King's Lynn Town: Rising from the Ashes

Johnny Drama

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got our latest batch of youth candidates looks like their is a few players with a future with us, hopefully get a feeder club soonto send some of my young ones out

KingsLynnTownYouthCandidatesSquad_Players.png

Managed to retain the JPT on penalties, got £36k for winning it but paid out £160k in bonuses, think I might have to give this conpetition a miss next year.

WalsallvKingsLynnInformation_Overview.png

The league is looking alot better than I thought it would at this point, we have stormed back into the play offs thanks to a lack of consistency from the clubs around us. I think catching Oldham is a bit much but there is no reason we cant maintain are position.

npowerLeague1Overview_Stages-5.png

It was a great year and here is a few of the players who helped made it happen

Antonis Chavos

He continues to step up to the plate, he as once again my top scorer with 29 league goals despite only having an8 for finishing, also he is an accomplished CM so when I am facing a lot of injuries and suspensions I drop him back and he is just as effective. He has picked up a few Greece U'21 caps and even go called up to the 1st team squad once but is yet to receive a cap. A good year in the Championship and I can see that rectified.

AntonisChavosOverview_Profile-2.png

Biriam Mariotti

This guy continues to impress me and he has also made an impression for England U'19's and has even Captained the side. Mr consistent and has proven to be worth the £5k I paid for him three years ago.

BiriamMariottiOverview_Profile.png

Troy Cockrill

Like Chavos he is a product of the academy. Easily the best defender tocme up from it he is able to play at right back or in the middle and even further up the park when I need him to. Played 33 league gamestis season and has the right back spot his own. He has been a regular since 16 and I knocked back a few bids for him January I want at least £1M for him as my assistant thinks he will continue to develop into a top player.

TroyCockrillOverview_Profile.png

Mike Dyer

Dyer was a big risk when I signed him 2 years ago I spent £450k on a player who had only ever played in the BSP. The former Tottenham youngster proved to be a huge part of my team last year and continued in the same vein of form scoring 7 league goals and making 19 assists as he was ever present in the team. it was his double at Wembley that saw us gain promotion. His 24 assists in total is a new club record. He is one of my few midfielders I think will be able to make the step up to Championship level.

MikeDyerOverview_Profile-1.png

Elsewhere in the rest of the World

Prem

Winners Arsenal

Relegated Swansea, Norwich and Reading

Championship

Winners Sunderland

Promoted Derby & Leyton Orient

Relegated Barnsley, Bolton and Luton

League One

Winners Oldham

Promoted Ipswich, King's Lynn

Relegated Hereford, Doncaster, Yeovil, Scunthorpe

League Two

Winners Peterborough

Promoted Coventry, Rotherham & Shrewsbury

Relegated Mansfield, Ebbsfleet

Conference

Winners Chester

Promoted Plymouth

Relegated Dag & Red, Hampton & Richmond, Dorchester, Rochdale

BSN

Winners: Altrincham

Promoted: Black County Rangers

Relegated: Cadbury Ath, Appleby Frodingham & Ossett Albion

BSS

Winners: Kettering

Promoted: Highmoor Ibis

Relegated: Bromley, Thatcham and Boreham Wood

Promoted from Regional Premierships

Northwich Villa, Rustingdon, Bridon Rope, Bury Town, London Lions, Little Common

FA Cup: Chelsea

League Cup: Arsenal

JPT: King's Lynn

FA Trophy: Brentford

Europa League: FC Porto

Champions League: Chelsea

Cheers mate, I didn't expect it so soon. I think this yearwill be alot tougher.

AdamBowmanNews_Inbox-4.png

Now I know how Millwall felt when we signed Morison.

Two years ago Stevens was playing in the Southern Prem with Rushington and now playing in he Championship and thats notgood enough. His contract expires at the end of the season so he has forced my hand somewhat. With the promotion his value has been inflated to £1M so I am going to offer him out double that. Quite a few teams are showing interest in my players so what I hoped would be a quiet window will be anything but.

AdamBowmanNews_Inbox-2.png

Surprised to get a mention considering they just won the League, ultimately wasn't offered the job it went to Lee Clark. This sparked more interest as Dave Jones who just took Leyton Orient to the Prem took over from Clark at Cardiff bu I decided to stay with Lynn. We have made remarkable progress in the last 10 years and I cant throw that away. Arsenal was tempting though.

AdamBowmanNews_Inbox-6-1.png

Although I got this message no money has been added to our finances, is it added over the course of the year in installments? Could really do with this money!

Transfers

Out

Jamie Stevens £1.7M Neuchatal Xamax- One year left on his deal and he wanted out

Robbie Coates £500,000 QPR - Decent DM but injury prone

Sandor Kovacs £10,000 Cambridge UP - not good enough

Harald Thiesen £12,000 Mickleover - not good enough

Zeli Ismail Free Grimsby - too injury prone

Adrian Pitu £750,000 Parma - minimum release fee

Luke Stokes £100,000 Dunfermilne - Not good enough

Robbie Luisi Free Taranto - Signed a pre contract agreement with them in January

Rune Rasmussen Free- Been a good servant and even has a couple of caps now but he wanted £7k a week and I can afford that

Nicholas Heywood £675,000 Stoke - His minimum release fee

In

Eifion Monument Free Dundee Utd - Been tracking him a while and a good capture on a free.

Hasan Aldemir £80,000 - His agent pushed us on to him, more than capable for this level, a bargain I think.

Richard MacKenzie Free AIS - Looks like a quality striker for this level.

EifionMonumentOverview_Profile-1.png

HasanAldemirOverview_Profile.png

RichardMacKenzieOverview_Profile-2.png

Yeah I am going to have him work on his compusure as he should do well here I'm sure. There was another player from AIS I tried to sign but couldn't get a work permit for him and he was even better than this guy, i'll post up a screenshot of him later if you want.

Sure, that'd be great.

I feel rather bad about simply commenting on the Australian player, I have been reading your thread with great interest. You've had some absolute cracker players come through your team.

I see Norwich got relegated to the Championship giving you a great chance to get one over your neighbours and close in on being the best club in Norfolk.

npowerChampionshipOverview_Stages.png

We had a very encouraging start to the season with wins over Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday. We were sitting in the play offs or the first 12 games but for the first time we are struggling to score and it has brought some inconsistencies with the results. We are sitting comfortably in mid table and I am happy with that my aim still is to make sure we survive. The strikers are worrying me the most new boy MacKenzie is still yet to score a league goal. Joshua Molyneaux has netted just three times the only one still finding the net on a regular basis is Antonis Chavos who has scored 10 times this season.

We went out of the League Cup in he second round to our Norfolk rivals Norwich 3-1, we have got Leeds away in the third round of the FA Cup. They are in the bottom three of the Championship and we beat them earlier in the summer so I am hopeful that we can get past them.

We are struggling financially. Our wage bill has almost doubled since we got promotion to the Championship and we have hardly n income so we are losing about £200k a month. We get practically nothing from sponsorship and till December our capacity was reduced to 3,200 while they added more seats. We really need at least an expansion or preferably a new stadium but while we are leaking money its not going to happen. We are going to need to continually sell our players and bring in cheaper ones to keep afloat. Thankfully due to the large amount of decent players coming through non-league clubs I should be able to do this on a regular basis without costing us relegation.

I sold two of my best prospects in the January to get the finances up Matt Lewis joined Real Sociedad and Kragh joined Maccabi Tel Aviv. With the bank balance sitting at £4m I decided to try for a stadium again and amazingly the board agreed. Its going to take over two years to build but its just what we need.

AdamBowmanNews_Inbox-8-1.png

Got this guy on loan from Man City for three months and hopefully he will help us with our lack of goals

RollandMorencyOverview_Profile.png

According to my assistant manager these are the best youth candidates

ScottWoodOverview_Profile.png

DevidNovatiOverview_Profile.png

With 7 games to do we are still sitting mid table, MacKenzie has hitthe back of the net a bit more scoring 10 times in the latter half of the season taking his total to 11. There is hope for him yet.

We crashed out of the FA Cup away to Man City, amazing Crewe who are in League 1 have booked a place at Wembley beating Sheffield Wednesday in the quarters which should net them a good pay day! The Man City game was watched by over 40,000 and I think we got over £500k for it which has helped stem the losses.

npowerChampionshipOverview_Stages-4.png

A mid table was always on the cards from about 20 games in. Considering our squad is built of entirely players from non league I am very happy with this. It became clear we do need to strengthen a few positions if we are to improve next season with the goalkeeper spot the most important as I think Max Sherwood is no longer good enough to be my no1.

Key Players

Antonis Chavos - Out of all the strikers he was the most consistent with 15 league goals and 20 in total. His value has rocketed to £2.6M and he has now picked up a few caps for Greece.

Simon Sturgess - CM that was retrained as a LM for last season and he had his best season for us yet. If not for injury he would of probably been ever present.

Luke Marriott - 7 goals from midfield and is probably better than Dyer now and may even take his starting berth inte AMC slot.

Eifion Monument - My best defender last year, only missed 5 games. Is getting chased by a few bigger clubs so it could be his last year with us.

Premier League

Winners: Man Utd

ECL Places:Chelsea, Arsenal & Man City

Relegated: Leyton Orient, Southampton, Charlton

Championship

Winners: Swansea

Promoted: Reading, Nottinham Forest

Relegted:Leeds, Oldham, West Brom

League One

Winners: Watford

Promoted: Middlesbrough, Crystal Palace

Relegated: Bradford, Coventry, Morecombe, Grimsby

League Two

Winners: Cambridge UP

Promoted: Plymouth, Northampton, Chester

Relegated: Woking, Doncaster

BSP

Winners: Mansfield

Promoted: Newport

Relegated: Macclesfield, Carlisle, Harrogate, Highmoor Ibis

BSN

Winners: Northwich Villa

Promoted: Nuneaton

Relegated: Bury Town, Histon, Tranmere

BSS

Winners: Bath

Promoted: Launceston

Relegated: Hampton & Richmond, Welling, Salisbury

Promoted from Regional Prems: Orpington, Eastbourne Town, Cranfield, Mickleover, Ossett Albion, Whitehaven

FA Cup: Chelsea

League Cup: Liverpool

JPT: Chesterfield

FA Trophy: Newport County

Champions League: Bayern Munich

Europa League: Marseille

Euro Super Cup: Chelsea

World Club Cup: Chelsea

Great Stuff! Do you think you could push for promotion next season?

And big drop from Tranmere! Any other relatively "big" teams dropped as far as them?

Brentford briefly dropped into the Isthmian Prem but are now in the BSS. Rochdale and Carlisle will be playing in the BSN next season as well. Stevenage are in the BSS

As for Promotion I still feel we wont be quite ready this year.

Pre-season is underway and their has been limited transfer activity so far. I am looking into getting a few players in on loan but because our reputation is still quite low compared to the other teams in our division.

Here are my two buys so far

Jorge Tavares - My new number one. Was on my radar last year but I wanted to give Sherwood a shot in the championship. Cheap deal at £20,000 too.

JorgeTavaresOverview_Profile.png

Regis Roux - Will compete with Sturgess for the LM spot. I may move Sturgess to the middle so Roux will start.

RgisRouxOverview_Profile.png

Out

Unfortunately my chairman sold Marriott behind my back.

AdamBowmanNews_Inbox-11.png

In other news I have made my first venture into International Management

AdamBowmanNews_Inbox-12.png

A little South Africa update

When I took over they were 2 games into African Nations qualfying they lost 1-0 to Benin and had beat Liberia 9-0 and were sitting in 2nd.

My first game was home to Guinea-Bissau 5-0 with Kermit Erasmus scoring 4 times. I followed this up with wins over Liberia (4-0) and Benin(1-0). Our last game saw us pick up a point and we qualified for the finals.

We are the holders so there will be a high expectation on us to do well. We have a lot better team than I thought and am aiming for at least the semi finals.

We have been drawn in Group A alongside Cameroon, Benin & Burkina Faso

npowerChampionshipOverview_Stages-6.png

The halfway point and we are doing well, I was hoping for top half but to be in the play offs is excellent. My worry is still the lack of goals. MacKenzie has only scored once in the league this season so far so unless he scores a bag full in the second half of the season he is out of here in the summer. Paul Hines is my top scorer in the league and he has only managed to find the net 6 times. I think I am going to have to start going for more established players as recruiting from non-league no longer seems to work.

My better players so far have been my keepers and defenders. Tavares has proven to be a bargain for only £20,000, the Portuguese stopper has kept 12 clean sheets out of 20 league games. With Max Sherwood now 2nd choice I dropped him as Captain and gave the role to Eifion Monument the Welsh defender last year was my best defender and he has carried that form into this season. Also playing out of his skin is Troy Cockrill he has been impressive since being promoted to the first team a few years ago and is now worth £575k and is being chased by Premier League side Reading.

My aim is to hold onto the squad I have in January and maybe bring in a few players on loan. The bank balance stands at £5M but the board are improving the training facilities at the end of the season and thats going to cost over £3M.

Another aim is to score more goals!

SouthAfricaFixtures_Fixtures.png

The first two games in the group was straight forward we absolutely hammered Burkina Faso and it should of been 5 or 6. Cameroon had a superior goal difference so we needed to beat them to get the more favourable draw for the quarters and to be honest we were lucky to get away with the draw. The quarter finals saw us take on Algeria who were also the host nation, we scraped through with a great solo goal from my star AMC Helman Makhanya. The semis paired us with Cameroon again and I was a bit nervous about the fixture.

We went in at the break 1-0 down as they scored right at the end of the first half. Thankfully a 20 minute blitz saw us score three times after I changed our tactic to a counter attack and put a second man up top. We were drawn with Ghana in the final who cruised past everyone. I decided to try and play a bit more conservatively and played a 4-5-1 formation. The first 90 minutes were pretty uneventful apart from a goal we had disallowed. Eventually Kermit Erasmus broke the deadlock to score his first goal of the tournament, he scored a bagful in thequalifying so was pleased he was able to make a contribution to the final.

GhanavSouthAfricaInformation_Overview.png

I completed one of my aims which was to win this competition so I'm not sure whether to carry on with SA. Their isn't any competitive games schedueled so there isn't much to do so I might keep it on for a while. The Copa America is on in the summer so I might try for a job over there to try and complete another one of my International aims.

npowerChampionshipOverview_Stages-7.png

A good season overall happy that we made it closer to the play offs. We were 8th going into the final day 3 points off Sheffield Wednesday and level with Wolves. Wednesday played Wolves in thelast game so I couldn't of gone up no matter what. We still won our last game 1-0. We finally picked uo our scoring a bit with all my strikers contributing but I think we are going to need better inorder to reach the Premier League.

It took a long while but finally I have a new top league scorer, he has hardly been prolific though these past two seasons so it may be time to cash in on him.

AdamBowmanNews_Inbox-14-1.png

A lot of this is due to the upgrading of the training facilities. We still get no cash through sponsorship our kit deal is £7k a year. The stadium will be ready for the 2024/2025 season so I have another year of scraping by. I am thinking of rebuilding the squad though by cashing in on my International strikers Chavos and MacKenze as their value has inreased with their representation of their Country.

AdamBowmanNews_Inbox-16-1.png

Season Review 2022/2023

Premier League

Winners: Chelsea

ECL Places: Arsenal, Man Utd & Blackburn

Relegated: Swansea, Nottingham Forest & Sunderland

Championship

Winner: Southampton

Promoted: Leyton Orient & Blackpool

Relegated: Middlesborough, Leicester & Burnley

League One

Winners: Leeds

Promoted: West Brom & Oldham

Relegated: Millwall, Northampton, Bournemouth & Rotherham

League Two

Winners: Coventry

Promoted: Colwyn Bay, Notts County & Newport County

Relegated: Yeovil & Burton

Blue Square Prem

Winners: Chesham

Promoted: Northwich Villa

Relegated: AFC Wimbledon, Black County Rangers, Lincoln, Kingstonian

Blue Square North

Winners: Mickleover

Promoted: Albion Sports

Relegated: Ossett Albion, Rochdale, Droylsden

Blue Square South

Winners: Bedfont Sports

Promoted: Stevenage

Relegated: Eastbourne Town, Dartford, Crawley

Regional Prems Promoted: Brightlingsea Regent, Boreham Wood, Ash, Pilington xxx, Solihul Moors, Sporting Khalsa

FA Cup: Arsenal

League Cup: Arsenal

Charity Shield: Man Utd

JPT: WBA

FA Trophy: AFC Wimbledon

Transfers

Out

Antonis Chavos £4.5M Panathinaikos

Richard MacKenzie £1.5M + add ons ADO Den Haag

Xavier Mercier £800,000 Falkirk

Ian Hooley £500,000 Atalanta

Ryan Vincent £300,000 Ipswich

In

Bienvenido Kote Lopez £825,000 Ingolstadt

Remie Street Free

Lee Pendlebury £150,000 Millwall

BienvenidoKoteLpezOverview_Profile.png

RemieStreeteOverview_Profile.png

LeePendleburyOverview_Profile.png

I think play offs is a reasonable target. I had too many strikers so I got rid of my two most exspensive ones to get back out of the red. Kote Lopez looks amazing I found him while managing South Africa. Theres a few other African players I am keeping tabs on waiting for work permits including a midfielder from Benin who I think would do a job in the Prem.

npowerChampionshipOverview_Stages-9.png

We have had a great start to the season and am delighted to be in contention at this point, the trouble with this league is it is so strong. Finally though we are scoring goals Paul Hine has scored 9 and Pendlebury has hit 7. I know these aren't amazing strike rates but they have improved and our defence is good so as long as we can keep this up we have got a good chance this year. I would love to go up automatically and that is my aim as I have lost out a few times in years gone by in the play offs.

I also finally got my man, Tossavi the midfielder I have been tracking from Benin has finally got a work permit and he will slot in straight into my first 11, he is a monster.

RachidouTossaviOverview_Profile.png

I also picked up Carl Thompson on a free from from Limerick and I have high hopes for him as well.

CarlThompsonOverview_Profile.png

But just as things are going well our Chairman decides to cash in, not happy. Not even a big bid and we don't need the money badly.

AdamBowmanNews_Inbox-17-1.png

Archived