pts | Barney Butterball – 6pts | deltablue – 5pts | Raware – 10pts | Adelaidean – 5pts | TWalsh – 3pts | Deisler26 – 11pts | Makonnen – 4pts | City2000 – 5pts | hurtsy2 – 3pts | Ssestig – 4pts | B.W.G – 10pts

*If you think you have got the wrong score then let me know, I did double check every set of answers I got so they should be correct but I am only human.

Archived