FM12: Swansea City - Clwb Pêl-droed Dinas Abertawe

II McColl II

Indeed, watching the game yesterday against Arsenal I was taken back. It was the first time I had properly watched them in full flow, and it was only short of Spain and Barcelona model in the way they keep the ball - truly remarkable. Especially when you think that Leon Britton, I think I'm right in saying, was one of the members of the team in League 2 - just how he has developed as a player is a story in itself.

Credit too has to be given to the managers that have succeeded Brendan Rodgers, that have allowed him to seamlessly implement this system on to the team. So devote he is to this passing and possession based style of football that I read in an article on the Guardian that, the keeper Michele Vorm's ability with the ball at his feet was a overwhelming factor in his purchase. The statement of Brendan Rodgers after their game against Manchester United, that concluded something along the lines I cannot blame a player for losing possession in a dangerous area as that's the way I wish him to play. Neil Taylor I think it could have been, if you recall he was disposed near to his goal for Hernandez to go on to score the only goal of the game.

From what I have seen of them this season, I have found them to lack that killer instinct and the ability to score goals; something I think that has been highlighted upon in their away form this season. Just the next step I believe for them to become a very, very good side would be for them to be more clinical upfront. Now I'm sure that many Swansea fans here would be a lot more qualified on the matter, but I just think the difference between how Barcelona play this game to Swansea is their ability to create something out of nothing and finish teams of, something that is to be expected and not a slight on Swansea - Barca's players are the best of the best. I've thought that Nathan Dyer and Scott Sinclair to just be lacking that spark to take them on to the next stage as players, instead of very direct pacey wingers - same can be said of Walcott I feel; although yesterday Dyer should in how he took his goal what I feel he should be showing. I have been very impressed with Danny Graham this season as well, very underrated I think. Watching Motd yesterday gave me another chance to see the runs he makes, that sometimes go unnoticed; seems a very clever forward. Slightly detracted from the FM world here, but thought i'd like to shed some praise on to Swansea, not to sound condescending.

A fair summary to be honest. Roberto Martinez has often been credited with establishing our style of play , but my own personal view is that we owe a lot more to Brian Flynn who I believe laid the foundations all those years ago. Each and every manager since has added aspects or disciplines to the way we play ( Out of interest, our coaching staff has remained relatively stable. Any new manager coming to the club is not allowed to bring his own team ! ) . Some were more successful than others. Martinez instilled the possession based game but was found wanting in his defensive approach. Sousa concentrated entirely on defence some would say , to the detriment of our attacking ability. Rodgers so far seems to be almost getting the balance right. I say almost , as every Swans fan and probably even Brendan himself will tell you that we are still missing one piece of the jigsaw - a creative midfielder. Not since Jordi Gomez left has this position in the team been adequately filled. Dobbie is the latest in a seemingly long line of applicants who have had limited success linking up play with the lone forward. Maybe Gylfi is the answer. Time will tell.

Regarding the rest of the team, I think most fans are more than happy with the squad. Now we are getting noticed, it could be a case of trying to hold on to some of them ie Williams, Joe and Dyer. Incidently, it was Rangel who gave away the ball, and as you rightly said no blame was apportioned by management and fans alike.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply
haha , a fi hefyd, wel... dwi'n aros am y patch i dod allan yn gyntaf :)

bodde is interesting... ive never seen him produce the kind of football that his stats seem to reflect tbh..

Bodde is the best player currently at the club. He is on the way to making another comeback. Fingers crossed.

hey muhammadrizka ... would love to see this tactic if you would like to share it?

Pleasure mate, I'll to share the tactic later as right now still on beta version.

I'm run with the tactic after half season, my Swansea just sitting at 7th PL table. I want more at least in big 4th.

Any suggestion so I can reach more CCC, and is it true about possession football always be easily to get counter? Been frustated as I always get conceded from counter.

And FYI, I'm not playing slow-narrowing, more as normal and I can get Allen rocking guys. :)

swanseavsunderlandanaly.png

Cheers McColl.

Great thread. ;)

2011/12 Season Update

Just about a third of the way though my Premier League campaign, and after a tricky start against some of the Premier League giants I'd say so far, so good. Didn't want to overhaul the squad too much within the first transfer window, so kept my business to a minimum as you will see. I choose this approach, as one it will give a little more realism; and it will give me a good chance to see what I am working with. Tactically, I will go over in a bit more detail; but wanted to replicate the possesion, keep ball style of football that Brendan Rodgers has implemented upon Swansea in real life.

League Table

SwanseavManUtdInformation_LeagueTable.png?t=1326850654

Aimed for a mid-table finish this season, to strike a happy medium between realistic expectations and financial backing. Only 12 games in, I expect teams like Tottenham and Newcastle to improve in what they are up too, and for Wolves and Everton to slip away. So after a testing start to the season I'm pleased at where I'm sitting.

Results

SwanseaCityFixtures_Fixtures.png

Pre-season got off to a slow start, but once made some tweaks to the original system I saw some improvements within the style of football that was played, which in turn saw two good perfromances against Heerenveen and Derby. As you can see I was unceremoniously dumped out of the League Cup, thanks for a useless second string team. As far as the League goes, the fixtures against Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Man U weren't going to be games that I have expected points to be picked up at; so the 3-2 win over Man U came to be a very nice bonus.

Team Analysis

My opinions upon the personnel that I have got to work with have greatly approved on the whole. Players such as Dyer, Rangel, Taylor and Graham have been most impressive I feel. My defence has let me down on many occasion, and I feel that Ashley Williams and Caulker just don't have enough quality for the level of football and what style I am playing. In so far as the midfield, Britton and Allen they have battled amicably against the big sides, and have dominated against the others; but I just feel that there lacks the creativity and that spark of quality that you will need to progress in seasons to come. Up front, as I have said, I have been impressed with Danny Graham, he's bagged me a few goals thus far and I feel with a greater quality of service he could be a decent striker. Out wide, Sinclair has failed to impress at all, but I'm determined to get him playing the way I know he can, same can be said for Nathan Dyer who has had a so-so start to the season. Other than the players I have mentioned, there is nothing to write home about, and therefore haven't relied on those guys to heavily, as I don't feel they are good enough players - Mark Gower, Alan Tate, Gary Monk, Leroy Lita, Wayne Routledge, Luke Moore etc etc.

Transfers

Incoming

• Gylfi Sigurðsson

• Ravel Morrison

• Ruben Yttergård Jenssen
    (Joins 1.1.12)

• Lucas Andersen
    (Joins 1.1.12)

• Jelle Vossen
    (Joins 1.1.12)

• Magnar Ødegaard
    (Joins 1.1.12)

• Tor Marius Gromstad
    (Joins 1.1.12)

• Stefan Strandberg
    (Joins 1.1.12)

Outgoing
  • Stephen Dobbie
    - Season Loan 325k - Southampton

• Nobody really shipped out just yet, but I will look to move on pretty much all of the squad players. The likes of Craig Beattie, Luke Moore, Leroy Lita, Mark Gower, Andrea Orlandi, the list goes on..

Tactics

Well, to replicate the real life style of play that Swansea you really need to priorities ball retention. To do this what I have done is build a system around a simplistic 4-3-2-1. From here, the stock tactical system would be one of a narrow/medium width, slow tempo, no time wasting at all and shortest passing for most members of the side, lots of closing down and a high defensive line. Here's a detailed view at a few of the more crucial positions in the side..

• Goalkeeper - Michel Vorm - My goalkeeper is set tactically as a Sweeper Keeper attack, with Run with Ball often, passing shortest, and distribution to Ashley Williams in center back. He plays a vital role in ball retention, giving my defence a constant option to play the ball back to. With him running with ball, you should see that when he has the chance and freedom to do so, he will move the ball out, higher up the pitch then look for a pass.
  • Full Backs - Angel Rangel & Neil Taylor - In most games I expect to dominate, these guys will be set to Wing Back support/attack. They will always look to offer an outlet, a square ball out from the center midfield, so should be comfortable in possession as most games you will see that these guys make a large number of your teams passes.
  • Defensive/Center Midfield - Joe Allen, Leon Britton - These guys are the engine room of the team, and should ideally see the ball more than any other players in the team. Therefore you need to determine, as a pair what you want them to do with it. Leon Britton 'water carrier', no running with the ball, no through balls, no shooting from distance and shortest passing. What I want him to do is get the ball, and move it on. Joe Allen is the slightly more adventurous of the two, I've set him to have a slightly wider range of passing and creativity along with the luxury of through balls now and again; still no running with the ball or shooting.
  • Center/Attacking Midfield - Glyfi Sigurðsson - Here I have my playmaker. I try to direct everything through him instead of Joe Allen or Leon Britton due to him having the technical and creative superiority, and his tactical instructions reflect this accordingly.

Anything that I haven't mentioned, and thought of whilst writing that would be - little or no crossing, no shooting from distance unless you have somebody like Sigurðsson in your side, limit your creativity and through balls to one or two players in your side - not to technical neanderthals, like Ashley Williams. Erm, I've also set my GK, RB, CBs, LB and St to have 'hold up ball'. No roaming for anybody. Now I don't confess to be the ultimate tactical guru, this is just what seems to be working for me. Anything that I have missed there I would be happy to go over etc.

Swansea City 3 - 2 Manchester United

SwanseavManUtdAnalysis_Analysis.png

By far my best performance so far this season, and it came against top of the table Man U. As you can see my possesion indicates I dominated and controlled the ball against a side that pressed me heavily. As well as this it does indicate the fragility of my defence when playing this style of football, especially against top sides. High defensive lines, and intense closing down is likely to leave the far from world class Ashley Williams and Steven Caulker exposed behind, and dragged around.

Very interested in muhammadrizka's efforts, struggled to get any of my players to get anything near 100+ passes; something I would very much like to reach - has become my Everest over the last two FMs. Highly impressive with Joe Allen, who respectfully doesn't have the playmaking credentials that Xavi, Fabregas or a Pirlo would have - highly impressive!

Swansea City 5 - 0 Fulham

SwanseavFulhamInformation_Overview.png?t=1326865462SwanseavFulhamAnalysis_Analysis.png?t=1326865796

Double post I know, but this was probably the most satisfying matched I've managed on FM in a while, so thought I'd upload while it's hot of the bat. I watch the games with the classic 2D still, so seeing the ball being pinged around the pitch like a pinball machine was brilliant. Britton, Allen and Glyfi are fast becoming my Xavi, Iniesta and Messi. It may not be the most defensively sound midfield trio, but the ability they are showing in keeping the ball in all situations is brilliant.

Fulham not managing to take a shot at my goal was another testament to how far I kept them away from my goal for pretty much all of the game. Seeing Joe Allen's passing figures so far below Britton and Glyfi sees me inclined to replicate Allen's set up with what I have Britton doing. Danny Graham is playing a deep lying support role for me, and is doing fantastic; he often drops deeper than Glyfi when he has the ball, into a AMC position and just plays the ball back into the midfield for them to probe again. Played this game considerably narrower than usual, which saw my Full backs take up the usual Wingers space, and the wingers tuck in as true Inside Forwards, and they all had good games; even young Morrison when he came on. Can't wait for January to bed in some of the new signings; although they will have to wait their merry time, as these guys are doing me a great job.

@ReggaeBwoy - I believe you are right in what you are saying, but this is how it is replicated within FM. Playing with a 'slow-tempo' doesn't mean that they aren't moving the ball with conviction, it means that the team will take a slower and ore considered approach in moving the ball forward. To implement the 'quick tempo', you would look to shorten the time wasting allowed. This should see the ball zipped around nice and quick, whilst maintaining the conservative approach play. In regard to looking to stretch the play, I believe this is done with the full backs hugging the touchline and offering the width; by doing this you can always have an outlet, therefore you should see that you do 'stretch' the play. But if you were to look at the relative proximity of the players, especially the midfield trio, they are all very close together, allowing them to make triangles within their passing - and this is done by playing with a narrower width.

The game after the 5-0 win against Fulham, I was up 4-0 away at Newcastle; only for my laptop to shut down the very moment Glyfi fired in a free kick to make it 5-0 :@ Luckly I now have weekly rolling saves, so didn't lose the Fulham result; but ended up drawing the replayed Newcastle game 1-1. Just lost 2-1 to Everton away in a game that I ended with 69% possesion - winning goal saw me leave no defenders back for a throw in, they hoofed it over and Vorm never came out to clear, for Anichebe to win the game.

Solid work there Tom :thup:.

Just like Swansea's form in real life. Doing well at home and not so well away.

Gylfi Sigurdsson :cool:.

Thanks, yeah Gylfi is awesome! Didn't want to make any drastic transfers first window, but seeing as he's moved their for end of season I think that gave me a pass.

Some tricky away fixtures though, Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool. Think my away form should even out over the course of the season, was naive in those fixtures and didn't really amend my tactics according to the quality I was facing.

• SI Staff

Our Swansea researcher has told us that he is unable to provide his research for the January update. If you are a regular at the Liberty Stadium and understand how the data works in FM, please drop me a Private Message here and we'll discuss you doing the research in the next couple of weeks.

@tommonufc

Cool mate. Good result and review as well, and I see you playing with lot of passing.

Yeah sure about Joe Allen, I make him looks free-role. Using 4-2-3-1, with 2 MC and 1 AMC, Allen position at MC and will switch with AMC, so he get more distance to moving around on the field but still keeping the midfield shape. So you'll see Allen as the higher mobility at my game, he will act like DLP, and sometimes he will more advanced when he switch with AMC. His behaviour help me to get a lot pass also (play short simple pass).

But with crap stamina attribute, always struggling in last 65 minutes.

One question tom, are you using FB or WB ?

@tommonufc

Cool mate. Good result and review as well, and I see you playing with lot of passing.

Yeah sure about Joe Allen, I make him looks free-role. Using 4-2-3-1, with 2 MC and 1 AMC, Allen position at MC and will switch with AMC, so he get more distance to moving around on the field but still keeping the midfield shape. So you'll see Allen as the higher mobility at my game, he will act like DLP, and sometimes he will more advanced when he switch with AMC. His behaviour help me to get a lot pass also (play short simple pass).

But with crap stamina attribute, always struggling in last 65 minutes.

One question tom, are you using FB or WB ?

Against strong teams away I have FB defend. Strong teams at home I would have WB support, and teams were I expect to have lots of possession I would have them as Wing Back attack. Just signed the 18 year old Romario on loan for 12 months, quite excited to see how he gets on.

Just managed to get Joe Allen to make 100+ completed passes, first time I've ever got anyone to do this. May not be that much of a achievement in the grand scheme of things, or either that important; but quite a milestone for me!

i would love to see how you lads are getting these sort of passing results? ive never got anywhere near this sort of play

Can't speak for muhammadrizka, but I'm building the tactic from the classic system instead of the tactics creator; I find that it is giving me a lot more control in what I want my team to do. I may post up tactical instructions later this evening for people to have a look at once I have ironed out a few creases - it seems I am creating too many chances, which is leaving me exposed at the back I feel. Watch this space.. Finding this Swansea experiment much more exiting than similar pursuits with Barcelona.

Im looking to start a swansea save aswell, would you play a quick or slow tempo & would your focus passing be through the middle or down the flanks

Short answer to that I believe would be to look to play a slower tempo, but not snails pace; and play through the middle. Have a read around some of the Possesion based articles within the Tactics thread, and you won't go far wrong.

Any other questions I'd be happy to help.

Short answer to that I believe would be to look to play a slower tempo, but not snails pace; and play through the middle. Have a read around some of the Possesion based articles within the Tactics thread, and you won't go far wrong.

Any other questions I'd be happy to help.

Cheers mate hows Danny Graham on the game is he any good?

Cheers mate hows Danny Graham on the game is he any good?

I've found him to be hit and miss on the whole, but that can be determined to a spell out of the side of late, and tactical and system inconsistency. When my side is playing and creating chances, as it did earlier this season, he shows to be a very capable striker. He lacks pace, but that is made up outwide in the shape of Sinclair and Dyer. He's strong, with a excellent work rate; therefore he has the ability to lead the line on his own I feel. As well as that he has three excellent stats, that any poacher would need - finishing, off the ball, and composure. Therefore, like I say, when my team has been playing well and creating chances, he has played well, although he has 7 in 23(3) so far this season. Don't read to much in to that, because, as a team I haven't scored many goals. Next season will be where he hopefully comes through, with the introduction of a little more quality within my midfield, to help out Glyfi out and offer more creativity. I have plans, and forsee him being deadly within the six yard box, so If you were able to get Sinclair and Dyer firing, and delivering crosses into him from the byline he could bag a fair few goals for you I recon. Therefore I think it is important that you look to have his 'wing play' set to 'normal', this will avoid him wondering out into the challens, where his lack of pace, dribbling and creativity can be exposed.

I've looked to use him as a deep-lying forward, in a more supportive role; seeing him drop deep and link up with Glyfi - when he was doing that well it was the in form patch of his season. I now Jelle Vossen from Genk in my side, and have been rotating the two since January; Vossen I see to be in a similar mold to Graham, in so much as he's got excellent stats for a poacher, and the ability to work for the team. Graham has the edge over Vossen in so much as he's that bit stockier and stronger, but Vossen shows the right stats in my opinion to have could link up play with the players around him - a Michael Owen type of player.

Slightly detracted away from Danny Graham there, but I think he's a solid player.

Been going through a rough patch in form in the run in to the end of the season, a run of ten games without a win saw me drop into the bottom half of the table and away from any hopes of a European push. Alas, that ended with a work man like 2-1 win over Newcastle at the Liberty, followed by a unjust 1-1 away draw at QPR, then a 6-0 thumping of Blackburn came out of the blue. Within the games I'm learning to tweak certain tactical instructions according to what I'm seeing, due to me using classic mode I can't use touchline shouts; anyway I think I hit a sweet spot in this game.

Swansea City 6 - 0 Blackburn Rovers - Glyfi = crazzzzy skills. 3 Assists, 2 Goals.

SwanseavBlackburnInformation_Overview.png?t=1326943118

SwanseavBlackburnStats_MatchStats.png?t=1326943327

Lineker esque. poaching skills from Vossen. Made 9 passes all game, but still scored twice. I seem to have distributed the ball retention throughout the side, instead of just one guy having 100+ passes, there are a few with 50-70.

SwanseavBlackburnAnalysis_Analysis.png

Passing Stats

Just looked at the passing stats for the Premier League, no surprises that Joe Allen tops the billing with 90%. Leon Britton is joint second with Michael Carrick on 89%! Glyfi finds himself fourth in the table for Key Passes with a nice 33; David Silva tops with 39. Leon Britton is sixth in that list with 30, same number as Luka Modric. Quite remarkable when you compare the technical abilities that these guys have to the likes of David Silva and Modric; same goes in real life.

Now just to finish the remaining four games of the season of like this and I should climb back into top half.

Hi lads, i'm creating my own DB, and was going to give some hikes to certain players. This is not for my Swansea save, which i will start post patch, but was just wondering what people thought were realistic adjustments for Vorm, Allen, Britton, Dyer and Taylor? Want to get their AI playing a little better.

Against strong teams away I have FB defend. Strong teams at home I would have WB support, and teams were I expect to have lots of possession I would have them as Wing Back attack. Just signed the 18 year old Romario on loan for 12 months, quite excited to see how he gets on.

Just managed to get Joe Allen to make 100+ completed passes, first time I've ever got anyone to do this. May not be that much of a achievement in the grand scheme of things, or either that important; but quite a milestone for me!

Ah right. I'm using with WB also, after match against Arsenal IRL, both of the WB really really ****in stunning you know. Going forward and pushing attacking position.

And they pressing setup is the best at that match.

Cheers for your Allen mate, are you pick him as a playmaker?

i would love to see how you lads are getting these sort of passing results? ive never got anywhere near this sort of play

Guest what, I have same way with tommonufc. I'm using classic mode also. Very little RWB allowed. Play short pass and through middle.

I'll post my TI and Allen PI as well later.

Hi lads, i'm creating my own DB, and was going to give some hikes to certain players. This is not for my Swansea save, which i will start post patch, but was just wondering what people thought were realistic adjustments for Vorm, Allen, Britton, Dyer and Taylor? Want to get their AI playing a little better.

Vorm was great with his attribute at the game.

Maybe Allen must be improve at his stamina and tehnique, and Britton of course as 'the best passer in europe', more passing & composure.

Cheers.

This great thread has made me load up a game with the Swans! :) i will keep you updated!

After loading it up i have decided to go with a similar style to how they play irl, like a lot of you have.

I have brought in:

Jack Collinson - West ham - £4.7m

Tiers Evers - De Grafschaap - £3m

Ezequiel - Real Betis - Loan

And i've let go:

David Cotterill - Leicester - £1.5m

Andrea Orlandi - Brescia - £1m

Mark Gower - Southampton - £725k

Stephen Dobbie - Ipswich - Loan

I am just moving in to august now, gearing up for my 1st league game of the season. My aim is to avoid relegation, but play good football at the same time.

I want to keep posting to let you know how i am doing, but being technically inept with computers, i don't even know how to post screenshots, so could someone explain. Thanks :)

Oh and any feedback would be great :thup:

to take a screenshot... when in game... press Alt+F9 .. it'll save a screenshot in your Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\screenshots folder

go to a site like imageshack.us and upload your screenie on there... once you've done that , it'll give you a link to post here and voila... screenshot

like the collison buy.. he's way too good for the championship and a good welsh lad to boot ;) .. will definately add some quality to your midfield

the evers buy was expensive.. have you had experience with him before? he doesnt look like a 3million pound cb to me yet...

what formation etc you thinking of going with?

to take a screenshot... when in game... press Alt+F9 .. it'll save a screenshot in your Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\screenshots folder

go to a site like imageshack.us and upload your screenie on there... once you've done that , it'll give you a link to post here and voila... screenshot

like the collison buy.. he's way too good for the championship and a good welsh lad to boot ;) .. will definately add some quality to your midfield

the evers buy was expensive.. have you had experience with him before? he doesnt look like a 3million pound cb to me yet...

what formation etc you thinking of going with?

Hey mate, thanks for the advice, hopefully this screenshot of Evers will work below...

http://imageshack.us/f/545/tieseversoverviewattrib.png/

I brought him in for £m over 48 months, hoping that by the time i have completed paying for him, he would have already paid me back with good service. In every game i load i like to try and buy some different players instead of the usual suspects, this kid his young with good starting attributes for a 20 year old defender, aswell as possessing good passing and technique abilities. Im going to try and make him in to a Daniel Agger (best cb in the world ;) ) style defender to play alongside the more solid ashley williams.

Jack Collison i thought would strengthen my midfield and adds an extra welshman, so thanks for agreeing on that :)

Here is my formation, just beat rapid wien 4-0 in last friendly, got wolves away next in Premiership.

http://imageshack.us/f/718/swanseacitytacticsoverv.png/

hope they both work ^^^

So, what do you think ? :)

oh.. and evers actually looks a lot better on yours than mine... decent buy then ... im the same, dont particularly like buying the same old same old players... try and mix it up a bit :)

im reluctant to start my save until the new patch comes out though.. hopefull the swans will be improved a lot , well... if we get a new researcher on board! ...

Our Swansea researcher has told us that he is unable to provide his research for the January update. If you are a regular at the Liberty Stadium and understand how the data works in FM, please drop me a Private Message here and we'll discuss you doing the research in the next couple of weeks.

If its the same reseacher for the last few yrs he wont be missed,always scores ash williams low fred davies not even at the club alan curtis his not assistant manager.

oh.. and evers actually looks a lot better on yours than mine... decent buy then ... im the same, dont particularly like buying the same old same old players... try and mix it up a bit :)

im reluctant to start my save until the new patch comes out though.. hopefull the swans will be improved a lot , well... if we get a new researcher on board! ...

Yer he does look good :thup:

Yer they do need to be improved big time and i hope they are! Cant wait for the update to see some transfers too like Cisse to Newcastle etc.

I am looking to bring a mixture of young players, some welsh players and the odd1 or 2 experienced players, who you can rely on.

Any advice from your previous swans saves would be appreciated guys :)

I

if you're still in your first window check out the likes of :

tor marius gromstad ( 10k for a commanding young cb)

kara cb/dmc .. world class for pennies

kweuke .. st to bring in some muscle

emil armenteros .. quality lw for cheap

mario holek... some steel in midfield

severo meza .. cb ...150k

mate simao .. nuff said

xandao ..quality cb for 1mil or so .. from sao paulo incase you cant find him

sisi (valladolid) .. brilliant winger for either side

ivan pillud .. argentinian international rb for 1mil or less

tried to pick some off the top of my head that arent the usual suspects...

you mentioned you'd like a few welshmen in there aswell.. some quality ones who will come to you are:

andy king

chris gunter

sam vokes

chris ribeiro

neil eardley

Cheers mate. I've had an indifferent start to the league campaign. A opening day 1-0 defeat away to Wolves was followed by a 1-1 draw at home to Arsenal which was much more pleasing as i restricted them to only 3 attempts in the whole game. The struggle i'm having is scoring myself.

Leon Britton is out for 3 months, so i might look at 1 of those midfielders you have mentioned, apart from Kara as i have bought him many times before. As for the welsh players you have listed, they are all already on my shortlist hahah :p thanks though mate :thup:

never been able to get a work permit for kara in the first season with any tests i have done on swansea, jenssen on the other hand is more similar to real life swansea and you can pick him up quite easily.

should be good fun when the update is out to see what other bargain buys there will be.

I've decided to keep to my idea of bringing welsh players, so i brought in Andy King for £3.9m. Only £500k was upfront, with the other £3.4m being paid in a mix of over 48 monhts, appaearances, goals etc.

A frustrating end to august saw my side go 2-0 up away to wigan and end up drawing the game 2-2. So no wins in 3 league games, but playing well and through to the next round of the league cup, where i have a favourable draw at home to brentford. I'm currently 12th and if i was to finish there i would be delighted so all is not bad.

im playing a 4-3-3 with swansea but im struggling to create any clear goalscoring chances, dont know why im keeping the ball a lot but failing to score. I've scored once in 4 games which tells its own story. Did anyone else have the same problem if so how did they solve it

Just finished the first season in charge of Swansea. As you can see I finished an amicable 12th place. I aimed for a mid table finish, so wasn't too disappointed on the whole. I think next season I should be able to improve upon this position next season quite easily, and will be aiming for a Europa league position. My away form crippled ability to push up the table, so this is will need to be addressed.

2011/12 Final Table

BarclaysPremierLeagueOverview_Stages.png?t=1327008221

Away Form As you can see my away form was truly dreadful, working on tactical amendments to sort this.

BarclaysPremierLeagueOverview_Stages-2.png?t=1327008161

For next season I am looking to bring in a right winger, and probably a Center back. Although I do have Tor Marius Gromstad and Ruben Yttergard, that will effectively become new signings as I forgot to register them for the Premier League when they joined in January 2012. I've already dabbled in the transfer window, and have brought in Dusan Djuric and Daniel Tozser in on free transfers.

DusanDjuricOverview_Profile.png

Should fit in excellently and add some creativty and quality out wide, will probably see Sinclair moved over to the right.

DanielTzsrOverview_Profile.png

Due to a reluctance to break up a working partnership of Leon Britton and Joe Allen, this guy will have to wait his time. But he will be able to take the weight of responsibility of those two, as they played near on every game for me.

im playing a 4-3-3 with swansea but im struggling to create any clear goalscoring chances, dont know why im keeping the ball a lot but failing to score. I've scored once in 4 games which tells its own story. Did anyone else have the same problem if so how did they solve it

How the 2 wide players playing? Like what roles? Inside foward? winger..etc... Maybe change them around a bit. Also what role have you got our main striker as?

Just finished the first season in charge of Swansea. As you can see I finished an amicable 12th place. I aimed for a mid table finish, so wasn't too disappointed on the whole. I think next season I should be able to improve upon this position next season quite easily, and will be aiming for a Europa league position. My away form crippled ability to push up the table, so this is will need to be addressed.

2011/12 Final Table

BarclaysPremierLeagueOverview_Stages.png?t=1327008221

Away Form As you can see my away form was truly dreadful, working on tactical amendments to sort this.

BarclaysPremierLeagueOverview_Stages-2.png?t=1327008161

For next season I am looking to bring in a right winger, and probably a Center back. Although I do have Tor Marius Gromstad and Ruben Yttergard, that will effectively become new signings as I forgot to register them for the Premier League when they joined in January 2012. I've already dabbled in the transfer window, and have brought in Dusan Djuric and Daniel Tozser in on free transfers.

DusanDjuricOverview_Profile.png

Should fit in excellently and add some creativty and quality out wide, will probably see Sinclair moved over to the right.

DanielTzsrOverview_Profile.png

Due to a reluctance to break up a working partnership of Leon Britton and Joe Allen, this guy will have to wait his time. But he will be able to take the weight of responsibility of those two, as they played near on every game for me.

Good season there mate

I was looking at Tozser too, good technically, with good passing, composure and 1st touch attributes.

Away form is something you can work on, but hey if i finish where you did, id be more than pleased

I got both sinclair & dyer as wingers and the main man graham as a target man

I play the 2 wide men as inside fowards, so they cut inside and run at the defence. I play Graham as a deep lying foward so he gets involved in the play a bit more instead of being stranded on his own, i'm not guaranteeing you goals mate, but maybe try having a little jink around with their roles :thup:

I play the 2 wide men as inside fowards, so they cut inside and run at the defence. I play Graham as a deep lying foward so he gets involved in the play a bit more instead of being stranded on his own, i'm not guaranteeing you goals mate, but maybe try having a little jink around with their roles :thup:

Cheers mate I should try that as i've only scored once all season in the league :( but i got chelsea away on the weekend

Good season there mate

I was looking at Tozser too, good technically, with good passing, composure and 1st touch attributes.

Away form is something you can work on, but hey if i finish where you did, id be more than pleased

I brought him in my first season on my Newcastle United save, but he didn't really get the game time. He did alright, but expecting better things from him now he will be given greater control of my midfield. Starting to build a nice squad now I believe, still some business to be done in the defence. Probably a top quality center back if I can get one on what ever budget I am given, and possibly a right back; although Romario has impressed in the half dozen games he played in end of last season. He's still young and only around til end of January, maybe someone like Kyle Walker if I can get him on loan.

keep an eye on walker fella.. he can sometimes be got for as little as 3-4 million after first season... and he'll be top class for 12 years tbh

Got my scouts on him as we speak, hoping I can get him. I brought him for Newcastle, and has been class, cost me a fair bit if I recall. I made a thread on him :D

Been offered Kyle Naughton, but passed at that. Tottenham want rid of Younes Kaboul for £1.7, seeing if I can get him a bit cheaper. Hovering over the three relegated clubs - Newcastle, QPR and Sunderland, to see if I can pick off any of their quality. Mainly from Newcastle, as I know what some of them can do so well. Steven Taylor tops that list, and he is my top, top target this summer, along with Davide Santon. So players I'm looking at;

Steven Taylor, David Santon, Yohan Cabeye, Cheik Tiote, Danny Simpson and Demba Ba - Newcastle

Alejandro Faurlin - QPR

Connor Wickham, Seb Larsson - Sunderland

Younes Kaboul, Kyle Walker - Tottenham

Then a few more Scandanavians like Jonas Svensson and Markus Henriksen, and Kevin De Bryune; seeing as he could be got for well under a million.

Archived