MC position relative to preffered foot

Hi,

Not 100% sure how I should be setting my MC up with regards to the foot he uses. I have one set as an Advanced Playmaker (Attack) and the other set as a Ball Winning Midfielder (Support)

MC(L) MC®

Ball Winning Midfielder Advanced Playmaker

Bedoya Right Foot Davis Right foot

Should I have them play the other way around so the Advanced Playmaker can take better shots ie he will be cutting in from the left side of midfield? Or will this take away some of the assists he will gain from being on his stronger foots side of the field?

I hope I was able to explain my question ok.

Try swapping them over and see what happens.

Often, if I've a central player underperforming, be it a striker, midfielder or defender, I'll try swapping them with their partner for a match or two and will sometimes see an increase in form from improved passing. Obviously, if the other player suffers a dip at the same time than it'll be the overall team performance that decides which way around is preferable, but that doesn't always happen.

I seem to favour putting a lefty on the left and a righty on the right for MC's, to me it makes the killer diagonal killer ball easier and also just feels more natural. I am a lefty and I remember playing more passes to the right side as it suits the body shape a bit more.

I seem to favour putting a lefty on the left and a righty on the right for MC's, to me it makes the killer diagonal killer ball easier and also just feels more natural. I am a lefty and I remember playing more passes to the right side as it suits the body shape a bit more.

Same here, if you're on the pitch on the side of your preferred foot you can still give a through ball to the winger on your side making a run and you can give the diagonal through ball. If you're on the opposite side you can only play the diagonal ball if you can turn yourself open to the center of the field which can be difficult under pressure. It also depends a bit on how the midfielder is put under pressure and how good his first tough and technique is but in general I would prefer being on the right side of the center midfield as a right footed player. Still no harm in trying things the other way around and see how it goes.

Archived