The FMCU Forum Quiz 2012!

HotChocolate

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What time can we expect the results HC? Can't wait to see Nobbys answer where he was trying to be smart and also see who scored 0.

Just about to upload them now!

------

Had an idea for Round 10, the last round. Instead of the usual 10 questions with a bonus questions how about 20 questions? No bonus question, it could change the league table dramatically and with it being the final week, always got to go out with a bang? :D

1. What is the nickname of Torquay United?

The Gulls.

2. What was the score in this year’s Super Bowl (XLVI)?

New York Giants 21-17 New England Patriots.

3. Who is the all-time leader in caps for the South African national football team?

Aaron Mokoena.

4. Who is the author of ‘Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator’?

Roald Dahl.

5. In Panathinaikos’s only appearance in the European Cup (Champions League) Final, who did they face?

Ajax. (1971)

6. Who is the Prime Minister of Australia?

Julia Gillard.

7. In what year were FC KØbenhavn founded?

8. What is the capital of Nepal?

Kathmandu.

9. In which stadium was the 1986 FIFA World Cup Final played?

Estadio Aztec. (Mexico)

10. This logo belongs to which Car brand? (click link)

Citroën.

Bonus Question: In B.W.G’s career how many points did his team finish with in the league season: 2020/2021.

ManUTactician – 2pts | SRL88 – 7pts | Rancer890 – 5pts | Nobby_McDonald – 5pts | Scribe – 8pts | TWalsh – 10pts | Deisler26 – 11pts | jackripper – 0pts*** | hrbfcrule - 9pts | SnakeXe – 10pts| Flamers – 2pts | B.W.G – 11pts | Raware – 4pts | ShyBaldBuddhist – 8pts | AK22 – 9pts | deltablue – 8pts | Adelaidean – 6pts | kris0710 – 10pts | Cplpeters1900 – 8pts | Pangaea – 4pts | MattSpurs24 – 5pts | City2000 – 3pts | Ssestig – 7pts | Barney Butterball – 8pts | hursty2 – 6pts**

*If you think you have got the wrong score then let me know, I did double check every set of answers I got so they should be correct but I am only human.

** hursty2, sorry I didn't get your answers, which is odd. Got the ones you re-sent in though!

*** jackripper is the one with 0 points!

Username		R1	R2	R3	R4	R5	R6	R7	R8	R9	R10	Total
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B.W.G			11	9	12	11							43	
kris0710		10	11	9	10							40
hrbfcrule		9	10	11	9							39
AK22			8	11	8	9							36
Deisler26		7	8	10	11							36
Scribe			10	9	9	8							36
deltablue		12	10	5	8							35
ssestig			9	12	6	7							34
MattSpurs94		10	9	9	5							33
SnakeXe			6	10	7	10							33
SRL88			6	8	12	7							33
DazRTaylor		10	10	11	--							31
Adelaidean		10	6	8	6							30
Barney Butterball	7	7	8	8							30
cplpeters1900		9	7	5	8							29
hursty2			9	7	6	6							28
TWalsh			6	--	11	10							27
Raware			8	8	6	4							26
Nobby_McDonald		7	8	5	5							25
City2000		8	5	7	3							23
rancer890		6	5	4	5							20
Flamers			9	2	5	2							18
Pangaea			5	4	3	4							16
jackripper		6	4	5	0							15
Makonnen		4	5	6	--							15
roganp			8	7	--	--							15
ManUTactician247	4	4	3	2							13
Nottingham Forest	7	5	--	--							12
ShyBaldBuddhist		10	--	--	8							18
iHeadHunta x		5	3	--	--							8
malikoi			2	--	--	--							2

So B.W.G stays top for another week but a shout out for ShyBaldBuddhist who has had two good weeks, if only he hadn't have gone on holiday... :cool:

I'm sure all of these would do a better job than a woman :D*goes into hiding for 3 weeks*

Shane Warne (SRL88) – Australian prime minister.

Kangeroo Jack (rancer890) – Australian prime minister.

Foster advert blokes (various) – Australian prime minister.

Crocodile Dundee (AK22) – Australian prime minister.

Ned Kelly (SnakeXe) - Australian prime minister, because me moaned about it.

Torquebows (hursty2) – Torquays nickname, it made me laugh and does deserve a mention!

Broussia Dortmund 6-0 Manchester City (deltablue) - Not a bad guess at the SuperBowl score!

Cap Collector (jackripper) - The South African all time leading capped player!

11 players (jackripper) - That is true to be fair, but not what I was looking for. (Question 5)

Didn't click the link so I'll say a Morris Minor (jackripper) - I have a feeling our Jack was a bit grumpy :cool:

--------

And I would just love to thank you all that decided to put N as the capital of Nepal although only 1 of you claimed it to be right (Flamers) :D

7. In what year were FC KØbenhavn founded?

Notts County are the oldest club formed in 1862 so I will say it was any year after 1862, which makes my answer correct :)

You really shouldn't have said that to me, I live in Sheffield, I think I'll know which team is the oldest club formed:

Sheffield FC formed in 1857 (according to Wikipedia, 24th October)

Notts County formed in 1862, (correct me if I'm wrong) the oldest football league club and the oldest professional club.

:D

What about my superbowl answer? Hardly hilarious but surely worth a mention as it was obviously not serious and amusingly wrong on so many levels? Plus career nods are made of win. Just be lucky I didn't put my West Brom side hammering the Blades to reach the playoff, which I nearly did but thought would be a bit cruel.

1. In Euro 2012, Group B consists of which 4 teams?

2. Gary Lightbody is the lead vocalist of which band?

3. Bob Bradley is the current head coach (manager) of which international side?

4. Who played Santiago Munez in the films Goal, Goal 2 and Goal 3?

5. Auckland City FC currently play their home games in which stadium?

6. What does the BBC stand for?

7. Eden Hazard currently wears which number for Lille?

8. Oprah Winfrey, the American talk show host, is how old?

9. Which two teams were in the English FA Youth Cup Final last season?

10. Name 10 of the 16 current (2014) Winter Olympic sports?

Bonus Question: In Deisler26's career, name the 4 teams he faced in getting to the TIM Coppa Italia Final in 2022. (Includes the team he played in the final but excludes the qualifying rounds).

Four points is more than I expected.

Had no idea København are that young. Though now when you mention it, I seem to recall something about it from the back rows of my brain.

"F.C. Copenhagen was founded in 1992, as a superstructure between 15-time Danish football champions[/url] (KB) and seven-time Danish football champions "

I remember reading that ages ago, I have a very, very strange love affection with FC København, I should go to the doctors about it. So I knew the answer and thought that some may know it (with it being recent,ish). :)

I was only about 80 years out on the København question. Never would have gussed they were that young a club.

Looks tough this week. At first glance I think I only know 2 of them.

I knew about 2/3 of the answers. The rest I had to check, I'm so glad I'm writing the questions and not answering them, I'd suck so much.

Maybe I could do a round up of how many points I'd get at the end of the Quiz? :D

I knew the Kobenhavn one because of looking them up when they went on that good (for them) Champions League run a couple of seasons ago.

Sent my answers, and having checked, I think I may just have gotten 8 as predicted! Assuming I didn't get any of the names wrong or confuse real sports for demo sports for the Winter Olympic sports of course.

Sent, mix of a few I knew, genuine but long shot guesses (some so long a shot that they had travelled from the other side of the world) and a few 'comedy' answers. I bet I got 8 or 9 on the last regular question, mega mean that one.

Did mine not make it in ontime? Sent late last night via PM.

Sorry Makonnen, I actually did get yours and remember reading them this morning. Not sure why I haven't put them on.

I'll put your results into the table and updated for next week :thup:

You got 4 points, if you were wondering :)

Archived