I'm Just Flamers From The Bloc.

Flamers

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks City2000 :D I am currently looking for jobs in countries with less strict rules..

And yes I will try and come up with some pun for every update but I don;t know how long I can keep it going for :p

ska.png

Marching to the Sound of SKA

Squad | Tactics

The squad is now fitting in much better with my new tactics, our aim is simple, score as many as we can. I can to this decision after realising that people with no legs can defend better than my defence. We are qutie reliant on one striker but when he is there we win, a lot. We are also still very weak on the left hand side, a problem I hope I can address in the next transfer window.

The tactics are a basic 4-4-2 with a Target Man and a Poacher up front. From this the team is set to Control, Shorter passing and closing down often. I find this aggressive strategy rather effective against bigger teams however I still can't find a way to beat bottom of the table.

First Division Results 1 | First Division Results 2 | Russian Cup Results |Overall League Table |Champions Group |Playoff Results |Relegation Group

All of the results in results 1 I had no control over, most of them in results 2 I did. In the end we went up a total of 4 places under my command, finishing 12th overall (not in the overall table). The league splits after each team has played each other twice, from that we gained more places to pull ourselves well clever off relegation. It is quite interesting how the team who finished 2nd at the end of the normal season are the champions! The less said about the Russian Cup the better, we shoudl have won but we were robbed. The impact I have made is a positive one, pulling the club (reluctantly) up from 16th place to finish 12th by the end of the season, we played some very exciting football (often too exciting for my liking!) and made sure the fans got what they paid for!

Transfers | Finances

We sold a player! He was transfer listed and we got £22,000 for him. Can't complain! However is doesn't quite cover the £3,000,000 loss this season.

ska.png

Action Behind the Curtain

Board Expectations | Media Expectations

The board what me to at least get into the top half, something that I think should be possible. I doubt that we can really go much further than that this season, having said that we have signed several very promising players of the off season. The media expect us to be average.

Squad | Results

The squad is huge, I am trying to sell players so I can get more in but that takes time. Hopefully I few more can be sold before the end of this window.

In terms of results we have played well, until two players decided that it would be a great idea to get themselves sent of 25 minutes into a cup game. We lost that 3-0.

Transfers | Board Overview

Sold one player and brought in several. Hopefully more sales to come, which should keep the bank manager a bit happier!

I put up the board overview as it gives you a better idea of what I have to play with behind the scenes.

ska.png

Average in Every Way

Squad | Results | League Table

Compared to this time last year we seem at the same point, why am I more positive this team you may ask? Well I can tell you! First off our main striker was out for a month at the start of the season which is a major blow but he is back now! Also we have had a lot of high profile games to start the season with so hopefully we can now improve!

Only one more transfer in the transfer window, a spare player leaving for £18,000. Our finances are no better for it though, however I am only £1,900 over budget now!

Tough break with that result, although you seem to be doing well enough elsewhere. As you say, facing Krylya, Amkar, Spartak and Ural in the first eight game is a tough start so it should ease up a bit. Interesting to see Neftekhimik and Dnepr come up though, not the usual suspects. Be kind to Rotor Volgograd for me!

I have found the club I want to manage: 1. FC Magdeburg

Because of this: 1974 UFEA Cup Final

As far as I can tell they are one of the few Eastern Bloc clubs to have ever won a European cup (time to be corrected) and also they will hopefully be floating around in tier 3 of German football :D

I just checked there are two other Eastern Bloc winners at the time, one is Dinamo Kyiv (who I should manage at some point) and a Georgian side who I can't play as.

ska.png

Staring Into Oblivion

Squad | Results | League Table

The team is better than last year but about the same. Out players are much better but at the start we just couldn't play. A more conservative style has seen us have some good form recently but I was nearly sacked 3 times and am in the last year of my contract with no signs of an extension.

Sold 3 players and another is being offered a contract.

However we now have insecure finances, I blame the chairman as I only spend the money I am given!

ska.png

Viva La Revolution!

Squad | Tactics

The squad has shrunk noticeably due to a lot of players leaving who were simply not good enough for the First Division. This would have been the case no matter what, I need wage budget to bring in new talent to the club so we can push forward. I am looking to bring more foreign talent to the club as we can now have up to 6 non Russian players in the first 11!

The tactic has stayed the same throughout the season, I very defensive closing down 4-4-2, we aim to win the ball back as soon as possible and then get it to the poacher who scores.

First Division Results 1 | First Division Results 2 | Russian Cup Results | Friendly Results | Overall League Table |League Position Graph

It took a while but when we hit our stride we were nearly unstoppable, we were one of the few teams in the division that managed to beat Shinnik who went on to win the league. Honestly Shinnik outclassed the league and were long gone, at that point I was sitting just above relegation with my head on the line. I was nearly sacked on three different occasions, however we managed to pull our form around and climb the table. On the last day we sat 4th, 2 points above 6th and 1 point off 2nd, we managed to do the business and won 6-1 vs bottom. Amkar were the only team that could stop us, they went 2-0 down after 30 minutes and I thought I would easily be promoted, however 60 minutes in they pulled it back to 2-2, then onto 3-2 in the 85th minute, we were destined for the playoffs. When my match ended they were 3-2 in front and going through, however Dinamo Bryansk had other ideas, scoring in the 92nd minute to let me go through in second!

With this great late league form it saw me win Manager of the Year, Lutsenko was Top Goal Scorer and 2 players managed to get into Team of the Year.

We still do not talk about the Russian Cup. Ever.

Transfers | Finances

Sold £97,000 worth of players, brought £7,000. Lost £3,780,000 can't beat that!

Archived