postman123

cannot get steam activation to work

19 posts in this topic

i have already activated fm though another e mail account which i no longer use i cannot remember the password for this account, i need to know how toget it to work

Does your email have a 'forgotten your password?' type link?

it is an old email from my ex, she wont let me get into it, when i try to activate the game through steam its saying its already activated through my old e mail

If it is already activated, why do you need to do it again?

Or are you trying to activate the same product key on a different Steam account?

Your copy of FM will be linked to your other Steam account then, you can't activate the same copy of FM on more than one Steam account for obvious reasons.

I think your only two options are to regain access to your previous Steam account or to buy another copy of FM.

You can email steam but you will need the account details before they will do anything, you will need at least the email add and username.

remember its the 1st today, i would highly doubt anyone will be working today.

Is there no way at all of you accessing your old account? If you have the email add you could change the password for that and give your ex the details after, that way you can get back into your steam account and then set it to a new email address to avoid this happening again.

right i now managed to get my old account up, but i try installing fm type product key in it still says its activated elsewhere

you dont need to put your key back in, when you load up steam FM will be in the games library, you will just need to re-install through there.