Manager reputation not functioning properly anymore

It’s the first time in my FM career (Playing since 99/00) that I really need to admit that something is really broken.

I’m talking about the manager reputation. I started with a Sunday league Rep in the Belgian Third division for the worst team (ATH). After the famous “difficulty patch”, my whole empire started to crumble. The first season I was 7th in the league and the second season(with the new patch) I finished 13th with a better team. After many hours of research I found the reason for my underachieving squad.

If you go to match reports, you can see that practically my whole squad is saying that:

X is struggling to find the motivation to play when his manager has such a low reputation in the game

X Appears to have some problems to motivates himself to play for you

Even players that had no problems the year before, changed their mind somehow.

I’m now in my third season and the first season I’ve won Manager of the year, I was predicted 18th and finished 7th. Last year I was predicted 15th and I finished 13th. Shouldn’t I’ve won a little bit of credit by now. Even players with normal characters are still having motivation issues.

Is this staying like this forever, or does this fades away in time if I continue to overachieve? I can’t believe that players where this hostile with Mourinho, André Villas Boas and Francky Dury after they had proven to be outstanding managers.

PS:

Please note that my reputation has gone from local to national and I’m still having these issues.

Judging from the reputation bar( the only visual display that we have) in our manager profile, my reputation improved drastically. I'm very afraid that they will never respect me even if I win the Champions league with this team, just because I inserted Sunday league footballer before this patch.

I just hope that this isn’t hardcoded!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would you expect current pro footballers (at any level) to have utmost respect for someone who never made it to semi-pro level, let alone full professional? IMO Sunday League reputation is now as low as it correctly should be. You are at the bottom of a very long ladder my friend. Climb the rungs and see how far you can go.

A "better team" seems to suggest you brought in a few new players?

- If you've brought in any more than 4 first team players for the new season, your squad seems to take ages to gel which might explain the season result more than reputation;

- Any players you brought in would most likely have a higher reputation than those already in your squad, considering how poor the team's reputation is; and,

- You have to factor in the fact that your players from the first season have had their reputations also improved by finishing so far above expectations. Maybe.

Would you expect current pro footballers (at any level) to have utmost respect for someone who never made it to semi-pro level, let alone full professional? IMO Sunday League reputation is now as low as it correctly should be. You are at the bottom of a very long ladder my friend. Climb the rungs and see how far you can go.

Thank you for your insight on this issue, but the problem is that all my players are on amateur contracts.

I don't believe that they need to worship me like in the previous patch, but somebody who has won manager of the year should at least have gained a little bit of respect?

Being unmotivated to play is a step too far, I think that indifference would be sufficient in my case. I’m not a rookie anymore.

A "better team" seems to suggest you brought in a few new players?

- If you've brought in any more than 4 first team players for the new season, your squad seems to take ages to gel which might explain the season result more than reputation;

- Any players you brought in would most likely have a higher reputation than those already in your squad, considering how poor the team's reputation is; and,

- You have to factor in the fact that your players from the first season have had their reputations also improved by finishing so far above expectations. Maybe.

I have thought the same thing, the main issue is that all of my players leave after six months or after a season (Amateur contract), except the players who are underperforming (even they have this motivation issue). There is only one player who is still there from the first season and he has no respect for me anymore after the new patch.

Two word for ya, Eli Guttman. Never been a pro footballer and today considered to be the best Israeli manager and a few days ago he started to manage the Israeli national team

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eli_Guttman

http://www.uefa.com/news/newsid=940260.html

Yeh, but he wasn't that respected instantly, he had to work for it, and has been a manager since 1985

Pikeal says that the OP has to climb the ladder, just as Guttman has

Your argument is invalid

I can't agree with you, my reputation bar is on the same level as when I should start with the team with the highest reputation in the 2nd division. So according to everybody in the game I have already proven myself (The board, the Jury that has made me Manager of the year, outperforming the predictions and even our visual display( the reputation bar) except for my players.

Even the two star benchwarmer has these issues with me. 95 percent of my players is unmotivated because I have a Sunday league rep.

I'm getting quite sure that this is hardcoded, and will never go away, as my own reputation has already surpassed the club's reputation, and several player reputations.

Yeh, but he wasn't that respected instantly, he had to work for it, and has been a manager since 1985

Pikeal says that the OP has to climb the ladder, just as Guttman has

Your argument is invalid

Ok, another one:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_Luzon

Played for a pro team 3 years(age 18-21), wasn't that great and got to manage the same team at 26 cause his older brother is the owner and got MAD respect from the players.

Just like Guttman he's one of the best israeli managers today managing the Israel U-21 team.

The issue is with FM, not real life.

I have managed Roma for two and a half seasons now, and have still not won a competition. I took the team into Champions League after finishing second the second season(which is above both media predictions and minimum requirements). Now we go into matches the third season with the whole squad being nervous, complacent or uninterested and there is very little response to my team talks.

It is not that we don't win matches as I am unbeaten in October still. It just bothers me that I started off with Regional reputation when I chose Automatic (should be average for Serie A, which is certainly not Regional) and now having National reputation and excellent squad harmony I am still not treated with respect by any player in the squad.

I have no idea why the team is so nervous.

The issue is with FM, not real life.

I have managed Roma for two and a half seasons now, and have still not won a competition. I took the team into Champions League after finishing second the second season(which is above both media predictions and minimum requirements). Now we go into matches the third season with the whole squad being nervous, complacent or uninterested and there is very little response to my team talks.

It is not that we don't win matches as I am unbeaten in October still. It just bothers me that I started off with Regional reputation when I chose Automatic (should be average for Serie A, which is certainly not Regional) and now having National reputation and excellent squad harmony I am still not treated with respect by any player in the squad.

I have no idea why the team is so nervous.

I have an idea why the team is so nervous, it's because the most important factor in the game (motivation) is artificially manipulated due to a starting reputation bug. You need to check the individual match reports for your players. I will post some screens this evening to support my claim.

It sounds like something is wrong here indeed :(

After having achieved a national repuation (no matter in which way) you should not be treated as a complete noob as before, especially considering that your players will probably have an even lower reputation.

Maybe worth posting in the bugs forum.

I think Fabioke has a point!

Since the patch motivation has been a bit of a nightmare. I have no idea how to make my players happy. I praise them when they do well & only give them a real bol***king when they screw-up badly at home. The best player after every game gets a personal plaudit from me.

I am currently manager of Foggia, top of the league (where they were expected to be) and playing well. Have only a few of my players with greenish tabs. All of the others are de-motivated. I say to myself "Who cares, they are playing OK" but this issue rankles with me.

BTW Fabioke, you should start all your games as a pro-footballer, otherwise this motivation thing will grind you down; also when if you ever go unempoyed you might as well pack that game in as you will be unemployed for 2 seasons minimum.

It sounds like something is wrong here indeed :(

After having achieved a national repuation (no matter in which way) you should not be treated as a complete noob as before, especially considering that your players will probably have an even lower reputation.

Maybe worth posting in the bugs forum.

I'm going to take your advice on this one, I have always heard that SI was a company that was known for listening to their community and after more than 10 years I’m going to find out if this is actually true.

I think Fabioke has a point!

Since the patch motivation has been a bit of a nightmare. I have no idea how to make my players happy. I praise them when they do well & only give them a real bol***king when they screw-up badly at home. The best player after every game gets a personal plaudit from me.

I am currently manager of Foggia, top of the league (where they were expected to be) and playing well. Have only a few of my players with greenish tabs. All of the others are de-motivated. I say to myself "Who cares, they are playing OK" but this issue rankles with me.

BTW Fabioke, you should start all your games as a pro-footballer, otherwise this motivation thing will grind you down; also when if you ever go unempoyed you might as well pack that game in as you will be unemployed for 2 seasons minimum.

The problem is that I'm not a Professional footballer (Neither was Mourinho, André Villas Boas, Francky Dury and the examples listed above), I can't rollback to the previous patch (steam) or change my previous experience.

I have invested 102 hours in this save game, the Demo was fine except for a few minor bugs, and I have played one season without this bug and one with this bug, the difference is just mind-blowing.

Motivation is very important for your team performance and the thought that previous experience outweighs the reputation bar is just shocking.

Have you try to check your reputation with FMRTE or FM Genie Scout?

For example, i'm managing Benfica, first season.

Benfica reputation is, atm,

, according to FM Genie Scout.

My reputation is:

Home: 5523

Current: 5468

World: 2847

My reputation in FM is national, with the bar almost full (i suspect that it will change to Continental if i win the league)

I'm fidding very hard to motivate my players, because my reputation is very low when compare to the team reputation. It will take 2 or years for my reputation to rise to a level similar to Benfica reputation, so... untill then... it will be difficult to motivate players.

@Soze My current reputation (Not bad for a club in the Belgian Third division predicted 15th!):

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/12/currentrep.jpg/]currentrep.jpg[/url]

I did a small test, I retired from the Football world and created a new manager with a Sunday League Rep:

reputationtestnewmanage.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Conclusion: Even though my reputation has increased drastically, it's still not enough for 95 procent of my squad including the worst players in my team and youngsters.

PS: I have created a thread in the bugs forum http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/294277-Manager-reputation-not-functioning-properly-anymore

I started out as sunday league manager and unemployed. Got a job with a russian first division team and my rep was showing as "national" then i quit that job few months later and was back to "local". I don't understand this flop of reputation. I think it should be more consistent.

• SI Staff

Is there any save game or pkms for the original post?

My feeling is that the world reputations of players in Belgian Div 3 should be low enough for this to be a relatively minor factor.......

Is there any save game or pkms for the original post?

My feeling is that the world reputations of players in Belgian Div 3 should be low enough for this to be a relatively minor factor.......

Dear Paul, I will try to upload the save game this evening on your FTP if you want?

I'm currently at work. Thanks a lot for your reply!

• SI Staff
Dear Paul, I will try to upload the save game this evening on your FTP if you want?

I'm currently at work. Thanks a lot for your reply!

Thanks! Post in here when its up there......

Paul, I have failed to upload my savegame, I have tried numerous time with the windows key + E and through filezilla I had the same thing.

Below you will find a screenshot from filezilla.

problemtouploadfile.png

Please note that your colleague Lucas Weatherby has also requested my savegame in this thread :

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/294277-Manager-reputation-not-functioning-properly-anymore

And this is what it says if I use the windows key + E

windowskeye.png

After many attempts I finally made it! It's like the tactics in FM, sometimes it just works.

The file is called "Fabioke Reputation Bug ATH2" 110 MB, you can delete all the other files which I tried to upload...

In the meanwhile I have tried to attract more players to have a much clearer view:

scarpino2star.png

sadly, the game only recognize and boost human manager rep through silverware won in high rep league. respectable position in league, promotion or giant beating only have little use in FM world. it's been a problem forever.

gigi simoni, cuper, ranieri, allegri or even guardiola won't be a top manager in first place according to FM logic.

I had some trouble with this but I think I managed to resolve the problem of my players not being able to motivate themselves for me by building up a relationship with my players. When I'm on their favoured personnel list lack of motivation doesn't seem to be an issue as far as I can recall. Making it onto their favoured personnel list is a whole lot harder than last year where it could easily be attained by praising their match performance, now it seems you have to fall out with your players and then make up with 'em to build up your relationship quicker.

• 2 weeks later...
After many attempts I finally made it! It's like the tactics in FM, sometimes it just works.

The file is called "Fabioke Reputation Bug ATH2" 110 MB, you can delete all the other files which I tried to upload...

In the meanwhile I have tried to attract more players to have a much clearer view:

scarpino2star.png

Any news yet?

• 2 months later...

Ok,this is a bit stupid.

I've started my new save with "automatic" rep and since I started on the second division of sweden,I guess that the automatic rep must have been either sunday or semi-pro. In either case,everything was so hard to do,the boardroom would never agree with,players wouldn't get motivated for anything.

After 4 years of overachieving and having a firm place in the First Division Elite,the boardroom would deny having a feeder club every single time,even though I was one of their favourite personel,etc.

Then I decided to try something. I made a new manager with professional status. And the very first day of being at the office the boardroom agrees on having a feeder club without even any need of further convincing.

The reputation system as it is seems a bit nuts...I'm now expecting to see what effect it will have on motivating.

guardiola won't be a top manager in first place according to FM logic.

Errr, why exactly? You do know he had a playing career right? Played in the 'Dream Team' under Johann Cruyff? 47 caps for Spain? So surely he'd have international player as a rep-therefore, no problem.

Errr, why exactly? You do know he had a playing career right? Played in the 'Dream Team' under Johann Cruyff? 47 caps for Spain? So surely he'd have international player as a rep-therefore, no problem.

José Mourinho is a better example. Or André Villas-Boas.

José Mourinho is a better example. Or André Villas-Boas.

José Mourinho and surely André Villas Boas obtained an instant respect, André-Villas Boas career went vertically.

Acadamica de Coimbra 2009

Porto 2010

Chelsea 2011

AVB compensated his lack of professional experience with other skills. But sadly in FM, you can't replicate these beautiful careers. I feel that FM 2012 has shattered my Illusion that I could be like them in this virtual world (my ambition was even lower).

Because honestly that's how I saw the game: What happens if you put an intelligent football addict in charge, instead of a professional football player (When I load my FM save, I still hear this commercial

and I have adopted the What if commercial from Skybet for special occasions)

gigi simoni, cuper, ranieri, allegri or even guardiola won't be a top manager in first place according to FM logic.

To be fair, every one of those men were accomplished professionals.

Mourinho on the other hand, even he was playing in the Portuguese second tier. And he was still at Rio Ave when they made it to the first division, regardless whether or not he played any games at the top level.

Andre Villas-Boas, whilst being the closest example, basically reinforces FM logic. He's a very smart manager, but he got no respect at Chelsea. FM correctly predicted he'd get the sack. He doesn't have high enough reputation, which is why in game he always got the sack then moved around mid-table Prem teams and abroad. From a reputation standpoint, he wasn't ready from Chelsea.

But back to the issue, I do think there should be more substantial gains in manager reputation for exceeding expectations.

So can you eventually build yourself into a respected manager with sunday league experience? or would it be best to start with a professional background to overcome this?

I started with a sunday league rep with shrewsbury and you eventuallly get the respect of your players(i think it took me getting to the championship first can no longer remember) it can be frustrating while building up the rep though, specially with loaned players that will constantly not listen to you.

So if you want a easier time in terms of motivating the team pick a higher reputation, if you want it to be a little more challenging start with Sunday League.

Not sure about this patch as I have started a new game but previous patch I got promoted to the EPL then went something like 5th, 5th, 6th, 6th, 8th, 6th and was 4th in my last season and players STILL found it difficult to get motivated. I was told the issue was that I never won any silverware. Im mean how many respected Managers IRL win things on a regular basis?! This patch I started again as Sunday League Manager, because that's what I am!! Was bubbling along quite nicely and then lost one which became no wins in 6 and players are on the floor and I can't motivate them.

So whats the best option when starting a new game with all leagues loaded if the reputation is broken?

Professional or International,with pro being more of the "normal" difficulty.

Semi-pro should be around "hard" and sunday league as it seems now is more of a "insane" difficulty curve.

Personally I'm seeing a really big change from sunday to professional. For the first time I see some team talks actually producing good results. I never had a good result on "expect a win" so far.

The big question is the following, is this issue static or dynamic? Will the message (X is struggling to find the motivation to play when his manager has such a low reputation in the game) ever go away? Or is this imposed, unwanted gamebreaking difficulty level a perpetual burden.

André never had these issues in Porto or his first club. His failure at Chelsea was more complex then a low starting rep. He took a gamble to leave icons on the bench and replaced them with younger players, they could not live up to their expectations and the rest is history. If these players were capable to compete for the title he would be an even bigger phenomenon then Mourinho.

Andre Villas-Boas, whilst being the closest example, basically reinforces FM logic. He's a very smart manager, but he got no respect at Chelsea. FM correctly predicted he'd get the sack. He doesn't have high enough reputation, which is why in game he always got the sack then moved around mid-table Prem teams and abroad. From a reputation standpoint, he wasn't ready from Chelsea.
I don't think it's "reputation" that caused his downfall. It's the player power at Chelsea, combined with the fact that Villas-Boas was perceived to have unfairly alienated some of the more, how should we say, popular players of the team.

I'd imagine the more sterner managers, like Capello or Guardiola, would have fallen into a similar trap.

However, it's not the Villas-Boas to Chelsea example that's a good one - it's Villas-Boas to Porto and with Porto. A relative newcomer, with little-to-no professional experience, and sometimes even younger than his own players, managing a Porto squad to the title. He received full backing from the players and board within a short amount of time.

I'd say "player power" or respect and likewise is represented in game by the individual players' rep, in comparison to the manager's. Plus alienating players in game makes them annoyed, disrupts the team.

And while I agree Villas-Boas at Porto is the most relevant example, we also have to consider he'd been coaching the youth team for years, spent time with the management group at Ipswich, acted as scout under two very well known managers at multiple world class clubs, and managed a national team. The starting experience levels in FM as they're written don't really account for any of that. He may have had little playing experience apart from the local leagues, but his footballing experience in general was at the highest level. Besides: in game-terms, he gets the home nation reputation boost in Portugal :p

----------------------------------------------------------------

A "Sunday-League Footballer" has no experience of any of those things that go on. Just imagine:

You make it into your local semi-pro side, and all of a sudden they drag some guy off the street and he's in charge of running things, and barking orders. No respect for him, football wise. He's never played more than a social kick-about.

Your team does well under the charge of this guy who supposedly had no clue. From a player's standpoint, they did all the work, they are the reason the team is doing well. The "manager" has no experience, so what does he really know? Just looking from the outside in, it has to be the players who brought about the success.

Your team continues to do well, and so on. My question is, at what point is it brilliant managing by a nobody, and no longer just brilliant playing by a group of footballers?

That manager has got to prove himself for years, quite literally, for people to take note (in game terms, for his rep to increase). Especially at the lowest levels, where the difference between doing brilliantly or mediocre can hinge on a single quality player. This works well with the far lower reputation for competitions at these levels, on the notion that with one or two good signings you can dominate, and your success is less to do with your active management skills and more to do with the players in your team.

The fact that somebody with no experience can start at the bottom and conquer the world is what's unrealistic. But that's the fantasy Football Manager provides, otherwise we'd not have a game to play! :) Bringing it back round to the OP, I do feel that reputation gain for individual match victories is a little on the low side for matches you're expected to lose. I'm unsure if you get a reputation increase which takes into account your end of season league position vs. expectation, but for the lower leagues with their minute competition reps, that'd be negligible anyway.

I'd say "player power" or respect and likewise is represented in game by the individual players' rep, in comparison to the manager's. Plus alienating players in game makes them annoyed, disrupts the team.

I don't agree. A player's power is only partly down to reputation. There are a lot of players who have high reputations who do not act in cliques. Players like Del Piero or Puyol, for example.

And while I agree Villas-Boas at Porto is the most relevant example, we also have to consider he'd been coaching the youth team for years, spent time with the management group at Ipswich, acted as scout under two very well known managers at multiple world class clubs, and managed a national team. The starting experience levels in FM as they're written don't really account for any of that. He may have had little playing experience apart from the local leagues, but his footballing experience in general was at the highest level. Besides: in game-terms, he gets the home nation reputation boost in Portugal :p

It is only down to those that he has secured a managerial spot. We should be able to assume that we have had some experience in football when joining a club in FM, surely? Which brings it down to the manager's reputation.

A "Sunday-League Footballer" has no experience of any of those things that go on. Just imagine:

You make it into your local semi-pro side, and all of a sudden they drag some guy off the street and he's in charge of running things, and barking orders. No respect for him, football wise. He's never played more than a social kick-about.

Your team does well under the charge of this guy who supposedly had no clue. From a player's standpoint, they did all the work, they are the reason the team is doing well. The "manager" has no experience, so what does he really know? Just looking from the outside in, it has to be the players who brought about the success.

I'd argue that a team can only do well if it is playing as a team, and therefore the manager is largely responsible for that.

If a team largely overachieves in season 2, it means that they did worse without that manager in season 1. Players don't just suddenly play better. It is down to the manager.

One exception is perhaps if a team underperforms so badly that them "bouncing-back" is to be expected, and hence the manager really doesn't matter (i.e. think Newcastle bouncing back from relegation - it was expected, and it would have taken a very poor manager for it not to have happened).

As I said I am on Sunday League. Started first season well winning several games then I lost one which became two, then three and players werent bothered. Nothing I said worked morale wise even though I had been playing teams off the park in the first few games. So I went out and brought two in on loan, played them along with 3 youngsters from the Reserves in the next game and they won 3-1 and won the next 4-3, and yet with my "seasoned pros" I couldn't win for toffee!!

The main issue I have is it seems defeats bring bad morale very quickly and yet wins don't seem to breed the same confidence wise. I had lost two not back to back and yet morale dropped big time. Yet I was still 6th in the Championship, hardly rock bottom.

It has been 2 months that I haven't played the game anymore.

Frankly there are two options left:

-Start again and begin with an automatic rep

-Go further and hope that if I keep overachieving, this message and the attitude towards me from my players will change.

As this issue is affecting a lot of fellow FM’ers, I will try to keep going further and see if anything changes.

My current squad would destroy the league if I was an international footballer. I’m curious what will happen with the motivation from my players. I will fight to reach the Play-offs, even though that my players play 50% worse with this bug.

PS: I'm Predicted 15th and the board wants me to reach the fourth round of the Belgian Cup.

Hmm is this thread about the 12.1 patch? I personally didn't have a problem with it, playing in Northern Ireland starting as a sunday league rep, and now 9 or so seasons in I have a Worldwide rep while none of my players have that, and the team has 2 1/2 stars rep. I did win pretty much everything there is to win domestically as well as the All-Ireland Cup though, so maybe its not a problem of rep not functioning well but too much emphasis on only an actual win being recorded rather than overall performance like never finishing out of the top 3, reaching semis/finals etc. As a note, the only European comp that I won was the Euro Cup last year (lost the Super Cup versus Real) but I'm fairly certain that I was already Worldwide before then, even though the win boosted my teams rep from 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 stars

• 2 weeks later...

I just discovered this issue myself. Started unemployed, professional footballer reputation, and was hired by Dresden in the 2 Bundesliga. I have been in charge for over three years, finishing top half each season despite having one of the lowest payrolls in the division. Most of the players in the squad now are my signings. And, surprise!, the vast majority are "struggling to find motivation when the manager has such a low reputation in the game" on a regular basis. Which is absurd.

So I did a little research with FMRTE. Here are the reputations of some of the other 2 Bundesliga managers in sim:

Thomas Doll (St. Pauli): Home 6524, Current 5714, World 4687

Karsten Baumann (Bielefeld): Home 6512, Current 6000, World 3669

Reiner Maurer (Karlsruhe): Home 5625, Current 5060, World 2776

Peter Neururer (Paderborn): Home 5556, Current 4046, World 2948

Heiko Herrlich (Duisburg): Home 6092, Current 4983, World 3742

Holger Stanislawski (Bochum): Home 7154, Current 5611, World 3910

And here's my reputation: Home 7019, Current 5860, World 1975

This rather obviously suggests that newly generated human-controlled managers are being handed inadequate "World" reputation, and that players are reacting to that deficiency even though the other rep stats are fine.

I did a quick test, setting my "World" reputation to 4000 (with no other changes). In the next match, instead of having 3-5 players "having difficulty motivating themselves" because of manager rep, I only had one, and he's the best player on the team (and therefore is the best candidate to legitimately have such a difficulty).

Of course, more extensive testing would be required to nail this down for certain, but it appears likely that this is the root of the problem.

The Roma savegame I talked about earlier is long gone, but I just thought of the fact that I always choose Brazilian/Argentinian nationalities no matter where I am managing. Maybe this hurts overall reputation more than if I had chosen Italian?

Nevertheless, we discontinued that save because his tactic was rendered obsolete after a patch. I wonder how many seasons coming 2nd and not winning major titles I would have to play in order to have my reputation increase enough to have the players I signed trust me? 5? 10? 30?

I would rather have the AI read my tactic, always choose the right tactical adjustment/team talk and robotically sell/release every single 2,5 or less star PA players and sign 3+ star PA players every season than indefinitely have players distrust me because I don't follow SI's career mode tyranny.

I just discovered this issue myself. Started unemployed, professional footballer reputation, and was hired by Dresden in the 2 Bundesliga. I have been in charge for over three years, finishing top half each season despite having one of the lowest payrolls in the division. Most of the players in the squad now are my signings. And, surprise!, the vast majority are "struggling to find motivation when the manager has such a low reputation in the game" on a regular basis. Which is absurd.

So I did a little research with FMRTE. Here are the reputations of some of the other 2 Bundesliga managers in sim:

Thomas Doll (St. Pauli): Home 6524, Current 5714, World 4687

Karsten Baumann (Bielefeld): Home 6512, Current 6000, World 3669

Reiner Maurer (Karlsruhe): Home 5625, Current 5060, World 2776

Peter Neururer (Paderborn): Home 5556, Current 4046, World 2948

Heiko Herrlich (Duisburg): Home 6092, Current 4983, World 3742

Holger Stanislawski (Bochum): Home 7154, Current 5611, World 3910

And here's my reputation: Home 7019, Current 5860, World 1975

This rather obviously suggests that newly generated human-controlled managers are being handed inadequate "World" reputation, and that players are reacting to that deficiency even though the other rep stats are fine.

I did a quick test, setting my "World" reputation to 4000 (with no other changes). In the next match, instead of having 3-5 players "having difficulty motivating themselves" because of manager rep, I only had one, and he's the best player on the team (and therefore is the best candidate to legitimately have such a difficulty).

Of course, more extensive testing would be required to nail this down for certain, but it appears likely that this is the root of the problem.

As soon as you win something the problem is gone, until then as unrealistic as it sounds you will always have that problem.

I got promoted with Fortuna Sittard on the Dutch 2nd tier(with odds to be on the last place) and after 3 or 4 seasons finishing between 4th and 6th i won the dutch title and now the message doesn't show up anymore, the game should be able to recognize the manager achievements and adjust the reputation automatically, having to win a competition to get the respect of your players when you are clearly overachieving it's a little extreme.

Archived