S.C. Farense - Southern Revolution..hopefully

PocketMouse

Dione is a fantastic player!

Congratulations on your best season yet - next stop, the Champions League itself!

Who, in your opinion, is your best youth prospect 18 or under?

Shame we only had him on loan :(

Emmm honestly dont have any haha our youth facilities are very poor and I've yet to have a player come through thats even remotely good enough for the first team but the closest would be Ben Nooij who just turned 19.

S.C. Farense - Liga ZON Sagres - 2031/32

Squad

Transfers

Twentieth season of the revolution! First season in the Eriksen Arena, lets make it memorable.

Liga ZON Sagres - Champions

Fixtures

Positions Graph

Taça de Portugal - Champions

Portuguese League Cup - Champions

Supertaça - Champions

UEFA Champions League - 1st Knock Out Round

Kinda fits well that our first season in our new stadium we completely dominate football in Portugal. Where to start? Suppose at the very beginning, our first game in the Eriksen Arena was against Liverpool and although we lost, Raul Silva scored the first goal in the stadium but then the chairman sold him over my head to Porto which I wasnt happy about at all and he wasnt the last the chairman let go, Chaveirinho followed and then finally Nikitin. All sold for less than their true value. We lost our captain Jagauré to Real Madrid in January after they activated his release cause, but despite all these set backs we started the season in flying form, first we won the Supertaça against Porto in a close match, and then we went unbeaten in 13 games in the league and we slipped up against Benfica but it didnt matter too much as we won our next 8 game before coming up against who were a 4 points behind and we were winning 1-0 till the 86th minute and they got a equaliser and after that I kinda thought we were gonna bottle it but we managed to hold it together and then it all came down to a match against Santa Cruz, the leagues bottom team and we smashed them 5-1 and lifted our first ever Primeira Liga, ending Portos 6 years domination, also we became the first team to win the League outside the big 2 (Porto and Benfica, the last 2 winners since Vitória de Guimarães) in 17 years, and we become only the 7th different club to win it. Our fantastic league form carried into the domestic cups, first up was the League Cup final against Torreense of the Second League, which we actually made hard work of it but eventally got there and won 3-1 to go level with Benfica for the record of League Cups with 5. In the Taça de Portugal we had a easy route to the final which included some big wins, but in the final we had a big test against Benfica but we were too strong for them and ran out 2-0 winners and lifted our second Taça de Portugal in a row. The Champions League brought Barcelona back to Faro but this time they were in our new stadium but we still couldnt overcome them but we played better than last years semi final. We put up a good a good fight against Inter in the first leg but we rolled over in the second leg and got walked on but I didnt mind that much as I wanted to focus more on the domestic scene and it worked out well, we have become the team to beat now and we wont be just one season wonders, we reached the target and now our new target is to stay there and dominate Portuguese football for years to come.

Awards

Liga ZON Sagres Team of the Year - Ezechiel Hisseine, Lasha Kupatadze, Eser Yesilyurt, Luís Lopes, Cristian Sánchez

Liga ZON Sagres Central Defender of the Year - Lasha Kupatadze

Liga ZON Sagres Forward of the Year - Ricardo Gonçalves

Liga ZON Sagres Most Assists of the Year - Luís Lopes

Star Player

Luís Lopes - He ran the whole show from midfield, had a storming season.

Next Season

Defend all our titles, and do a small bit better in Europe.

S.C. Farense - Liga ZON Sagres - 2032/33

Squad

Transfers

Twenty first season of the revolution! Dominate again.

Liga ZON Sagres - 2nd

Fixtures

Positions Graph

Taça de Portugal - 4th Round

Portuguese League Cup - Runners Up

Supertaça - Runners Up

UEFA Champions League - 1st Knock Out Round

Last season was always going to be hard to live upto and as everything went our way last season this season was the opposite as we never really got the luck we needed at times but thats life eh? The season started in typical fashion as the chairman sold Lasha Kupatadze over my head but thankfully that was the only sale and there was a lot of interest in our top players but we managed to keep hold of them. The board announced that the stadium would be expanded by 12,000 seats which I was kinda surprised by but after the expansion was complete we still sold out over 90% of the stadium every game. Its strange to think that we lost the title in the 3rd game of the season as Benfica beat us 2-1 and ultimately the League comes down to head to head record if 2 teams have the same amount of points and thats what it all came down too, a 2-1 loss, 1 goal separated us from back to back titles, and that was our first bit of bad luck. Later on in the season we stumbled Leirira and Camacha, who we really should of beat so the fact we didnt win the title is kinda disappointing. Our bad luck continued into the Taça de Portugal and we were knocked out by Espinho in the 4th round, even though we fielded a weakened team we still should of had enough to beat them but they grabbed a goal in extra time to send us out. The League Cup gave us some hope as we came up against Benfica in the semi final only to find most our players were on international duty but we managed to battle to a 2-0 win with a team made up of mainly youth players but in the final our bad luck came back and Sporting managed to grab a late goal. The Champions League was hugely disappointing, we were 10 minutes away from knocking Chelsea out at Stamford Bridge they score and then go onto grab a winner in the 96th minute with a penalty, heartbreaking wasnt the word for it. So all together it was a disappointing season as we ended trophyless but I'm certain we will back back next year with a bang!

Awards

Liga ZON Sagres Team of the Year - Shkodran Maus, Ezechiel Hisseine, Abdullah Boakye, Rodrigo

Liga ZON Sagres Player of the Year - Rodrigo

Liga ZON Sagres Young Player of the Year - Abdullah Boakye

Liga ZON Sagres Central Defender of the Year - Abdullah Boakye

Liga ZON Sagres Full Back of the Year - Shkodran Maus

Star Player

Rodrigo - Won player of the year so may aswell be our player of the year! 20 goals in 25 matches is great for a winger.

Next Season

Really want to do better in the Champions League and of course win the league.

well done! looks like you have had a great career. this save inspired me to start a save with Louletano (a.k.a Loule) they are very close to faro (club known as farense) and i have been there on holiday twice. just finishing my third season, back to back promotions and just won the league cup! staying well clear of relegation and hope to get a top 6 finish in season 4. by far my most successful save this year all thanks to you ;)

well done! looks like you have had a great career. this save inspired me to start a save with Louletano (a.k.a Loule) they are very close to faro (club known as farense) and i have been there on holiday twice. just finishing my third season, back to back promotions and just won the league cup! staying well clear of relegation and hope to get a top 6 finish in season 4. by far my most successful save this year all thanks to you ;)

Glad I was some sort of help :D but Louletano? Booooooo ;)

Did you come 2nd due to results against Benfica?

Yep lost 2-1 and drew 1-1 with them...worst way to lose the title :(

S.C. Farense - Liga ZON Sagres - 2033/34

Squad

Transfers

Twenty second season of the revolution! Bring the title back south.

Fixtures

Positions Graph

Taça de Portugal - 5th Round

UEFA Champions League - Semi-Final

We managed to sign Cheikh Dione on a free at the start of the season and by the January transfer window we were offered over 15 million for him a few times but I couldn't sell him, he is just too good. We hit the ground with a stumble in the Liga as we had a disappointing drew with Sporting but after that we got up and running and we won the next 10 games scoring 37 and conceding only 5 but yet we were still behind Benfica who we lost our next game to and after that it looked like they would pull off and walk the league but that turned out to be our only defeat all season and we slowly caught up with Benfica. I always had a eye on our third last game of the season which was against Benfica and I knew that match would decided were the Primeira Liga would go and we managed to grab a 1-0 win which all but ensured the title was ours for the taking and we took it, winning the next 3 games to win the league by a comfortable 8 points. The season went pretty much perfectly as far as the league was concerned, no silly defeats to smaller teams and won against the bigger teams, all though there was a few silly draws but you cant win them all right? The Primeira Liga wasnt the only silverware on its way to Faro as we won the League Cup with some ease beating Porto 5-1 in the final, we were 4-0 up when Porto scored just before half time and I was worried they were going to rally and come back but we stopped them and managed to score a goal ourselves. Unfortunately, we didnt have much success in the Taça de Portugal but we did manage to knock out Benfica but fell to Sporting in the next round. The Champions League brought back another former Farense favourite as Jacaré came with Real Madrid who we lost to at home but drew with away but despite hammering all the other teams in our group we still finished behind Real in 2nd but we went all the way to the semi final were we came up against Chelsea and we were looking for revenge but neither team could grab a goal and it went to penos were we lost 4-1 and Chelsea went onto beat Liverpool in the final but the fact we lost out to the winners doesn't help the disappointment at losing on penos. Great season overall, fantastic to bring the Liga back to Faro and I couldn't ask for more from the team. Also the board are expanding our stadium by 12,188 which will bring our capacity upto 45,094 and that will bring us up closer to the big 3 teams.

Awards

Liga ZON Sagres Team of the Year - Lourenco, Shkodran Maus, Ezechiel Hisseine, Abdullah Boakye, Rodrigo, Cheikh Dione

Liga ZON Sagres Best Goalkeeper of the Year - Lourenco

Liga ZON Sagre Central Back of the Year - Ricardinho

Liga ZON Sagres Full Back of the Year - Ezechiel Hisseine

Star Player

Cheikh Dione - Back with us again but this time permanently, and had a similar reaction to the last time he joined us, beast!

Next Season

More of the same would be great.

• 2 weeks later...

S.C. Farense - Liga ZON Sagres - 2034/35

Squad

Transfers

Twenty third season of the revolution! Impose our position as the best team.

Liga ZON Sagres - Runner Up

Fixtures

Positions Graph

UEFA Champions League - 3rd in Group Stage

UEFA Europa League - Semi-Final

Well we have broken the top 3, going by the most reputable clubs list and we have taken over Sporting. We had success in the first game by easily beating Vitória 3-0 in the Supertaça. We had a good season in the league but wasn't great, we managed to beat most teams but when we came up against the other big clubs we couldnt do it but despite a few defeats to them we were never far off first spot and the race for the title went right down to the last day and Porto, who weren't very strong all season, managed to pip us too it. It was a shame to miss out on the title by a point after a good few disappointing draws with lower opposition. Thankfully our form from the league didn't carry over into the cups and instead of drawing with lower teams we managed to beat them. The League Cup was quite easy and we didn't even concede a goal and scored 17 in 5 games, the final against Sporting was no contest and we lifted the League Cup for a record 7th time. The Taça de Portugal was different, we scored 24 but we conceded 1 goal but it didnt take the shine off us beating Boavista 3-0 and lifting our 4th Taça. The Champions League was disappointing, we we're pretty poor in the group stages and only qualified for the Europa League despite beating Barca 4-0 in the last game. Our adventure in the Europa League was pretty fun though, in the 1st and 2nd knockout rounds we got beat quite badly in the 1st leg but managed to pick it up for the 2nd leg and we knocked out CSKA And Arsenal and comfortably beat Dynamo Moscow so we were full of confidence heading into the semi final against Aston Villa but our goal scoring form deserted us and a late goal in the first leg won it for them and they went onto play Porto in the final, it would of been great for us to play and beat Porto in the final but it wasn't to be.

Awards

Liga ZON Sagres Team of the Year - Ezechiel Hisseine, Abdullah Boakye, Cheikh Dione

Liga ZON Sagres Young Player of the Year - Abdullah Boakye

Liga ZON Sagres Most Assists of the Year - Cheikh Dione

Star Player

Cheikh Dione - 2 years in a row he has been our stand out player, some bigger teams looking for him.

Next Season

We must do better in the league and the Champions League.

S.C. Farense - Liga ZON Sagres - 2035/36

Squad

Transfers

Twenty fourth season of the revolution! Bring the liga back to Faro.

Fixtures

Positions Graph

Taça de Portugal - 4th Round

Portuguese League Cup - Runner Up

UEFA Champions League - Semi Final

Our season kicked off in fine form as we smashed Porto 5-0 and won our 2nd Supertaça in a row, that really gave us a kick start to the new season and we went on an 18 match unbeaten run in all competitions before Porto knocked us out of the Taça de Portugal. We were unbeaten in the league until March when Porto beat us again, before that we had only dropped points once when we drew with Estoril. We were never going to get 1st place taken off us and we stayed well ahead of the chasing teams, usually about 13 points ahead. We made easy work of winning the league, our next loss came to Benfica when we were going through a little slump which unfortunately came at a bad time and we lost in the League Cup final against Porto and lost out in the Champions League semi final against Inter. I was hugely disappointed to lose to Inter in the semi final because we walked through our group which contained Liverpool, Ajax and Dortmund, neither team gave us any trouble and we qualified for the next round quickly before losing to Liverpool. In the knockout rounds we found it quite easy beating PSG 6-0 on aggregate and then we beat United 5-0 at home and drawing 0-0 with them away, so to lose out to Inter was disappointing, I had thought it would be our year to finally make the final after being in 3 European finals in the last 3 years but I guess it just wasnt ment to be, this year anyway.

Awards

Liga ZON Sagres Team of the Year - Ezechiel Hisseine, Abdullah Boakye, Rodrigo, Ben Nooij, Cheikh Dione, Dominik Hohn

Liga ZON Sagres Player of the Year - Rodrigo

Star Player

Abdullah Boakye - Rock in defence, kept our goals conceded low and even poped up with a good few at the other end himself.

Next Season

We have to retain our title and hopefully actually make it to a major European final.

S.C. Farense - Liga ZON Sagres - 2036/37

Squad

Transfers

Twenty fifth season of the revolution! Win back to back titles for the first time.

Fixtures

Positions Graph

Supertaça - Runners Up

UEFA Champions League - Semi Final

We kicked off the season playing in the Supertaça against Porto but it didn't go as we planned and we lost out on penalty's but we quickly got over it and started the season in flying form, we won 6 in a row but came up against Porto and fell to a 1-0 loss, lucky for us Benfica managed to smash Porto 6-0 two games after they beat us but we still had to play catch up with Porto for the rest of the season until they lost 1-0 with 11 games remaining and then we beat them 4-0 at home to move to the top of the table and we stayed there for the rest of the season except for when Porto moved top only because they played more games than us. We won the title on the last day of the season with a huge 7-0 win over Nacional de Madeira at home so we won the title in style. We had more success in the Taça de Portugal, we knocked out Benfica, Porto and Sporting and then we won the final against Vitória 2-0. More success came in the League Cup, we knocked out some smaller teams and then beat Sporting in the semi final and then we beat Benfica on penalty's for the 2nd time this season. As usual the Champions League was a great adventure, we reached the semi final again and, once again, we lost this time to Liverpoool. The 1st knock out round was the best, I was annoyed that we came first in our group but still drew Real Madrid, and we lost the first leg 2-0, I was hopeful we could grab an away goal to give us a chance in the 2nd leg but it never came but in the 2nd half of the 2nd leg we managed to put 4 past our old goalkeeper Jaguaré and knock them out we managed to beat AC Milan in the quarter finals easily enough despite losing the first leg. Other than losing in the Champions League it was a good season and it was great to bring 3 cups back to the Eriksen Arena, it was especially great to bring back to back Ligas.

Awards

Liga ZON Sagres Team of the Year - Cristiano Figo, Ezechiel Hisseine, Abdullah Boakye, Ben Nooij, Cheikh Dione

Star Player

Ezechiel Hisseine - Won Liga ZON Sagres Full Back of the Year for the last 4 years in a row, not much gets past him on the left wing.

Next Season

Go for 3 in a row and, again, win in a European semi final!

S.C. Farense - Liga ZON Sagres - 2036/37

Squad

Transfers

Twenty sixth season of the revolution! Make a European final, any European final.

Liga ZON Sagres - Runners Up

Fixtures

Positions Graph

Supertaça - Champions

UEFA Champions League - Quarter Final

This was quite a disappointing season, due to our league form and our Champions League run. First off we struggled to beat Vitória de Guimarães in the Supertaça, eventually getting by them on penaltys. Even though we won most of our games all season we really struggled against Benfica and lower teams in the league. Despite a shock loss to Vizela we eventually managed to reach top spot but we had quite possibly the worst last few games possible, our second and third last games were against Porto and Benfica who were only 1 point behind us. We beat Porto 2-1 with one of their players scoring an own goal which had me thinking our luck was in and we were goin to win the league but Benfica came to the Eriksen Arena and scrapped out a 1-0 win which all but handed them the title. The League Cup and the Taça de Portugal were the highlights of our season, we knocked Benfica out in the League Cup semi final and faced Porto in the final and as Porto took a 3-0, I thought we would be hammered but we battled back to force the game into penaltys and we won in probably the worst penalty shoot out ever but a win is a win. We had a few big wins in the Taça de Portugal, we beat Belenenses 5-0 and Académica 6-0 in the first 2 rounds before we came up against Porto in the semi final and we embarrassed them 6-1 and won the tie 8-3 on aggregate and then we beat surprise finalists Camacha 2-0. We found the Champions League group stages pretty easy except for a 1-0 loss to Young Boys, we knocked out our Spanish rivals Sevilla in the next round before we got drew against Chelsea in the next round, the draw for the semi final was quite interesting, Farense/Chelsea V PSG/Porto, a European semi final against Porto would be epic. A 0-0 draw in the first leg against Chelsea put us in the driving seat for the 2nd leg, all we needed was an away goal but we couldnt manage it and Chelsea managed to score 3. PSG ended up beating Porto but I was still disappointed because we had already hammered PSG in the group stages 8-1, and I knew if we got past Chelsea we would finally make it to a European final but once again it wasn't to be and PSG actually went onto win the whole thing.

Awards

2037 World Team of the Year - Cheikh Dione

UEFA Champions League Dream Team - Abdullah Boakye

Liga ZON Sagres Team of the Year - Gontran Kpatinde, Peter, Abdullah Boakye, Cheikh Dione, Cristian Sánchez

Liga ZON Sagres Best Goalkeeper of the Year - Gontran Kpatinde

Liga ZON Sagres Most Man of the Match Awards - Cristian Sánchez

Star Player

Cheikh Dione - Our midfield magician, easily one of the best midfielders in the world .

Next Season

Bring the liga back and go for a big final.

S.C. Farense - Liga ZON Sagres - 2038/39

Squad

Transfers

Twenty seventh season of the revolution! We are ready for a European final, we need it now.

Fixtures

Positions Graph

Taça de Portugal - 6th Round

Supertaça - Champions

UEFA Champions League - Champions

We dominated on all fronts this season except in the Taça de Portugal were we got knocked out by Benfica, but that was only 1 of 2 low points of the season, the other being a 3-0 loss to Sporting but other than that we were unstoppable. We quickly moved into first spot in the league and held onto it all season, there was no way we would be caught. It was quite pleasing to be ahead of Benfica by 23 points in the end. We arrived in the National Stadium in Lisbon for our 10th league cup final in a row, maybe we should start calling it Eriksen Arena North? We faced a pretty weak Benfica side and ran out 3-0 winners. We beat Benfica in the Supertaça at the start of the season by the same score line so thats why it was quite disappointing to get knocked out of the Taça de Portugal. But, anyways the domestic front wasnt the main focus this season, it was mostly all about the Champions League. We qualified from our group easily enough and we drew Lyon in the next round and we managed to grabbed a late away goal in the first leg and went onto win the tie on away goals. In the quarter finals we drew Liverpool and the 2 games were epic, we won the first leg 4-1 in Anfield and that pretty much secured our path through to the semi final but Liverpool made it hard for us but we managed to beat them 5-4 at home and we won 9-5 overall. I knew when I seen we drew Juventus in the semi final that this had to be our year, but things didnt look to be going all that good when Juve grabbed an away goal in the first leg but we managed to pull 2 back and so we headed into the 2nd leg full of confidence. By half time we were winning 2-1 and in the driving seat and we could smell the final, but Juve didnt want to make it easy for us and they grabbed 2 goals to go ahead 3-2 which only had us winning on away goals but we held on and kept Juve away from our goal and we finally, after years of semi final heartbreak, made our way into the Champions League final were we would take on Manchester United. Having beat United 5-0 only 3 years ago I felt confident heading into my biggest game in 27 years at Farense, but I knew the players would be nervous heading into this game and the nerves showed in the 7th minute when Cristiano Figo put the ball in his own net but we got ourselves together and pulled one back in the 40th minute and that was the last goal of the game as we went through extra time with no goals and headed to a penalty shoot out, not our strong point. The score was 2-1 to us after 4 penos each and Ricardinho put the ball down for the 5th penalty, if he scores we win, and he calmly slotted it in to give us our first Champions League trophy.

Awards

World Team of the Year - Cheikh Dione

Best Player in Europe - Cheikh Dione

Liga ZON Sagres Team of the Year - Arran Perpetuini, Cristiano Figo, Peter, Abdullah Boakye, Lorenzo Bosma, Cheikh Dione

Liga ZON Sagres Best Goalkeeper of the Year - Arran Perpetuini

Liga ZON Sagres Central Defender of the Year -Abdullah Boakye

Liga ZON Sagres Full Back of the Year - Peter

Liga ZON Sagres Most Man of the Match - Lorenzo Bosma

Best National Player - Dominik Hohn

Star Player

Lorenzo Bosma - Picked him because it was his first season and he stood out by a mile, settled straight into the team.

Next Season

Defend our league and Champions League titles the best we can!

S.C. Farense - Liga ZON Sagres - 2039/40

Squad

Transfers

Twenty eighth season of the revolution! Live up to our high expectations.

Fixtures

Positions Graph

Portuguese League Cup - Runners Up

Supertaça - Champions

UEFA Champions League - 3rd in Group Stage

UEFA Europa League - Champions

UEFA Super Cup - Champions

World Club Championship - Runners Up

This was one of the maddest seasons yet, we played in 8 different competitions and won 5 of them and runners up in 2 of them. I suppose the best place to start is the Supertaça as it was the first game of the season, we made hard work of it against Benfica but Cristan Sánchez scored a hat trick and scored in the 96th minute to give us our first trophy of the season. And we wernt waiting long to lift our second trophy, we faced Europa League winners Everton in the European Super Cup and we won quite easily, Everton didn't put up much of a fight. In the league, we didnt really have it our own way and there was many times I was unsure if we would win it, especially after we were beaten by Porto twice and we kinda struggled against Benfica and Sporting but with 3 games left we came up against Benfica in Lisbon and who ever won that game effectively won the title and we managed to win 3-1 from being 1-0 down, and we secured the league in the next game with a wonderful 6-0 win over Leiria at home. The Taça de Portugal was won easily enough, the only strong challenge coming from Sporting in the 6th round but we beat them off 3-0 and in the final we faced surprise finalists Chaves who pretty much rolled over for us as we scored 4 and lifted the cup for the 7th time. Once again, we strolled into the League Cup final making easy work of every team we played but Porto were too strong for us in the final, we never turned up and had no reply to their early goals. The only disappointing competition of the season was the Champions League, our first game was a joke, we lost 8-0 to Inter Milan because almost all our players were ruled out and we to field a team of youngsters, but we did win our next 2 to give us a chance to qualify from the group but we drew the last 3 games and ended up in 3rd spot and into the Europa League. Before we played a game in the Europa League we had the World Club Championship to play for, we easily beat Pumas in the semi final but in the final against Palmeiras we didnt manage to score, not even in the penalty shoot out and Palmeiras won 3-0 on penaltys. We showed in the Europa League that we didnt belong in that competition as we made it to the final quite easily winning every game bar one draw with Lyon in the quarter final, and we won the final with a late goal from Lorenzo Bosma, all though we were kinda lucky but we didnt mind, we won our 2nd European trophy in a row.

Awards

World Team of the Year - Abdullah Boakye

World Golden Ball - Cheikh Dione

Liga ZON Sagres Team of the Year - Tarcsio, Abdullah Boakye, Nahuel Ferreira, Lorenzo Bosma, Pavel Haman

Liga ZON Sagres Player of the Year - Lorenzo Bosma

Liga ZON Sagres Top Goalscorer - Pavel Haman

Liga ZON Sagres Forward of the Year - Lorenzo Bosma

Liga ZON Sagre Central Defender of the Year - Abdullah Boakye

Liga ZON Sagres Full Back of the Year - Tarcsio

Star Player

Pavel Haman - We brought him in during the January transfer window and he went on to score 20 goals in 20 games and 18 in the 14 league games he played, our first winner of the top goalscorer and he was only here half the season.

Next Season

We have to do better in the Champions League, cant get knocked out at the group stage again!

S.C. Farense - Liga ZON Sagres - 2040/41

Squad

Transfers

Twenty ninth season of the revolution! Hit back to Europe with a bang.

Fixtures

Positions Graph

Supertaça - Champions

UEFA Champions League - Champions

UEFA Super Cup - Champions

Every competition we entered, we won! 6 out of 6! We only lost 3 times over the season which is amazing, but, of course, we had some luck along the way. The only game we lost in the league was against an invincible Porto team, who only conceded 1 goal in 13 games. We were behind Porto the whole season and they pulled away by a few points but we clawed them back and with 4 games remaining we beat them 2-0 and after that the title went right down to the final day. Porto played Camacha on Friday and some how managed to lose 1-0 and that left us only 2 points behind them, and our last game was scheduled to be on the Sunday and we had a pretty easy win away to Varzim. Despite being second for most the season we managed to steal the title on the last day to win 3 in a row! Before lifting the liga we had plenty of success, first was the Supertaça, an easy 4-0 win over Chaves got our season off to the perfect start. Later that month we were up against Liverpool in the European Super Cup, and it was easier than I thought, I had expected Liverpool to put up more of a fight especially with our former favourite Ben Nooij playing up front, but we showed him why he should of stayed with us as we smashed Liverpool 6-1. Our next trophy came towards the end of the season, once again we strolled into the League Cup final and we were up against Porto and won 3-1 as our love affair with the League Cup continued. Next month just ten days after winning the liga we, again, faced Porto in a final, this time the Taça de Portugal final and once again, we beat them 3-1. Three days later we were involved in another final, the last one of the season but it was the most important one. We were against Bayern Munich in the Champions League final, we didnt seem as nervous as our first Champions League final but it was clear there were some nerves but just like last years Europa League final we grabbed a late goal and for the 2nd time in 3 years we lifted the Champions League trophy.

Awards

World Team of the Year - Cheikh Dione, Lorenzo Bosma

UEFA Champions League Dream Team - Ilson Gimenes, Tarcsio, Peter, Ricardinho, Kazem Ahmadi, Lorenzo Bosma, Cheikh Dione, Cristian Sánchez, Nahuel Ferreira

UEFA Champions League Golden Boot - LorenzoBosma

UEFA Champions League Best Player - Cheikh Dione

Liga ZON Sagres Team of the Year - Ilson Gimenes, Tarcsio, Peter, Abdullah Boakye, Ricardinho, Lorenzo Bosma, Nahuel Ferreira, Cheikh Dione, Cristian Sánchez

Best Player in Europe - Lorenzo Bosma

Liga ZON Sagres Player of the Year - Nahuel Ferreira

Liga ZON Sagres Most Assists - Lorenzo Bosma

Liga ZON Sagres Goalkeeper of the Year - Ilson Gimenes

Liga ZON Sagres Full Back of the Year - Peter

Star Player

Abdullah Boakye - Best central defender in Portugal for the last few years and now easily the best in Europe, pops up with a serious amount of goals too.

Next Season

Since we are in the World Club Championships next season, I want to win everything again including that.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived