Giving highest ranked teams byes into later rounds?

JLlo

After hearing that we can no longer use the advanced panels I'd like to know if it was possible in the normal editor to give top teams from a league a bye into later rounds of a cup competition?

Basically, top 6 teams from the league qualify for a separate cup competition. Clubs who finished 1st and 2nd receive a bye into the Semi-Finals, whereas teams finishing 3rd to 6th play each other in the Quarter-Finals.

Now I know this wasn't possible in FM2011 as it would give byes to the lowest ranked clubs in that division rather than the top ranked clubs. So I'm just wondering if this has been fixed with the FM2012 editor?

Don't you just need to list all the leagues in reverse order? Then, when the competition is taking clubs, it starts from the bottom and works up (or vice-versa)?

Unless they've changed it, it always starts from the top of each league. So the teams at the top of the league will be entered first into the competition and the teams at the bottom will be entered later in the competition.

There really should be an option for selecting the teams in reverse order.

Unless they've changed it, it always starts from the top of each league. So the teams at the top of the league will be entered first into the competition and the teams at the bottom will be entered later in the competition.

There really should be an option for selecting the teams in reverse order.

I've never had that. I've made the full FA Trophy adding teams from the Conference (top division) to the Level 8 leagues (lowest division) in that order, and when I've made the preliminary/qualifying rounds, the Level 8 teams enter in the earlier rounds, and then the Conference teams enter later.

Select your seeding rules to "seeded by division reputation" is how you can sort out the teams.

I've never had that. I've made the full FA Trophy adding teams from the Conference (top division) to the Level 8 leagues (lowest division) in that order, and when I've made the preliminary/qualifying rounds, the Level 8 teams enter in the earlier rounds, and then the Conference teams enter later.

Select your seeding rules to "seeded by division reputation" is how you can sort out the teams.

Thanks for the reply.

However, as T-Bliz mentioned I'm taking about seeding WITHIN a division. For example a 12 team league, bottom 8 teams start in 1st round then top 4 teams start in second round. The editor unfortunately would do that back to front, so top 8 teams would end up starting in 1st round and bottom 4 teams would end up starting in 2nd round.

Thanks for the reply.

However, as T-Bliz mentioned I'm taking about seeding WITHIN a division. For example a 12 team league, bottom 8 teams start in 1st round then top 4 teams start in second round. The editor unfortunately would do that back to front, so top 8 teams would end up starting in 1st round and bottom 4 teams would end up starting in 2nd round.

I see what you mean now, sorry for the confusion. You could always add to your stages 8 teams starting in the 1st round then 4 in the next.

When I've selected a specific number of teams from a league, I've always seen random teams entering regardless of where they are in the table in the current season or where they finished the season before.

Archived