FM12: Blackpool F.C. – ‘The Tangerine Dream (Of Bouncebackability)'

Mooki3

The Blackpool F.C. (Second Chance Academy) 2012/ 13, Season: Two in Pictures (Part: One, Present Performance)

League Table

leaguem.jpg

Transfers

transfern.jpg

Season Best XI

sxiz.jpg

Best Player

taylorfletcher.jpg

The best of a bad bunch really, I mean I’ve never done one of these reports before and put the season’s best player as a player who had averaged less than a 7 rating all season. But his goals (14) were absolutely invaluable this season, and being a well rounded player got a few assists (5) too.

Grandin was the only other player to really get to grips with this division this season too, so I could’ve given the award to him, as he actually had a higher av. rating (6.94), also notching up 6 goals and 11 assists along the way. Taylor Fletcher got the award for the simple reason- I’d have been relegated without his goals.

Previous Winners

2012: Elliot Grandin http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/293668-FM12-Blackpool-F.C.-%E2%80%93-%E2%80%98The-Tangerine-Dream-(Of-Bouncebackability)?p=7485207&viewfull=1#post7485207

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Blackpool F.C. (Second Chance Academy) 2012 / 13, Season: Two in Pictures (Part: Two, Relative Performance)

Team Records (Season)

teamrec.jpg

Player Records(Overall)

playerrec.jpg

Overall Best XI

oxit.jpg

Finances

financey.jpg

Other Stuff

• We are going ahead with improving the training facilities and youth facilities for the 2nd time in as many years- so they should be a bit less rubbish soon!

• The board seem to have no interest in moving stadium, even though we are clearly quite wealthy and also had more sell-outs than any other club (apart from Manchester United) in the Premier League last season. I’ll bend their ear eventually

• I was offered the Everton job, even after saying I wasn’t interested in it. Being a Liverpool fan, I turned it down.

• I can’t convince Chris Basham to sign new deal, and it runs out soon, so it looks like I’ll lose him.

• Got a few players (who played for amateur clubs) signed for 09.07.13, that I’m excited about- scouts seem to think they can be good.

• Must improve next season, as I think I’ll struggle to keep Grandin and ... well, I’m pretty sure I’ll get relegated if I do.

Trophy Haul (So Far...)

Championship Play-off Final: 2012

Hey guys hows it going? I think I am going to be starting a game with Blackpool. Not really had chance to start a game with them on this version of FM. From what I see from the thread is you have good money to spend and a big sum in the balance to improve stadium, facilities and stuff. Though is there any tips on this? Should i sign my players I want first then ask the board all this?

Going to be a good game though I can feel it if i manage to find some gems along the way, hoping for a play offs spot. :)

Good luck pal, what kind of a manager are you?? Do you go for ready made player, do you like to develop talent? look for a bargain etc.?? We'll see if we can recommend some players for you?

I'd say Matty Phillips / Elliot Grandin are you best players- both have it in them to be good Premier League players.

Fletcher, Cathcart, Eardley, Basham, Clarke are all very good too!!

Baptiste, Angel, Sylvestre, Evatt, Gilks will all be good squad players

Ince, Dodd, Barkhusen (sp?!) are fantastic prospects too..

Ferguson is your best player but will decline from xMas in the first season.

Good luck pal- don't be shy in asking if you need any advice and keep us updated with your game!!!

Thanks for the little advise so far really much appreciated. It just depends on the team I am managing. I think with Blackpool though I will be taking the youth approach so will be looking to sign a couple of youth on loan and some on perm signings. From the look of the squad I am going to be offering Grandin a new contract right away, as i like him on this game and will provide good battle between both him and Phillips for RW. Not sure what I am going to do with Southern and Sylvestre regards to contracts.

I am going to sign on loan either Ryo or Chamberlain from Arsenal for the LW. I am going to look to sell Ormerod.

All I think I need this season, is a LB back up, LW and a ST. Depending on the other transfers I think I will sign some young blood for future.

I would love any suggestions you may have for young players that i can sign who can do a job right away specially upfront. :)

Thanks for the little advise so far really much appreciated. It just depends on the team I am managing. I think with Blackpool though I will be taking the youth approach so will be looking to sign a couple of youth on loan and some on perm signings. From the look of the squad I am going to be offering Grandin a new contract right away, as i like him on this game and will provide good battle between both him and Phillips for RW. Not sure what I am going to do with Southern and Sylvestre regards to contracts.

I am going to sign on loan either Ryo or Chamberlain from Arsenal for the LW. I am going to look to sell Ormerod.

All I think I need this season, is a LB back up, LW and a ST. Depending on the other transfers I think I will sign some young blood for future.

I would love any suggestions you may have for young players that i can sign who can do a job right away specially upfront. :)

the likes of yaya sanago, darwin quintero, federico santander, vossen are all good choices for st

johnny russell, john fleck, danny haynes, jamie murphy, jordan rhodes .. if you wanna go british based..

LB: darwin chavez, ricardo rodriquez, aldrete, vegard forren, torres nilo (all my favs for young lb's)

LW: georgi milanov, spas delev, bittencourt, bjarnason, matias mier, bashkim kadrii, rilwan hassan, dominique malonga

just a few suggestions out of the usual suspects

Hmmm... Just finished my 3rd season (stayed safe again, slight improvement on last season), and I've been offered both the Manchester United and Liverpool jobs. Turned the United job flat down, but since I'm a red, I'm going to have to have a think about the Liverpool job...

i refused the whole lot, even though the man utd offer was insane (45 million transfer budget O.O)

turned it down, won the league with blackpool

i signed half of man utd anyway lol

qualified for next stage of champions league with 2 games to spare, so some players got rested fischer transfter requested when my assman was doing a league cup match -_-

2E0B33205DF510754F26B43B4298B885DD959AB8

yada is my 5 foot 5 defender, he got a full debut

The Blackpool F.C. (Second Chance Academy) 2013/ 14, Season: Three in Pictures (Part: One, Present Performance)

League Table

lge.jpg

Transfers

trnb.jpg

Season Best XI

sxii.jpg

Best Player

grandin.jpg

Finally, someone worthy of giving this award to in the Premier League, 9 goals and 9 assists isn’t a bad old haul for a winger in a struggling team, the fact is he would have more assists if the forwards put away more of their chances! 74% pass completion for a player who in essence tries to play the ball mostly in the final 3rd and tries a lot of killer passes isn’t to be sniffed at either!! Could also have gone to Cathcart who is now my vice captain, possibly to make the step up to captain when Ferguson gets sold (if he gets sold) for next season. Grandin is a very good player, my advice to anyone managing this club is no matter how good you get- he’ll be a decent squad member!!

Previous Winners

2012: Elliot Grandin: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/293668-FM12-Blackpool-F.C.-%E2%80%93-%E2%80%98The-Tangerine-Dream-(Of-Bouncebackability)?p=7485207&viewfull=1#post7485207

2013: Gary Taylor-Fletcher: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/293668-FM12-Blackpool-F.C.-%E2%80%93-%E2%80%98The-Tangerine-Dream-(Of-Bouncebackability)?p=7617444&viewfull=1#post7617444

The Blackpool F.C. (Second Chance Academy) 2013/ 14, Season: Three in Pictures (Part: Two, Relative Performance)

Team Records (Season)

tmrec.jpg

Player Records(Overall)

plrrec.jpg

Overall Best XI

oxia.jpg

Finances

finp.jpg

Other Stuff

• Why aren’t my finances improving?!?! I sell out most every home game, wages are massively under budget, I’m in the Premier League and all the television money that brings; I haven’t EVER spend a single penny on signing a player and have made a profit on transfer fees every season. I have £2m LESS than at the start of the game. Embezzlement me thinks; Oysten OUT, Oysten OUT!!!

• Like I said, I’ve turned down job offers from Liverpool, Manchester United, Tottenham, Everton and a host of lowerish teams in the league now- staying true to the second chance academy!

• I’ve got a strange feeling this is coming together, I know my two premier league finishes will say different, but I think from next season we might just see a climb up the table.

• Youth and Training facilities improved again this pre-season, should be very good after this.

Trophy Haul (So Far...)

Championship Play-off Final: 2012

• 2 weeks later...

Just a little heads up for anyone starting a new game on 12.2

AdamSmithNews_Inbox.png

You can get him for less than 100k but I paid the majority of it over 48 months, hes only on £700 a week and his stats are still insane, deffo buy for anyone!!!!

I just started a Blackpool game,only had 2 million transfer to start with but I have brought in 5 players(2 youngsters).

I was going to post my team and transfers but just got a mail from the owners in November saying that because of the healthy bank account they are giving me another 15 million :)

So I imagine a few more players coming in in January so will post the team then.

Been in or around the top 6 in the 1st half of the season playing a 4-2-3-1

Would like a new centre half if I can get a really good 1 to sign.

Is really nice having so much money but it is a bit difficult to attract better younger players.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just taken blackpool into the prem in my first season and just need some ideas on signings? my board have given me a big wage budget but won't exceed there wage structure!? so far in the close season i have signed junior hoilet, scott wotton, florin kainz and oliver norwood. I play a 4-2-3-1 my team is as follows

GK- Gilks (needs replacing, or is he good enough for prem?)

DR- Eardly

DL- Crainey

DC - Burdisso

DC- Cathcart

BWM - Ferguson (has the stats gonna try him in this position, but a back up and possible youngster to fill them boots would be good)

DLP- Carney

WL - Hoilett

WR- Phillips

AMC- Bressan

CF- Quintero (need a back up, taylor - fletcher just isn't good enough)

So basiclly need a new GK, LB, BWM, and back up CF and i only have £15million to spend?

Any help will be appreciated

gilks is OK, ijust tried to sign Areola and got he wouldn't even start contract talks :(

if it is a keeper you are after, Alex Smithies for 2.6 million, he is injured long term, but has fantastic potential

got yaya sanogo for 2.3 million and rory delap for 525k

preseason is alright, so many differant players from the old DB. John Fleck is fantastic, Grandin on loan is frustrating, him and taylor-fletcher lasted the longest in my other save because they were consistant.

wilfried is now 10 million and way out of budget :(

have a look at portsmouth, got rocha for 350k

rory delap got his debut in a friendly against arbroath.... and got an assist with his trademark

Started one with Blackpool a few days back.

Brought in Ross Barkley on loan, Sanogo on loan (might try and get him on a free as he's doing well) and Rivaldo for a season.

Started dreadfully with 3 defeats in a row but I've bounced back to go top at the halfway stage by a point from West Ham. Out of the League Cup though as I lost to Tottenham 3-2.

Got my budget increased to £17m in November, currently looking at who to buy. Got Danny Simpson coming in for £750k, think I'll retrain him to play LB and also Bostwick (sp?) from Stevenage who has the potential to be a leading Premier League centre back.

I don't know how to upload posts but i am in october in my second season, first in the premiership, and high flying at the moment 5th in the league, stadium expansion completed so i thought i'd sneakily ask for a new stadium and my board without much persuasion agreed! (first time this has happened to me). Costing the club £38 million and should be ready by january 2015. Felt that was worth sharing.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

depends on what you wish to do, i like a very fluid 4-2-2-2 but you need good wingers (you have these, Fleck and Ince are good, and Matt Phillips) and a poacher (you need to buy one ;))with a good DLF for best results. only problem is Grandin out on loan

since they cut the tranfer budget in the new patch and increased the price of wilfried it is harder. and quite a few players you could get before are not interested.

LuaLua has been surprising though, cant see anything standing out stat wise on him yet he scores when i need him to.

i'll link how i play currently tomorrow as the 4-2-2-2 works better with certain shouts.

as i see Blackpool in this game, they are a big threat from set pieces. Eardly is better then nearly everything in the game at scoring from free kick (not stat wise, but he just scores lots of them), always your corners.

anyway onwards, to my save, currently in september, top on goal differance. Noticed a few players unhappy about lack of fitness coach (get one, and i also noticed there was a spot for a first team coach)

here are my singings for the season. hard work with limited budget, plut plenty of quality around

1024x640.resizedimage

Rory Delap is always fun :D

here is Isidoro

1024x640.resizedimage

ok 10 games into first season, no major issues. won some games away by good scores, smashed west ham in the league cup 4-0.

Rory Delap is always a fantastic tool for getting a game winning goal, as long throws close enough to the box act like corners (and the resulting goal from the same way)

1024x640.resizedimage

got this fantastic and unexpected result

1024x640.resizedimage

• 2 weeks later...

alright, Blackpool have a crazy transfer Budget, 14.5 million in November and another 14.5 in January. had some fun splashing it around for some players who can take me forwards now and in the future

1024x640.resizedimage

cost me 8.75million, but he is great quality and was a needed position as i was struggling with tiredness with ince due to lack of cover

1024x640.resizedimage

4.3 million? bargain

1024x640.resizedimage

never Heard of this guy, first came up about him in a press conferance, had a look, looked like a great striker to partner Sanogo, (he is btw ;))

1024x640.resizedimage

this was his debut against a FULL strength Everton

1024x640.resizedimage

one for the future, decent enough for coming off the bench

1024x640.resizedimage

and a defender

currently a cool 23 points clear at the top of the league (was a lot closer but teams that kept being 2nd started dropping points like crazy) only 1 loss so far to reading.

and reached the League cup final, to face Aston Villa

• 3 weeks later...

Seems odd this looking through the transfer dealings, and being a lifelong Blackpool fan, and seeing us struggle to spend about £200k on a player, then you see all this.

Ah well, I've had a few saves with Blackpool, but have settled down and gone though a few seasons and getting back in to FM.

Signing Carlos Fierro as soon as possible is the best deal to go for. You stay in the NPC and he'll score for fun, get promoted to the EPL and he'll score for fun

But my best prospect at the minute is a Nigerian regen who I got for £1.8m

Babangida.png?t=1346788086

He's just sat feeding Fierro and creating bucket loads of chances

Archived