Is it worth getting FM12?

I've got FM11, and was just wondering whether FM12 is too different to FM11, and if so, what kind of tweaks have been made? Because when I played the demo, it just appeared to be the same, with the obvious tweaks of the player transfers.

So is it worth getting it this year, or shall I just carry on with FM11 until next year?

Cheers.

In FM12 you don't have major add-ons apart from add/remove leagues during your save. I belive SI was focused on fixing and upgrading existing features in FM11. So you have upgraded Team-Talks, transfers, tactics, 3D and so on... You should give it a try. You have everything like in FM11 but better. It's like Pimp My FM11 :) (plus the add/remove league option).

Some people are complaining about morale, but I don't have that problem, it's great for me.

That's my opinion.

In a word: No.

Not yet anyway, at this stage the game has a biblical amount of bugs, like 2011 at the same point last year. Also the match engine is much much worse and is more imbalanced compared to last year. The two main improvements are basically allowing more info on bigger screens, and being able to add/remove leagues while playing. And the screen improvement is the only one that works as far as I can tell. Things that weren't broken in 2011 (such as notes in notebook) are now broken, the tone system while it would have been a nice addition if the team talks were well implemented, is just another thing to frustrate due to the lack of realism.

So to sum up, maybe it will be worth it in 6-7 month when its been polished up, but for now its overall worse than 2011 in my opinion.

The 'bugs' certainly don't make the game unplayable, in fact you probably won't notice most of them because they're so minor, and it's still a highly enjoyable game. An important factor for me is having up-to-date team information (new signings etc.) and if you wait 6 - 7 months players will have moved, managers would have moved and teams will be in different leagues.

FM12 is an excellent game and, in my opinion, worth buying.

If you're thinking of managing in Australia it's pointless because you're not credited for competition wins correctly. League winning manager gets nothing, but the finals series winner gets two league wins recorded instead of a cup.

A great deal of the other niggles are small enough to be more annoying than game-breaking if you're playing in Europe, although it seems the US has a fair few problems going on with it as well.

Archived