Sports Interactive Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nicozz

Best Players

Hi Guys,

I am looking for advice on a LB/LWB CB & DEF MID

What would u say was the best left back in game:

Centre back:

Defensive Mid:

Many Thanks:D

What do you mean by 'best?' Overall best, or best realistic target, or best in terms of potential?

CB - Pique is probably the best. In terms of realistic targets, Kyriakos Papadopoulos would make for a great stopper, if you can get his heading up a bit. I'm also a huge fan of Mats Hummels for a covering ball-playing defender, though his acceleration isn't the best.

DM - I'd probably have to go with Fellaini. You can buy him pretty cheap usually ($25-35M in FM11) and he's young, very talented.

DL - Lahm is good, but expensive and aging (in my save he's had injury problems though). If you're looking for a defensive player, someone like Criscito could work. Alex Sandro has very good defensive, offensive, and speed attributes and could be one to look at. Jack Robinson appears to have a lot of potential if you're willing to develop him (and can pry him away from Anfield). Also Cesar Azpillicueta is an excellent right back that is an accomplished left back who develops into a player similar to Lahm but overall pretty significantly better.

It has to be said that Lahm plays a lot better than his attributes (which were nerfed from FM11) suggest. In fact in my second season as Bayern, I haven't conceded a single goal when Lahm's been playing by mid-October - that's two months of clean sheets. He's also offensively really, really good. Having a fullback that cuts inside is a good trick to have up your sleeve.

Probably not the best but always welcome in my first 11:

CB: Vermaelen probably, he might not be the best there is but a great defender and comfortable on the ball. I'm also a huge fan of Jan Vertonghen. If i'd have to pick the best I'd probably chose Vincent Kompany.

DM: I'm also a huge Fellaini fan (he is not performing that well in real life tho :(). Other picks would be Moussa Sissoko, Yaya Toure, Sergio Busquets and of course Xabi Alonso.

DL: Clichy is definitively up there imo just like Evra, Lahm and Marcelo.

well firstly.. you havent told us what team you are so ... best in the game? or best for your team? anything we suggest is pretty useless without the info really..

cb's : vincent kompany is probably the best overrall given his age, stats and potential to improve..

or for more realistic targets:

hummels

samba

dante

titus bramble

DM's: mascherano is still the best at the role in the game.. honourable mentions go to: cambiasso, de jong, essien (when fit)

realistic targets:

fellaini

sven bender

tiote

LB's: ashley cole, evra, chiellini, lahm

realistic targets:

baines

bale

criscito

cissohko

Chellini is **** at lb

Hmm that's odd.. My experience with him is that he's fantastic at both DC an DL. Could be down to different tactics tho :D