Hotfix needed, Premier League Broken

Does this bug need a hotfix, is it gamebreaking?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Does this bug need a hotfix, is it gamebreaking?

• Yes
    • No

As the game is currently, it is unplayable in a fair way in the Premier League and perhaps some other leagues. The way the current fixtures work it makes it hard for some teams and easy for others.

For example nearly all Everton matches are played after Man Utd matches, so the week after a team have played Man Utd they will play Everton. As Man Utd are possibly the best team in the league, then they win most of these games and Everton are constantly playing teams who are low in morale after a loss. This means that the integrity of the league is ruined and there is no fairness and realism which affects the game in a big way. I have only looked at the premier league fixtures, but this could be the case in other leagues as well which has a big impact on the game. It is also the reason why a lot of managers are doing well with Everton.

I personally cannot start a game with this bug present and hope SI bring out a hotfix for this very soon.

It does happen after the first season although the pairing does change, just about to start the 2014/15 season on my save & a game against Man Utd is followed by a match against Chelsea, 2013/14 was Liverpool followed by Man Utd, 2012/13 it was Man City/Everton & 2011/12 was Chelsea/Liverpool.

Rather sloppy fixture coding but not gamebreaking.

When in control of a team and you look at your next opponents last fixture played, it will more often than not be the same team because of the way the fixtures work. This makes it easier for some and harder for others which makes the league unfair.

Didn't Stu Coleman say in the other thread that it's being looked at? They know about it and i assume they're looking at changing it whenever it's possible?

Not sure why you started this thread :D

because I believe it ruins the integrity of the game and therefore I cannot play so would like it fixed in a hotfix rather than wait until 12.3. because chances are that if they do change it, then the change itself will incur more bugs which will need to be resolved for the final patch and I actually want to play a decent working game by the release of the final patch this year.

Considering it has not been mentioned by anyone else as a problem then it really shouldn't be treated as a must fix now issue, I also saw the bugs forum thread & they said that it would be very difficult to fix the problem without causing major knock-on problems elsewhere.

Not worth the risk as there isn't a community wide outcry for one.

This is something that we are aware of, however any fix is likely to be too dangerous to include in an Update but will be something that we will look at for any future version.

No FM12 for me then, got to wait until FM13 then :( oh well... back to FIFA

its not just a premier league issue. Its in every league, its a bug with how the fixtures are generated.

It may not be gamebreaking for some people and I respect that. But to me, the fact that some teams are naturally going to better than others just because of the fixtures is a pretty big issue that influences results and for that reason I simply cant enjoy the game.

Are you kidding us?

This is how match schedules work irl.

No its not, You dont play the same pattern of teams in the second half of the season as you do in the first half. Look at a real fixture list and then one on FM. IRL Everton are playing Bolton in 2 days and they only played Bolton about 3-4 weeks ago, Leeds have just played Barnsley twice in the space of a month, the pattern changes in the second half to the first half. On FM you will play teams more or less in the same order in the first half of the season as the second.

then the game is broken and will remain so until a later release and it will be more bugs on the new one as well. They bring out new features and ruin something else. Just fix the game as it is SI! stop bringing out new features that have knock on effects that ruin the game. I've always been full of praise for SI games but I think they are starting to fall behind the times, they need to sign up with a big name like FIFA to expand the staff so that there are less bugs and the game can grow. Its just become a predictable database full of bugs.

No its not, You dont play the same pattern of teams in the second half of the season as you do in the first half. Look at a real fixture list and then one on FM. IRL Everton are playing Bolton in 2 days and they only played Bolton about 3-4 weeks ago, Leeds have just played Barnsley twice in the space of a month, the pattern changes in the second half to the first half. On FM you will play teams more or less in the same order in the first half of the season as the second.

That's because of HUMAN intervention. NOT a computer program.

Now if you want someone from SI to nip round your house and manipulate your fixtures for you at the start of every season you play..... ;)

then the game is broken and will remain so until a later release and it will be more bugs on the new one as well. They bring out new features and ruin something else. Just fix the game as it is SI! stop bringing out new features that have knock on effects that ruin the game. I've always been full of praise for SI games but I think they are starting to fall behind the times, they need to sign up with a big name like FIFA to expand the staff so that there are less bugs and the game can grow. Its just become a predictable database full of bugs.

No thank you. SI need to stay as far away from EA as possible! :lol:

No thank you. SI need to stay as far away from EA as possible! :lol:

This is truth. As for FIFA, does that not still have the bug where fixtures in the second half of the season are literally identical to the first? FIFA and EA are the last things you'd want to make reference to in an issue like this :p

This is truth.

EA would be great for SI Games, you would keep the same developers of football manager, but with the name FIFA you have no restrictions on licensing. The funding from EA would be much better than SEGA, so we would get a better finished product and they might even eventually work with one of the FIFA games, so you would actually see the players as you do in a FIFA game but they would be playing in a way that they do in the Football manager match engine. That would be mental.

EA would be great for SI Games, you would keep the same developers of football manager, but with the name FIFA you have no restrictions on licensing. The funding from EA would be much better than SEGA, so we would get a better finished product and they might even eventually work with one of the FIFA games, so you would actually see the players as you do in a FIFA game but they would be playing in a way that they do in the Football manager match engine. That would be mental.

EA would interfere with the game a lot more than SEGA do. They'd probably want SI to make a game like FIFA Manager.

No. I've been a fan of EA's NHL games, though I passed on this year's version. NHL12 is on pace to sell over 1 million copies, yet EA has limited the devs to releasing 2 patches over the course of the game, despite glaring flaws such as players being able to dive and knock the puck out of the goalie's glove and score a goal. How many patches have SI released for FM12 already?

because I believe it ruins the integrity of the game and therefore I cannot play so would like it fixed in a hotfix rather than wait until 12.3. because chances are that if they do change it, then the change itself will incur more bugs which will need to be resolved for the final patch and I actually want to play a decent working game by the release of the final patch this year.

If you calmed down and stopped being so sensationalist for a minute, you'd see the error in your impatience.

If this 'bug' is as 'game-breaking' as you say, then can you not see that releasing a quickfix with little time for testing and spotting any possible knock-on effects of the fix, isn't the best approach? You already mentioned this yourself though...

They're aware of it, if they deem it necessary, they'll look into fixing it.

And lets be honest, you're not going to stop playing FM12 ;)

EA would interfere with the game a lot more than SEGA do. They'd probably want SI to make a game like FIFA Manager.
I also thought that SEGA own the rights to the game code & database, sure I read somewhere that they didn't want to end up in the same position as Eidos so they made sure that if SI walked away they would leave with nothing.

Would also add that EA Sports are the spawn of Satan. :D

I also thought that SEGA own the rights to the game code & database, sure I read somewhere that they didn't want to end up in the same position as Eidos so they made sure that if SI walked away they would leave with nothing.

Would also add that EA Sports are the spawn of Satan. :D

No SI own the rights to the code and database and Sega are the publishers I thought.

Not an issue on my game - Everton fixtures nearly always did follow the same route Man Utd's did but they came 8th first season and were never in the race for top 4. They finished 32 points behind 4th place, which was utd, in the end.

I'll see what happens in 2nd season.

beyond me why this thread was started in the 1st place. You have to play the teams twice eventually, who cares when you play them, atleast you haven't got 4 games in a week. Now that would be a cause to complain about

I've noticed Everton have never finished outside the top 4 in all of my 3 saves over the past 2 months.

First season of the EPL just finished in my game. Moyes was on the hot seat constantly as Everton hung around 15th or so, but managed to finish 10th in the league (52pts.) and lost on PKs to Tottenham in the FA Cup final. At least they can look forward to Europa League...

i had an interesting bunch near the end of my second united season

me and spurs battling for title

key games being

chelsea, arsenal and liverpool, we both played those 3 teams, when i played one, spurs got another, and so on.

problem i have is cup games are drawing the same teams.

east stirlingshire save.

league cup round 2 = spl team (first time kilmarnock, second time dunfermline)

league cup round 3 = RANGERS

my united save has given me stevenage in the FA cup.. twice in 3 seasons

i have played a total of 5 differant teams in the champions league knockouts in 2 seasons

OM barcalona and real madrid in both seasons

I would suggest that SI set up the fixtures this way because it is the easiest way to program it. A more random set of fixtures would be much harder to do and more likely to lead to bugs or maybe even no fixtures generated at all. It's the same as you often get local derbies on the opening round of matches on the game but not in real life, its too hard to program to avoid it.

Oh my - I often feel like I bought a beta.... So many non-essential (but annoying) errors, and now this....

Guess I'm getting to old and demanding for this game :) (I think CM2 was my first version of it):

I would suggest that SI set up the fixtures this way because it is the easiest way to program it. A more random set of fixtures would be much harder to do and more likely to lead to bugs or maybe even no fixtures generated at all. It's the same as you often get local derbies on the opening round of matches on the game but not in real life, its too hard to program to avoid it.

Exactly. It takes the bloke who does the fixtures for PL --> L2 about 4 months to get it all right.

well i still think they should change the cup games. when playing as lower league teams, encountering teams 2+ divisions early on is a nightmare, i won the LCC as east stirling after beating nearly the entire SD1, the second season i get t 2nd round and get knocked out.... by SD1 and got like £258 for my trouble. which when trying to progress and build up is a useless sum. and scotish league cup has taken a similar path as previous season as stated.

i have no problems being knocked out of these cups by big teams and like the challange it presents. i think in 2 seasons on my east stirling i have faced SD3 3 times in cups. zero none league and only a couple of SD2. 2 SPL (and rangers twice) rest SD1. i would expect a better balance (LCC should stack it more towards league teams which it has as i have faced SD1 in every round i have played bar round 1 in my 2nd season)

and everton are 2nd in the PL on my blackpool save, but they are not following united.

even more amazing.. doncaster are hanging around the play offs. granted it is early but.

Let me sum up : IRL, each football association takes about 3 or 4 weeks to release fixtures lists for each league, and you would like a computer program to be able to generate a realist, totally random, fixture list in ~30s ?

Can't say I've noticed an issue myself. Just about to start the 17/18 season and the EPL top 4 have been:

11/12 - Man Utd, Spurs, Arsenal, Man City

12/13 - Man Utd, Arsenal, Man City, Chelsea

13/14 - Man Utd, Arsenal, Man City, Spurs

14/15 - Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool

15/16 - Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd

16/17 - Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd, Aston Villa

Fulham did finish 5th in 12/13, but I think that was more to do with the fact they spent £42m in pre-season. Everton have finished 16th, 10th, 9th, 7th, 9th and 8th.

Archived