I'm Just Flamers From The Bloc.

Flamers

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

leg.png

High Expectations

Board Expectations | Media Expectations

Win. Simply that is what i have been told to do, anything short of the league and a cup final appearance and my head my well be on the line. They also expect a good showing in Europe too, nothing like a bit of pressure eh?

Squad

After Carlos' departure we are weaker, but I have splashed a bit of cash and brought in some suitable replacements, Nunez is getting on but he will do for at least a season, providing a little bit a stability to a very young side.

Transfers | Board Overview

We now have a huge loan, making consistent losses and spending more than we get in on transfers. Oh well, we have the Champions League this year!

leg.png

We Will Overcome

Squad | Results | League Table

I have added some much needed talent to the squad, in some positions we are still a little shallow but having 3 right wingers injured simultaneously was a touch unrealistic. Even so we have managed a great start to both our domestic and European campaigns. We are still unbeaten in all competitions however this isn't good enough to see us top of the league, Lech are sitting there unbeaten in 26 games and winning all their matches so far this season!

I am slowly making the gap back up between spent and sold. The Champions League money is easily covering our gap mind, £6.17m for reaching the groups is a great help!

leg.png

Set For The Future

The team has performed exceptionally well, we have only lost in the Champions League Groups. Yes you read that right, CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUPS. When I left they were 3rd in the group and should finish there, we have played with great honour in all of our games and given our all. The league has been ours to dominate which we have done very successfully same with the FA Cup. I have left the club in a fantastic state with enough money, great players and a good backroom.

zen.png

On The Train To Leningrad

Zenit St Petersburg Job Offer

I had to take the job offer as I was offered more money, the team has "insecure" finances so it will be a new challenge!

I take of a Zenit team which have lost all of their games outside of Europe in the last 9 matches, that is my first goal a victory. My next is to get through the EURO Cup groups and hopefully have a good run. It is still possible for a European spot and I will try to make it. The team itself looks good enough to achieve much better than the 11th place that I take over them in so I should push forward and gain a few positions.

Boardroom Overview | Transfers

Over £9m in debt but with a £3m profit this season. I sense that Europe will be key to my survival.

zen.png

Stuttering Through

They are all over paid and not exactly young. I will probably spend the summer reshaping the squad completely but until then I am managing with what I have. The win against Kuban I hoped was a sign of things to come, however I soon hit to ground, hard after a 2-1 defeat to Aberdeen and then 5-2 to Lokomotiv Moscow. Since then I have bene trying to tweak the tactics and it seemed to work, helping me over come a 3-0 score 34 mintues in to win

!

When I took over the club were in 11th so I am making some kind of positive movement at least!

I will need to start selling players to bring in some money,the stupidity of the previous manager is incredible. The amount of clauses he signed and payoffs over time is frustrating. The board don't seem to be very pleased with the fact we have no money at all as well.

eng.png

Domination

Results | European Championship Qualifying Group A

A loss against Turkey and a draw against Spain were our only two blemishes but other than that a very successful year seeing us finish top of our qualifying group with a perfect record!

zen.png

2nd Sucks

Squad | Tactics

We have no left wingers so I have chosen to go for a narrow tactic, playing very defensively it isn't always ideal but it is a work in progress and is slowly getting better. At one point in 5 games we have won 4 lost 1 and only conceded once!

Russian Premier Division Results | Russian Cup Results | Friendly Results | League Table | League Position Graph | EURO Cup Results

I took over the club in 11th position and sinking, I managed to turn the form around using the players and limited funds I had available and saw us claim the 6th spot and a place in the EURO Cup next season! Our form in the second half of the season would have seen us win the league unfortunately the 10 games lost before I arrived had not helped us at all.

In the Russian Cup we managed to breeze through the rounds until we came up against Amkar in the semi final, we had to reply on penalties to see us through, from this we met CSKA in the final. We completely out played them in every sense however an incredible lapse from my defend saw there striker clean through how rounded my keeper to score the only goal in the match.

In Europe I took over Zenit after they had qualified from the Groups, from there we had a fairly easy run in. Dinamo Bucharest and Galatasary both feel, the later a 14 goal thriller over 2 legs! We then managed to come back against Grasshoppers and Arsenal to set up a final against Bayern, in a game where we were totally out classed I can't complain. We were second best on the day, it would have been nice to run out EURO Cup winners in my first season but I knew it wasn't likely and I am proud to have got this far in my first year.

Very few transfers, what do you expect from a club with two players on a combined total of £158,000 per week! However the chariman has given us a loan and our success has meant we now have over £30 million in the bank and we should now be safer for the long term.

eng.png

Undefeated And Looking For A Title

Results

A dull draw with Turkey, a couple of simple wins against South Korea and Ivory Coast. Then came our moral booster against India, I expected to win but 10 goals is very flattering, we wasted far too many chances and should have scored more, however that match did set 3 new records: lowest attendance, 66539; highest scoring game, 10-0; biggest win, 10-0. A nice side effect overall.

zen.png

For The Good Of The People

Board Expectations | Media Expectations

I had the choice, although I think top 4 is possible I would be more than happy with EURO Cup so that is what I went for. No point getting sacked for no reason. The media are backing me in my vision too.

Squad

A bigger squad on less money with higher skill. Perfect.

Not many transfers but they have been important, bringing in some much needed quality.

eng.png

Lenin And The Chocolate Factory

Welcome to the first update for an international championship, we will be following England's progress through the 2020 European Championship held in Belgium.

European Championship Results | European Championship Results Tree

The group stage was rather easy for us, other than the slightly hairy moment when Bulgaria came back to 2-1 there were no problems, we had qualified before that match anyway. After that we came up against Ireland in the second round, they proved no challenge for my clinical England side and we pushed them aside 3-0. Slovenia's stout defence was next, a 1-0 win shows how the match was very one sided but they defended admirably but eventually we managed to get the ball in the back of the net.

From here it becomes more interesting, Turkey, France, Holland and England in the last four. All good sides and all in with a realistic shout of winning the title. Turkey possibly the rank outsider but the other three very closely matched. It took use until penalties to get past Turkey doing so 5-4, not missing a single one (FM is not realistic!). This set us up with Holland in the final, 2nd against 3rd in the final. The script could have hardly been written better. Holland started the game more enthusiastic but seeing the gaps that started to form in there defence I started pushing up but this wasn't enough and they scored in the 37th minute. I rousing half time team talk and telling my players to get the ball forward and working it into the box saw us to score in the 83rd minute, I saw the game going into extra time but we had the momentum. However star striker Patrick Marumo had other ideas, scoring a true poachers effort in the 3rd, and last, minute of injury time giving us the win 2-1! My first international trophy has been claimed with my England side and hopefully we can keep going until the World Cup!

zen.png

Rebuilding

I can already tell you the downfall of us this season, starting in the 2nd Qualifying round of the EURO Cup will kill us, this means we have 6 more games in that than the teams we are competing with.However we have had a good start to the season, a loss to Spartak on the first day was a bit disappointing, even more so due to the fact we didn't deserve it. I really need to get my strikers firing properly again. The league table is a bit misleading as we have 2 games in hand against most of the table a 3 to most of it. With this we could go 2nd if we can win our spare games.

Only one player brought, several in on frees. I also rejected a £30m bid for my English striker which I may come to regret but oh well! We are also getting new youth facilities too!

Just hit a big junction in my career....

281.png

We are doing well, Lokomotiv aren't doing great but they have much better finances... I think I might have to take it because it's a much higher wage for me.

Unless you're desperate to get to Moscow I'd be inclined to say no - with Zenit you've got the bigger stadium and have already started your project, whereas with Loko it'd be a job even to be the biggest team in your city! It's sideways at best, depends how loudly the money is talking...

Archived