FM12: Blackpool F.C. – ‘The Tangerine Dream (Of Bouncebackability)'

Mooki3

wow decemer in this game, and it throws random flu and random training injures in

then 4 matches, 3 draws and a defeat. ass man giving useless team seach suggestions (do it for fans) so players dont motivate at start. dominate one game from kick off for 20 minutes they score and match ruined.

then lose another to a last minute penantly after the same 1-0 and come back. then a 0-0 we deserved to win. for some reason players are not following instructios, work ball into box, they just get to box and shoot a shot either wide over or at the keeper. getting irritating.

mid november i had superior goal differance (in both scored and conceded) and the gap was 1 point, soon as i go top the poor results every time.

996215A8099ED66A787E901F95677B3E508434F1

and west ham never seem to draw/lose to promotion pushers while i do. its annoying.

3 losses were just as bad, 2 of them were last minute penaltys

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

after reading this thread and not really bein able to get into a fm game this year i decided to give blackpool a go :)

just about to play my first league game here are my pre season results; vs barnet 1-0, vs albion rovers 1-0, vs inf clairefontaine 7-0, vs glenavon 4-1, st pats athletic 3-1, vs west brom 1-2.

all in all a decent pre season, wanted to build up some good morale hence why i picked low key friendlies, narrowly lost to a strong west brom side.

i let go pretty much all my staff and brought my own in, here are my transfers out; keith southern (600k), let him go due to getting 600k for him and have never really rated him (sorry pool fans!) transfers in; emmanuel frimpong (brought him in to cover dm), paul pogba (brought him in to cover midfield), both of them are only loans.

loving this save so far, hope to bring in a few more faces.. will update january :)

yea you get loads i noticed.

never going to spend that much. going after itube but real madrid bid 7.75 million.

i have signed 2 players pre window. i'll show them later on in case i get more.

ok transfer window shut

in

rory delap 425k - stoke offered him to me, i was chasing midfielders, gives something extra.. like erm long throws :D

this guy for 3 million the next micheal laudrup

16B24997FCF63115C2CEAFF68290C586DCE24CE8

and this guy for 3 million

F33FD338939962423A92A999E11F4C6C887AD368

and this godly striker for 2.7 million - he is the next drogba

3D8A21DB913421576619E8899745333193FCD307

got him at the start of the window. look at his goals/games by the end of the window

Alright guys!! I've just loaded up my game, was destroying everything in-front of me before the weekend... First game back... I get hammered 4-1 away to Chelsea (out of the FA Cup) and the battered 5-2 away to Brighton. The fall of my season??

Got a couple of wins since I posted that- but I'm now getting beaten 5-2 by Burnley... There is something about my team that I can't put my finger on that makes me liable for a good spanking every now and then.

just got through January i signed James Mcathur, Tim Krul and Bittencourt also still sitting top of the league 4 points clear

Is McArthur the ginger one that's Scottish but seems to think he's Irish and keeps getting muted as a target for Liverpool/Chelsea? If so 3 great signings there pal- you in first or second season?

Blackpool F.C. 2011/ 12, Season: One in Pictures (Part: One, Present Performance)

League Table

leagued.jpg

Transfers

transfersp.jpg

Season Best XI

sxie.jpg

Best Player

phillipse.jpg

Run very, very close to this by Elliot Grandin who was also exceptional when he got over his early season re-occurring injuries (which incidentally are probably why he hasn’t got this), Phillips has everything in his game that a top winger needs- pace, technique and the ability to spot a pass/cross and as you can see he chipped in with more than his share of goals too!!

Blackpool F.C. 2011 / 12, Season: One in Pictures (Part: Two, Relative Performance)

Team Records (Season)

teamrecords.jpg

Player Records(Overall)

playerrecords.jpg

Overall Best XI

First season: See ‘Season Best XI’

Finances

financesq.jpg

Other Stuff

• The board have kindly accepted my pestering and have decided to go ahead with work to improve the youth and training facilities

• The board have also seen fit to expand the stadium by 3,994 seats at a cost of £4.9m

Trophy Haul (So Far...)

Championship: 2012

League Cup: 2012

Championship Manager of the Year: 2012

Much obliged brother! Hows your save going?

Not to bad, 2nd season as you know. Nearing the end of January, currently sat in 15th. I get smashed about horribly by the top teams, but I've gotten some good results against teams such as Swansea, 3-0 away at the start of the season. Not very consistent, but can expect that after a promotion.

Great season Mooki3, I have looked through this thread and interested in starting my own Blackpool save.

I'm thoroughly enjoying your transfer methods as its something similar to what I would aim to do myself. What roles do you give Leandro and to Matt Phillips?

Also, as regards real life what did you make of Jonjo Shelvey when he was on loan? And, also Danny Wilson at the minute? I ask as a Liverpool fan.

it appears i have turned into the second coming of stoke now :D cathcart scored from a delap long throw, had so set pieces in this game fired into thier box.

2AB3AA67D11D10FF9312AEBBBCAF95322C6839DE

D5740768D3673E6BE1C7741B9E1122CAD2F70B50

6 players in there.

and reading about wilfried being injury prone... he is out injured with a fractured wrist :( it appears the broken bone injuries are spreading, after that materazzi broke his arm, and opposion for past 2 games also 2 players out with broken bones

Great season Mooki3, I have looked through this thread and interested in starting my own Blackpool save.

I'm thoroughly enjoying your transfer methods as its something similar to what I would aim to do myself. What roles do you give Leandro and to Matt Phillips?

Also, as regards real life what did you make of Jonjo Shelvey when he was on loan? And, also Danny Wilson at the minute? I ask as a Liverpool fan.

I'm a red too mate. For the record; I love Jonjo, think he'll be boss for us! Wilson I've still my doubts about- he really needs to grab this loan move by the haunch bones and ride it.

I play Leandro as a kind of second stirker- except sometimes when I'm away from home and utalize his place over the top to stop the oppo from pushing on me too much. And Phillips as either a pacy RW or an inside fwd on the left- does both beautifullY!

I'm a red too mate. For the record; I love Jonjo, think he'll be boss for us! Wilson I've still my doubts about- he really needs to grab this loan move by the haunch bones and ride it.

I play Leandro as a kind of second stirker- except sometimes when I'm away from home and utalize his place over the top to stop the oppo from pushing on me too much. And Phillips as either a pacy RW or an inside fwd on the left- does both beautifullY!

Think I'll try and get Wilson in on loan on my game if possible, doubt I'll get Shelvey though. I agree with your opinions on both of them.

I'll be doing something similar then, using players in different roles and positions depending on the oppoisition, done something similar on FM11 with Barca and Liverpool which worked wonders.

Is McArthur the ginger one that's Scottish but seems to think he's Irish and keeps getting muted as a target for Liverpool/Chelsea? If so 3 great signings there pal- you in first or second season?
nah thats mccarthy,

some postponements. checked the league, i am top with 2 games in hand with west ham and southamton on 68 points with me.

Congrats bro, very similar first season to me by the looks of it! Keep up the good work and good luck with the promotion push!!

Don't think I've had any postponements since the release of FM2012...

It's down to lower league clubs having runs in the cups

nah thats mccarthy

Ahhh, I like that boy!!

Congrats on getting into Europe Mooki Im hopeing to be in Europe, Im currently in my 2nd season in charge of Blackpool and currently 8th in the league as of the end of January, getting 20k in the ground every home game since I expanded the stadium and have good training, adequate youth facilities, average junior coaching and average youth recruitment, once I get my bank balance up Ill try upgradeing more, my star players have been Leanardo, Fleck, Evatt, Eardley, Cathcart and Sanogo, Matt Phillips was good in my first season but aint played that well this season for me.

Cheers Ronnie!! Looks like your building a great foundation for the club there, I'd stick with Phillips; he's young and will need time to progress to PL level- dam he's got some potential! He went to the Euros with England (due mostly to injuries to some players) on my game, and that really seems to have aided his development- he's fairly regular in the national squad now- I'm a very proud manager!

Back from swimming, on with my season!!

I'm having a bit of a dilemma here fellas, help me out; I need to tutor a few of the kids at my club whose progression has stalled a little, but due to my haste to get some of the 'older legs' out of the club I've not got many tutors left! I'm scouring round the free market and have seen a few golden oldies who would fit the bill- Rivaldo, Beckham, Inzaghi, Hargreaves and Materazzi are the few that I've identified. I wouldn't play them, like, they'd just be kind of individual player coaches (if you get me).

Anyway, my problem is that I just don't sign players over the age of 18... What would you all do in my situation??

but blackpools wage budget is rediculous

incendently delap is on the highest wages but that isn't extreme.

you wont get beckham ever.

you should get materazzi, he is very handy on corners and penaltys. gives you a stronger chance in cup shootouts, and you will need some rotation, he is only a benefit to you.

rivaldo i havn't tried yet, but he went to reading on my save. to me, if they old enough to play in the league then they are fine purchases, on united save i never ever drop giggs, on other saves for lower league i'll bring in frank sinclair, there is also sol campbell.

and btw, i run a youth policy, i only recruit youth, but i do it within reason, for now i have bought rory delap (more set pieces to score from ) and some 26-30 players to slot in at the back as cover. which will keep me ticking over while i get some youth to develop. i would also increase your policy to go up to 24 years, as there are some gems of players that are 19 or over. (sonogo, wilfried)

and... infuriating results. i would have took this at the start...

2AAD2065D6A33DEDEB47688CB75ED97F90AABFDF

NINETY+TWO GHAA, could have done without the replay, which got postponed due to arsenals champions league commitments, and then got 2 of my games postponed

delap scored which he rarly does, and the first goal was from pressure from a throw, played 4-4-2 counter with sonogo, i wish i had wilfried for that

BA674AF22520DBD0C29D7D9394E0C9353F3DCCBB

why does my youth intake suck.... yet i find this in linfield? this guy will be great in future

losing to barnsley away was annoying, but southampton and west ham drew so no damage done i only dropped to second.

9B4E36343253C25F4B7BDDFA478A42BF7FA36A38

and the return of wilfried from injury... he decided to destroy doncaster

1st O.G was a defender who tackled him.

2nd one was some sort of bug (it was a defender O.G, but this is keeper, who just didn't touch it and he let it trickle in, very odd)

and the phillips one was from wilfried crossing a ball across the face.

and to make it better, southamton, who jumped me last game, lost, putting me top on goal differance and 2 games in hand over west ham.

i have decided wilfried is insane, why cant he do this on my wigan save? lol

Like I said, I wont be playing the over 18 signings- they wont even get game time in the reserves- they will be brought in simply to coach the youth of the squad. I don't want them in any way to stunt the progress of my youth... That's why I only ever sign U18 players.

Try and think of them as supplementary coaches, that work in and around the Reserve team: train with the lads, tutor them, give them an example to look up to but don't block their progress into the first team

I've actually brought in a few now, and it's having mixed results- for example Hargreaves has completely spit the dummy out about being a reserve team player and requested a transfer already- but I'm sure his tuition is benefiting the lad I've paired him with.

Also, another fella I brought in flat out said he didn't want to act as a tutor so I terminated his contract the day after he arrived (no point in having someone who wont play & wont tutor)- a waste of my time finding him and a waste of £48k compensation. Oh well.

It's the first time I've tried such a thing, and I've convinced myself that around such a young squad it's actually a great idea. Anyway, time will tell- but I'm certainly looking forward to Rafinha picking up Rivaldo's traits etc.

Bed for me now anyhow, night.

Archived